PDA

View Full Version : Ok first experience with Kratom

JayTrizzle
09-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Just got my package in the mail, 25 grams powdered premium bali. Me and my girl just took roughly 5 grams about 5 minutes ago, deffinetly going to get empty pill capsules next time, the flavor is ok but the texture of the powder is like fucking mud, worse than poppy tea, sticks to your teeth and throat, so I would parachute powder. Will post periodically throughout the night as effects come (or don't come). Oh, btw, I just found out I have a massive curvature of the spine today, because i went to the er last night, scored a shot of demeral (albeit in the ass not iv) and 40 tramadols. So yeah anyway will post as soon as I feel something.

JayTrizzle
09-22-2008, 07:59 PM
t+ 20mins - wow wasn't expecting that much of anything at all. at the moment the opiate-like effects are starting, but beyond that i have the feeling like i just did a line of really good coke, i'm really talkative and hyper, and the feeling atm is like speedball without feeling ate up. I didn't even get super or even 5x, just regular powdered premium commercial bali. gonna parachute another gram or so and see if i can nod off of it, that would be sweet...

jonny-5
09-22-2008, 08:02 PM
keep us updated ive never done kratom. also what is your tolerance at the moment?

JayTrizzle
09-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Tolerance is really high, i started slamming all my opiates about a month and a half ago, and got a good hookup for some PUUUUURE ass powder (made my whole body go pins and needles lol), and i usually have to slam a whole 80, sometimes more, as far as snorting i have to do at least 3 80's, so my tolerance for opiates is pretty high rightn ow.

UPDATE ----- Order Kratom NOW. I am FUCKED up, and like I said, this is just commercial grade, not 15x or Super grade. I would compare it to Oxy, that's the closest thing, due to the energetic yet still sedating euphoria. I'm fucking NODDING, lol, very nice stuff, better than pods for sure.

ZodiacKiller
09-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Cool! I've been wanting to try it, and now I'm convinced!

So, just to be sure: you and your girl had 5 grams each? or divided between you? And you just swallowed it, basically?

ZK

Poppylvr
09-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Cool! I've been wanting to try it, and now I'm convinced!

So, just to be sure: you and your girl had 5 grams each? or divided between you? And you just swallowed it, basically?

ZK
Curious here, wonder if you can get high off Kratom if you're also using Suboxone?

ZodiacKiller
09-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Curious here, wonder if you can get high off Kratom if you're also using Suboxone?

That's a good question, too, since that's all I'm on these days....

ZK

JayTrizzle
09-22-2008, 09:22 PM
five grams apiece, and that'sa good question, becuase kratom works on the mu-opioid receptors. It isn't an actual opiate, it just happens to work just like one in your brain for some reason, so if it works on the mu-opioid receptors, it might make you go into withdrawal from the nalaxone. Like I said this is my first time with kratom, so if anyone knows the answer i'm kind of curious myself.

JayTrizzle
09-22-2008, 09:24 PM
oh and yeah, i tried mixing it with some lemonade (how I used to do pods) but it doesn't dissolve at all, so I found it easier just putting like a gram at a time into a zig zag and swallowing it. I've heard you can mix it with like jello or apple sauce or something like that too, but make sure you get the powdered kind.

ZodiacKiller
09-22-2008, 09:48 PM
^^Actually, I should have clarified---I'm on Subutex, so no Naloxone worries for me. Just the 'ol partial-agonist issues, I guess. But I think it'd be worth a try....

ZK

JayTrizzle
09-22-2008, 09:54 PM
high update - - - - -

Feeling really good, nice and warm, and actually believe it or not combined with just one flexeril it's dullingmy back pain pretty damned well, think i might take the pill press and press some into pills and try to sell them as "h based rolls" lol.

JayTrizzle
09-22-2008, 09:58 PM
okwow the extra gram i parachuted just kicked my ass i just nodded out for ten minutes and got my character killed on everquest....god damit lol

RobotJones
09-22-2008, 10:11 PM
JT, would you mind sharing with us who your vendor is? is it phytoextractum.com? i've yet to try kratom but i'm interested. there's so many types and forms that it comes in that i have no idea where to start. anyone have any suggestions? thanks.

Papa Verine
09-22-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm finding this real hard to believe. Let me clarify... I'm not calling you a liar, I just have never had an experience anywhere near this good with Kratom myself. You normally have to snort 3 OC 80's to get high, and 6 grams of Kratom has you nodding???

I hope somebody here who's more experienced with Kratom then I am can add their thoughts on this.

Ludakris
09-22-2008, 11:55 PM
I'm finding this real hard to believe. Let me clarify... I'm not calling you a liar, I just have never had an experience anywhere near this good with Kratom myself. You normally have to snort 3 OC 80's to get high, and 6 grams of Kratom has you nodding???

I hope somebody here who's more experienced with Kratom then I am can add their thoughts on this.

I've been using Kratom for about a year now. The experience is very much based on body chemistry. Some people get absolutely nothing, even purely nauseous/sick from it...some (the lucky one) have experiences like Jay. Kratom has many active alkaloids which is why some people, even with massive opiate tolerances, get a good feeling off of it. Unfortunate as it may be, the dose to responsive curve flattens off pretty quick. the other crappy thing is tolerance builds rather fast (speaking from my own experience). the speedy like qualities are the first to go when you build tolerance, but if you maintain on Kratom, you can get a quality buzz pretty consitantly...currently, I'm taking about 80-120mg oxy/day and do not feel Kratom any more (except on rare occasion) but it does work well to keep wd's at bay in between scripts.

So, from the people i know that take Kratom regularly, your experiences will vary, but its definitely worth a try.

My vendors are Speciosa and Tree Top Herbals, always quality Kratom.

Hope this helps as a subjective view on it

Hoss
09-23-2008, 12:00 AM
It's been awhile since I danced with the ol' Kratom Machine; got me fixin' to look into it again, especially since I am having a hell of a time getting BACK on Sub maintenance (with my damn high tolerance...). I wonder if Kratom would be good on those "switch back" days with Bup, to help smooth out the transition?

Papa Verine
09-23-2008, 12:07 AM
That makes sense Ludakris. I'm not real sure how I react to it personally... I've only tried it a few times, never more then 6 grams, and only from one vendor. I have no idea how the stuff I got compares to other vendors/varieties. For all I know it could've been crap! I guess it's worth another try... and on that note I want to know where JayTrizzle got his from!

JayTrizzle???

tonyk
09-23-2008, 01:34 AM
I have always purchased mine thru the Kratom King. Good prices and service. Most overlook kratom because it is legal, I suppose. But it does kick more than most expect! AND the best part, atleast for me, is IT DOESNT SHOW UP IN ANY DRUG TESTS!!!

LorTabitha
09-23-2008, 11:49 AM
I've used several different vendors and they all seem to carry similar, if not the same, kratom. I use the applesauce method, which works great for me! :D

Thebane
09-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Damn, I was clean for 2 months and I needed 10+ grams the first time I used kratom again to feel anything... It must not be as cross-tolerant as I thought.

JayTrizzle
09-23-2008, 04:08 PM
i got mine through kratomcats.net, and I used to havethe same problem. I purchased some "15x" that was not powdered, it was still just dry leafmaterial, and i went through the whole bag (15 grams I believe) and got nothing, which is why i'm classifying this as my first actual time using, because the dry leaf material to meiscrap. ALWAYS get powder or resin, i'm gonnA try the resin next time, it's supposed to be pretty high in alkaloid content. And see, pods never got me high at all, and everyone here seems to get their rocks off on pods, my girl got blitzed from them she has the same tolerance as me, but I could never get anything from pods. So there ya go, I would just try some powdered, maybe a 15 or 20x product.

http://www.kratomcats.net/standardized-8-mitragynine-extrac.html

that's the product I would suggest if you've never been high on kratom. And I was assuming 5 grams, it was two heaping tablespoons full, and it looked like a really short quarter oz of powder, like if it was coke it would have been like a gram and a half short of a quarter.

Thebane
09-23-2008, 04:17 PM
i got mine through kratomcats.net, and I used to havethe same problem. I purchased some "15x" that was not powdered, it was still just dry leafmaterial, and i went through the whole bag (15 grams I believe) and got nothing, which is why i'm classifying this as my first actual time using, because the dry leaf material to meiscrap. ALWAYS get powder or resin, i'm gonnA try the resin next time, it's supposed to be pretty high in alkaloid content. And see, pods never got me high at all, and everyone here seems to get their rocks off on pods, my girl got blitzed from them she has the same tolerance as me, but I could never get anything from pods. So there ya go, I would just try some powdered, maybe a 15 or 20x product.

that's the product I would suggest if you've never been high on kratom. And I was assuming 5 grams, it was two heaping tablespoons full, and it looked like a really short quarter oz of powder, like if it was coke it would have been like a gram and a half short of a quarter.

A lot of people say they don't get that high off only extracts/resin. So I'd try them but don't expect a lot. Try mixing them with regular leaf, that supposedly works better than either alone. Personally I think plain powdered bali is the cheapest/best one.

JayTrizzle
09-23-2008, 04:23 PM
yeah that's what i bought, that's what the trip reportwas from last night....not only does it get me off, it keeps me from being sick when I run out of shit too, since the chemicals in it work on your mu-opioid receptors

Ludakris
09-23-2008, 04:55 PM

Like Thebane said, always always mix your extracts with plain or enhanced leaf. Extracts on their own are near worthless and will almost always disappoint when taken on its own. Good, plain, powdered leaf is usually nice all on it's own, and extracts with high alkaloid content help boost the feeling, more often than not, these combination's are used to achieve the same feelings by using less material, not so much to get a more intense high. But I've found that mixing different kinds of plain leaf and a couple extracts can really get you feeling good, experimenting with these combinations can be really rewarding, especially to people like yourself who seem to respond very well to Kratom.

Second, I've spent a lot of time documenting weight vs. Tsp/Tbsp.

1 level tablespoon of finely ground Bali weighs in at 7.5 grams.
1 level teaspoon of finely ground Bali weighs in at 2.5 grams.

Extracts weigh in differently as they are far less dense, the more potent the exract, the fluffier and less dense it becomes. I.E., 1 teaspoon of 15x extract powder generally weighs in a about a gram.

So, 2 heaping tablespoons of finely ground Bali most likely weighed in between 15-20grams, which is a LOT of Bali. Personally, anything over 1 Tbsp, or ~7 grams, of plain Bali will make me feel like shit. It's common to have a sensativity to Bali and in single, high doses I get extremely nauseous and what is often described as "wobbly eyes", almost feeling detached from my eyes, very umpleasant.

I recommend anyone using Bali for the first time limit their initial intake to 5 grams and working up from there. Enhanced leaf has been my favorite as you can usually dose more with less side effects.

JayTrizzle
09-23-2008, 05:16 PM
thatcan't be right then, because the bag was 25 grams, and two heaping spoonfulls ended up being about a third of the bag.

shaunclo
09-23-2008, 05:19 PM
so to get a good Kratom high going it would be roughly 30 bucks. Is that right, cause you said it takes approximately 5 grams. Damn that is pretty expensive and quite dissapointing cause I was gonna order some for myself. Oh well

JayTrizzle
09-23-2008, 05:22 PM
what? no no, the link I put up is enhanced powdered leaf, you odn't have to use as much, my 25 gram bag of premium commercial powdered bali was 9.99, and it took 1/3 of the bag to get two people completely off.

shaunclo
09-23-2008, 05:24 PM
cool, thanx for the update.

I actually tried Kratom not too long ago. I found a bag of this stuff that phyoextracum (sp) sent me years ago and did the whole bag. It was way more pleasant than I was expecting. I actually have been wanting to try another run at this stuff.

ZodiacKiller
09-23-2008, 05:26 PM
The prices at Phytoextractum--which is a site affiliated with our own Opiophile here; you can link to it from the home page---seem to be considerably less than the site Jay used. No offense, Jay. Plus they have several varieties already encapsulated---basically ready to go down the hatch, heh. I think that's what I'm gonna try...

ZK

JayTrizzle
09-23-2008, 05:30 PM
lol no they aren't they are almost the exact same. 25 grams commercial powdered bali was 9.99, on phyto it's 11.99 for 28 grams, although their bulk prices are very nice, I may have to go through them. Kratomcats was just the first site I came across when I yahoo'd kratom lol

ZodiacKiller
09-23-2008, 05:37 PM
^^ Hah, ok, my bad. Sorry...

ZK

bigNasty
09-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Just got my package in the mail, 25 grams powdered premium bali. Me and my girl just took roughly 5 grams about 5 minutes ago, deffinetly going to get empty pill capsules next time, the flavor is ok but the texture of the powder is like fucking mud, worse than poppy tea, sticks to your teeth and throat, so I would parachute powder. Will post periodically throughout the night as effects come (or don't come). Oh, btw, I just found out I have a massive curvature of the spine today, because i went to the er last night, scored a shot of demeral (albeit in the ass not iv) and 40 tramadols. So yeah anyway will post as soon as I feel something.
How was the shot of demerol? I prefer it IV but IM is still good IMO. Do you know what dose it was, and was it mixed with phenergan? I LOVE dem without phenergan mixed in it

Ludakris
thatcan't be right then, because the bag was 25 grams, and two heaping spoonfulls ended up being about a third of the bag.

So are you just using dining utensils to spoon some out of the bag? I assume from this statement that you are not using measuring spoons...I have done at home studies in weight vs. measuring spoons. Using Premium fine ground Bali from 3 different vendors, 3 different sets of tablespoons and teaspoons, and two different digital scales that were calibrated and accurate to 1/100 gram. I have concluded that the conversions I gave above are accurate (I know, I know, I have too much time on my hands).

Anyways, especially with Bali, I would recommend using measuring spoons to be able to standardize your dosing.

I do agree, the first time user who's body chemistry is agreeable with Kratom will find very pronounced effects with good quality Kratom. Hey, if nothing else, the stuff works wonders to keep WD's away...the stuff has saved me more time than I can count.

Oh, and there is a better way to "toss & wash" the stuff. I use a method that keeps me from tasting it 90% of the time.

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the concept: basically you take a small "pre-drink" of whatever liquid your using and suspend it in your mouth with your head slightly tilted (~45 degree angle) using a measuring spoon, scoop a level teaspoon (or half tsp if preferred) and ever so slightly pack it as you scrape excess power while leveling it. Tip the spoon over your mouth and a small clump should fall in your mouth, it should float in the suspended water as a clump and should not dissapate if you did it right. Now give one good swallow and the clump and liquid should go down in one shot, take a "chaser" of the drink you chose to ensure it all washed down.

Hopefully this makes sense as this method keeps you from getting that shitty mud-mouth and is 90% taste free.

Suboxstitute
I've usually only used kratom to keep w/ds at bay when I was using (which it did for me, which is all i wanted). wasn't looking for a high.

I've used several vendors the most recent and CHEAP is Emerald Oasis but it's been a while since I've ordered. IamShaman is expensive as hell but when you need something overnight FAST they deliver fast.

i have gotta believe that whatever they claim or say, they are using the same big bale of hay (that's what I imagine) that is coming into the contry.

At the time I was buying lots of kratom i was a little more flush with cash, so ordered the 15x and some of the extracts and resins, even capsules once when the shit was making me practically PUKE to take it.

I HAVE taken it since i've been on bupe. Bupe does not seem to block it.... Just my experience though YMMV,

sue

Narkotikon
09-23-2008, 08:15 PM
I've tried the stuff a few times (reseins and extracts from Phytoextractum), and while it potentiated the opiate high, it didn't do much--if anything--on it's own. I chalked it up to my tolerance at the time (it was in late 2006). I can see the stuff being good for w/d, but a high? No. I think if you have any kind of tolerance, the stuff would be pretty useless. But, that's just me. Like everything in life, there are variations, and I'm sure it affects some people like pods do me. I'm just not one of them. Plus, I really don't like it when you have to get this stuff from websites (although I must say Phytoextractum was a great website...very professional looking) that make outlandish claims. It's hard to know who and what to trust. How are you guaranteed what your getting is super strong or whatever terms / potencies they use. I also imagine it comes in big bales. If it's legal (although isn't it illegal in certain cities or states or something like that. I'm just talking about the US here), I think it should be sold in head shops / health stores. Maybe it is in some head shops. I don't know. I also think the stuff stinks. It sort of reminds me of catnip or basil.

HandMeSomeOpiates
09-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Like Thebane said, always always mix your extracts with plain or enhanced leaf. Extracts on their own are near worthless and will almost always disappoint when taken on its own. Good, plain, powdered leaf is usually nice all on it's own, and extracts with high alkaloid content help boost the feeling, more often than not, these combination's are used to achieve the same feelings by using less material, not so much to get a more intense high. But I've found that mixing different kinds of plain leaf and a couple extracts can really get you feeling good, experimenting with these combinations can be really rewarding, especially to people like yourself who seem to respond very well to Kratom.

Second, I've spent a lot of time documenting weight vs. Tsp/Tbsp.

1 level tablespoon of finely ground Bali weighs in at 7.5 grams.
1 level teaspoon of finely ground Bali weighs in at 2.5 grams.

Extracts weigh in differently as they are far less dense, the more potent the exract, the fluffier and less dense it becomes. I.E., 1 teaspoon of 15x extract powder generally weighs in a about a gram.

So, 2 heaping tablespoons of finely ground Bali most likely weighed in between 15-20grams, which is a LOT of Bali. Personally, anything over 1 Tbsp, or ~7 grams, of plain Bali will make me feel like shit. It's common to have a sensativity to Bali and in single, high doses I get extremely nauseous and what is often described as "wobbly eyes", almost feeling detached from my eyes, very umpleasant.

I recommend anyone using Bali for the first time limit their initial intake to 5 grams and working up from there. Enhanced leaf has been my favorite as you can usually dose more with less side effects.

What do you think of Enhanced Bali?? I've taken it alone and it works great. You should try it. 3 tsp took all W/D's away and had me in a fairly good mood. Thank God for kratom or I'd be on the couch in a ball sweating and moaning right now.

chemiKalz
09-24-2008, 01:45 AM
Well kratom has its place and all I wouldn't say its better then pods at all, kratom doesnt have that full opiate effect and there is only so much you can take before you get sick.

Ludakris
09-24-2008, 10:49 AM
I've tried the stuff a few times (reseins and extracts from Phytoextractum), and while it potentiated the opiate high, it didn't do much--if anything--on it's own. I chalked it up to my tolerance at the time (it was in late 2006). I can see the stuff being good for w/d, but a high? No. I think if you have any kind of tolerance, the stuff would be pretty useless. But, that's just me. Like everything in life, there are variations, and I'm sure it affects some people like pods do me. I'm just not one of them. Plus, I really don't like it when you have to get this stuff from websites (although I must say Phytoextractum was a great website...very professional looking) that make outlandish claims. It's hard to know who and what to trust. How are you guaranteed what your getting is super strong or whatever terms / potencies they use. I also imagine it comes in big bales. If it's legal (although isn't it illegal in certain cities or states or something like that. I'm just talking about the US here), I think it should be sold in head shops / health stores. Maybe it is in some head shops. I don't know. I also think the stuff stinks. It sort of reminds me of catnip or basil.

There are very many variables when it comes to Kratom, and just like pods/seeds, there's no way to guaranty with consistent quality and finding a really good vendor is key in finding really good Kratom. Yes, there are a lot of web sites out there to get Kratom, but if you do your research, its not hard to find out which ones are good and which ones go to great lengths to try and standarize quality. There are web-vendors out there that do extensive testing, they have test groups that they send samples to in order to get feedback on what batches from what suppliers have the best product. And the web-vendors are absolutely the best way to get the stuff, and most of them offer over night shipping so there is really no problem with getting your product fast. It's really not that hard to find a trust worthy vendor, and I will tell you I have had the absolute, hands down best customer service from these vendors. They do not and will not rip you off and they stand by their products.

The absolute worst thing that could happen to Kratom is for it to be sold in head shops and health stores. Kratom already has the governments attention and the last thing we need is for it to gain even more attention by having it sold locally like that. The less attention drawn to this plant, the better...you see the problems that pods/seeds are having now with the media. Kratom is already illegal in many countries and even a couple states here in the US, and Kratom has been an abolute life saver to me, I may not get blitzed off of it, but it has kept me functioning quite often when I am in between scripts.

What do you think of Enhanced Bali?? I've taken it alone and it works great. You should try it. 3 tsp took all W/D's away and had me in a fairly good mood. Thank God for kratom or I'd be on the couch in a ball sweating and moaning right now.

Actually, Ehanced Bali is my standard product. It is definitely a favorite of mine, though significantly more $$$, its most definitely worth it. When I was only using Kratom, I of course was an every day user and 2 tsp (5 grams) would get me going every time, it was like my tolerance leveled off right there. 2 tsp, 3x day had me golden month after month...now I'm just grateful that it's powerful enough to keep WD's away, pretty much completely when I need to.

Back when the Red Veined Thai was going around, the Enhanced RVT was definitely a favorite, even with a big oxy tolerance, 2 tsp of that would get me going!

JayTrizzle
09-29-2008, 11:48 PM
well, if I could ever get pods that actually get me high at all, then i'd order pods. i'vetried from three different vendors, and once at an "alternative living" store they had some (don't know why but you can buy kratom there too, so...). I've tried EVERYTHING including Somni's recipe from this website and I have never gotten anything remotely near as high as I got from Kratom. It has to be a person to person thing, biochemistry and all, either that or I've just never gotten good pods, or something. I know it isn't because of the way I'm doing it, I've tried powdering them, encapsulating them, and swallowing up to ten whole pods, and got nothing but a bad case of the ultra hard turds. Everyone but me on this site seems to get off on pods, there has to be something I'm doing wrong, because you would think that eating raw opium would get me high...lol, I don't know, I may give them a shot again if I can find the right vendor...as for now, I took a trip to the city and grabbed some 40's and a few 10mg percs, so I'm feeling good atm, anyone got a suggestion on where to order pods that actually work? I'd like to do a comparsison, like, weight by weight, IF I can get pods that are legit.