PDA

View Full Version : Arrest for rigs?

limestoneman
09-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Just a short question: Can you be arrested for having needles without a prescription?

Ron-Doe
09-18-2008, 10:37 AM
i was.....

Poppylvr
09-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Just a short question: Can you be arrested for having needles without a prescription?

YES - "paraphenalia"

Hoss
09-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Here in CA you definitely can.

pharmboy
09-18-2008, 12:03 PM
I suggest developing a B12 deficency or becoming diabetic.

Personally I went the B12 route.

Duckfeet
09-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Yup: One of my first beefs, back in the seventies, was for "possesion of hypodermics", or something like that...but even thirty years later, trying to get into canada, it was still on their fucking database..."only a misdemeanor" I cried, but I forgot: normal people don't really care about the differences between misdemeanors and felonies haha: only junkies and cops, apparently ;-)

duper
10-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Yup: One of my first beefs, back in the seventies, was for "possesion of hypodermics", or something like that...but even thirty years later, trying to get into canada, it was still on their fucking database..."only a misdemeanor" I cried, but I forgot: normal people don't really care about the differences between misdemeanors and felonies haha: only junkies and cops, apparently ;-)

So what was the rest of the story? Did you end up getting into Canada or not? :o

Indy
10-15-2008, 12:32 AM
So what was the rest of the story? Did you end up getting into Canada or not? :o

I don't mean to speak in place of duckfeet, and i'm sure he'll tell you the rest of the story anyways when he reads this topic again, but no, he didn't. He's told the story a few times (old guys....they just can't shut up!:p) and if this is the same time he was talking about, he went up there to try the heroin maintenance program, but got turned back at the border.

shaunclo
10-15-2008, 03:15 PM
I don't mean to speak in place of duckfeet, and i'm sure he'll tell you the rest of the story anyways when he reads this topic again, but no, he didn't. He's told the story a few times (old guys....they just can't shut up!:p) and if this is the same time he was talking about, he went up there to try the heroin maintenance program, but got turned back at the border.

Well for not wanting to speak in DF's place, you most definitely did a fabuluos job there.

OxyContinuously
10-15-2008, 03:24 PM
on needles: in NY it's legal to buy them OTC,, and if you're caught and they are still in the plastic they come in from the manufacturer, then it's nothing

BUT, if you're caught and they're open, in NY at least I believe that's a drug paraphernalia charge..

i think an open needle w. no residue is a misdemeanor (just considered paraphernalia) but if it comes back from the lab w/ any kind of drug residue,, I believe it's a felony

and if there's spoons and cottons too,, hang it up--> u have D or E felony

robojunkie
10-15-2008, 03:31 PM
on needles: in NY it's legal to buy them OTC,, and if you're caught and they are still in the plastic they come in from the manufacturer, then it's nothing

BUT, if you're caught and they're open, in NY at least I believe that's a drug paraphernalia charge..

i think an open needle w. no residue is a misdemeanor (just considered paraphernalia) but if it comes back from the lab w/ any kind of drug residue,, I believe it's a felony

and if there's spoons and cottons too,, hang it up--> u have D or E felony

Yeah, that's how it is here in NH, but in MA they don't give a shit. In NH the pharmacist can choose to sell or not, in MA every pharm has to sell, and there are NE's.

lolleedee
10-15-2008, 04:27 PM
In New Jersey it is definitely "paraphernalia"!

bigNasty
10-15-2008, 04:44 PM
in my state i think they CAN get you for paraphenalia but I know a girl that had one on her when she was arrested and they never charged her for it. And you can buy them OTC here as well but some pharmacies ask for an insulin script and some pharmacies ask you to sign a piece of paper and put your address but thats no big deal if you just put a fake name and addy

SurfRat
10-15-2008, 05:10 PM
At the NE here in SD they give you a card, which I think protects you within the city of SD if they are unopened but beyond that I only know that I don't want to have to explain them to anybody.

cactus31
10-18-2008, 12:21 AM
A long time ago, I was pulled over for having a hole in my muffler. The cop asked me to open my glovebox, and I had ONE needle/syringe combo in there, unopened. I don't use IV drugs, I got it from my mom (nurse) to use to remove a monster sliver in my foot. Better a clean, new needle than a nasty knife or something , huh?

Anyhow, the cop asked me if I shot up!!

He obviously didn't know shit, that fuckin thing was 10cc, 21G1.

EDIT: Oh, sorry...topic and all: I'm not sure about here in oregon. There are needle exchanges downtown, so I don't think it's illegal to have a needle. I don't know anything about that, though.

Hoss
10-18-2008, 01:23 AM
EDIT: Oh, sorry...topic and all: I'm not sure about here in oregon. There are needle exchanges downtown, so I don't think it's illegal to have a needle. I don't know anything about that, though.

Indeedlie do - still can be a no-no to the po-po's. Sounds like ya got lucky on your pull over story chum!

cactus31
10-18-2008, 12:30 PM
^

He kinda acted like he didn't care, I think he was trying to give me shit. He didn't give me a ticket, either ;)

He said (twice) "I bet your neighbors hate you!", since that hole was making my exhaust so damn loud.

Anyhow, I think you are correct, I think you can be written up and possibly arrested for paraphenalia.

george123
10-18-2008, 01:03 PM
In San Francisco within a block of any needle exchange a cop cannot cite you for having up to 20 syringes

darkstar
10-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Was arrested in providence, rhode island with two empty baggies and a bent needle. The cops didn't believe me when I said I bought the syringes in CT and they sell them over the counter. They kept me over night, but had to let me go in the morning because since the needle was bent and "inoperable" they had nothing to charge me with. Apparantly in rhode island, needles are a felony charge, at least that's what those knuckle head cops told me. So who knows if that's the truth.

monkeyphunk
11-11-2008, 11:52 AM
actually depends where in ca you are and how you have them packaged ... look into senate bill 1159

monkeyphunk
11-11-2008, 11:57 AM
A long time ago, I was pulled over for having a hole in my muffler. The cop asked me to open my glovebox, and I had ONE needle/syringe combo in there, unopened. I don't use IV drugs, I got it from my mom (nurse) to use to remove a monster sliver in my foot. Better a clean, new needle than a nasty knife or something , huh?

Anyhow, the cop asked me if I shot up!!

He obviously didn't know shit, that fuckin thing was 10cc, 21G1.

just cause there is a needle exchange doesnt make it legal many needle exchanges operate illegally as the govt doesnt look out for the health intrests of their citizens

repeek
11-11-2008, 01:27 PM
In Texas if it is new, no problem, if inoperable, no problem..............but once the seal is broken it is a misdemeanor if it is clean, if there is residue it is a felony.

But it is easy to make one inoperable, just break off the needle................and if you say your HIV positive they will not look for it.

Claiming HIV positive in Texas is usually a no search pullover.

blutuesday
11-12-2008, 05:55 PM
In St. Louis you can buy them OTC anywhere, also you can buy singles at most places.

If you are caught with any, it is usually a paraphenalia citation, at that, even if it is used. You rarely go to jail. This is in the city.

Unless the cop is a total asshole, the "I got picked on in high school and I am a fat ugly bitch that has a wife that wears the pants at home" then they will rarely take you to jail even for possessing a small amount of dope.

Now, if you are in the wealthy rich st louis country, I don't know. You probably would go to jail for breathing wrong.

simfromstoke
11-12-2008, 06:13 PM
seriosly? people get arrested over there for having pins on them? why not go the whole nine yards and arrest everyone with rizzlas, filters, vinegar, lemon juice, spoons, plastic bags, foil or anything else that gets used in a daily habit?
thats just plain OTT. coppers over there cant be very busy if they got time to book people in if they catch em with pins on them..

pdxninja
12-20-2008, 02:35 AM
whats fucked up about oregon though, you can get introuble if you get caught w dirty rigs on your way to dropping them off at the needle exchange. but once you get there you are okay.

poonwhalla
12-20-2008, 04:48 AM
In New Jersey it is definitely "paraphernalia"!

Could be in the package, and for your diabetic friend and they will still consider it Paraphernalia. I love this state but its the people's republic of Jersey.

Duckfeet
12-20-2008, 10:57 AM
The needle xchange gives u a little i.d., and u r supposed to show it to a cop, and u have to "on your way" to the needle xchange--or on ur way home--blah blah blah--and yeah, it was--and still is--one of those busts they use to "hold you" and check you out for other shit...misdemanor, out here in Calif, anyway...and yeah, like I said earlier: these busts stay with you now...online databases have changed everything...and it's not getting better...the Veteran's Administration already has a nationwide database, so, if--for example-you get on the free methadone program here in Calif...you get all signed up as a "drug user" and you can blow off any good opies ever, at any V.A. facility nationwide...which is paid for my own methadone until I went broke...

The reason I bring *that* up, in a "rig" thread, is I forsee the same thing happening...we'll all be registered "nationwide" on a database, in xchange for "compassionate" buying of rigs, and the ability to use methadone clinics, treatment centers, whatever...but what really happens, is, the docs will be able to *access* this database, and just more our rights will be eroded, destroyed...may sound like paranoia: not if you've been around a while...

So, again, I feel eventually we will be able to go to pharmacy and buy syringes legally...but that we will also be registered on a nationwide database...no free lunch...

chinaski
12-20-2008, 11:36 AM
thats just plain OTT. coppers over there cant be very busy if they got time to book people in if they catch em with pins on them..

They're pretty busy (at least according to all the overtime they claim)... it's just that their priorities are totally skewed due to the war on drugs... they probably WOULD hold you if you had a clean bent spoon and some clean cotton balls... just to see what they might come up with... but at the end of the day it depends on the cop and the location and your attitude/demeanor... it's a bit of a crap shoot... just try not to be obvious about it!

-- chinaski

bigfootlives
12-30-2008, 12:00 AM
This thread makes me glad I live in Canada, where I can just walk into any pharmacy and purchase syringes with no questions asked.

simfromstoke
12-30-2008, 12:02 AM
just a short answer.. not in fuckin england

Raz
12-30-2008, 02:17 AM
The more i read about America the more it makes me disheartened.....Either join the programme and become an asshole or stay the little man and get fucked over....

Tbird921
02-06-2009, 03:55 PM
i was.....
me too.