PDA

View Full Version : demerol iv

bored in sofl
08-27-2008, 11:57 PM
I've never had demerol and might have some soon. I'm going to Iv and was wondering what it would compare to. Right now my tolerance is low I would be happy with Iv'ing a roxy 30 right now so how much dem should I use

Papa Verine
08-28-2008, 12:26 AM
It's a good thing you have a low tolerance right now... Demerol isn't the best opioid out there but IV is definately the way to go. I hope somebody else can chime in with dosages because I'm not 100% sure but I think when I was shooting it I did 50-100mg at a time. This was a long time ago. I do remember it didn't last too long...

bored in sofl
08-28-2008, 12:32 AM
^^^Back in july I needed 90 mg of roxi to get right but I have cleaned up since then and am just chippin for now. Hey papa r u a cubs or sox fan. go cubbies

Papa Verine
08-28-2008, 12:44 AM
^^^Back in july I needed 90 mg of roxi to get right but I have cleaned up since then and am just chippin for now. Hey papa r u a cubs or sox fan. go cubbies

My whole family are big Cubs fans, but I never got into Baseball too much. I'm a BEARS fan! I just can't fuckin stand Lovie Smith or Rex Grossman. I hope they both get axed this year.

bored in sofl
08-28-2008, 01:00 AM
^^^I live for the bears. I hate when I nodd off during a game. I don't mind lovie that much I just wish he would adjust more when it's obvious the game plan isn't working ( superbowl/defense) I think if rex would step up in the pocket and be more moblie he would be alright but I support who ever they put on the field. Were the fuck are the demerol users

pharmboy
08-28-2008, 01:08 AM
150 mg would be the about right. I would start with 100 mg and

go from there.

Papa Verine
08-28-2008, 01:09 AM
150 mg would be the about right. I would start with 100 mg and

go from there.

^^^ there's one!

bored in sofl
08-28-2008, 01:22 AM
thanks for the info. is the buzz simular to morphine or an oxy type high

pharmboy
08-28-2008, 02:03 AM
The buzz is a buzz of its own, Verrrrry verrrrrry nice, Very sedative, Pink

cloud stuff. More like heroin.

Boudica
08-28-2008, 10:14 AM
I was first introduced to the dem, as I now have "pet named" this drug, at the age of 17, when nice nursies came 'round after I gave birth via c-section to me baby girl. It was for post op pain, which, was bad, btw, but lordy, lordy was I a happy lass! That, me dears, was my first initiation into opiates and all that they imply. I fell in love with dem then, and I still love it now, and no, you do not get to know how many years ago that was.

I started looking forward to sugery. Lemme see, 2 c-section babies, and, 3 more which I won't disclose here, not important. What IS important, is that the Dr.s in that hospital used the dem, for all my post ops, and I loved the hospital back then. It is a grand pain control med, and the feeling it gives is one all it's own. It is a floaty, happy place, where all the world takes on a luvly glow, and all is right and well. Nothin, and I mean nothin' will bother me a'tall when I am full of dem.

How, having been forced onto pain management due to nasty illness, which, of course leads to the "icky tolerance syndrome", I used to just get tears, for the want of some dem. Just to be able to "feel" that way, for a while, is heaven when your opiate pain meds don't do squat, 'cept for help with the pain, and that's not always a given. I stumbled upon great good fortune in the dem dept, quite by accident a couple of years ago, and supplicated meself to every fookin' god and goddess I could think of, and I do know a lot of them personally, given my trade. It's still the same, absolute floatiest of the synthetic opi's in my book, and I can get very, very happy on 150 mgs.

Now, a word to the wise, do NOT start with 100-150mgs, if you do not have any tolerance at all. Unless you are in severe pain, that is a hefty dose. I have quite the tolerance issue, and 150 mgs knocks even me, yes even me, on me arse. However, I do like it there. The other thingy with dem that one should be cautious of, is that it is hard on the body. You do not want to make it a habit, but rather, a "medication vacation" as I fondly call it. New to it, start with 50-75mgs. wait for 15-20 mins, and you will know without a doubt if it's enough for ya. If not, go up to 100, then 150 if you are a big fella or lass and when that soft, warm blanket starts coverin' ya from feet, sloooowly up to your chest, where it just warms your insides incredibly nice, then it just spreads from there, to your head and all the way to your lil fingertips.

So, there's your dose, for a starter, and that is from my personal experiences with this peachy keen med, to which I still lean toward from time to time. Please, do take heed to the intitial first 15 min. b/c that is when if it is going to cause any problems, like breathing difficulty, which it has been known to do in some folks, it will manifest within that timeframe, and you can do something about it. Like call 911, or ride it out. You'll know what to do. Just be careful, and enjoy.

'Scuse me, I.......I need to go...;uh......find something..................plop

Brony
08-28-2008, 05:37 PM
I've never had demerol and might have some soon. I'm going to Iv and was wondering what it would compare to. Right now my tolerance is low I would be happy with Iv'ing a roxy 30 right now so how much dem should I use

This is from the net:
Adults. The usual dosage is 50 mg to 150 mg intramuscularly or subcutaneously every 3 or 4 hours as necessary. Elderly patients should usually be given meperidine at the lower end of the dose range and observed closely.

I can't remember where I read it, but I'm pretty sure that Demerol should not be used intravenously if possible. I wanna say that it had something to do with causing a reaction at the injection site and/or being painful as hell.

bored in sofl
08-28-2008, 06:30 PM
This is from the net:

I can't remember where I read it, but I'm pretty sure that Demerol should not be used intravenously if possible. I wanna say that it had something to do with causing a reaction at the injection site and/or being painful as hell.
your raining on my parade. I'm not sure if I can get it yet. The person might get oxy instead. I asked about the demerol cause she was prescribed it before thanks everyone

samsong
08-28-2008, 07:28 PM
If they are the meperidine capsules with powder they are weak if taken orally and cannot be insufllated as they will burn the living shit out of your sinuses--found out the hard way. I have never iv'd the capsules so hopefully someone can add their opinions for you. Do you know if they are capsules or amps that you may get? The capsules aren't prescribed that much anymore but I do have female neighbor that got them years ago fom her doctor which is how I came by a few of them.

rockbottom
08-28-2008, 07:33 PM
i usedto get dem from a cancer pt.. ican't remember the dose i used to use but i liked it alot one of thefew opiates that didn'tmake me itch

bored in sofl
08-28-2008, 07:47 PM
I think they were capsules I'm not sure. There my mothers and she had them a few months ago I know she don't Iv so I'm sure they were some kind of pill. I won't know till next week. I'm just hoping she gets something good. And just to let everybody know I don't steal her pills she usually gives me one or two when ever she gets a script. Either way I will get something next week my aflac check is on it's way:D

Suboxstitute
08-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Geez, I just wrote this long-ass post about Demerol ,why I had it, the dosage s) I was given (and the floaty feeling from having it IV in the hospital a week prior to back surgery when the oral meds stopped working) .....then I remembered - DUH - that it was Dilaudid I was remembering. ... wouldn't mind re-living that evening, esp after being in excruciating pain for about 48 hours, it was such sweet relief.

Had to post SOMETHING after all that work!

Good luck and start lower than 100! That much I DO know.

bored in sofl
08-28-2008, 08:07 PM
If she comes home with dilly's I'll shit my pant's. All I can do is pray to the opi gods. I'll start the dem at 101mg:)

reddragon3668
08-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Like Boudica, my first demerol experience was in the hospital, IV. It was an amazing experience. I broke my ankle in a basketball game in high school and they hit me up as soon as I got to the hospital. I was in heaven. One thing I remember about it though is that it made me sweat like a hog. In fact, everytime I've gotten it in the hospital it made me sweat real bad. Its been a long time since I've had it and I doubt it would do me any good now, but in the early days of my opiate experience, I was in love with it. When I first hurt my back the doctor put me on demerol (orally, 100mg every 6 hours) and valium. It was a decent combo but I didn't have any kind of tolerance back then.

I'd say 100mg to start with, but you might want to do a bit of reasearch before you do it. Shooting pills is never a good idea, if that's in fact the form your gettin it in, but it seems like I remember something being said about there being something in the binder of the pill that's not kewl to shoot. Make sure you check that out if you working with the pills.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

me

bored in sofl
08-28-2008, 09:10 PM
the only pill I havn't shot is dem. I have never came acroos it yet. but yeah I'll keep it under a 100mg. In july I was able to bang 90mg of roxi but it's been awhile. When ever my tolerance gets where it costs me over $50 per shot I clean out for awhile

Raisin
08-28-2008, 10:41 PM
I've had it while hospitalized and I loved it. I was there because of a large kidney stone and could barely walk when I got there. After they gave me toradol, morphine and finally a shot of meperidine, they had to come looking for me because I decided to take my IV saline bag for a little walk around the hospital.

My mom has been a nurse for years and was addicted to morphine for a while years ago so I can talk to her candidly about drugs. She told me that they used to give it (demerol) a lot more frequently in the past but a lot of hospitals cut back because of some of the side effects. Apparently some people get really loopy from it and some of them insist on trying to get up and walk around which isn't a good idea when you've gotten all busted up and should be laying down.

Since getting more into pharms in the last few years I've always wanted to come across some just to see how it stacks up to everything else but haven't been so lucky.

I used to hang wallpaper with my stepdad when I was 17-19 and when you're doing a bathroom it's easier to just take the medicine cabinet off the wall than to work around it. Bathrooms were always my job and I moved plenty of bottles in my day but back then the extent of my knowledge of pills was basic:hydro, codeine, anything with "perc" in it and the few benzos I knew about so I'm sure I missed out on quite a few goodies but a handful of codeine sure would help me whistle while I worked.

I hope your connect comes through with the goods so we can hear how it went. Good luck.

pharmboy
08-28-2008, 11:39 PM
Demerol wouldn't be worth it by mouth 150 mg IM = 400 mg Oral.

By the way thats Demerol in that syringe below.

Narkotikon
08-29-2008, 11:33 PM
I've only done it once, and that was oral (150mg) when I had a very very low tolerance (could nod off on 30mg of hydrocodone). I'd say it was sedating, more more stimulating than morphine. But, like I said, I've never IV'd it (although I know that's the best way to do it if you have a tolerance). I guess from that one time, it was sort of like a cross between an oxy and a morphine high IMO. Sedating, but also stimulating, sort of in between morphine and oxy in that respect, whereas morphine is very sedating IMO, and oxy is very stimulating IMO. It also doesn't last as long, about 3 hours, probably shorter IV'd. I'm pretty sure it can be IV'd, because I think I've read it before, and also because my sister is a nurse at Children's and she said that they often give it to kids after surgery IV for post-operative pain, either that or morphine and sometimes fent, especially cancer pain.

If your tolerance is low, and you're not sure, I'd say start out low (50-100mg and work your way up), and if you're still in doubt, use a narcotic calculator and compare it to an oral dose of oxy (since oxy won't be listed as IV use, whereas Demerol will be listed from oral and IV/IM).

Also, I've never seen caps. I had very small white pills, 50mg each. I think they also make a 100mg pill too that looks similar, but is a little bit bigger. It was basically a small white rectangle with rounded off ends, sort of looked like a small white barrel, or Brand name Wellbutrin if anyone knows what those look like.

bored in sofl
08-30-2008, 01:00 AM
she went to the doc and he only gave her lortab 10's. He started her off on demerol 50's then went to perc 5's, lortab 7.5's now she is back up to 10's. The doc told her if that doesn't cut it that he will put her on something stronger. I'm sure it will be perc 10's maybe roxi 15's. I was excited trying the dem I've had everything else I'ved from h,oxy,morph,dilly,opana and I've even banged one of those fentora tabs( I know that was stupid but I survived). I'm still missing that demoral in my resume.

IceCold
09-09-2008, 12:12 PM
I have access to 100mg amps of demerol what would this dosage compare to as far as other opiates IV?

bored in sofl
09-09-2008, 12:19 PM
I never got the dem. I wish my mom would learn how to hustle the doc. she got em before wtf

mrnatural
09-09-2008, 12:34 PM
One of the first opiates I used in pill form (and I think it's still out there) was Mepergan fortis. My tolerance was non-existent and I could feel the warm fuzzies from one pill at 50mg meperidine mixed with the fortis part which was some mg of phenergan. I was told the phenergan potentiates the demerol, but it might be added to cut down on nausea. First injected was in 1984 (with phenergan and intramuscular) at 100 mgs for my 1st kidney stone, and it was immediate relief. Wish I could still feel that good whenever I use whatever. Maybe you'll run across some soon. I hear it used to be the choice for a lot of Hollywood types like Judy Garland, Eddie Fisher, etc. Reportedly the withdrawals aren't as severe as with other stuff.

Pantopon Pete
09-09-2008, 02:09 PM
This is from the net:

I gotta agree with brony here... I've always heard that dem was a big no-no IV'ed.... I've never done it, but I've always thought demerol was the wackest of the wack opies: dem, darvocet, hydro- you know, the opies that I might pass on even if offered to me free.

Poppylvr
09-09-2008, 02:14 PM
I think they were capsules I'm not sure. There my mothers and she had them a few months ago I know she don't Iv so I'm sure they were some kind of pill. I won't know till next week. I'm just hoping she gets something good. And just to let everybody know I don't steal her pills she usually gives me one or two when ever she gets a script. Either way I will get something next week my aflac check is on it's way:D
Hey bored: My experience with Demerol is exactly the opposite of Boudica's.
I was given it after childbirth, twice, and it might has well have been water. I felt nothing - no buzz, no high, and no pain relief. I was given 2 perc 5's and had not only excellent pain control but a lovely high (oxycodone is my DOC).
I chalked that up to maybe the nurse had used it instead, and years later during my drug stealing days in the hospital, I tried demerol twice. I IV'd 200 mg at a whack, and again, got NOTHING...Very strange. This during a time when I was IVing about 20 mg morphine 4 times a day.
So, ya never know. I apparently have no Demerol receptors!

Fungi_x
03-09-2009, 02:39 PM
So this thread still leaves me hanging. I might be getting some Demerol today and want to IV it. Any help? Info? Insight?

Deadfiend
03-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Demerol is not prescribed that much anymore, not like it use to be,like another poster said it's because of the side effects,(i.e. seizures, delirium, other neuropsychological effects), I really always loved its cocaine-like stimulant effects in addition to its typical opioid effects its a like like a speed ball all wrapped up in one pill,takeing it i.V. is a hard core rush but the down side is you come down fast, very fact and hard, and if you keep mainlining over and over YOU WILL end up having a seizure.

From a site I found that migh make you think about it more before trying it.

pethidine has been shown to be less effective than morphine, diamorphine or hydromorphone at easing severe pain, or pain associated with movement or coughing.[/URL] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pethidine#cite_note-Latta-5)[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pethidine#cite_note-psrs-9"] Like other opioid drugs, pethidine has the potential to cause physical dependence or addiction. In fact, pethidine may be more addictive than other opioids because of its exceptionally rapid onset of action and associated "rush", and additional activity as a monoamine transporter inhibitor, which results in cocaine-like stimulant effects in addition to its typical opioid effects. When compared with oxycodone, hydromorphone, and placebo, pethidine was consistently associated with more euphoria, difficulty concentrating, confusion, and impaired psychomotor and cognitive performance when administered to healthy volunteers. The especially severe side effects unique to pethidine among opioids — serotonin syndrome, seizures, delirium, dysphoria, tremor — are primarily or entirely due to the action of its metabolite, norpethidine.

Fungi_x
03-09-2009, 04:11 PM
If I get it it's prolly going to be a one time thing so shooting over and over is not a worry. But from what I have read in this thread, these pills may not be safe to IV.

Question is, crush cook, cotton, draw, inject?

Boudica
03-19-2009, 09:10 AM
If I get it it's prolly going to be a one time thing so shooting over and over is not a worry. But from what I have read in this thread, these pills may not be safe to IV.

Question is, crush cook, cotton, draw, inject?

I gotta tell ya, mate, that swim tried that more than a few times, and it's wasted dope. Damn good dope, too, so just eat/snort and enjoy. You'll still lay upon that luvly, floaty pink cloud for several hours, and hey, there just ain't a darn thing "wasteful" about that, imo.

Uncle Wiggly
03-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Sorry to go OT. Boudica you're a sight for sore eyes. It's nice to see you back. :)

Boudica
03-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Sorry to go OT. Boudica you're a sight for sore eyes. It's nice to see you back. :)

Missed dem Bones o' yours, too, Mister.

shotty
03-19-2009, 10:34 AM
I always get Demerol IV before surgery and I think it's 50-100mg, but it's a great high and I get real chatty but then pass out really fast.

skabbo
03-19-2009, 05:47 PM
I've related my hospital/demerol story many times before, but suffice to say, IM demerol is amazing. They switched me to IV morphine after surgery, and after a few hours I asked to be switched back to IM demerol, it was that good. Fantastic rush (even without IVing), super "glowy" nod, and a pleasant-but-not-excessive histamine effect (itching, warmth). Like many others ITT, it was before I had the tolerance I have today (I was on about 15mg of Oxy a day back then), and 75mg IM put me flat on my ass, every 3 hours, for 2 weeks.

MissingOxy
05-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Demerol is the first drug I IV'd. We're talking the early 1980's and I had a dentist that prescribed them. The posts above are right about the wonderful feeling - but I don't know how they'd be if you're already tolerant to actual opiates. Here's some tips to the inexperienced:

NEVER miss with your shot! It will burn like fire (that kind of spoils your buzz, doesn't it?)
Oral administration sucks - as noted above, there's a large difference between oral and IV potency.
Don't make it a long-term habit. The history of meperidine will tell you why...

Demerol was originally synthesized by the Germans in World War II, because the Allies had cut off the opium supplies to the Germans. When you have war, you have wounded, who need pain medication. Demerol was used as an opiate replacement. But there was a surprise waiting to happen...

Demerol itself is an active chemical (meperidine) with analgesic & other effects. Its metabolite (normeperidine) is active as well, but with less analgesic effect and more side effects. They include paranoia and altered mental reasoning - call it whacko. Demerol is metabolized faster than the normeperidine metabolite - so the longer you take Demerol, the more of the undesired metabolite accumulates. That is why Demerol is for for short-term pain relief and NEVER long-term pain management. It is reputed that Adolph Hitler used Demerol long-term, and at least contributed to his irrational military orders toward the end of the war.

So, IV the Demerol, don't miss the vein, and enjoy it for a little while.

Also, regarding the aforementioned Mepergan, they were big maroon capsules with Demerol and Phenergan. Probably the best high I've ever had - but even worse to IV. The pH of the solution is BAD for tissue and if it leaks out around the needle you will be sorry! I have a vein on my elbow what cannot be used for drawing blood; it feels like it's there, but nothing comes out. Mepergan is the reason.

This thread brought back knowledge from >20 years ago. I guess I didn't forget.

MissingOxy

sigprn
05-06-2009, 02:42 PM
75mg iv to start. Go up from there in 25mg dosage. Its a completely different buzz. If your high you will be floating.