PDA

View Full Version : OTC in mexico.. temgesic

orchidfanatic
03-27-2006, 10:36 AM
I saw this was OTC in mexico.. what does it do? can it be used only by injection?

psychotiKK
04-01-2006, 08:53 PM
No one can be positive without seeing it first. Temgesic is made in an injectible and sublingual form, but in much smaller amounts then subutex or suboxone. Somewhere around 0.1mg pill - 0.4mg ?? I've never heard of temgesic having anything over 1mg. I THINK the reason that temgesics are way below subutex or suboxone in milligrams because it is mostly known for injecting and/or used as a mild anesthetic. Suboxone is the most popular form of bupe for opiate detox and maintainance for opiate addiction. I am prescribed to take two 8mg sublingual suboxones a day. In the begining I got a little high off the stuff for awhile.. but it goes away fast. It's still nice to have though. If I smoke weed on it I get really euphoric and notice it alot more than if I hadn't taken any. The feeling is similar to morphine and weed, except with bupe it's less euphoric, less intense, and less sedating. I will not get a real "high" on suboxone alone anymore, no matter how much I take. Sometimes less can be better, and sometimes it's not. When I first got on it i didnt have anything for 8 days, which was the last day I had pod tea. 4mg gave me a nice opiate high and even made me nod out. I would've called it euphoric then.. i loved it. When I jumped up to 8mg I was nodding pretty hard by night, but some during the day. Less then a week the nodding went away and during the third week I started to experience no real euphoria.

caesee
04-01-2006, 09:29 PM
I was in tj yesterday and they had .2 temgesic 30 tabs for $100

psychotiKK
04-01-2006, 10:08 PM
.02mg ?? Don't you mean .2mg??

caesee
04-01-2006, 10:10 PM
.02mg ?? Don't you mean .2mg??

my bad edited the post, thats what I ment.....thanks for the catch

Dr.Poop
04-01-2006, 10:41 PM
I would like to know: does Temgesic only contain buprenorphine or is it a bupe/naloxone mixture?

ontario_opiophile
04-02-2006, 03:28 AM
Temgesic only contains Buprenorphine. And I actually think the doses are .02 mg. Call me crazy but I could have sworn they were 200micrograms each. Not 2 mg. I may be wrong but I always thought they were 200microgram dose pills. Not 2mg, but who knows maybe i'm wrong you should check though before you buy any. It's for pain use that Temgesic injection stuff so they use very low doses since it's so potent. It's almost as potent as Fentanyl. But not as good because of it's ceiling effect. 200mcg of injected Buprenorphine would probably get an opiate naive person high. I could be totally wrong and i'm willing to look like an idiot but check out the doseso n the internet and see what doses they make them in so you dont go buying 30 Temgesics at a 200 microgram dose for 100$ unless your opiate naive and rich. Cuz thats only like, well.

It's 5 pills per 1mg. So do the math. Thats only 6mg of buprenorphine for like 100$ if my dose estimate is right so thats a rip you could buy a bunch of H for that much or some codeine for like 5$ lol

Dr.Poop
04-02-2006, 09:34 AM
It is .2mg/200ug per pill, I checked.

jacky
04-02-2006, 11:11 AM
200 microgram ampules of buprenorphine were the first form of the drug that I tried. I was moderately dope sick when I shot the first one.]
tinny rush, almost a stimulant type of feeling after injection ......................and then, relief, followed by euphoria after shooting 2 more.

it was nice.

after a few days though that 200 micrograms was nothing.

ontario_opiophile
04-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Yah I thought it was 200mcg. So it would be way too expensive if you buy 30 of those for 100$ unless you have no tolerance at all. Then it might be somewhat decent for a while. But it's probably better to just buy some valium and codeine. If i had 100$ and didnt have a huge habit I would probably buy it.

Somni Divine
05-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Temgesic only contains Buprenorphine. And I actually think the doses are .02 mg. Call me crazy but I could have sworn they were 200micrograms each. Not 2 mg. I may be wrong but I always thought they were 200microgram dose pills. Not 2mg, but who knows maybe i'm wrong you should check though before you buy any. It's for pain use that Temgesic injection stuff so they use very low doses since it's so potent. It's almost as potent as Fentanyl. But not as good because of it's ceiling effect. 200mcg of injected Buprenorphine would probably get an opiate naive person high. I could be totally wrong and i'm willing to look like an idiot but check out the doseso n the internet and see what doses they make them in so you dont go buying 30 Temgesics at a 200 microgram dose for 100$ unless your opiate naive and rich. Cuz thats only like, well.

It's 5 pills per 1mg. So do the math. Thats only 6mg of buprenorphine for like 100$ if my dose estimate is right so thats a rip you could buy a bunch of H for that much or some codeine for like 5$ lol
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ooops, I don't think I am formatiing this right, but ALL BUPRENORPHINE has NARCAN in it. I just read that it least, whcih I suppose doesn't make it true, but here is the website. just in case someone wonders where I am coming up with this info:
http://www.opiates.com/opiates/suboxone-buprenorphine-addiction-detox.html
Is that NOT true??
I want to know too, not trying to be a jerk or anything.
Somni

Sitar
06-27-2006, 09:04 PM
No, there is no Narcan in Buprenorphine!! NONE!

Buprenorphine is available as these drugs:

Temgesic
Buprenex
Subutex
Suboxone

and I think there may be a couple more. The ONLY one of these Buprenorphine formulations that has Naloxone (Narcan) in it is Suboxone. That's it. But the Naloxone will essentially not be absorbed by the user unless the Suboxone is used intravenously.

Sitar
06-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Somni D, this is what your link says:

"Suboxone (Buprenorphine) is a semi-synthetic narcotic; Suboxone is a sublingual formulation that is a combination of Buprenorphine and Narcan. Suboxone cannot be injected, because the Narcan component causes instant opiate withdrawal. In this form (taken sublingually) the Buprenorphine is absorbed through the mucus membrane, while the Narcan is not."

The bold statement up there is where you're getting confused. Buprenorphine and Narcan are two totally seperate entities.

HistoryofMadness
06-28-2006, 12:36 AM
No, there is no Narcan in Buprenorphine!! NONE!

Buprenorphine is available as these drugs:

Temgesic
Buprenex
Subutex
Suboxone

and I think there may be a couple more. The ONLY one of these Buprenorphine formulations that has Naloxone (Narcan) in it is Suboxone. That's it. But the Naloxone will essentially not be absorbed by the user unless the Suboxone is used intravenously.

True, subs are the only ones with naloxone... but bupe is an agonist/antagonist, so it can precipitate WD...