PDA

View Full Version : Neurontin, the wonder drug

insanesteveo
03-17-2006, 07:12 PM
i dont know how many of you have heard or taken neurontin, as im new here. but i have been taking it randomly for about a year now(i believe, between smoking and some of the benzos i take, im losing my memory). well it just seems to give me a nice stimulant rush, makes me happy, more talkative, and just plain fun. my normal self seems to go between being an alright happy, sometimes crazy, to bsolutely depressed. this is my wonder drug.

it also is a great drug to take while drinking, dont know how safe it is, but ive taken some and continued to drinka 12 pack. no bad side effects at all.

so what about it folks? anyone wanna share?

-steve

paperrabbit
03-17-2006, 09:03 PM
I've tried it before, but really didn't get anything from it. I had a little bit of the antsy - excitedness, but that could have just been placebo.
But you're a lucky one, enjoy it!

insanesteveo
03-17-2006, 09:15 PM
I've tried it before, but really didn't get anything from it. I had a little bit of the antsy - excitedness, but that could have just been placebo.
But you're a lucky one, enjoy it!

may i ask how much you took? also it takes 2 hours to kick in, which is just crazy, but in my opinion well worth the wait. also works very well with benzos.

marblehead
03-17-2006, 09:45 PM
My mother (alcholic, pill head) got clean just because she screwed herself up so much, she couldn't get to the store anymore had a scrip of the stuff. She said she told her doc's about her condition, but she had diabetic neurothapy, so they gave her neurontin. I would take her to the store to pick up her meds.She didn't have ins so she would get 1/2 scrip. It must have been an act,she would pretend she coulden't walk w/o the neurotin.I don't know if she was faking crawling around moaning about her legs being numb and said the neurotin was the only thing that would help. She said the doc's and pharm people said the stuff woulden't give her a buzz.Naturally I would feel sorry for her and give her the money and take her to get her stuff. I kind of suspected I was being conned by old mom again when as soon as she got into the car she was opening the bottle downing 6 pills even before we pulled out of the parking spot. Other people have offered me the stuff but thinking of her turned me off the stuff.At one time she had a scrip of darvocet and would eat a doz at a time and drink. You woulden't believe the amounts of drugs/alcohol she would put down,and is still alive(70 and counting) I think she is still alive just to torture my soul.

blahblahblah
03-17-2006, 10:42 PM
People talk so much about Neurontin being a wonder drug I have been taking it for about 6 months. At first I was taking low doses 300-500mg a day. Never really noticed much it kinda works in the background with all my other meds to help reduce my anxiety. Recently we doubled up my dosage and I am taking 1.2 grams a day. Which I have definetly noticed a bit more anxiety relief. I have never got anything close to euphoria off of it as many people claim. Once when I took I high dose 2 grams/2000mgs I felt like I was seasick the whole room was just moving on me, kinda like being drunk and sea-sick at the same time I had to lay down and just relax and I finally got better.

Personally this drug helps me slightly, I am on a shit load of other meds though so its hard to tell but it does help with my anxiety to some degree. What that degree is I cant tell you, like I said it seems to work in the background.

Now the new "Super Neurontin" as some people call it aka Lyrica [pregabalin] seems to be getting more hype than plain Neurontin. I havent tried it yet, but I do plan on it soon its still pretty new and my doctor didnt know a whole lot about it we had to dig thru some of her old books for info on it and the only stuff we found was when it was banned in the US and was under going trials. Unfortunately it doesnt have a generic available like Neurontin, thus making it quite expensive.

I have heard people compare both of these drugs to being similiar to a MDMx high or buzz, personally I have never felt that. I think it works well for some and for others it doesnt works as well. I definetly hear ppl praising Lyrica more than Neurontin as its basically just a enhanced strong Neurontin in general speaking.

Does anybody notice a difference between Neurontin tablets compared to the gel-caps [which are cheaper btw]. I have tried both personally I like the gel caps better as I think it absorbs a bit more rapid but if I just crush a tablet of neurontin and swallow the powder with a mouth fulla juice absorbsion time seems to be about the same. Its a strange drug for me at least sometimes I will feel a semi and I repeat SEMI recreational feeling from it and than 2 day later I wont feel a thing, than 3 days later I will feel something. For me it seems to work quietly in thebackground as I take a bunch of meds so its hard to tell.

Currently I am on:

Suboxone [buprenorphine] 16mg
Klonopin 6mg
Ativan 2mg
Neurontin 1200mg
Vistaril [hydroxzyine] 25mg caps 3 times a day 2 at bed
Adderall IR 75mg
*Ambien 10mg
*Seroquel 100mg [I only take usually 25mgs-75mgs]
*Risperdal 1mg tabs [I usually only take .5mg]
*Trazadone 100mg [I usually take 50-200mg]
*Rozerem [ramelteon] 8mg at bed [a new sleeping med that works on the Melatonin receptors rather than the GABA receptors most sleep aids work on, so far it works well]

* - I take these on rotation for sleep I dont take them on a regular basis I switch them up sometimes I wont take any of them for weeks, than sometimes I will take Seroquel for a few days straight to get some sleep

[U]Not to mention some self medication I COULD take on the side: [of course I dont, I follow my doc's orders to a T]
Xanax - 1-8mgs
Valium - 30-100mgs
Ritalin - 10-50 mgs

Other meds I COULD take if wanted: [of course I dont these because I no longer take opiates, and follow my docs orders and have UA drops from the damn court system]
Morphine [Roxanol 20mg/per mL syrup] easily injectable
Fentanyl [Duragesic Gels 100ugs]
Morphine [Ethex 30mg IR's]

Illicit street drugs: [of course I never induldge, Im trying to recover and dont mess with street drugs]
Shit, you name it and its an hour away 24/7
Heroin
Cocaine HCL [ahh where's my needle...]
Cocaine Freebase
Ketamine
PCP
2C-x's
etc., etc., etc., etc.,

So as you can see its hard to tell exactly how well Neurontin is working with my current regimen of meds but I am starting a detox soon and starting to cut away the fat [i.e eliminate some of the unnesessary meds and start to try to regain my sobriety]. Its going to be a battle, you can watch the detox unfold on my blog over on JunkyLife it will be happening soon.

So I went a little of topic but I felt it was nessessary in order to show what my reactions and feelings concerning Neurontin and how it works for my "anxiety". For controlling my anxiety I would give it a 2 out of 10 stars. Sorry for kinda going off topic.

http://forum.opiophile.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=185&stc=1&d=1142660450

insanesteveo
03-18-2006, 01:27 AM
as far as dosage is concerned, i take 400 mg pills and when i take 2, its a nice mellow background effect, makes me a little up and more talkative. when i take 4, which is my dose when im super depressed(or need to get things done at work really fast as i get speedy), i feel way more open and just giggly(more accurately described as the feeling you have when you are naturally really happy), of course all this is hightened by my regular pot smoking, which works very nicely with neurontin. iver taken up to 8(being 3200 mg) and just felt crazy, it was good to a degree. its definitely a speedy trip, though iver not done any other speedy drugs to compare. my roomate was on adderal alot and said that this is like it but way more mellow. we both use it recreationally and for self medicating as we work in restaurant businesses and running a kitchen gets stressful.

i like this thread, lets kepp this discussion going!
-steve

_rlpsd.
03-18-2006, 09:39 PM
that stuff makes me feel like a zombie

gene44
03-19-2006, 08:04 PM
I took neurontin for a couple of months and it did nothing for me.I started taking lyrica yesterday and so far it makes me jittery.That may go away but I sure don't get any kind of buzz and it is very expensive.

superman
03-20-2006, 12:28 PM
I've tried it several times and really liked it. happy as can be. i don't recall looking in the mirror but i'm sure i would have been grinning if not laughing. i enjoy it more than ghb

shaunclo
03-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Shhhhiiiiit, SWIM has 2 of those big pill bottles full of the 100mg capsules. When I first went in to get on suboxone, neurontin was one of the drugs that my doc prescribed me. I dont get an "upper" feeling at all from this stuff. It makes me drowsy and want to fall asleep. It worked great when I was switching from a 3 gram a day tar habit to suboxone. Now the stuff just sits there......I wonder if you can "bang" that shit? Hmmmmm

orchidfanatic
03-21-2006, 06:54 PM
I got a BIG BOTTLE FULL OF THAT STUFF TOO... IT GAVE ME THE SHAKES ... WHEN I WAS TAKING IT

insanesteveo
03-22-2006, 06:52 AM
I got a BIG BOTTLE FULL OF THAT STUFF TOO... IT GAVE ME THE SHAKES ... WHEN I WAS TAKING IT

it gives me the shakes in higher doses (ie - over 2 grams) small price to pay to be happy. to me, it isnt an escape high like my usual pothead self and the regular opiate use. it makes me feel great, and is fun recreationally at high doses. the first time i took it, i took some 100 mg tabs from my dad. took 6 expecting an opiate like high, since he had it for pain. 2 hours later, nothing, then i walked to the store. wow. moving on it is great. feels crazy.

ive found i really dont feel anything under 800 mg, usual dose for fun is 2400-3600 mg. great party drug. on top of killing my depression, makes me more social too(i read that they use it for that too). potentiates alcohol like a mother fucker. i smoked some pot after they hit and im up and wired cleaning the house, or at work im cooking like a mexican(i work in an italian restaurant, mexicans make most of your food, i love those fuckers)

so now a question......

has anyone mixed neurontin with opiates?????
if so, how much neurontin with how much and what opiate? also any other drugs taken?

ive read drug interactions between opiates and neurontin, but i assume its if you actually have seizures.

thanks guys,
-steve

shaunclo
03-22-2006, 01:27 PM
ive found i really dont feel anything under 800 mg, usual dose for fun is 2400-3600 mg.-steve

HOLY SHIT THATS A HIGH DOSE!!! 3600 mg's would be 36 of the 100mg capsules I have, it makes me sick just thinking about taking that many, or would it, hmmmmmm

insanesteveo
03-22-2006, 03:03 PM
HOLY SHIT THATS A HIGH DOSE!!! 3600 mg's would be 36 of the 100mg capsules I have, it makes me sick just thinking about taking that many, or would it, hmmmmmm

yea, those 100 mg are the ones my dad got. i took 6 of them and it was nice. i now get the 400 mg from an IOP. i can easily get 4 of them down in one gulp(as im sure many people could on here).

reguarding my other question about neurontin and opiates.....well......i looked around on the web. seems that hydro and morph actually make the neurontin stronger while the opiates are felt less. now i took 4 - 400mg pills this morning at 7, usually lasts me for awhile. so i get home, see i have a small ball of putty from a previous tea (i believe the ball equals about 1/3 pound of seeds, my usual is 1 pound). i popped the putty and 20 min later im feeling it very slightly. as i write this its coming on nicely, and the neurontin seems to be more pronounced now(as i should be coming down from it, im feeling it more)

seems to be no blocking, or very little, of the morphine and codeine. it def ups the neuro though. nice combo. i feel up from the neurontin and sedated from the putty.

psilocybin
03-22-2006, 03:22 PM
I tried it once when I was like 12:)

nothing special

devilsdrug
03-22-2006, 04:05 PM
i hope they are nothing special cause i could have a 1000 of them, it was like what do i want them for ,never did try them or bacolfen, same person who was on the patches forever and gives them to me

psilocybin
03-22-2006, 09:38 PM
If they are free I would take them

exitwound
03-22-2006, 11:14 PM
I personally have felt no benefit to my chronic pain from either neurontin or its modern replacement, Lyrica. They aren't worth the money, IMHO.

insanesteveo
03-23-2006, 08:15 AM
it does nothing for my pain, but loads for my axiety and depression. so thats what i use it for.

and i will reiterate what was just said "if they are free, ill take em"

earthenone
03-23-2006, 09:07 AM
I was on Neurontin for months for leg pain from my back surgery, if i drank on it it gave me a hangover, now i got lyrica, it knocks me out and makes me dizzy, it does help with the shooting pains down my leg some, but i dont know if it is worth the money yet Neruontin did help a little too, but it kind of made me feel wierd, i took 900 mgs a day for months never got any buzz from it, but i can relate to the zombie thing.

defenestrate
03-29-2006, 07:14 AM
i have heard multiple first person reports on neurontin being effective in helping with opiate withdrawals. those people did not give me comparisons against using kratom/tramadol/buprenorphine/etc however.

insanesteveo
03-29-2006, 12:41 PM
i have heard multiple first person reports on neurontin being effective in helping with opiate withdrawals. those people did not give me comparisons against using kratom/tramadol/buprenorphine/etc however.

oh man, thats great to hear. i can get neurontin easily. one day i might want to push my opiate use for a week or three. theyd be helpful.

they also work well WITH opiates. in moderation.

defenestrate
03-30-2006, 02:22 PM
haven't tried that combo, but i'll keep that in mind!

ontario_opiophile
04-01-2006, 03:45 AM
Lyrica feels like death. It totally makes me lose my mind. My senses get totally numbed and walking becomes difficult. I notice it really effects balance. Four 75mg Lyrica makes me feel like crap. I took it for a bad migraine once and it just sucked ass. It made me feel like I was dying. And it came with alot of paranoia. it was almost like smoking Marijuana or taking Marinol or Cesamet or something. It's kind of like a Benzo/Cesamet/Kava mix. Thats what it felt like to me anyways. I don't know how you can have speedy effects from Lyrica or Neurontin. It's just not very speedy to most people. but if you like it thats great and enjoy it! haha

Zoops
04-01-2006, 06:48 AM
DOOOOOD! Yall crazy. You can't get no buzz off neurontin! If it don't have a capital letter "C," followed by a roman numeral II, III or IV on the bottle, den it aint' worth nothin'

Dat bein' sed. What some folks might be interested in knowing (and some probably already DO know) is that gabapentin ("Neurontin") and pregabalin ("Lyrica") are just simple analogs of GABA - short for gamma-amino-butyric acid, or 4-aminobutyric acid. GABA, if you were to replace that lousy amino group with a HYDROXy ("OH") group on the molecule, would give ya GHB, and we all know what a fucker-upper THAT one is.

There is a synthesis on the web, which was actually taken from an old Societe Chimique de France article (from 1960-somethin'), which I have a copy of in my office, that provides a very simple process for converting GABA (and other amino acids) to the corresponding hydroxy-substituted derivatives. Man, I bet if you were to convert gabapentin to its hydroxy derivative, THAT shit would be a very very strong downer, way stronger than GHB.

If you get a decent buzz from neurontin or lyrica, then yall might try just buying GABA pills from your local Vitamine Shoppe or GNC. I have been taking GABA for quite a while, like 1500mg three times a day, and sometimes, just sometimes, I get a very slight buzz from it. Mostly, I think it keeps my moods stable.

exitwound
04-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Lyrica feels like death. It totally makes me lose my mind. My senses get totally numbed and walking becomes difficult. I notice it really effects balance. Four 75mg Lyrica makes me feel like crap. I took it for a bad migraine once and it just sucked ass. It made me feel like I was dying. And it came with alot of paranoia. it was almost like smoking Marijuana or taking Marinol or Cesamet or something. It's kind of like a Benzo/Cesamet/Kava mix. Thats what it felt like to me anyways. I don't know how you can have speedy effects from Lyrica or Neurontin. It's just not very speedy to most people. but if you like it thats great and enjoy it! haha

I wasn't any fan of it either, and that's even on the mere introductory dose.

insanesteveo
04-20-2006, 10:19 PM
zoop, thanks for the info on gaba. i checked it out about 2 weeks ago and have been taking it every day since. i take about the same as you, 1500 mg but only twice a day, sometimes 3 a day. every time i get this weird tingly feeling like pins and needles type of shit. not pleasant but not unbearable in the least. it only lasts half an hour to an hour at the most. kinda background too.

neurontin was always very active in me, and this seems to be too. although this feels just like a dirty high, i do feel happier and more outgoing. i wonder if there are more pure forms than what is at gnc. or maybe ill jsut go back to neurontin.

ZodiacKiller
04-21-2006, 06:03 AM
I'll chip in on this one:

I was just prescribed Gabapentin (generic Nuerontin), and I've been dosing 300mg 3 times daily for Carpal Tunnel pain and a possible rotator cuff injury. The pills are big orange 300mg monsters. My doc has been trying all sorts of stuff, like Diclofenac, etc...and sooner or later, she's just gonna have to give me what I want. Guess what that might be?

Anyways, I do not like the Gabapentin at all. It makes me very drowsy, throws off my equilibrium, and generally makes me feel goofy. And not in a good way. My job requires me to be up on ladders, and to use power tools spinning at 5000 RPMs (which has partly caused my lovely Carpal Tunnel), and a drug that has that sort of effect on my mental acuity is not an option. However, working while opiated is most enjoyable! So I am gonna stop the neurontin...it's been six days now, and these side effects do not seem to be diminishing. Back to the ever-shortening drawing board!

ZodiacKiller

insanesteveo
04-21-2006, 06:44 AM
I'll chip in on this one:

I was just precribed Gabapentin (generic Nuerontin), and I've been dosing 300mg 3 times daily for Carpal Tunnel pain and a possible rotator cuff injury. The pills are big orange 300mg monsters. My doc has been trying all shorts of stuff, like Diclofenac, etc...and sooner or later, she's just gonna have to give me what I want. Guess what that might be?

Anyways, I do not like the Gabapentin at all. It makes me very drowsy, throws off my equilibrium, and generally makes me feel goofy. And not in a good way. My job requires me to be up on ladders, and to use power tools spinning at 5000 RPMs (which has partly caused my lovely Carpal Tunnel), and a drug that has that sort of effect on my mental acuity is not an option. However, working while opiated is most enjoyable! So I am gonna stop the neurontin...it's been six days now, and these side effects do not seem to be diminishing. Back to the ever-shortening drawing board!

ZodiacKiller

sorry to hear they didnt help you, although i think they are shit for pain. and you are right about the feelings. and you were only taking 300 mg a dose, i was taking around 800-1600 normally. those weird effects you describe actually helped me at my job(chef). i work faster and am waaay nicer to the servers.

so you can go ahead and send your leftover neurontin to me. ill give it a good home.

ZodiacKiller
04-21-2006, 07:16 AM
sorry to hear they didnt help you, although i think they are shit for pain. and you are right about the feelings. and you were only taking 300 mg a dose, i was taking around 800-1600 normally. those weird effects you describe actually helped me at my job(chef). i work faster and am waaay nicer to the servers.

so you can go ahead and send your leftover neurontin to me. ill give it a good home.

Yeah, I think it's kinda ridiculous to prescribe an anti-epilepsy, anti-seizure med to someone who has Carpal Tunnel and pain from a possible torn rotator cuff. I mean, WTF? Doctors are so godamm wary of RXing any decent analgesic pain med, and when someone like me, with long hair and tattoos walks in, what do you think they're gonna give me?

I almost felt like telling her "look, I can get drugs if I want 'em, and my fav drug is Heroin, so why don't you stop fucking around and get serious about this fucking injury?". But of course I did not say that....I ain't that stupid...

ZodiacKiller

devilsdrug
04-21-2006, 07:35 AM
yu are fucked thats just the way it is

Zonker
04-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Someone gave me a couple, once. It made me feel twitchy and hurt my stomach. Never noticed any buzz, though. The guy who gave 'em to me said that they made him tired, and he couldn't shit.

Glad to hear it's good for someone, though.

reddragon3668
04-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Someone gave me a couple, once. It made me feel twitchy and hurt my stomach. Never noticed any buzz, though. The guy who gave 'em to me said that they made him tired, and he couldn't shit.

Glad to hear it's good for someone, though.

I am really surprised to hear that you can get "high" on neurontin. I took it several years back it help my leg pain allot. I can't remember the dosage now, but I guess my body would get used to it and the dosage had to constantly be increased. After a while, it started hurting my stomach, so I had to go off it.

The doctor told me that it does something to the nerves that help supress nerve pain. It was very effective for me and I wish I could have kept taking it.

Opiyum
04-29-2006, 07:33 PM
it gives me the shakes in higher doses (ie - over 2 grams) small price to pay to be happy. to me, it isnt an escape high like my usual pothead self and the regular opiate use. it makes me feel great, and is fun recreationally at high doses. the first time i took it, i took some 100 mg tabs from my dad. took 6 expecting an opiate like high, since he had it for pain. 2 hours later, nothing, then i walked to the store. wow. moving on it is great. feels crazy.

ive found i really dont feel anything under 800 mg, usual dose for fun is 2400-3600 mg. great party drug. on top of killing my depression, makes me more social too(i read that they use it for that too). potentiates alcohol like a mother fucker. i smoked some pot after they hit and im up and wired cleaning the house, or at work im cooking like a mexican(i work in an italian restaurant, mexicans make most of your food, i love those fuckers)

so now a question......

if so, how much neurontin with how much and what opiate? also any other drugs taken?

ive read drug interactions between opiates and neurontin, but i assume its if you actually have seizures.

thanks guys,
-steve

Last time I was at my dealers house he gave me these yellow and white carsules(for free he's a great guy) and it wasnt till now that I decided to figure out what they were. Gabapentin 300mgs.
Im a chef too and am currently going thru a moderate opiate withdrawal and have to work in the moring. I've been taking K-pins and though they make me feel better I still get the same amount of work done if I was plsin old sick cuase I get so fuckin' sleepy.
Because of the varied experiences on this thread Im thinkin' take 150mg at a time till something starts happenening but theres this hole two hour thing. does that hold true with the powdered capsules? Could I possibly blow half a capsule at a time to increase speed
It would be much appreciated for any sith exp. in the matter to offfer up some advice.

I'd fix my grammar ad usual but not when I feel like shit. thanks

devilsdrug
04-29-2006, 08:06 PM
now i am feelin sorry for you opi my little bro shit i got a bag full of them but have only taken a few not enough to say cause i wont be runnin out any time soon , i took 3 and slept better than usual straight threw not up and down. another time took 3 earlier in the night with a bacolfen and ? so shit i guess i ll have to force a downsizing to know the real truth , it seems for some reason the people i know got these with the bacolfen and neurontin and fent ?

frankbones
04-30-2006, 04:02 PM
yah i started kickin 2 days ago and have access to the 300mg gel caps after sucking my last 2 cottons drier than sand i actually emptied half a capsule added water boiled it kind of gelled up sucked it through a cotton duno why an banged it out didnt really do much but then again i was probally using 90% water.....the things you find yourself doing..anyone know anything a out bootin these things

defenestrate
05-02-2006, 08:30 PM
There is a synthesis on the web, which was actually taken from an old Societe Chimique de France article (from 1960-somethin'), which I have a copy of in my office, that provides a very simple process for converting GABA (and other amino acids) to the corresponding hydroxy-substituted derivatives.

if it's simple, why haven't you tried it? lack of interest? i'd love to see a link to that if you have it handy sometime.

insanesteveo
05-04-2006, 10:14 PM
if it's simple, why haven't you tried it? lack of interest? i'd love to see a link to that if you have it handy sometime.

id love to see a link to this process too.

also, for people wanting to take neurontin for withdrawl and cant get any, gnc has plain old gaba. i sometimes take it instead, a little more crude but does something at least.

nikz
05-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Beware of neurontin, it's has lost in court to the tune of several 100 million dollars for wrongful death. Prescribed for many ailments, but only FDA approved for shingles and epilepsy. Drug companies
push many drugs to be blockbusters (money makers) with bad results.
Nikz

cuttelfish
06-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Neurontin can help a lot during withdrawals. I kicked oxy CT more than once and with Neurontin (added to my usual arsenal of loperamide, valium, gatorade, etc) I'd have to say that it cut the WD crap nearly in half. I was actually able to get some sleep. Maybe an hour or two the first three nights and by the fourth night I slept over two hours off and on ... this is unusual because usually an oxy WD keeps me up and racked with anxiety for 4 days straight before I can even nod off for a few minutes. Then, I spend the next 2.3 weeks falling asleep for 10-15 minutes at a time .. and the only reason I know I was sleeping is because I would wake up in a panick feeling like I was dying with the trails of some horrid nightmare still swirling around my brain.

When I kicked using Neurontin ... I had a whole lot less of this .. and was able to get up to 6 hours of sleep a night after about 6 days. I still had anxiety .. but much much less. I talked to some who claim they had no anxiety and were able to sleep from day one using neurontin. Anxiety kicks my ass worse than the poops, leg pains, cramps, sweats, chills, all the shit put together .. the anxiety is the worst for me. The only thing the neurontin didn't help with was the feeling of weakness .. like I coudn't climb a flight of stairs. Maybe a little .. but not a lot. But for sleep ... along with valium .. it is like a miracle for WD.

shaunclo
06-15-2006, 09:54 AM
bump......

I took some nuerontins last night (about 200mg's then 300mg's about an hour later) and I took them around 8:30, then the other 300mg's at around 9:30. I couldnt wake up worth SHIT this morning. I was totally late to work and I am still feeling like I am carrying around a 400 lb anvil on my back. I cant believe people get a speedy like feeling from this stuff. It makes me feel so drowsy and tired.

Maybe you have to take higher doses to get the speedy like affect. Someone has been praising to me about nuerontin for w/d's, but I just dont get it. I didnt want to take my sub last night and thought I would just take my neurontin instead, my legs ached and hurt so fuckin bad until I finally gave in and took about 5mg of valium, and 1mg xannie. I can still feel the neurontin coursing through my body as Im typing this. This shit last forever. I must say that I do not like nuerontin, its kinda nice and loopy at first, but it just doesnt go well with work for me.

Special-K
06-15-2006, 10:33 AM
My doc has just changed my Neurontins for Lyrica. I found out last night that the Lyrica is a good sleeping pill. I'm experimenting with em right now. They mi8ght be good for something else. I guess it's according to the dosage. I took three (150 x 3 = 450mg) last night and slept really well.

shaunclo
06-15-2006, 10:56 AM
I took three (150 x 3 = 450mg) last night and slept really well.

I agree, I slept like a fuckin rock, but couldnt wake up for the life of me. I think I broke my snooze button this morning from pressing it so many times.

Special-K
06-15-2006, 11:03 AM
yeah.......I took another one this morning, and wished I hadn't. I feel like I'm drunk right niow. Can barely type.

Hammilton
06-15-2006, 11:46 PM
This is in response to the comment about how bad it is to use Antiepilepsy/Antidepressant medications to control pain from Carpal Tunnel.

Carpal Tunnel (like what I have, Cubital Tunnel- in the elbow instead of the wrist) is a condition caused by swelling tissue compressing the nerve(s) that control sensation in the hand. Its possible for the swelling to damage the nerves and for the condition to never go away, sometimes even with the surgery. Cubital Tunnel is basically Carpal Tunnel of the funny bone, except its usually caused by hitting nerve excessively hard or repeatedly or leaning on it, causing swelling in the surrounding tissues. I don't know what it feels like to have carpal tunnel, but Cubital seems to be its ultra-bitchy parents. Any time I bend my elbow the nerve has to strech across the bend causing it to feel like I just smacked my elbow. Also, I typically don't have any feeling my ring and pinky fingers. The pain in the wrist and elbow is a tremendous burning sensation. I'm prescribed methadone because the pregabelin/gabapentin made me sick and NSAIDS cause stomach problems. Tylenol just doesn't work. I can't use the typical first-line tricyclics because I am diagnosed bipolar and it would likely trigger a manic episode.

However, for those who can tolerate the other medications, they are definitely the way to go. NSAIDS work to relieve the inflammation causing the problem and often times will eliminate it completely. The Gabapentin-type medications, along with the Tricyclic Antidepressants work best for people who have permanent nerve damage from their condition. Its unknown how they work, but its guessed that they help correct nerve conduction and regulate signals to the affected areas (probably everywhere in reality).

Other medications like Depakote, an anti-manic anti-epileptic medication works for people with the nerve damage as well, but it works on the sodium and calcium channels (is it sodium? I'm tired, maybe its potassium.)

In short, narcotics really aren't the best medication. Until the other medications are tried, they're probably the worst. They're only going to mask the problem- which is stupid when you have medications that can fix it.

Hammilton

scikid
07-09-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm perscribed it for anexity and alcohol cravings. It seems like it helps but I still get the occasional anexity attack and still drink daily just not as much. I don't have insurance anymore but am getting a new plan soon. I may have to switch doctors and will talk to him or her about my anexity issues.

kyuss
12-08-2006, 09:10 AM
A friend just
gave me a few
of these neurontins.
After reading this thread
I don't think I'll be
buying any.

sk8opium
12-08-2006, 09:21 AM
i
so now a question......

thanks guys,
-steve

I had a script for it as well as a script for 150mg of different types of morphine products...Avinza and MSIR. I felt better not taking the neurontrin. It made me sleep in all the time.

Now I totally skip neurontrin...morphine only. I have epilepsy and actually did have 4 siezures while on neurontrin. Never even thought about it! And my neurologist gave it to me too! Thats why I dont see her anymore. Oh, and she said my paralyzed arm was not from nerve damage. idiot!

flipside
12-08-2006, 09:26 AM
^^ I have found no recreational value in them nor have they ever helped when in WD's. However they do work very well for the nerve pain I get which is something that no opi can cover unless I have enough to get high enough to just plain not care. For me they work in that regard at least.

For anyhting else, not so

My dose is 800mg 2x daily. After a while the sedating efect goes away. Funny same with tramadol, don't like it for recreation or WD's but helps a lot with bursitis ands some bone pain caused by my auto-immune disorder. They are both nice as an adjunct to opies for pain.
But that's it, and only my experiece. Everybody reacts diff. to meds. as we all know.

PS. For anxiety I can't see them helping at all, of course thtat's probably because my anxiety is treated wiht bezo's, although when I was out a few moths back they did not help. Had to take pehonobarb.

Badly Drawn Girl
12-08-2006, 02:17 PM
I like Neurontin but I find them to be unpredictable in terms of how I'll react to them. Generally I take 600mg at night to stop my periodic limb movement disorder but I will also take them to stop the headaches that I get when I'm out of my migraine meds.

In terms of wds/recreational value, I do get some relief from wds. If I take more than 600mg, bumping up to 900mg usually, I can get buzzed on them. It's sort of a nice drunk. I get more talkative, relaxed, that sort of thing. What prevents me from abusing them however is that they leave me with this weird feeling in my stomach. It's sort of like feeling hungover but I can't really explain it. I just do not like the after-effects of the higher dose. But they are are definitely nice to have on hand. They stop some of my shoulder pain and make me feel good.

devilsdrug
12-08-2006, 04:38 PM
they seem to come on slow for the sleepiness part or like hrs later , when i take i take early so i dont have as much a prob gettin up in am i also dont take so many , they are definitly useful i just had to learn how to use

WarmCyanide
12-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Beware of neurontin, it's has lost in court to the tune of several 100 million dollars for wrongful death. Prescribed for many ailments, but only FDA approved for shingles and epilepsy. Drug companies
push many drugs to be blockbusters (money makers) with bad results.
Nikz

I got diagnosed with shingles a month or so ago. Chicken pox virus reactivates and travels to your nerves just under the skin. It fuckin hurts. I put it on the piss and moan. I was given Neurontin and Valtrex. I'm not shitting you guys and tell me if anyone has had the same experience as I have.

The valtrex actually made me feel dopey in a good way. moreso than the neurontin. my favorite thing now is the following

Vicodin plus the valtrex and a large cup of coffee (cream no sugar) and I'm a happy man.

comfortableandnumb
06-20-2007, 03:53 PM
i thought id chip in my $.02 for those people who were asking about snorting this. My advice is don't. The amount of powder alone is rediculous and it really messes with your sinuses. Unfortunately, there isn't any recreational value for snorting these pills, there's just too much filler.

WarmCyanide
06-20-2007, 04:36 PM
fred raises thread from the dead regarding sniffing neurontin into your head.

Hammilton
06-24-2007, 07:22 AM
seriously, I was checking through this and I see a post by DD. My fucking word, right? Then I see it's from 06 and I'm disapointed.

you really helped me figure this shit out- next time I take my 4600mg of gabapentin I'll remember not to put it all in my nose.

I still can't breath from last weeks dose

NV12
06-24-2007, 07:55 AM
I was diagnosed with CIDP and prescribed Neurontin.

It has absolutely no effect on me and I can't even tell I've taken anything. Worthless to me.