PDA

View Full Version : how long will xanax stay in system?

mkvliws4l
06-12-2008, 04:53 PM
I recently got arrested for possession of marijuana, and my lawyer said there is a possibility they could drug test me. How long do the green xanax bars stay in your system for, in the case of a drug test?

handsome rob
06-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Benzos, like pot, can stay in your system for a long time. It all matters how much and how long you have using. I've read reports of 45 days for long term benzo use. I would either get a legit script or cease taking them if you can.

red26
06-12-2008, 05:33 PM
benzos should be outta yer system or at least untraceable after 4-5 days max. It can depend on what you were taking too. Xanax is a quick one to go but K-pins have a longer half life so they'd be the ones that might be detectable after the usual 3-4 days. Its a water soluble drug like cocaine, not fat soluble like weed. If they were to do a blood test and if its the court system they're not gunna do that but its detectable longer with a blood test, like maybe a week and a half or so. As long as you let 5 days go dont sweat it. I've spent most of my life, well I been under legal supervision in one form or another more than I havent so I actually know what I'm talkin bout here. I know that when I've been tested and I'm talkin recently like last week, after not taking my benzos for 3 days I dont test posative.

handsome rob
06-12-2008, 05:58 PM
http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/testing/testing_info1.shtml

The bottom of this page on erowid has a chart that shows the duration a drug will be in your system. It says 1-42 days for a urine sample for benzos.

ZodiacKiller
06-12-2008, 06:01 PM
BTW, you coulda asked both questions in one thread. We gotta conserve bandwidth here. Each new poster is allowed one post consisting of no more than four sentences each per day until you've acquired 50 posts.

ZK

dharma bum
06-12-2008, 06:09 PM
At my Sub clinic today I was urine screened after using about 35 of the half mg klonopin about 8 days ago. I came up neg for benzos. My little binge was scattered throughout a 36 hour period then ended, as all good things do. And as red26 posted, klonopin has a longer half-life than the xanax. So you should be fine as long as you don't keep using the "green" xannie bars (which ive never seen). Round these parts ive seen the yellow ones and white ones.
Anyway, i hope yer legal probs are over soon, mmkay?

Chicago
06-12-2008, 07:11 PM
on a u.a. it could be 1-3 days & how much & how long.
On my ex ladys test last week 1 bar a day since January, then followed my beating the drug test process, she was on heroin , k-pins& xanax, then dropped clean.

Blood would be 1 day.

More Feen
06-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Xanax should clear quicker than valium, I think xanax is water soluable.

Valium (diazepam) actually stays in the system a long time. It is more fat-soluable.

Because of this, an active metabolite of valium is stored in the gall bladder, and slowly released with digestion. The metabolite is then re-absorbed into the blood stream--so it stays in the system a really long time.

That's why it is considered a "long-acting" benzo. Xanax is considerd "short-acting," but I have no idea about detectability via urinalysis.

You're probably safe after 3 days (like the others have mentioned) with the Alprazolam (check an on-line PDR about xanax's half life).

MF

oxymoronluvr
06-12-2008, 11:51 PM
i once went on a small bindge with 10 adivan pills(kinda the same) they were the 1's. and they stayed in my piss for a good month and a half. every ones body has its own time frame with benzos. some sooner, some later. most arelater. be careful. you dont want to fuck up cause of a little green pill.

Hiram
06-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Just about everything you could ever possibly want to know about benzos can be found on this link. The Equivalence Table giving you half-life info is on the left hand side. http://www.benzo.org.uk/

ZodiacKiller
06-13-2008, 01:29 AM
^^ Sure, Hiram, showing off with all that vast knowledge again, huh? Actually, for all things benzo, that is a pretty cool site....

ZK

syn2600
06-13-2008, 05:34 AM
I was having a rough time last summer and ended up going for round 2 in a psychiatric hospital. Anyways i had taken OC and Xanax the night before, they did a full drug test at the hospital, and told my father i can back 100% clean, i forget the term they used but they said there was no possible way i had taken anything. I was taking fairly large amounts of creatine at the time, thats really the only thing i can think that would do it. Good luck.

scikid
06-13-2008, 08:56 AM

Valium (diazepam) actually stays in the system a long time. It is more fat-soluable.

Thats what I've heard as well. Valium is the one that really lasts...

cg5
06-13-2008, 04:25 PM
I was having a rough time last summer and ended up going for round 2 in a psychiatric hospital. Anyways i had taken OC and Xanax the night before, they did a full drug test at the hospital, and told my father i can back 100% clean, i forget the term they used but they said there was no possible way i had taken anything. I was taking fairly large amounts of creatine at the time, thats really the only thing i can think that would do it. Good luck.

its because a usual opaite test cannot detect OC... and i dont think they test for benzos on a usual drug test... i think its h, morph, codiene, coke and weed... thats why it came up negative

Mallinckrodt
06-13-2008, 11:07 PM
This makes 3 posts for the same question. Not a good start.

scikid
06-14-2008, 03:39 PM
its because a usual opaite test cannot detect OC... and i dont think they test for benzos on a usual drug test... i think its h, morph, codiene, coke and weed... thats why it came up negative

The two you will most often see tests for 5 one and a 7 (benzos and PCP are the extra ones tested) one. When I was in rehab I noticed they needed a special type of test for OC. It probably ended up costing me more...

xxanxx
06-26-2008, 06:45 PM

Xanax is not very water soluble, not at all.