PDA

View Full Version : Question about mixing benadryl and boy.

Niogio
06-06-2008, 05:58 PM
There is information online about benadryl potentiating H. Saying that it does in fact help H become stronger, and the feeling being longer in duration. Well, a friend remembered this and decided to try it. She fixed up a normal shot of H, then mixed up a shot of benadryl..both drawn up in the same rig into one shot. The shot was done, and the normal rush was achieved, but it didn't seem to have potentiated anything. Now, was it a mistake mixing the two together in one shot? Was she supposed to maybe take the dryl orally 20, 30 or so minutes before shooting? Because it seems to not have helped at all, and unfortunately seems to have actually made the shot less potent and made the duration shorter in time/intensity.

Did she ruin the shot by doing this? Any info or advise about this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Opi.

Dan Steely
06-06-2008, 06:07 PM
I don't think that shit is of any value besides allergy relief, which it does a pretty good job of.

DXM dextromethorsumthin is supposed to be a good potentiator.

Don't bang benedryl, thats just silly.

Niogio
06-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Ok, understood.

But, she didn't ruin the shot by doing this did she?

Dan Steely
06-06-2008, 06:25 PM
sorry man but that I don't know. I kinda doubt it. btw dont bang the dex either if you try it. just eat it.

Indy
06-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Actually shooting benadryl can really help if you really want to shoot, but you happen to be one of those people who get a bad histamine reaction.

Niogio
06-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Actually shooting benadryl can really help if you really want to shoot, but you happen to be one of those people who get a bad histamine reaction.
Wait, what?

What do you mean a bad histamine reaction? Was her not feeling the shot more intense a histamine reaction?

I'm confused over here, please explain a little better. haha. Thanks.

Dan Steely
06-06-2008, 06:52 PM
I don't get it either man. Isn't benedryl an antihistimine?

WarmCyanide
06-06-2008, 06:54 PM
I don't get it either man. Isn't benedryl an antihistimine?

sure is.

marshalldylan1
06-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Benadryl sux.

Phenegran on the other hand.....

Indy
06-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Yes, it is, which is why you use it if you're one of those people who get a histamine reaction. You shoot benadryl with it, and boom, no histamine reaction. In theory anyways....

handsome rob
06-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Hell Dorm is the most popular cut in H (around Milwaukee). It's the same thing diphenhydramine...Tylenol pm, benadryl, Unisom, etc. It makes more nods for sure.

irish
06-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Histamine is the enemy of the rush. If you can lower your histamine levels prior to a shot, the rush should be better. If your levels are already low it's not gonna matter much. Also, if you do get bad histamine reactions the benadryl should help, if not cancel it out completely. Ideally I would take the benadryl orally about 45mins prior to the shot.

Mallinckrodt
06-06-2008, 08:26 PM
You definitely don't have to worry about it ruining the shot. Like someone mentioned, a lot of powdered H comes cut with various 'diphen cuts, that's what those colored specks are from in Chicago dope. You know how some 'diphen capsules come, with that colored strip holding the two ends of the capsule together. Some dealers get lazy and just break that strip when mixing the pills with the dope and some of it gets in there.

eveline
06-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Besides allergies, antihistamines are also prescribed/used for nausea (Phenergan, Dramamine) and as sedatives (Tylenol PM, Atarax/Vistaril)... so they should also be good for reducing the nausea and itching of opies, as well as increasing the nod. (Phenergan is also sometimes used medically along with opiates for the nausea, as in Phenergan with codeine syrup.)

Personally I take one or two Benadryl orally before taking whatever opiate I'm using... I don't have enough experience to compare with/without but I figure it can't hurt. I've heard of people shooting it but why put more pill fillers into your vein than you have to?

Somebody else could explain the histamine reaction thing better than me, but it involves temporary swelling and redness around the injection site, and it happens more often with morphine but also with H depending on the cut/unreacted morphine. I think some people also tend to get it more than others.

turdkenedy
06-06-2008, 09:27 PM
I think you should have taken the benadryl orally about 30 minutes before you shot up.

benadryl makes you sedated which could subjectively improve your "nod".

i think you shouldnt have injected it. first off, how do you know it is safe to inject benadryl pills? secondly, its meant to be taken orally, and works just fine orally.

my suggestion is take the benadryl orally next time.

baysteve
07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
I absolutely swear by benadryl..I broke 3 pills in half and swallowed ten minutes before I used my tar...and I literally just woke up 20 minutes ago, I have never nodded so hard in my life, its an amazing potentiator IMHO.

rockbottom
07-08-2008, 04:21 PM
At Kaiser they use the combo Demerol/Visterel--at this other clinic i worked at they used Dialaudid /Phenergan--so i think your cool

roxi*stardust
07-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I absolutely swear by benadryl..I broke 3 pills in half and swallowed ten minutes before I used my tar...and I literally just woke up 20 minutes ago, I have never nodded so hard in my life, its an amazing potentiator IMHO.

That's not *the nod*, it's the drowsiness induced by the Diphenhydramine(Benadryl). Three Benadryl would do the same thing to you without the H. Maybe one Benadryl would potentiate but 3 just knocked you and you slept through your buzz.

red26
07-08-2008, 06:33 PM
That's not *the nod*, it's the drowsiness induced by the Diphenhydramine(Benadryl). Three Benadryl would do the same thing to you without the H. Maybe one Benadryl would potentiate but 3 just knocked you and you slept through your buzz.
I gotta agree on this one. I take tons of benadryl to help with sleep (insomniac for 20 yrs) every night but there are times I switch to another anti-hist. or OTC sedative and there is no difference in potentiation. Other things that folks have mentioned though like phenagren absolutely put me out by themselves nevermind along with some decent dope.

limestoneman
07-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Benadryl has never really done anything but make me fall asleep and weaken the euphoria.
I've found Quinine (tonic water additive) to be pretty useful.

TokinDerrick
07-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Hell Dorm is the most popular cut in H (around Milwaukee). It's the same thing diphenhydramine...Tylenol pm, benadryl, Unisom, etc. It makes more nods for sure.

I was gonna say the same thing Dormin is 25mg of Dihenhydramine per pill. around here its what they cut the dope with, so you're shooting benadryl pretty much, which by the way is also cookable, but if you do, you must get name brand benadryl capsules.

xxanxx
07-10-2008, 01:16 PM
I've shot a fair bit of diphenhydramine and although I don't recommend it, it will increase the perceived high of some opiates. When I got into shooting my suboxone for a bit I would often mix it with benadryl. It's a common cut in MI as well.

Remember though, shooting pills is stupid!