PDA

View Full Version : Best reason to get Hydro??

HandMeSomeOpiates
05-30-2008, 01:02 PM
I have muscle pain and have seen the doc in my hometown for it for a while. Well all he gives me is Tramadol as he says KY is really strict on hydro and he'd need an MRI(which costs $900!) so I had to settle with the damn trams. I'm in TN now, do you think it would be easier to persuade a doc into rx me hydro rather than tram???
Thanks

God_Albino
05-30-2008, 01:16 PM
the best thing you could probably do is try to get some kind of insurance going, getting the mris and other tests might be the only way youll get anything good.

WarmCyanide
05-30-2008, 02:26 PM
tell him tramadols dont work. you have to end up taking multiple.

paroxetina
05-30-2008, 04:12 PM
If you're seeing a new doctor, mentioning a history of childhood epilepsy would probably deter a doctor from prescribing tramadol, which lowers the seizure threshold.

frankie
05-30-2008, 04:29 PM
That's very true what the last post said, as i have epilepsy and my doctor would not prescribe me trams, what i have done in the past and am going to do this week again is go to the dentist and complain that my gums hurt and he always prescribes me some vicodans. you might want to try that route it might work for you as it has worked for me...Anyway, good luck and i hope that you are pain free...

peace

Papa Verine
05-30-2008, 08:43 PM
I don't buy it that the authorities are real strict on Hydro there. Try another doctor. I've never had a problem getting a script for Vicodin, for numerous MINOR painful conditions.

Toothache...
Threw my back out...
Terrible cough...
"sprained" ankle...
whatever...

It seems like standard procedure around here for doctors to prescribe some vicodin whenever someone is in minor to moderate pain. At least that's the way it is around here. I had one doctor write me 90 10mg hydros a month, for 3 months in a row, before he recommended I get an MRI.

roxi*stardust
05-31-2008, 06:30 AM
Tooth pain and a "really bad cough" that keeps you up at night are the best ways I have found to get hydrocodone from ERs.

Burton Baton
06-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Just went to the ER complaining of a toothache and got 20 hydros. It's like taking candy from a baby.

drugsaregood
06-11-2008, 12:34 AM
my girl just got her boobies done and her doc is ON IT. refills of 7.5s, somas, benzos. perfect.

Makes me want to get a pair of man tits, but then again I could spend the thousands of dollars else where...:rolleyes:

Btw man, congrats. Hope you have fun breaking 'em in..:p

Also I too have never had a problem getting hydros. Even for a sore throat. The trick is to not ask for it. Don't seem too eager. Act casual, dress nice. Complain alot about the pain. Say you're loosing sleep over it, advil\tylenol barely helps, etc.

longduckdong
06-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Makes me want to get a pair of man tits, but then again I could spend the thousands of dollars else where...:rolleyes:

Btw man, congrats. Hope you have fun breaking 'em in..:p

Also I too have never had a problem getting hydros. Even for a sore throat. The trick is to not ask for it. Don't seem too eager. Act casual, dress nice. Complain alot about the pain. Say you're loosing sleep over it, advil\tylenol barely helps, etc.

Yeah, I never understood why people have a problem getting hydros. Basically all you have to do is have pain, and say Ibu or Tyl doesnt work. Usually they'll serve 'em up. (Assuming of course you DO have some legit pain). Heck, that's what they're for.

nick
06-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Just tell him that you had a seizure.

What happened to that guy that used to hit up docs and ers complaining about testicular pain?He seemed to make it work.

Ludakris
06-11-2008, 01:30 PM
It pretty much just depends on luck of the draw. Around here it seems like rx'ing hydro is standard operating procedure. At least at the walk in clinic, and as long as your not there once a week. Generally they ask if the pain is keeping you up at night and as long as you say yes, you get Naprosyn for the day, and Vicodin for the night.

My doc I'd been seeing for chronic pain did slowly take me off of hydro and put me on Trams for the same reason though. I was uninsured and refused the MRI for money reasons. He said until I got the MRI, he'd have to give me Trams.

Just keep complaining and try to get some compassion for your situation, but don't be pushy. I bet eventually you can convince someone to give you hydros

bigNasty
06-11-2008, 03:00 PM

Best advice so far. Then they'll write you a script and hold in your smile and act like its not a big deal.
Also try asking other people you know what Dr's are script pad friendly, usually dr's in small clinics that take walk ins

Synack
06-11-2008, 06:14 PM
you bastards with walk-ins willing to write pain meds, or give pain shots...I'm jealous (I'm referring to urgent cares, isn't this what you mean? I don't know many 'walk-in' places here)

walkin's here have signs posted stating they will NOT write for hydrocodone, oxycodone, fentanyl.

rockbottom
06-11-2008, 06:19 PM
lower back pain-- i just helped my friend move and when i picked up my end of the couch my back went out. that got me a shot of demerol and script of 60 vics from the er. then just keep playing it up my back still hurts. that should work until they want to do an mri.;)

Synack
06-11-2008, 06:26 PM
That's very true what the last post said, as i have epilepsy and my doctor would not prescribe me trams, what i have done in the past and am going to do this week again is go to the dentist and complain that my gums hurt and he always prescribes me some vicodans. you might want to try that route it might work for you as it has worked for me...Anyway, good luck and i hope that you are pain free...

peace

I agree with this... but I make it look legit and actually cause some swelling.. take a tool to the gums and try to damage them with pressure, not cuts.

before I knew my drugs, I had this issue with a doc.. he asked me what pain meds I had in the past - which at the time was only perc's, all my life.. so I mentioned percosits (pronounced that way) and he said he can't write something that strong.. He offered me T3's and I told him I didn't know what they were, and he said he'd set me up with something good..

so I ended up walking out with 50# DARVON-N (Darvocet-N) take 1 - 2 every 4 hours... wtf was up with that jackass...

after my surgery, I had a viral infection and was vomiting, and stressed the repair, causing bloody coughing and shit.. the female doc at the ER asked me if it hurts (well no shit it hurts, they removed my lung and now I'm trying to cough out the other one) - I told her yes, and mentioned percocet 10325 mg's (ten thousand three hundred and twenty five) mg's... so I walked out with 20# perc 10's and a bottle of hydrocodone cough syrup and a referral for an xray. This was at 3:00AM.. but I had my surgery records, etc with me... I didn't know my meds that well then, but I knew they were called perc 10's.. with 325 APAP.. but sounding dumb works best.

one more option, sit on a catus, or slam your forearm into one.. sure, it'll hurt/bleed... but they'll give you percs... and even a shot of something while removing them... I'd suggest a hair wax if the cactus thorns are hair like.. it's the least painful, and you'll get a good haul...

I've got more... some kinda painful, some not so much, you just need to be a good actor.

drugsaregood
06-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Yep. There's a plethora of information on ophile for scoring. Another thing that I forgot to mention and helps a lot is stating you have a good job. Most E.R's, etc ask for your place of employment and other info on it. I used to do work as a computer programmer and feel that helped my cause a lot. Lie and say you have a job that requires some sort of education. (Not landscaping ,etc. Nothing against landscapers but ya know..)

Also..The due who posted above me..You had a freaking lung removed and you usually get is perc 10's and hydros? Shit man. I feel for you. If i had a lung removed I would want\need a lot stronger shit just to deal with the emotional pain.

the0ne
06-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Not sure if you golf or not but if you want a script of hydro even if it's for 30 pills, dress like you just got done playing a round of golf. Wear a polo shirt, baseball cap, khakis and run around for a little bit so that you are sweaty and smell a little. Go to the doctor and say you hurt your lower back playing golf. You will most likely get a script of hydros and muscle relaxers. Before I actually hurt my back badly and needed surgery, I did this while I was in high school and it worked every time. He would always give me 5mg hydros and flexeril with one refill. If the prescription was good for 10 days, I would always wait at least 15 days before calling in the refill. That way it looked like I only took them when I was in pain, and I wouldn't arouse his suspicion for future visits.

oxymoronluvr
06-12-2008, 10:48 PM
ky and tn are both Huge rx abuse areas. i can see why you are getting shut down. the docs are cutting everyone off so that they can mantain their liscense privs and not attract drug seekers into the practice. if this country keeps heading in the same direction it is now, vicodin rx for a toothache is going to be a thing of the past like percocet used to be for migranes. all i can say is dr shop and see what u get. see what the word on the street who is writing(chances are no ones going to talk) but its worth a shot.

HandMeSomeOpiates
06-13-2008, 12:29 PM
ky and tn are both Huge rx abuse areas. i can see why you are getting shut down. the docs are cutting everyone off so that they can mantain their liscense privs and not attract drug seekers into the practice. if this country keeps heading in the same direction it is now, vicodin rx for a toothache is going to be a thing of the past like percocet used to be for migranes. all i can say is dr shop and see what u get. see what the word on the street who is writing(chances are no ones going to talk) but its worth a shot.

Yeah, you're right KY is bad on rx abuse. The damn rednecks in eastern kentucky chasing down UPS/Fed-Ex trucks fucked buying online hydro all up.

HandMeSomeOpiates
06-13-2008, 12:30 PM
there is no excuse for getting opiates. only reasons.:)

love your post btw :p

frankie
06-13-2008, 02:00 PM
as i said in my earlier post that i was going to go to the dentist and complain of tooth pain. Well, i went this week and sure enough i walked out of there with a script for vicodins...ha, thank god for the dentist of the world..the best thing that you could seriously do is when you do go to the doctor or dentist is put on an innocent face and act niave and you will get those vics

sharkmont
10-13-2008, 01:47 PM
A little tidbit that I have found to be a nugget in my quest is stating that I am on SSRI medication to prevent them prescribing Tramadol due to possible seizure and serotonin syndrome. I went from tramadol to hydrocodone in this one short step, you can too! Read Section D:
http://www.hhsc.state.tx.us/hcf/vdp/Criteria/tramadol.html

bigNasty
10-13-2008, 01:55 PM
A little tidbit that I have found to be a nugget in my quest is stating that I am on SSRI medication to prevent them prescribing Tramadol due to possible seizure and serotonin syndrome. I went from tramadol to hydrocodone in this one short step, you can too! Read Section D:
http://www.hhsc.state.tx.us/hcf/vdp/Criteria/tramadol.html
I don't wanna revive this old thread but SM already did......so IME a dr. will prescribe tram while you are on SSRI's but you could always call him the next day and say you feel weird or somethin then he'll look up possible interactions and give you some norco 10's to shut you up

Narkotikon
10-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Old thread, but what the hell.

First of all, I don't buy that KY is very strict about hydro crap. I used to live in Lex and got hydro all the time from UTC's (Urgent Treatment Centers). I also went to college in KY and went to the student health center all the time and also always got hydro. It's just that particular doctor.

What's always worked for me has already been said:

Tooth pain / ache
Back pain
Sprained ankle

And, the best one, the one I almost always used if I actually didn't have anything wrong with me:

"I have a really bad cough that's keeping me up at night, and I have to be able to sleep to go to class / work in the morning."

That always worked for some kind of cough syrup with hydrocodone in it, usually Histussin-HC or Tussionex.

Just be careful with some of those cough syrups. It's easy to drink the whole bottle if you have a tolerance, but sometimes they contain other active ingredients that could be harmful in large amounts. Just make sure you know what you're taking. Also make sure you actually know how much hydro is in there. It's usually 2.5 or 5 or 10mg per 5ml. Tussionex, for example, is the strongest, and has 10mg of hydrocodone polystirex per 5ml, so it's 2mg per 1 ml. Most others have 5mg per 5ml, so it's 1mg per 1ml, and a few are weaker and have 2.5mg per 5ml, so it would be .5mg per 1ml. A teaspoon is about 5ml.

EleusisII
10-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Hey man!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, but it really depends on the doctor.
I've gotten everything from percocets to MScontin and Oxycontins scripted by walkin doctors and ER-docs, and it really depends on the individual doctors attitude.
There's no surefire injury that'll give you hydros or percs, you can however improve your odds quite a bit...

1. Don't be allergic to a lot of drugs.
For most docs it's a redflag if you say you're allergic to codeine. Sometimes it might help though, if you don't call it an allergy, but just say that it makes you itchy...

2. KNOW your pain.
Don't go in faking a pinched nerve or a lower back injury, without knowing what the pain feels like, and exactly where it hurts. Worst case scenario is, that they'll give you a lot of expensive tests, trying to figure out what the hell is wrong.

3. Dress nicely and have a good job.
We're not talking suit and tie, but khakis, nice polo, majbe a suitjacket on top.

4. Know your meds, and don't play stupid.
Don't do that ridiculous "I don't remember the name of what helped the last time, but I think it was something with H... Hydro-something!"
If a doctor has given you a medication before that really helped you, you'll definetly remember the name of it. I mean christ, it's right there on the bottle!

5. DON'T BRING UP APAP!!!
Whatever you do, don't pull that shit! It can be very useful to say, that you've taken 10 tylenols today, doctors know the max limit of APAP a day by heart, but only junkien talk about how they're concerned that all the APAP will be bad for them, or that it makes them nauseus (How do you know it's not the hydro that makes you nauseus!)

6. You've allready taken codeine.
This is the key...
Tell the doctor, that you've already taken Tylenol 3, that you had at home from the last time you problems with wisdomtooth/tensionheadhaches/whatever. If you played your cards right, and haven't fucked it up already, the doctor knows that the next step up the pain-ladder is Vicoden or Percocet.

Just remember, some docs won't script you narcotics no matter what. If you run into one of these assholes, bitchslap him, call his receptionist a whore, and take your doctor-scamming somewhere else.

As for a specific pain, something testicular, back or neckproblems will do just fine. Look around the site for some good ailments, and descriptions of where the pain is and what it feels like...

Badly Drawn Girl
10-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Don't do that ridiculous "I don't remember the name of what helped the last time, but I think it was something with H... Hydro-something!"
If a doctor has given you a medication before that really helped you, you'll definetly remember the name of it. I mean christ, it's right there on the bottle!.

I've NEVER been turned down for Vicodin. I always mention that I suffer from chronic pain, that I used to be prescribed percs/soma/blah blah blah but that I didn't want to live on drugs the rest of my life.. BUT that this pain was more than I could handle and I just need something to get me over the worst of it. I've gotten vics for abdominal pain (but that requires way too much testing), throwing out my back, whiplash (car accidents used to be my go-to reason for trying to get a script), and falls.

No one has ever treated me like a drug seeker and I actually had one doctor ask me "Do you prefer Vics or percs?" and asked which muscle relaxer I preferred. So I wanted to highlight what was said above. You don't have to play dumb!

reddragon3668
10-14-2008, 01:19 PM
As has already been said, it all depends on the doctor. But, what EleusisII has written here is probably the best common sense list I've seen. Good stuff man! I am sure allot of folks will benefit from this.

Personally, I've never had any trouble getting Vics or anything else for that matter. I mean, I have had an asshole doc from time to time but not for long. Unfortunately, when I got hurt and started taking pharms on a daily basis, I sorta by-passed most of the lesser strength meds. Actually, I regret that. The opiate ladder is very important and each rung can sustain you for a long time if used wisely. Now, I can't even stay comfortably well o hydro. Not long ago I got a bottle of 240 vics and even with CWE I still couldn't take enough to get well and helping with pain was just totally out of the question. So, definitely, stick to what works for as long as possible before moving up... I know this is not really what the OP was asking but I just thought I'd share... ;)

Hey man!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, but it really depends on the doctor.
I've gotten everything from percocets to MScontin and Oxycontins scripted by walkin doctors and ER-docs, and it really depends on the individual doctors attitude.
There's no surefire injury that'll give you hydros or percs, you can however improve your odds quite a bit...

1. Don't be allergic to a lot of drugs.
For most docs it's a redflag if you say you're allergic to codeine. Sometimes it might help though, if you don't call it an allergy, but just say that it makes you itchy...

2. KNOW your pain.
Don't go in faking a pinched nerve or a lower back injury, without knowing what the pain feels like, and exactly where it hurts. Worst case scenario is, that they'll give you a lot of expensive tests, trying to figure out what the hell is wrong.

3. Dress nicely and have a good job.
We're not talking suit and tie, but khakis, nice polo, majbe a suitjacket on top.

If a doctor has given you a medication before that really helped you, you'll definetly remember the name of it. I mean christ, it's right there on the bottle!

5. DON'T BRING UP APAP!!!
Whatever you do, don't pull that shit! It can be very useful to say, that you've taken 10 tylenols today, doctors know the max limit of APAP a day by heart, but only junkien talk about how they're concerned that all the APAP will be bad for them, or that it makes them nauseus (How do you know it's not the hydro that makes you nauseus!)

6. You've allready taken codeine.
This is the key...
Tell the doctor, that you've already taken Tylenol 3, that you had at home from the last time you problems with wisdomtooth/tensionheadhaches/whatever. If you played your cards right, and haven't fucked it up already, the doctor knows that the next step up the pain-ladder is Vicoden or Percocet.

Just remember, some docs won't script you narcotics no matter what. If you run into one of these assholes, bitchslap him, call his receptionist a whore, and take your doctor-scamming somewhere else.

As for a specific pain, something testicular, back or neckproblems will do just fine. Look around the site for some good ailments, and descriptions of where the pain is and what it feels like...

theDeanofGreen
10-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Tooth pain and a "really bad cough" that keeps you up at night are the best ways I have found to get hydrocodone from ERs.

The really bad cough usually gets me either worthless codeine/promethazine syrup, or if i am lucky an actual good syrup like lortab elixer, some type of liquid hydro, or Tussionex, which I think is the king of the syrups.