PDA

View Full Version : The best way to get a script early...

kingzilla
05-30-2008, 10:43 AM
I know this has been discussed before but not recently. Im 11 days away from refill and of course Im totally out. Ive been filling on average 2 days early. My Doctor did note a few months ago that I was filling 5-7 days early and to back on track of 30 days. The Doc made a point to ad fill dates to my scripts. Now here I sit Ive never given a BS excuse for an early refill in the last year Ive gotten my Meds. My Doc is pretty cool but I dont want to fuck anything up either. So I thought of some things I could say that didnt seem to lame (or maybe they do?lol)

1. Dont know why Im short just looked in the bottle and all gone. Add you had a Party and had some people working on the house and any of them couldnt have taken them.

2. I had other pain the forced me to compensate with extra meds. I did see her for other pain but never bought up increase in meds.

3. I lost em ! I know the oldest fucker in the book but that shit could happen...

4. Not worth the risk and just suffer like the dumb ass I am for eaten too fast.

upstate_007
05-30-2008, 11:12 AM
If the doc has already noted the early refills and resorted to writing fill dates on the scripts, it sounds like you are already on kinda thin ice. As much as it sucks to think about it.... I would suck it up and wait if I were you. I know it's a lot easier said than done and I don't know if I could take my own advice or not either. It would just be real bad for him to cut you off for being 11 days early.

OxyQueen
05-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Well it sounds like you are already on "thin ice" with the dr.

BUT since it was just Memorial Day...how about saying you had a picnic and you noticed that they were moved to a different part of the bathroom cabinet and were short XX amount of pills????

That had worked for me in the past. But it would suck to have you totally cut off by doctor over THIS.

If i was to make an excuse...it would be the picnic thing. You had all your neighbors over, and friends and family. He will probably yell at ya, telling you NEVER to leave them in a medicine cabinet...act nieve

Lots of luck and let us know what you decide to do. 11 days is a L-O-N-G ways away...i am sorry you are dealing with this!

Mallinckrodt
05-30-2008, 11:41 AM
If the doc has already noted the early refills and resorted to writing fill dates on the scripts, it sounds like you are already on kinda thin ice. As much as it sucks to think about it.... I would suck it up and wait if I were you. I know it's a lot easier said than done and I don't know if I could take my own advice or not either. It would just be real bad for him to cut you off for being 11 days early.

I agree. Just take the pain for the sake of the script. Like upstate said, if he already made an issue out of your early refills then your doc is obviously paying attention to things like this. I definitely wouldn't say that someone stole them, I don't know why but that just sounds sketchy to me. If you say you lost them, I think that might look bad too. The doc doesn't want to write scripts for strong narcotics to a patient that is not responsible enough to take care of them, a child could find them and od or something. Maybe use the 'extra pain=extra meds' excuse and get a higher dose next month or maybe he'll cut you off altogether.

You just never know and in situations like this, considering how hard it is to find a good doc who is compassionate enough to write for narcotics, I would bite the bullet and wait it out. Don't you have any other source of "relief?" A friend perhaps?

Good luck and hang in there, I don't know if I could do it but that would be my advice.

More Feen
05-30-2008, 11:45 AM
I can get an Rx5-7 days early if I will be on holiday (vacation) during the normal refill time.

This usually works okay with the doctor and with the pharmacy.

Usually they are both okay with a one-week lead, anything more than that, they tend to avoid. My refill is of a med that would be Schedule II in the US.

MF

roxi*stardust
05-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Sounds like you might have your doctor suspecting something. All of the excuses you had above for being short on meds are...well.....TERRIBLE! I would not say any of them. Saying they were lost or stolen is bad because if you signed a pain contract I can guarentee that it stimpulated that you keep you meds safe from theft and the lost or stolen meds will not be replaced. Hell even if you didn't sign this type of contract, that's a sure fire way to piss your doctor off; you know not being cautious with "dangerous" prescription drugs, especially ones that he/she wrote.

The best way to get your script early is to say you are leaving for vacation, make sure the doctor knows that your insurance "won't pay for scripts filled out of the network". That's hard these days with all the chain stores but you could say that, depending on what insurance you have, your insurance only pays at certain pharmacies. That works well if you have state medicade or work for a hospital (most hospitals require that you use their pharmacy to get you scripts filled), or another company that is in the healthcare business.

If you want my opinion, I would not push my luck right now. ESPECIALLY since you doctor noted that you have been filling early.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your script for, what is the quanity written for, and what are the directions. There are things you can do depending on your meds and the directions.

upstate_007
05-30-2008, 01:36 PM
If you do the 'vacation' thing, keep in mind that it does not set the ticker to zero for your timetable either.

If you are 11 days out right now and get a vacation script you will be expected to have enough to last you 41 days. You would have to ration out that script to compensate for the 11 lost days or you will be in the same situation next month.

bluesubaru
05-30-2008, 01:47 PM
i'd stick it out man, not worth lying to your doc and arousing suspicion since you have filled early before

syn2600
05-30-2008, 10:45 PM
hold out man. Yeah you might get sick, but its a blessing in disguise, it'll teach you a lesson about managing your meds, and that first taste is going to be bliss. Its too close to risk loosing the whole script. Dont do it, Not worth it. You might not even get the script at all, and still loose your script, or atleast fuck up your doc trusting you.

Mallinckrodt
05-30-2008, 11:22 PM
If you do the 'vacation' thing, keep in mind that it does not set the ticker to zero for your timetable either.

If you are 11 days out right now and get a vacation script you will be expected to have enough to last you 41 days. You would have to ration out that script to compensate for the 11 lost days or you will be in the same situation next month.

This is a really good point. No matter what happens, you are going to have to deal with those dreaded 11 days sooner or later. Might as well get them over with now and avoid risking your script for good.

Armegeddon73
05-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Get a hold of some Tramadol to hold you over. Not great, but sure beats being sick (especially if you work) and sure beats risking that juicy script, for whatever it is. Good luck.
ARM

Papa Verine
05-31-2008, 12:00 AM
I agree with the vast majority here. He's already suspicious of you any of the ideas you've come up with so far are going to get you labeled "drug seeker" for good. You have to wait.

Don't you have any friends/connections for opiates? Can you buy some off the street to keep you going until re-fill day?

kingzilla
05-31-2008, 01:04 AM
Alright Im getting my script 5 days early. No fuss except now I have to go to the Bahama's or Im a liar lol

Thanks all for the advice !

roxi*stardust
05-31-2008, 06:25 AM

i'd stick it out man, not worth lying to your doc and arousing suspicion since you have filled early before

Alright Im getting my script 5 days early. No fuss except now I have to go to the Bahama's or Im a liar lol

Thanks all for the advice !

upstate makes a good point! When I would get my script early for a "vacation" the doctor would subtract the days I was early from the script.

Being that your doctor suspects something, snice he noted you filling early, I would chill. I would not ask for them early and would try my as off to not ask again for a while.

Good luck!

kingzilla
05-31-2008, 07:10 AM
Yeah the script does note the 5 days so I have to account for those this month. This is the very first time Ive actually asked for it early with an excuse. The other times I got it early and I mean only by a few days was because the policy is call 5 days ahead with any script to allow them to fill it. In otherwords they dont want all patients calling in refills the day they need them. Sometimes the nurse would say script ready a few days before the due time and I would just fill it that day. I should note I have no Contract at all and its my regular Doctor not a PM Dr. I agree though I wont rock the boat anymore I dont wanna get left with nuttin'

h.john
05-31-2008, 09:30 AM
yeah short of having proof you have something wrong, IE a kidney stone ect, just wait it out, or slow down next time and taper. 1 week per month I taper over 3 days and then have a week off with a weaker narcotic,
I go from 20mg oxy IR 6 times daily down to 5mg x2 daily at the end of day 3, then i have tylenol T3's.

best of luck, are you running out because you under medicated? or you just like taking them???
if ur undermedicated you need to talk to your doc, because its dangerous.