PDA

View Full Version : methadone taper/detox

ChemicalBliss
05-12-2008, 02:32 AM
Alright I have been on MMT this time since late july(around christmas) and peaked at 60mg in the first 2 weeks. I stayed at 60mg until about 2 months ago I tapered to 34mg which is the dose I am at today. I am getting ready to move soon and want of the done ASAP. Well there is a free 14 day/17 days in my case program where it is a 14 day taper, started at 30mg and you decrease 2mg a day until 0. I was just curious since I'm already at 34mg(have benn for maybe 10 days) how bad the WD process will get, and maybe even how long the whole thing will last after the last 2mg dose.I have used but only I'd say 100 2"-5" medium strenght pods this past week if that makes a difference. Any advice would be very greatful as I am due to start tommorow morning or tues morning.thanks in advance.

SynthMorph
05-12-2008, 02:42 AM
I've kicked methadone twice this being the second time around. First time was at 40mg and it was fuckin horrible and really traumatic. Without my valium, temazepam and codeine I wouldn't have gotten through. This time around I got off 130mg with the help of morphine and opium but it was still fuckin shaky up untill day 8. Get on a shorter acting opiate or do the taper because methadone withdrawals can last up to 6 weeks or more and they make you feel like you wanna die so be careful. It really fucks with the old knoggin.

DCBA
05-19-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm just about to start bringing home my take ways, i get 7 bottles of around 15ml with 115mgs of methadone.

Because i want to save methadone for a rainny day, i will just start taking 45mgs every day without tapering, saving me around 500mg of meth per week for rainny days, like beeing expeled from the clinic due to heroin use.. can be, has happened before..
DO you think i will WD bad going from 115 to 45mgs daily, i'm on meth for 2 months..

Pantopon Pete
05-19-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm a little confused. Have you been on MMT since late July, or since Christmas? And have you been at 34mg for 2 months, or for the past 10 days?

Either way, tapering off 30 mg in 14 days isn't gonna be pleasant by any stretch of the imagination, but it could be a lot worse. The last time I was detoxed for dirties, I was at 105mg, and my clinic does a 28 day taper for disciplinary detoxes. It really wasn't all that terrible. But, truth be told, I started using dope again a week after I was completely off meth, so I may not be the best judge. But it really wasn't too bad, both at the low end of the taper, and for the week after it was finished.

So my advice would be to see if you have the option of doing a 28 day taper. If it was bearable from 105mg, it will probably be a cakewalk from 34mg.

Diluted
05-19-2008, 01:35 PM
methadone ruined my brain. I was in a perpetual state of withdrawal for months afterwards. I don't know how you people do it. Of course, I jumped off at 180 -- but can't you just imagine being at week 3 with no sleep and no food and you haven't shaved and your brain is going WRRRRRRRRRR.... scary! I also envy those people who can function while being sick. Good luck my friend. Methadone withdrawals turn me into a zombie for weeks on end. I know this advice is over-used and over-rated, but maybe find some subs? Dose, wait four days, take a sub. Maybe it'd be a little less painful. Just be easy on your self.. take your time..

Mallinckrodt
05-19-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't think he can "be easy on himself" or "take his time." It's a forced detox, right? Anyway, I am just curious how that works. It must be different from state to state because where I'm at, nobody gets booted for dirty drops (lately there have been a few extreme benzo cases).

I've said it here before, there is a dude at my clinic who has been there for 5 years and counting and has still never given one clean drop from opi's. Not one, seriously. Dude still shoots up as much smack as he can get his hands on each and every.

I don't know how or why he still does it, but he does. I can't imagine he feels much, they actually gave him increases regularly to try and combat the 'cravings' for the first little bit.

So, is it state to state? Clinic to clinic maybe? Maybe you guys are referring to free state clinics and therein lies the difference. I know, at least where I go, all they worry about is that payment each week. As long as the $'s there, you dose. I can see a free state clinic getting fed up with doling out free treatment to someone who continues to use though.

Chicago
05-19-2008, 02:19 PM
I agree %100.
When u end u hitting 20mg it becomes the hardest to keep getting lower, ask anyone who has been on meth 7 detoxed off it, that when you hit 20mg.

The last 20mg is the "HARDEST" to get off of.

In ur case being on it for awhile then being at 34mg, then doing a 14day detox at 2mg a day is 28mg?

I no in county jails in crook county illinois whatever dose you may be on they do a 21day detox off meth, my ex went in on 70mg, & went 21day off of 70 & it was about 3-4mg a day. She says it was not that bad but you gotta look at all the distractions she had.

I think it will be a hole lot different being out in the real world.
So when u completely off, go see a addiction med dr, & tell him that u just detoxed off meth & feel real uncomfortable, clonodine & klonopin would make a world of difference.

I've kicked methadone twice this being the second time around. First time was at 40mg and it was fuckin horrible and really traumatic. Without my valium, temazepam and codeine I wouldn't have gotten through. This time around I got off 130mg with the help of morphine and opium but it was still fuckin shaky up untill day 8. Get on a shorter acting opiate or do the taper because methadone withdrawals can last up to 6 weeks or more and they make you feel like you wanna die so be careful. It really fucks with the old knoggin.

Chicago
05-19-2008, 02:34 PM
I go threw this all the time when I use to get kicked outta clinics of bills or selling pharms in there which was bull shit, they just needed to free up a spot b/c state funded only allows certain amount usally around 100pple,
thank god the mmt that I'm at is the biggest I ever seen & they have 850+pple in this clinic 7 great hrs, 6.am.-12:30 closed from 12:45-2p.m. open back up at 2p.m.-5p.m. each day & saturdays 5a.m.-1:30, sunday take homes closed.

Each time I left a clinic & back in the day I use to be at 115mg, It would take me around min 2weeks to get on another mmt clinic, b/c I go state funded free,

But if I wanted to get on that day & pay 50-60buks a week then u get on that day.
We got atleast 2mmt in each burb & over 200mmt clinics in chi that are stae funded, thats not even pay.

back 2 op, yea I do that shit all the time & when getting locked up i have to wait 3-4days to get dosed again, so I end up losing about 10lbs & do not sleep for 5 days aswell & feel like a zombie in a daze weak as hell. SUCKS I NO

methadone ruined my brain. I was in a perpetual state of withdrawal for months afterwards. I don't know how you people do it. Of course, I jumped off at 180 -- but can't you just imagine being at week 3 with no sleep and no food and you haven't shaved and your brain is going WRRRRRRRRRR.... scary! I also envy those people who can function while being sick. Good luck my friend. Methadone withdrawals turn me into a zombie for weeks on end. I know this advice is over-used and over-rated, but maybe find some subs? Dose, wait four days, take a sub. Maybe it'd be a little less painful. Just be easy on your self.. take your time..