PDA

View Full Version : Ms Contin: Snorting vs.sublingual ingestion?

NARKOS
02-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Which would provide the longest high, snorting(intranasal) or sublingual(under the tongue)? I have 30 mg MS Contins. I have been snorting half of a pill crushed but the high doesn't seem to last very long. Oral consumption lasts 8-12 hrs, too long for me too do anything important. Smoking in a vaporizer seems to work, but there is NO drowsiness at all(but my pupils pinpoint so i know the morphine is being ingested properly)? Any ideas anyone?:) addition: I also take 0.5 mg of klonopin daily for panic attacks, and have noticed that my pupils stay pinpointed for long periods of time when snorting the pills.Any reason why?

Bad Monkey
02-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Have you tried to seperate the morph from all the crap,this will leave you a more potentent yeild,thus allowing you to do much more with it.I think snorting this 'freebase' will have the desired effect.

But what I'm not sure of is how long the buzz will last.That is the controlled release is due to a compressed of the tablet?or morf thats geneticly modifyed strain designed to last longer.

jab
02-28-2006, 11:51 AM
My vote is neither.

MSContin is best either orally, as scripted, or IV. Sublingual will not defeat the time matrix. Snorting is horrible, as it doesn't beat the time realease matrix, and once in contact with nasal liquid will gel up in your nose; making you lose some of the precious goods.

Oxycontin is good insuflated, but not MSContin. Good luck.

Paregoric Kid
02-28-2006, 12:53 PM
morphine is a complete waste taken orally. from the studies I've read on sublingual morphine administration it seems that most people end up swallowing the morphine solution instead of having most of it be absorbed sublingually. so if you can snort the brand of morphine you have go ahead. IV is the best and plugging is just as good as an IM injection, so I've read.
some brands are a pain in the ass to break the time release. kadians are the best extended release I've seen, you just crush the beads to break the time release mechanism.

GMorris
02-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Of the two or three different brands I've encountered, all of them were perfectly snortable, and I enjoyed them just as much as an IR. If they are crushed VERY fine, it will defeat some or most of the timed-release mechanism in my experience. Of course, everyone is different so I say give it a try and if you don't like it, try some other way. Now as for sublingual, I have serious doubts that it will do much good. I've held the IR's in my mouth for a period of time, but the biggest problem I have is that I'll salivate so much that I end up with a mouth full of spit and have to swallow it eventually. Unless someone makes a formulation specifically for sub, it's not likely to be very efficient, and especially with the MSContin!

exitwound
03-05-2006, 06:08 PM
What about crushing an MSContin, dissolving the powder in water (or in the case of the Endo mscontin, it becomes a sustained-release gel that only releases a little faster than the tablet does when solid), and plugging?

Since the Endo version I get doesn't fully dissolve in water, does rectal administration make any sense? Will the increased absorption level make up for the potential lost intake due to not being able to keep the gel in contact with the intestinal lining for its full dissolution time?

ontario_opiophile
03-15-2006, 02:26 AM
Snorting is a fucking waste. I haven't snorted for years but when I was younger I used to rail shit all the time and it didn't work very well. In my opinon, oral administration is better. The amount of drug that gets wasted up the nose is too much. It always sticks to the nose and clumps up or goes too far and goes directly down your throat, orally. I just don't like it. But it seems to work well for other people so who the fuck knows? Also, the taste is shitty. I don't like the drip at all. The only drip I was ever fond of was a cocaine drip. Cocaine stands alone because it has an anesthetic effect on the nose and throat, thus giving you no shitty taste. I hate cocaine but god I have fond memories of the drip. I just can't imagine railing an MS contin or MS instant release. I just dislike the feeling you get in your nasal/throat area. I don't mind the taste of pills sublingually, I just dislike the taste when it's went up my nose. Most of the shit you sniff up your nose ends up dribbling down your throat anyways so I don't really see the points of going the nasal route. I prefer oral to sublingual but I don't mind sublingual, I think it's pretty cool. Everyone has their own preferences though, none of the routes of admin are wrong. I wonder if there is any routes of administration that we haven't talked about. There must be some weird shit. Like Subpenile lmao. Or vaginal. Oh god..imagine that.

bogumil
03-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Voted for snorting but only cause I had to choose one. I snorted the IR and the crushed long times and I have the feeling that the long times are working better when snorted. But somehow it makes me only tired.

alowishus
03-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Gotta brown those boys!!! :o

Waste waste waste!!!! I hate waste, and to do anything else is a big waste.

exitwound
03-27-2006, 12:06 AM
Gotta brown those boys!!! :o

Waste waste waste!!!! I hate waste, and to do anything else is a big waste.

Will an MS Contin absorb well rectally compared to orally? Will the Endo variety, which gel up effectively no matter how well finely crushed, really stay in contact with the anal mucosa long enough for that to make sense?

alowishus
03-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Swim says so....worked fine for him. He had the NAAP brand which would do the same (jell up) he just added more water.... you don't want a gooy mass:p

I think you'll get a couple of "here here's" from people around here on this one.

Necking is just so wasteful even if you use tag and/or grapefruit.

God_Albino
01-24-2009, 03:37 PM
my tolerance is too high for oral/snorting to do any good, but i can never get the trick to work on beating the gelly.

i thought i finally got it right last time, i got the shit to one side, but it ended up gelling back up any way.

i hate wasting them, but until i can get a clean shot out of one whatre you gonna do

duck
01-24-2009, 04:36 PM
I've never had any brand of extended release morphine that was anything but absolute hell to snort. My nose still feels weird every once in a while from this one time I snorted a MS Contin 100. Will never do that again.

People always say it's a waste to eat it, but I have gotten off quite nicely from eating the Avinza 120's, MS Contin 60s and MS Contin 100's.

Poppylvr
01-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Will an MS Contin absorb well rectally compared to orally? Will the Endo variety, which gel up effectively no matter how well finely crushed, really stay in contact with the anal mucosa long enough for that to make sense?
Wipe the coating off the pill & let it dry.
Grind the ms contin to a very fine powder, add water.
Then plug that baby! If you use the search engine here you will find an excellent thread on how to plug drugs, and ms contin really absorbs best rectally. At your drug store you can purchase a 5 cc syringe with a soft silicone tube designed to give babies medicine by mouth. Trim the tube length down and this makes a world class plugging device.
Enjoy.

ka11ink
01-24-2009, 07:25 PM
morphine is a complete waste taken orally. from the studies I've read on sublingual morphine administration it seems that most people end up swallowing the morphine solution instead of having most of it be absorbed sublingually. so if you can snort the brand of morphine you have go ahead. IV is the best and plugging is just as good as an IM injection, so I've read.
some brands are a pain in the ass to break the time release. kadians are the best extended release I've seen, you just crush the beads to break the time release mechanism.

Is there any difference between kadian and avinza, I've yet to find any.

sunsrequiem
01-24-2009, 07:45 PM
I love IV morph...u only get what...30% maybe from taking it orally? And yes...snorting burns the nose. Every time i do it, i always say i'll never do it again.

duck
01-24-2009, 07:49 PM
I highly, highly suggest anyone using the Avinza or Kadian morphine check out my new tutorial here: http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=20893

It works incredibly well and gets rid of all those plastic balls!

alowishus
01-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Wipe the coating off the pill & let it dry.
Grind the ms contin to a very fine powder, add water.
Then plug that baby! If you use the search engine here you will find an excellent thread on how to plug drugs, and ms contin really absorbs best rectally. At your drug store you can purchase a 5 cc syringe with a soft silicone tube designed to give babies medicine by mouth. Trim the tube length down and this makes a world class plugging device.
Enjoy.

If anyone looked and saw just how old this thread was......
Sorry Poppylvr but exitwound left this board years ago. So did everyone else in this thread besides myself and Paregoric Kid. :o

Paregoric Kid
01-25-2009, 08:03 PM
I haven't seen avinzas around that many times but I do remember them seeming to be practically the same as kadians. I like that it comes in 120mg as opposed to the 100mg kadians but the 200mg kadians are sweet.

rachamim18
01-31-2009, 02:15 PM
Keep in mind that the only way to really boost bio or peak is to inject, and you should NEVER inject oral meds. Orally, rectally, or intransally you will not have any different results (apart from onset).

There are ways to increase it, primarily using med-grade chitosan, but it has to be compounded correctly and is not as simple as some might think.

ReadyMade
01-31-2009, 02:55 PM
I chose snorting because it always seems to work the best for me. The little purple 30s is what led me into the world of opiates, I was 15 when I first tried it and since then, opiates have become the love of my life.

These days, when I do obtain Ms Contin, it is usually the malli 100's. If im not hurting and don't need it right away, I usually crush up the pill (or several pills for that matter) and let them sit overnight in however many mL of water I need to properly dissolve the pill(s) and defeat the time-release. In the morning, I filter out the goo that is left, and put the remaining solution in a nasal spray bottle and toot the solution of morphine.

This is the only way I use morphine if i dont have any rigs, and it seems to work alot faster and stronger than just simply snorting the powder.

Swellin
01-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Good idea, im going to definitly try the nasal spray idea, ive been going through w/d for fuck i think its been like 20days of hell, and im getting 60 or maybe 120 60mg mscontin on monday and the waiting is killing me. I cant seem to keep my mind off of it not going though wd that much any more, or at all its just this mind game.

Woody Bear
03-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Keep in mind that the only way to really boost bio or peak is to inject, and you should NEVER inject oral meds. Orally, rectally, or intransally you will not have any different results (apart from onset).

I agree that you should never inject oral medications. But stating orally, rectally, or intranasally you will not have any different results, this is simply not true. The different bio-availability of opiates by different routes is very well documented. This is a measure of how much of the drug is actually absorbed, bio-availability is not a measurement of how quickly the drug is absorbed, although they are follow the same pattern.

The Route of Administration (ROA) in order from the most effective, to least effective generally goes:
IV > IM/SC > Rectal > Nasal > sublingual > oral

That's basically it, there are differences for different drugs, for example, with oxycodone oral is more effective than nasal. And with morphine, because the oral dose is so large, it's difficult to absorb much sub-lingually. But that's generally how drugs are absorbed.

opiALOVE
03-29-2009, 09:31 PM
ive snorted, plugged, IMd, IVd all brands of MS. if you dont wanna IV, which i dont reccomend then you gotto go brown, as alow said. but fer sure IV is the best, awsome rush.. but NO LEGS, go brown you got legs... also i dont think oral is a waste. if i take 10-15 of my 30 mg MScontin, i get a good high that last hours. i love the oral high of morph. but you gotta take alot because oral bioavailabilty is only 30%.. so dose high

luvrofopies
03-30-2009, 05:49 PM
ive done morphine in every single roa. and snorting is by far the worst. fucking 10-15 percent bioavailability from snorting....thats even less than oral. iv morph is pretty good and the rush is quite unique, but it doesnt last long. now plugging is the way to go here folks. i have to agree that it is on par with IM administration but with a little longer duration. please no more snorting i hate it when people waste drugs just because they think snorting is the best way to take any drug, and when it comes to morph it certainly isn't.

chemiKalz
04-02-2009, 05:07 PM
I just tried plugging for the first time...
60mg IR morphine I figured the best ROA would be to plug aside from injecting, and I only had 1 dirty rig. I crushed the pill to a powder and put it in some warm water that I had in an enema....

it was not fun, but I definetley feel it. I had to try 2 positions because some was leaking in the first position, so I put my legs over my head rofl and did it that way. Some orange globs are still stuck in the enema but I figure that its filler and glue etc.

edit: after looking up the pill from what I remember I guess the pill is extended release...I hope it still works ok plugged since I crushed it as fine as I could??

Swellin
04-02-2009, 05:58 PM
The thing with the slow release is no matter how fine you can get the powder i find that some morphine always stays binded with the wax or what ever the time release is. I know this because if i take 200mg Mscontin i can go the next day with out feeling any w/d. If i take 200mg MS Instant release i start feeling withdrawals the next day.

PhoenixRisen
04-11-2009, 09:20 PM
When I've used the oblong 60 endo, if I try to chew them up and dissolve them in my mouth, the gelling effect kind if gets eliminated. Then it's just a tasty morphine juice that hits pretty fast.

SeVeN
04-14-2009, 10:04 PM
When I've used the oblong 60 endo, if I try to chew them up and dissolve them in my mouth, the gelling effect kind if gets eliminated. Then it's just a tasty morphine juice that hits pretty fast.

I would call morphine juice anything but tasty lol

HandMeSomeOpiates
04-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Yall remember that post I started about me snorting the green 30mg MScontins and it clogging my nose and for an hour green globs were running outta my nose?? haha

Well, I found out a way to do it without any problems. It might sound funny but, I Nasal spray the fuck out of desired nostril and rail it and bam I'm good haha Taking them orally just wasn't giving me that oomphh I wanted.
Just thought I'd share that :p

jcmanny
05-06-2009, 06:06 AM
Yall remember that post I started about me snorting the green 30mg MScontins and it clogging my nose and for an hour green globs were running outta my nose?? haha

Well, I found out a way to do it without any problems. It might sound funny but, I Nasal spray the fuck out of desired nostril and rail it and bam I'm good haha Taking them orally just wasn't giving me that oomphh I wanted.
Just thought I'd share that :p

Every MS I've ever done has clogged the hell out of my nose. I had some blue 60s (never bothered to check manu) that gave me blue snot for a day. I think they were blue and 60s.

Anyways I need to try a new method as I have some 100s waiting for me and last time I had them I barely felt anything. I tried snorting and chewing/oral.

Noobs sux.

HandMeSomeOpiates
05-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Every MS I've ever done has clogged the hell out of my nose. I had some blue 60s (never bothered to check manu) that gave me blue snot for a day. I think they were blue and 60s.

Anyways I need to try a new method as I have some 100s waiting for me and last time I had them I barely felt anything. I tried snorting and chewing/oral.

Noobs sux.
Yeah, I think I was lying to myself.... or it was because I was outta opies at the time I snorted the MS 30's. Snorting them feels no different then eating them. Eating them actually felt slightly better I would say.

omar
05-06-2009, 04:57 PM
best way for oral morph is to microwave shot glass of water to boil, insert crushed pills, let cool and drink. this honestly really works way better than just chewing/parachuting/sniffing.

Patches
05-10-2009, 01:42 AM
Years ago,would rail these 3 meds mentioned,always had a concern about pulmonary problems as a result.....especially for someone with asthma,COPD,or other breathing issues.......in the interest of Harm Reduction,does anybody have any information on this subject?? I have searched on more then one occasion and not found anything either way,which is good I guess..........No news is good news........but....after using a grinder,some of these break down to what appears to be the kinda stuff you would wear a mask to avoid during a dust-storm or similar shit........Ive read about alot of the 911 WTC rescue workers having chronic, and fatal ,lung conditions from breathing in the "dust" blowin around during the clean-up over there. Any of our health staff have an opinion/info on this?? Patches

alowishus
05-10-2009, 01:53 AM
I haven't read really too much of this thread, but I just wanted to ask why would anyone given the GREAT way OC's are necked, would you do anything other then necked them?

It's like why would you smoke blotter, (LSD for those that don't know what blotter is)? Or IV weed?

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?

losangeleslifer
05-10-2009, 01:59 AM
I haven't read really too much of this thread, but I just wanted to ask why would anyone given the GREAT way OC's are necked, would you do anything other then necked them?

It's like why would you smoke blotter, (LSD for those that don't know what blotter is)? Or IV weed?

Well given the first sentence of your post, I'd say because their talking about morph not oxy. Just sayin though.:D

alowishus
05-10-2009, 02:05 AM
Well given the first sentence of your post, I'd say because their talking about morph not oxy. Just sayin though.

:o:o:o:o:o

HandMeSomeOpiates
06-03-2009, 03:21 PM
This debate is so back and forth. The poll says snort so I guess I'll do it. Morphine is so weak when not IV'ed IME and my tolerance is only 90mg hydro a day

jersey_emt
06-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Snorting morphine has an extremely low bioavailability, even compared to the shitty oral biovailability.

If you are not going to IV it, your best bet is to plug it. After that, eating is the next best choice.

oxymoron530
07-01-2009, 02:42 AM
For some reason, snorting it suddenly sucks for me. It seems to take forever to kick in, and on top of that, the high is weak and lasts maybe an hour if I'm lucky. It might be tolerance building up, I guess. A 60 used to suit me just fine, for like a day and a half. I think I might try sublingual.

Swellin
07-01-2009, 03:55 AM
Ive tried the sub lingual with my 60mg mscontin but shit my saliva washes all the morph down my throat before it gets absorbed wich sucks because sub lingual benzos kick so much ass. As for snorting morphine no fuckin way. Ive been taking prescription morphine for two years now, ive tried every route of admin and snorting is my least favorite. First obviously is IV which is the greatest ever, next I would say Oral if im low on my meds ill plug it as a last resort because plugging really works great im just not fond of shoving something up my ass. Snorting yuck just does not seem to do anything for me with morphine.

defenestrate
07-01-2009, 09:45 PM
I'd say with standard release M of any kind, IM/IV>snorting>oral, but with the time-release gelling sort, if you aren't extracting it, you might as well just go with oral. That said, I could see perhaps an alcohol or glycerin base with the pill in it perhaps being more effective aublingually than it ordinarily would be.

dugwylor
07-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Snorting is a fucking waste. I haven't snorted for years but when I was younger I used to rail shit all the time and it didn't work very well. In my opinon, oral administration is better. The amount of drug that gets wasted up the nose is too much.
This is the truth. Morphine has very low lipid solubility and they find that snorting it often just leads to it getting absorbed in the stomach... so that its bioavailability is often even lower than oral.

If you're not going to filter and shoot it, rectal is where it's at from what I've read. I'm not certain on how the gelling affects it.

30_Units
08-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Perhaps it was only owing to their ginormous size, but the pf200's always seemed vurry nice up the shnoz. No sort of gelling or other grossness. Ahh the days of yore when the norco tens would hold and 200mg morph pills were everywhere

alb123
08-16-2009, 03:57 PM
I've recently been prescribed 15mg MS Contin pills. Not only are the incredibly weak compared to variety of narcotics I've been prescribed over the last 8-10 months, but, snorting is just a complete waste, imo. They gel in the nasal passage so much...Hopefullly, my doctor switches me to something else SOON. Until then, I'll just take them orally.

hopefiend
08-16-2009, 07:31 PM
eww memories of my nose spewing out green slime from sniffing the old m 200's

zketrouble
08-17-2009, 06:58 AM
I swore on my nostril that I would never again snort any pill...whether or not MS Contin is sublingually active I don't know but eating it always works too:).

zketrouble
08-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Wikipedia states that the routes of ingestion for morphine are: inhalation, insufflation, oral, rectal, subcutaneous, IM, IV. It doesn't say anything about sublingual. The only pill I ever had luck with sublingually were Kpins.

And the reason why it seems like weak-ass shit is probably due to the fact that MS Contin is time release. There are ways of turning a time-release product into the real deal, however most methods which use only household equipment are somewhat inefficient, and are difficult to perform unless you have a shitload of pills. I might look into this more later and if I do I'll let you know.:)

zketrouble
08-17-2009, 08:58 AM
This debate is so back and forth. The poll says snort so I guess I'll do it. Morphine is so weak when not IV'ed IME and my tolerance is only 90mg hydro a day

While you never implied that you were ever thinking about IVing it, just to be safe I will note that IVing MS Contin is very very dangerous as the time release mechanism uses a wax, doesn't take a big chunk of that to get to your heart and ur dead.

antifox
08-20-2009, 06:12 PM

This is a very big common misconception.

The bioavalialblity of anal morphine is very close to oral. This also applies to morphones.

Woody Bear
08-20-2009, 07:47 PM
The bioavailability of rectal dosing depends a lot on how much gets absorbed into feces. I've read studies that gave figures of 10 - 90% bioavailability for rectal dosing. But for daily dosing of cancer patients, the average figure was said to be close enough to oral dosing that it said the amount given should be the same.

There was an other study, showing that if the morphine was mixed into a gel and plugged, the average dosing efficiency went up, but the peak bioavailability went down. What was happening, was that the gel prevented the morphine being absorbed into feces and being wasted, but the gel also prevented all of the morphine from being absorbed.

Basically, rectal dosing can give a bioavailability close to IM, but only if the drug isn't absorbed into feces. So it's not a route of choice for daily opiate users or anyone with chronic constipation.

Ickyuck
11-23-2009, 09:50 PM
I am Closing This Poll, jeebus.

Thanat0s
11-23-2009, 10:07 PM
fuck it.
"im sorry"

but it WASNT me.
and then it tempted me
icky

it tempted me
and i gave in.

but i didnt
do till you had already
were all
"wtf"

so.
:cool:

Ickyuck
11-23-2009, 10:14 PM
'Tis ok, 'T0s. I am just preventing all future cornburgerlers from upping thee thread.