PDA

View Full Version : effects from snorting

smoothupnu69
04-24-2008, 02:27 PM
i have been snorting roxi's for about 6 months nonstop i was jujst wondering about any medical problems that i might incur from prolonged snorting!

reddragon3668
04-24-2008, 02:45 PM
I don't think you have much to worry about snorting Roxi's, its not near as damaging as somthing like coke. Coke will eat frickin' holes in you nasal passages if you do it long enough. Roxi's, though, crush up so fine, I don't think their that hard on the nose. Besides the occasional sinus infections or huge boogers from hell, its fairly benign. Just try and keep your nose moist. I use a saline spray that helps really well on keeping the mucous membranes of the nose nice and moist.

BTW, why exactly do you snort your roxi's? I just got switched last month to the 10mg Opana IR's, but before that I was on Roxi 30mg for quite a while. I couldn't snort more than 90mg at a time or it would make me sick to my stomach for some reason. The onset was quicker, but didn't last near as long and wasn't near as strong overall as it is taking it orally. The bio-availability goes down quite a bit with snorting, and its near 100% bio-available when taken orally. Doing it all the time seems like a big waste. Do you get some kind of rush or something that makes you want to do them that way all the time? Just wondering.

Be safe!

cg5
04-24-2008, 08:02 PM
possible some kind or lung infection of chronic disorder ( even though some people dont beleive this i really think a small amount of powder once inhaled throuh the nose gets into your lungs and builds up over time), sinus infection,, clogged nose all the time,, and wideining of the nasal passagee ( definatly not as bad as coke but still does some damage)...

smoothupnu69
04-24-2008, 08:11 PM
I don't think you have much to worry about snorting Roxi's, its not near as damaging as somthing like coke. Coke will eat frickin' holes in you nasal passages if you do it long enough. Roxi's, though, crush up so fine, I don't think their that hard on the nose. Besides the occasional sinus infections or huge boogers from hell, its fairly benign. Just try and keep your nose moist. I use a saline spray that helps really well on keeping the mucous membranes of the nose nice and moist.

BTW, why exactly do you snort your roxi's? I just got switched last month to the 10mg Opana IR's, but before that I was on Roxi 30mg for quite a while. I couldn't snort more than 90mg at a time or it would make me sick to my stomach for some reason. The onset was quicker, but didn't last near as long and wasn't near as strong overall as it is taking it orally. The bio-availability goes down quite a bit with snorting, and its near 100% bio-available when taken orally. Doing it all the time seems like a big waste. Do you get some kind of rush or something that makes you want to do them that way all the time? Just wondering.

Be safe!
yeah i guess its just the act of snorting? i seem to get off better its prolly all in my fucked up head, but last month i ran out of my roxi's a couple days early but i have a lil stash of oxycontin 40's i shoot those up my ass with a baby syringe. anyway while i was waiting at the drug store for my script i was looking for mirrors and razors i never found any so i leave the drug store and drive to another store still no mirrors or razors that were practical so i come out and sit in my car like a damn idiot (shouldve just ate the damn things) i finally took the mirror off of my visor and crushed with a dime and cut it up best i could with a credit card then rolled up a damn dollar and finally i got my fix! afterwards i sat and thought about how fuking stupid i was i came to the conclusion that it is just the simple act of snorting that i crave!

EleusisII
04-24-2008, 08:11 PM
i have been snorting roxi's for about 6 months nonstop i was jujst wondering about any medical problems that i might incur from prolonged snorting!

Yes... You're wasting your damn pills, thats your problem right there.
It was made to be ingested for a reason.

Keep in mind, snorting drugs doesn't make you cool. Doing them in the first place is what makes you cool!

smoothupnu69
04-24-2008, 08:13 PM
yes i have noticed about once a week i have a serious stopped up nose .every time i snort i chase it with "ocean" saline solution

Thebane
04-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Don't you swallow most of it eventually anyway? Even if you do snort it. I dunno, I guess not since so many people say it's shorter acting, but it seems like what isn't absorbed through your mucous membranes should eventually be swallowed in the drip, guess not though.

EleusisII
04-24-2008, 08:15 PM
The couple of times I tries snorting oxys, yeah, it went right through... I swallowed most of it.

Thebane
04-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Few times I've tried snorting it felt like some went right through and I inhaled it into my lungs. Doesn't seem like that can be good for you and I don't think I just imagined it. Of course my sinuses could be weird so maybe most people don't inhale any, but I haven't snorted in a long time because of it.

Niogio
04-24-2008, 08:20 PM
I don't think their that hard on the nose.
huh?

The_Tortured_Soul
04-24-2008, 11:09 PM
I understand your snorting habit. I am fasinated and quite enjoy snorting drugs, but since I tried banging that is my new preference. 100% absorbsion directly into the blood stream. Plus the whole act of spiking my vein it is romantic in a sick way.

The_Tortured_Soul
04-24-2008, 11:12 PM
I don't usually snort drugs much because my sinuses are always clogged for some reason even though I have not abused my nose. Also I don't feel I absorb enough of the drug. The first time I ever shot up was cocaine. I'd love to do a good speedball one day.

L0VE
04-25-2008, 05:23 AM
Well I quit (snorting ocs) for a year so here's what I've noticed:
I used to get really bad colds, of the throat and lungs from snorting off of unclean places. Also lost my voice a lot.

I now notced that my nose looks I don't know how to put this but just not as limp. I can't really explain it. My nose used to run a lot and I always looked like I had a cold but now my nose just seems normal. If that made any sense.

L0VE
04-25-2008, 05:25 AM
And you do swallow it but I think snorting goes right to the brain or hits the blood stream fast idk but the drip kicks about 15 minutes later so, Idk but I miss the drip :(.

OxyContinuously
04-25-2008, 08:09 AM
to answer the original question:

---> sinus infections

---> lung infections b/c every time u sniff anything, a little powder finds its way to ur lungs.

Synack
04-25-2008, 07:45 PM
snorting something does take some work, you'll need to work on closing the sinus opening in the back of your throat, and snorting lightly through a straw/bill/etc to ensure it goes into your mucus membrane(sinus cavity), and not down to the lungs.

It does 'hit' faster, and "harder" as it's absorbed, then in the blood - instead of passed through the intestines then into the blood.

cg5
04-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Well I quit (snorting ocs) for a year so here's what I've noticed:
I used to get really bad colds, of the throat and lungs from snorting off of unclean places. Also lost my voice a lot.

I now notced that my nose looks I don't know how to put this but just not as limp. I can't really explain it. My nose used to run a lot and I always looked like I had a cold but now my nose just seems normal. If that made any sense.

ahh man especially a night of snorting... waking up with swollen tonsells, no voice,, man it definatly has some serious side effects if you continue for the rest of your life.... when i use to snort i took breaks say every 2 days by admininstrating it another way.. actually helped,,, if your not scared of needles try skin poping.. i think its 100% availibility and faster onset than snorting.(but thats up to you, not saying just do it but think about it,,but dont progress and start iving becuuase youll just get deeper and deeper in to your addiction).

L0VE
04-25-2008, 09:40 PM
^ Yeah it is pretty nasty. I did it off of some pretty gross surfases and ended up really sick from it. But funny story, I was sick on an important night (I'll leave out the info, since I'm paranoid that someone can read this) and still managed to rail some ocs up my nose even when I could barely breath out of my nose. It was so stuffed up, the shit was falling out.

ndoftaworld
05-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Mmm, nothing like that horrible taste as it drips down ur throat -- heavenly.

Speaking of unclean surfaces, back in the 80's & early 90's (and probably still for some dumbass's) when people would take a quick bump from the toilet lids of clubs/bars...? God, that's like asking for an infection. Oh what we'll do to catch that buzz.

Nd

reddragon3668
05-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Was I not clear?

huh?

I've never seen anybody do it personally, but I have seen it on TV where people use toilet water to IV. Even if its clean water, there's got to be a shit load of bacteria in it. I think I'd have to pass. But, I do know sometimes the beast demands to be fed, and if I were kicking and toilet water was my only source, I'm not sure what I'd do. Hope I never face that situation. But, the beast usually wins, unfortunately.

Mmm, nothing like that horrible taste as it drips down ur throat -- heavenly.

Speaking of unclean surfaces, back in the 80's & early 90's (and probably still for some dumbass's) when people would take a quick bump from the toilet lids of clubs/bars...? God, that's like asking for an infection. Oh what we'll do to catch that buzz.

Nd

ndoftaworld
05-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Ya I had this OLD junky friend once, when we went camping he forgot to bring water and used a 3 day old rain puddle!! You could see the mud in it, and who knows what else he injected into his vein.

EDIT: Oh, to answer the question... I used to love snorting crank and blow, til I got nosebleeds. I usually try all pills up the nose at least once, the only thing I've ever really regretted was Amitryptaline's - burned like satan's snot for almost two days.

Nd

God_Albino
05-03-2008, 06:25 PM
my nose has started to change shape from all the snorting, like its losing its defined curves and is really bendy, i try to avoid it at all cost. and it was all mainly pills, not blow or crank

ndoftaworld
05-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Woowee! Just popped two perc's, and railed another one. Damn, hit me quick as fuck!! Not something I'd do all the time though. Just finished the movie Untraceable, definitely recommend on ops if you haven't seen it yet.

Nd

irish
05-03-2008, 10:39 PM
I would really recommend against snorting percs. All that apap makes me cringe.

God_Albino
05-03-2008, 10:43 PM
first experience with opes (or putting anything in the nose) was blowing three vics, ugh. still know college kids who do this kinda shit on a regular basis, it kills me almost as much as when i read about some of you guys crushing up apap pills on blunts/bowls.

ndoftaworld
05-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Ya, definitely not an everyday thing. I've just been poppin' em all day, so I thought fuckit. 1 perc gave me 4 lines though, so I got enough of that real quick. At least it's only 325mg of apap, could be a LOT worse.

Nd

Wretched and Wicked
05-04-2008, 11:37 AM
I use nasal sprays for my nose. Over the counter stuff will work. Mucinex nose spray is great! Also, if you use an asthma inhaler, it will keep your lungs fairly clear. Learned the hard way when I got a bad case of bronchitis from all the snorting. Just tell your PCP that allergies, etc. are making you weeze. I nod hard when I snort. I love it!!!! I don't personally get the same feeling or pain relief when I take oxy orally.

ndoftaworld
05-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Hey W & W, just curious are you a CP patient, or just a fun loving person??

Nd

Wretched and Wicked
05-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Hey W & W, just curious are you a CP patient, or just a fun loving person??

Nd

I am both. I do see a PM doc and get a script for oxy, but I can't wait 2 hours for it to take effect so I snort too so I can get quick relief. I have had neck surgery and I am a legit as far as pain goes. But, I also love the high from it as well as from other things. I am an in pain partier. :)

Papa Verine
05-04-2008, 12:01 PM
I can't fucking believe some people are snorting Vicodin and Percocet. However, I've spent years and years snorting pharmaceutical amphetamines and heroin, so who am I to judge? Insufflation works great for me. There's some skill involved though, as somebody mentioned, you have to get it up there hard and fast so it doesn't just drip down your throat.

Speaking of lung problems though... I was snorting Adderol once and my lung fucking collapsed! It was extremely painful and I spent 2 weeks in the hospital with a fucking tube stuck in my side. when they stuck it in I had NO pain relief given to me. They said the respiratory depression would interfere with the positioning of the chest tube. So, yeah, that sucked pretty bad. I left out the part about snorting Adderol right before my lung collapsed when I spoke to the doctors, but it's always been in the back of my mind as a possible contributing factor.

Of course it didn't stop me from snorting pharmaceuticals, but I wonder...

ndoftaworld
05-04-2008, 12:04 PM
There's some skill involved though, as somebody mentioned, you have to get it up there hard and fast so it doesn't just drip down your throat.

I think my sinuses are fucked up, cause no matter how or what I snort, it always ends up dripping. Doesn't bother me though, I get a quick rush, followed by a continuous dose due to the drip.

Nd

Wretched and Wicked
05-04-2008, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't snort anything with APAP in it.

jonny-5
05-04-2008, 12:05 PM
snorting is so much more painful and annoying than IVing i dont understand why anyone snorts anything. except bupe, i snort my bupe. and if im kicking heroin cold turkey, or fuck even with subs, i snort about 3-4 mg a nite of xannax just so i can get a couple hours of "sleep."

jonny-5
05-04-2008, 12:07 PM
I think my sinuses are fucked up, cause no matter how or what I snort, it always ends up dripping. Doesn't bother me though, I get a quick rush, followed by a continuous dose due to the drip.

Nd

well if your sinuses are fucked up, then so are every single person in the worlds sinuses, cause i can guaranfuckintee you that youre not alone on that one.

and edit: when you snort stuff, if ANY gets to your lungs at all, its such a miniscule amount that it couldnt make a difference. do you guys seriously think that you are snorting stuff hard so that it goes into your lungs? you would die pretty fuckin fast if that were the case. you might wanna clarify what you said papa V cause it sounded to me like you were saying you have to snort it hard and fast to get it in your lungs and avoid the drips, thats the only thing i could have gotten from it cause the harder you snort, the more of it is gonna immediately become drips.

snorted drugs get absorbed through your mucus membranes in your nasal pssgs, i hope you realize that.

wafflehead77
05-04-2008, 12:27 PM
To the OP, I dont know for sure if Roxis, or any of the generics contain talc (magnesium silicate), but I know alot of pills do. Inhaling talc can be very detrimental, as it is similar to asbestos, and can cause cancer and other pulmonary problems.

There are even groups trying to have it removed from baby powder due to airborne talc being inadvertently inhaled by children.

This does not stop me from snorting them (daily), but I do have a suggestion for anyone who regularly snorts, especially roxi, due to the very fine powder that is produced. I like to prepare the pills as always, geting them into a fine powder, but before snorting, I dab small droplets of Normal Saline (0.9%) onto the surface the powder is on. I then cut the powder into the very small amount of liquid, creating small clumps, and just barely moistening the powder. If you use too much, you will have a mess, but starting small and working up, it will create a very nice, moist powder that is still easily snorted.

The weight added by the saline keeps the powder from reachng the lungs much more efficiently, but it does not clog the nasal passage. Even when it does, the clumps quickly dissolve, so it is not a problem. Since doing this, my lungs have been much healthier, and it has all but eliminated the pseudo-asthmatic symptoms I was having prior to this.

On top of appearing to be healthier, I also believe that it increases the rate of absorption for 2 reasons: 1) the moisture helps the powder to be absorbed 2) normal saline is isotonic to the intracellular/interstitial cellular/tissue fluid and blood, making it absorb more readily, without cellular swelling that occurs with a hypotonic solution, such as distilled/tap water.

One more thing, even though I like the slight burn from roxis, the added moisture reduces the burn, making it even smoother. This is not always a good thing, as I really like the taste/feel of roxi, but for anyone with a sensitive snout, it would help in that respect as well.

wafflehead77
05-04-2008, 12:43 PM
well if your sinuses are fucked up, then so are every single person in the worlds sinuses, cause i can guaranfuckintee you that youre not alone on that one.

and edit: when you snort stuff, if ANY gets to your lungs at all, its such a miniscule amount that it couldnt make a difference. do you guys seriously think that you are snorting stuff hard so that it goes into your lungs? you would die pretty fuckin fast if that were the case. you might wanna clarify what you said papa V cause it sounded to me like you were saying you have to snort it hard and fast to get it in your lungs and avoid the drips, thats the only thing i could have gotten from it cause the harder you snort, the more of it is gonna immediately become drips.

snorted drugs get absorbed through your mucus membranes in your nasal pssgs, i hope you realize that.

If none of it gets into your lungs, then how do you explain the respiratory problems I was having while snorting, but after employing a "safer" method, my symptoms virtually disappeared? I know there is a "flap" (I cant remember the medical term) that prevents particulate matter from reaching the lungs, but this does not mean that it is effective against absolutely everything, especially when a person is snorting a descent amount of powder a day.
I have a pretty tame tolerance, only doing about 120mg of roxi/day, but that still means I am snorting roughly 4-8 grams of powder each day (I dont know the weight of a 15). If only 0.1-0.5% of the total powder reaches the lungs, I am still receiving 4-40mg's/day, which over a few weeks, could start to add up.
Even with elimination, this could still cause problems.

SlimContin420
05-04-2008, 01:05 PM
I snort oxycontin Regulary usually in the form oxycodone 30mgs. Those wonderful little blue pills hell yea. It hits me real hard, just the rush i've been looking for specially when you snort 60-90mgs at once talk about a rush!!!! Usually like the next day my nose if fine just a little bit of snot, nothing a tissue can't cure!!!

starglazer33
05-04-2008, 02:40 PM

I've snorted drugs for yrs and though mostly cocaine and heroin the occaisional pill made it to me nose. Only snorted Oxycontin though. Many, many, many, moons ago i once snorted a tylox pill. Some other wierded out rednecks were doing it, and they were where i was gettin em,(and im just as stupid) so when in Rome.:rolleyes:

About half way through, with my eyes blood red, filled with tears and choking half to death, while takin the rest of the powder into my mouth i hear in the background. "Its not that bad,man, come on."
Yeah, felt like i was taking a(lit) candle to my nose and ssssssssnnnnnnnggggghhh! fuck dat. They said it burned a lil. They were way into it, but not me. Never again.

But that was so long ago that, two tylox's would actually get me a buzz,long ago.It was before i was a dope(opies,dog) addict. I snorted dope for bout 7 months b4 shooting everyday.Before all that did coke for a # of yrs. and almost always snorted/smoked,never shot speed. Anyway my nose and breathing are just fine now. ....Least I think?

"Whole lotta luv"..........Sg33

smoothupnu69
05-04-2008, 02:42 PM
i will second that!

ndoftaworld
05-04-2008, 02:49 PM
i will second that!

Ah don't diss it till you die from it. :D

Nd

irish
05-04-2008, 02:49 PM
I don't know how you could remove talc from baby-powder, seeing as that is the main ingredient. Some pills, such as abbott 8mg dilaudids have lactose instead of talc and are completely soluble. Talc in the lungs is what fucks-up drywallers.

wafflehead77
05-04-2008, 07:12 PM
I've snorted drugs for yrs and though mostly cocaine and heroin the occaisional pill made it to me nose. Only snorted Oxycontin though. Many, many, many, moons ago i once snorted a tylox pill. Some other wierded out rednecks were doing it, and they were where i was gettin em,(and im just as stupid) so when in Rome.:rolleyes:

About half way through, with my eyes blood red, filled with tears and choking half to death, while takin the rest of the powder into my mouth i hear in the background. "Its not that bad,man, come on."
Yeah, felt like i was taking a(lit) candle to my nose and ssssssssnnnnnnnggggghhh! fuck dat. They said it burned a lil. They were way into it, but not me. Never again.

But that was so long ago that, two tylox's would actually get me a buzz,long ago.It was before i was a dope(opies,dog) addict. I snorted dope for bout 7 months b4 shooting everyday.Before all that did coke for a # of yrs. and almost always snorted/smoked,never shot speed. Anyway my nose and breathing are just fine now. ....Least I think?

"Whole lotta luv"..........Sg33

Wow, Tylox! That is the worst oxycodone available. 5mg to 500 of apap. I cant say I dont like them though. They were my "first"! At least the first oxycodone I was actually rx'd. I remember emtying three of the caps into my mouth and being So fucked up 20 minutes later.

AHH the good ole days!

fieldgoal
05-17-2008, 05:34 PM
I understand your snorting habit. I am fasinated and quite enjoy snorting drugs, but since I tried banging that is my new preference. 100% absorbsion directly into the blood stream. Plus the whole act of spiking my vein it is romantic in a sick way.
.also the point that any opana for example once snorted, will it go back down your throat? and if that is true, wouldn't your bio availbility be the same as eating the opana. That method is 2x as strong v. snorting would be 4x as strong. I am not professing any answer, this is only what I'ved read. I f anyone has the right answer, please write back. thans for your time

Nate
05-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Ok wow.....snorting percs? Seriously what the fuck?:eek:

Stupid, pointless.

OxyQueen
05-17-2008, 06:10 PM
snorting percs=waaaaaaaaay too much powder to snort and too much filler(apap) burn yuck gag

i wouldn't even think you would get off....the roxi and oxy ...however are a different story;)

frankie
05-20-2008, 09:16 AM
from my experience with snorting oxy's i find i get the runny nose and cold deal.

duper
05-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Wow, Tylox! That is the worst oxycodone available. 5mg to 500 of apap. I cant say I dont like them though. They were my "first"! At least the first oxycodone I was actually rx'd. I remember emtying three of the caps into my mouth and being So fucked up 20 minutes later.

Heh, yeah. I had an opie-naive friend with Watson Hydrocodone 5/500's ask me if they could be snorted. Now, I must admit that before I had a real habit I would snort 10/325 perx but would never do it again. :sad-smile The APAP burn kinda reminds me of snorting glass. Now I have no problem bumping 15's and 30's.. I don't know what it is about this ROA but lately it's been the only one I've been using. I kinda wish I could go back to just swallowing them and occasionally I will sublingual/brown them. I guess it's like they say--the ROA is as addictive as the drug..and I was sniffing pharma speed and coke before I ever started with opies.

Papa Verine
05-20-2008, 11:00 PM

J-5, I snort it hard and fast to get it into the blood vessels up my nose (nasal passage), not my lungs. You hope I realize that??? What the fuck are you talking about???

In fact, I snort drugs hard and fast and they get stuck somewhere up there (nasal passage). I don't get a drip down the throat for a while, if at all.

After reading all the posts here, I've concluded that not everybody has the same nose. Mine happens to be excellent for snorting drugs. I suck it up my nose... and there's no drip until at least 10 minutes later. Even then it's very little drip going down my throat.

I feel the effects of anything snorted in about 5 minutes. Crushed pharms, cocaine, heroin... whatever.

dirtdog
05-20-2008, 11:02 PM
I can't fucking believe some people are snorting Vicodin and Percocet. However, I've spent years and years snorting pharmaceutical amphetamines and heroin, so who am I to judge? Insufflation works great for me. There's some skill involved though, as somebody mentioned, you have to get it up there hard and fast so it doesn't just drip down your throat.

Speaking of lung problems though... I was snorting Adderol once and my lung fucking collapsed! It was extremely painful and I spent 2 weeks in the hospital with a fucking tube stuck in my side. when they stuck it in I had NO pain relief given to me. They said the respiratory depression would interfere with the positioning of the chest tube. So, yeah, that sucked pretty bad. I left out the part about snorting Adderol right before my lung collapsed when I spoke to the doctors, but it's always been in the back of my mind as a possible contributing factor.

Of course it didn't stop me from snorting pharmaceuticals, but I wonder...

Fucking hell! :confused: I would have screamed, moaned and wailed until they gave me something. Fuck that!!! O god, i cant imagine being stuck on a bed with a tube sticking out of my chest with absolutely no pain relief. The doctors wouldnt hear the end of me.

dirtdog
05-20-2008, 11:05 PM
IMO

Snorting fast or slow doesnt make a damned difference.
I snort slow to savor the "flavor" haha
but seriously. Ive put all kinds of junk up my nose (and veins too)
Slow or fast? Not a difference. You get high just the same.
If you snort it wrong, I notice, it seems to "go in the brain" and make my eye water and redden right up and give me a headache. Hmph.

Papa Verine
05-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Fucking hell! :confused: I would have screamed, moaned and wailed until they gave me something. Fuck that!!! O god, i cant imagine being stuck on a bed with a tube sticking out of my chest with absolutely no pain relief. The doctors wouldnt hear the end of me.

I got what I wanted eventually...

But I did have to raise Hell to get it.

Dances with Smack
05-21-2008, 12:13 AM
<snip>Speaking of lung problems though... I was snorting Adderol once and my lung fucking collapsed! It was extremely painful and I spent 2 weeks in the hospital with a fucking tube stuck in my side.

Know all about chest tubes...they SUCK! But you don't need me to tell you that...

I wonder though, PV...was the Adderall the cause of the collapse, or was it something else? I'm sure you weren't forthcoming with the docs when it happened (or were you? I wouldn't have volunteered that bit of info), and I woulda been curious as to how it happened.