PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Get On A Methadone Program ???

bwitiacumen
02-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Everything I'm about to talk about is theoretical, I pray every day, I follow every law, santa and the easter bunny are real, blah, blah.. I muscle oxycodone, prodine, H, or some other opiate every week or two, so I'm not an addict with a tolerance, but I have a taste for methadone, so how can I meet whoever's criteria for "going on" the methadone program? Would slamming H every day for about two weeks, then stop cold turkey do the trick - blood-pressure and other vitals show that I'm in withdrawal? How much H should I say I go through in a day? While in withdrawal, should I approach the emergency room or what? How would you go about this theoretical scam?:cool: :cool:

1badrabbit
02-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Depends on the clinic, you need to call the clinic and see what requirements are there. I personally would recommend to stay away from methadone though as it is very difficult for most people to get off of. And you usually have to go in quite frequently to get it. Plus I just can't see how you could like methadone better then heroin???

bi11i
02-11-2005, 06:18 PM
are you kidding? any doper's dream is methadone. buprenorphine is great, but if you're looking for a legit and legal way to maintain on an opiated level - methadone is the way to go.

but rabbit is right, it IS harder to get off of....

1badrabbit
02-11-2005, 07:53 PM
I guess its just me. I really just have never enjoyed methadone; even on large doses I didn't get much for euphoria. But it did make me itch like a motherfucker haha.

hurtinforcertain
02-11-2005, 08:04 PM
all they did in texas when I got on it, was look at your arms, and give a blood test. If there was opiates in your bloodstream, AKA...Heroin, you were admitted to the program. I stayed on it for about 3 months, dropped my dose 10 mgs a week till I was down to 20, and just quit, with no withdrawl symptoms whatsoever, except mentally of course, that craving always was there. I have not put a needle in my arm for over 5 years, and that is the way i am staying. I am on pain meds now, for a herniated disk, that hurts like a hell, but hopefully surgery will fix that problem

JOHNNYK
02-27-2005, 03:41 PM
THESE GUYS ARE RIGHT, METHADONE IS A S.O.B. TO GET OFF OF. IF YOU HAVE TO GO COLD TURKEY IT IS ABOUT 4-6 WEEKS OF REAL FUN. IF YOU WANT TO GET ON A PROGRAM THOUGH THERE ARE A FEW WAYS TO DO IT. THE WAY THAT I WENT IS TO FIND A GENERAL PRACTIONER WHO SPECIALIZES IN TREATING ADDICTIONS AND GO IN AND EXPLAIN THAT YOU ARE AN ADDICT WHO HAS BEEN UNABLE TO GET CLEAN AND NEED TO GET ON A PROGRAM. TELL THEM THAT YOU ARE A WORKING PERSON AND THAT A STANDARD PROGRAM WHERE YOU HAVE TO GO IN FOR A DAILY DOSE WILL NOT WORK FOR YOU. ASK TO BE PUT ON A MONTHLY PROGRAM. I HAVE BEEN ON 60MG A DAY FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS NOW AND IT IS GOING GREAT(10MG PILLS, 2 PILLS 3X DAILY IS MY RX). GOOD LUCK, I HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU.

Iboganaut
02-27-2005, 08:45 PM
In my area you have to go through an admisson, and it takes a few weeks to months, to get in for admissinons. You have to have opiates in your system, be getting gooseflesh and other symptoms, I was doing ten bags a day to keep from getting sick, of good dope, so I told the truth. I was admitted and was on the program for 3 years before using Iboga to get off. Methadone is much longer acting and harder on the system when trying to kick because of the shear length of minor withdrawal, not even including the intense part. It never got me high and helped mess up my teeth as well as make me pretty much ambivalent to everything. Seemed to take my soul. Heroin is way better for the high and the only hassle is money and it being illegal. I am totally againts methadone, personally, and many clinics aren't even helpful. Many even reduce your dose if they find other opiates in your system. Like that's gonna help get you clean!! Anyways, good luck and be sure you know what you're getting into, if you aren't a hardcore addict. If you missed more than two days at my clinic they suspend your dose , then check your bood levels for opiates. Sucks if you're sick and you have to go everyday for three months with no dirties(even weed) if you want any take homes. They only start you out with one take home a week until after a year, when they can increase the amount. I had to drive 30-45 mins there and back everyday for 3 years, no matter what the weather or anything was like, and had to be there between certain times. So don't ever plan on breaking your routine if you do get on methadone. I believe, in the US, you have to go to a clinic, too, not a regular doc who'll give you a supply. Just be ready for all this if you still want to go for it... Hope this helps... :)

jacky
03-01-2005, 01:17 PM
man I thought people in states that dont allow methadone had it bad. when I was on it I had to carpool every week 250 miles to get a weeks take home supply. looking at your experience the take home out of state program that I went through for only a few months seems easier to commit to thatn what you went through. I also went through methadone treatment at the San Rafeal california clinic, and was very impressed with their level of care and consideration. they also provided perscriptions for getting off of the methadone. this was a three week detox. If you dont want to have to ween off methadone for a couple months dont use the stuff for too long unless you feel you need the support. personally I think buprenorphine might be a better choice, though right now it is hard to get on a program. buprenorphine is at least similiar to endogenous compounds found in the body and probably less addictive than methadone. I read that the federal government is probably going to lift the restrictions on the buprenorphine program as far as controlling patient numbers so strictly ion the next year or so...well see.

red26
03-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Listen honey.If YOUR NOT ALREADY ON IT!Methodone is some heavy shit.I was mainlinin'for three years,and when my guy was out of touch i'd get oxy's and bang them.I have been on methodone for the last two years and am actually detoxing as I speak.If your not a daily user and have a hook up fer your gear,than stay the fuck away from the "done".I've detoxed off it four times, this is my fifth.If your not a daily user,you'll probably get off for about 2 weeks 2 a month and then your stuck with it.YOU WILL NEVER GET OFF AGAIN.When i say off i mean high obviosly.It fuckin sucks.I'm stuck with chronic back pain and I've chosen the pain and being able to get off instaed of never being able to get high.Take that wherever you want,but fuck methodone.in the long run it blows big fat monkeydick.

darkangel
03-19-2005, 06:22 PM
if you are a very heavy user and i mean injecting not snorting or e.t.c. if death is your only other alternative. if you have reached rock bottom and starting to dig, then yeah ,go on methadone otherwise stay away it doesnt get you high and unless you want detoxed you cant get high at all on anything. if you like a normal sex life and you prefer chewing WITH teeth. well these are just a couple of the good things to look forward too. but if you really have no other options then methadone is a life saver! but you have to be serious, they will kick your ass out believe me im speaking from experience. i get 13 take homes at a time, but i worked hard to get them and it took over a year. but i havent got the slighest idea how to get off the shit, and it costs 350 dollars a month and i only go twice. so if you can try everything else first!!!!

voodoobudah
04-06-2005, 04:25 PM
Here in West Virginia it is too easy to get on a program because it is a big business, need I say more? I personally do not know any one that went on meth that is not still on it or back on the dope.Buprenorphine however is a different story if you want to get clean you can.Methadone maintenance is just another word for big business....

voodoobudah
04-06-2005, 04:32 PM
What is the deal with rotting out your teeth? I have heard this before,specifically from a junkie whore on a HBO special on Atlantic city Hookers.I have heard this about the rock (crack)as well ,maybe poor nutrition????

darkangel
04-06-2005, 05:25 PM
the deal is it rots your teeth, plain and simple! you dont have to be a junkie whore either. just do a web search on methadone and tooth decay and there are numerous sites that will explain why. i could write itb in but then nobody would believe me. but if you go to the dentist a lot, and take really good care of your teeth you can fight it.

Paregoric Kid
04-06-2005, 05:49 PM
cite a medical study please

candy
04-07-2005, 03:40 AM
There is not data that has been writen that even suggests that Methadone rots your teeth.

Most of those who come in to get on Methadone had rotten teeth to begin with.
When your daily life is surrounded by heroin use, Tooth Decay becomes less important and well, getting high becomes a priority.

I have seen more crack addicts with rotting teeth. This comes from a bad diet, grinding of teeth, and the overall disregard for mouth care.
Same thing goes for Heroin addicts.

Methadone is a safe drug and has mild side-effects. If anything, those on Methadone are more likely to complain about Constipation than anything else.

Most of the folks I have seen who come to get dosed really did not have much use for a toothbrush before they started on Methadone, let alone while they were or are on it!
The first thing we used to give Junkies along with their needles at Needle Exchange was a toothbrush and toothpaste! Brushing teeth becomes more or less something they will not do! I guess when your hustling to score dope all day, a good dental hygiene program takes a back seat!

I

darkangel
04-07-2005, 08:19 AM
supposedly, the key word being. anyway, methadone is supposed to dry up the saliva in your mouth which promotes tooth decay. now i can only relate my own pesonal experience, until i looked all this up on the internet, my own opinion was that lack of nutrition and proper dental care that caused dental problems with meth patients. sorry to break the stigma, but i wasnt your average junkie. nobody who knew me would believe i used, much less injected, so i could walk into a pharmacy and purchase syringes[hence, no needle exchange program] i worked everyday, so i dont really know about hustling and panhandling, but i used mostly hydromorphone that i got at a pretty good deal, so i didnt run all the time looking for my fix. ive always taken good care of my teeth, but i know drugs took its toll on my body because i was underweight from not eating right. but lately im having a lot of trouble with my teeth. now im not sure its methadone but i know its not lack of care. so , im going to look into this further, but im sure methadone contributes to the problem. also i have to say, that if your going through a clinic , methadone is safe. all drugs have side effects and if this is one of methadones side effects, then there is a solution. methadone has saved my life as well as countless others. so lets just do some research on this and see what comes up.

GG_Dope
04-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Hi Darkangel

We're a addicted couple from Switzerland (10 years of heroine and approx. 5 years methadone) and now are on 65 mg meth. per day.
We also use Xanax, the 2 mg pills (half i.e. 1 mg is strong enough though).
Why did you mention that combinig the two is not good?
Hope you have time and feel like giving us an answer, thanx in advance.

Warm greetingsfrom Switzerland

George

voodoobudah
04-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Combining Xanax with methadone will get you kicked off a Methadone program bigger than shit,at least by the company that operates in my State.There have been many people O.D. on this combo.The company that operates here is especially vigilant for people mixing downs(Like Xanax)with thier daily dose by by surprise urinalisis.I believe it has something to do with a multiplying effect the two drug types have on each other and the fact that it can cause you to STOP BREATHING!

xxanxx
04-21-2005, 09:09 AM
I have a question, I live in a smaller community that has no methadone clinic anywhere near it. I was interested in getting on methadone for legitimate purposes, but I am not sure what to do. Would it even be worth it to approach a doctor and ask him/her? I would of course be totally honest, and as I said this is a last resort because I cannot kick on my own. Any comments or ideas would be appreciated! Thanks...

Paregoric Kid
04-21-2005, 09:54 AM
if you are in the US, it is illegal for a doctor to prescribe you methadone like a methadone clinic does, you can only get prescribed methadone for pain. I live about an hour from the closest methadone clinic and would love to go but it's just not possible to get there everyday, is there a way to get take homes if you showed up once a week or month and lived that far away? doubt it, but I was just wondering

COLONELWAYNE
04-22-2005, 03:49 AM
Hey CG, voodoobudah hit it on the mark! Had a friend who mixed the two less than a month ago and had to be resuscitated for 45 minutes by the paramedics before he started breathing on his own again! BE CAREFUL!

blackdog
04-22-2005, 03:28 PM
if you want meth just go findout where the clinic's are and then find the nearest burger king and /or cofee shop,usually saturday mmid morning's are good , and spot out the user's so as to aquire some takehome doses of meth.bring your own empty container for it. and also try not to get ripped off ie: orange juice /tang/metamusil lol haha those were the days ......you can't learn unless u get burned somewhat okie peace/da dogg

xxanxx
04-23-2005, 01:44 PM
^I am actually trying to get methadone prescribed to me. I live absolutely no where near a methadone clinic so I have no idea what to do.

chucky
05-06-2005, 02:32 PM
You mean to say that you can get dope around where you live but cant find a methodone clinic.some body should write to your local gov and write up a bill or whatever it is they have in canada. that is a joke. Anywhere there are addicts,chippers ,users there should be an alternative for them,us.

Somni Divine
05-08-2005, 05:23 AM
A good way to get on a methadone program is to first go to a psychiatrist, tell them how many opiates you are using a day (vicodin works just as well as heroin if it is to excess) and get referred to a clinic. Say you say you take fourteen vics a day - that's enough. Take six of them the morning you go to the clinic, and be ready to never ever take anything else that you enjoy because they do random UAs and they will detox you off of the methadone for a dirty UA. Be prepared to go get your dose every day for a year, and take it in front of them. It is not an easy road. It is an easy program to get into though, because it's true that it's all about the mighty dollar. Clinics are privately owned business enterprises that make money if you buy their product. They will up your dose every visit as long as you tell them you didn't really notice anythihng ... any less "cravings" etc. SAMSA or some initials similar to that clinics are all over the country. Your goal is to stay "clean" so you can get your take-homes " - after three years with the same clinic they will let you take home a months worth at a time, two years you get two weeks, and at the end of one year one week. That's the way it works. Your goal may also be to keep getting that dose up higher and higher (something called "split dosing" helps here, as you actually get take homes for after the clinic closes at about 10 am - but don't worry - most of them open up at 4.) It will get you high for at least the first six months if you keep upping your dose. The problem seems to be that you reach a place where nothing - not the methadone, and not any other drug will get you that euphoric feeling you get so used to the first six months, and used to be able to enjoy from other opiates or drugs.
It is something that you should consider very seriously - it is a lifetime committiment if you are going to get it through a clinic, and like everything, there are pro's and cons.
As to it rotting your teeth - it is a rare side effect for those who do end up getting a dry mouth that aren't smart enough to drink water or something so that it isn't dry anymore. And maybe some people get too high to remember to brush their teeth. But it really doesn't have any bad side effects other than constipation in some people, and it is certainly better for you than taking pills or heroin - side effect wise, methadone wins hands down. If I can be of any further help, please let me know. I am pretty well versed in this particular opiate. Feel free to send private messages.

Methadone clinics are like "The Hotel California" -- you can check in any time you like, but you can never leave ...:

Paregoric Kid
05-08-2005, 11:49 AM
what if you had prescriptions for amphetamines and benzos? and I heard some places don't test for pot, is this correct? jeez I don't think I could give up weed, not that I'm much of a pothead but it's just around me too much to not smoke it lol
ever hear of the whizinator I think it's called, a fake dick with fake urine you can use

chucky
05-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Methadone clinics are like "The Hotel California" -- you can check in any time you like, but you can never leave ...:

To true, to true. I have longed feared and personally experienced the herendous experience of using none stop and feel the need to get help, though methadone may be the legal and possibly in certain cases the cheaper way in does not in any way cure your addiction or resonance of an opiate. For reason tha be t i'm not really why, every time in history that there is a problem with opiates we replace them with another whether it be synthetic or not. Though i thnk some of the hardcore user for years( which i have been , but didn't go the methadone route) it may help ween off, there is always that painfull withdrawl from any opiate regardless. You can't run, certainlly not hide, absolutly not sleep,but you will sweat .

Paregoric Kid
05-09-2005, 06:04 PM
I'd only want to go to a methadone clinic because then I wouldn't have to risk getting arrested buying them off of friends. I'm not looking for a "cure," at the moment anyways :D

OpiKat
05-09-2005, 06:27 PM
I was on several different opiates for 2 years. I have fibromyalgia and my physician tried many different medications to help ease my pain. Finally, he put me on methadone, percocet, and valium.
The medications did not seem to improve my quality of life so I decided to stop taking them.

Trust me when I tell you this: Weaning off of methadone was the asbolute WORST experience in my entire life. Methadone is nothing to mess around with daily!!

I'm not judging you...please don't take my comments that way...just be very careful, that's all I want to say. ;)

candy
05-10-2005, 12:45 PM
If you are still interested in a Methadone Program go to www.methadone.org, There will be a listing for Resources/Links. In there you should see a listing for CSAT Facility Locater. You should be able to find clinics state by state. There are two types of programs offered, a 21 day detox and Maintenance. Most people I have known go on Maintenance. The 21 day detox is hard. I know from experience. IMO it is not long enough for anyone who has a long history of opiate use. I would suggest it to someone who is on their first run with opiates and using for a short time. Try the site above, it should help you find a clinic in your area. Best of luck.

oldschool?
10-17-2005, 01:55 AM
no dirties(even weed) if you want any take homes. They only start you out with one take home a week until after a year, when they can increase the amount
holly shit ("pardon my french") is it really like that in most states???

i pick up twice a week and my nurse/therapist and dr. have no problem with my herb smoking although they continually ask my about how much i use. they're pretty content that i keep to about a gram a day.. and if i ever mention considering trying to quit they usually counsel againts it - thats pretty messed up for a "harm reduction" program to tell you not to smoke pot - they still test for thc - i guess i'm just one more stastistic to support the decriminaliztion of the herb - i do feel bad for you americans - at least i know know compotent judge in my country would lock me up for possesing my daily medicine!!
but seriously don't start a methatdone program unless you are in withdrawl even if you catch a buzz in the beginning (like i did even though i was opiate dependant at the time) and lie that it isn't making you drowsey so they increase it (like i did-stupily in retrospect) you'll inevitably end up with a dose that won't do fuck all, and any money you waste on the opiates you used to get high on will also do fuck all.
Pardon my french again but for some reason i'm programmed to think fuck is the most exagerative term i could use to say - you're a complete idiot if you want to go on a methadone program to get high!!! if you remember anything from "junky" manditory reading for all opiate addicts i thought remeber this "an eating habit is far worse than a needle habbit" this fact has apparently been lost since mmt has demonize "methadone withdralw" - its the programs that put that stigma on the drug when really its the oral method that produces such nastly withdrawl - not the fact that its methadone!!! no one seems to believe me but its true if anything burrows says is true!! "if you cant stick to the shedule...(refering to an oral "junk" step down) best to go back to the needle" (than end up with an eating habbit)
so to re-iterate bill demonized any oral habbit the way modern addicts demonize methadone so its really a double whammy! did i scare you enough and if your not on a program be damn carefull how much of some one elses dose you drink - it pisses me off when methadone bottles don't say "fatal to other than patient" if i lost one of my doses some dumb ass thinking the softer warning means they'll get off would die from half the bottle, and here i am dripping with sweat cause i fucked up an missed my pharmacy and haven't been able to find a substitute...now thats the most fucked up part about mmt - i drink this stuff every day to feel normal - can't get high on any other opiate i may score - and yet half what i drink could kill the average non opiate dependant person

ontario_opiophile
10-24-2005, 03:25 AM
I live in Canada, and all you have to do in Ontario, Canada is do some opiates/opioids, take a piss test and make sure you fail so they detect morphine, heroin, codeine, oxycodone, hydromorphone etc. Then you fill out some forms and you have an appointment a month or two later depending on how busy they are. Then you see a doctor, you start on 30mg, you come in the next day, they raise you again, then they give you a script to take doses in a pharmacy and you have to come to the clinic 2 days a week to take doses there and do piss tests and see a doctor once a week it's a pain in the ass for a while. I got in years ago without failing a drug tests for morphine and heroin and codeine and all that. I actually got in while I was on methadone. lol. I just told them to test for methadone and that i'd been on it for a while and they did and i got in.

HeidiW
10-26-2005, 03:26 AM
Hi Darkangel

We're a addicted couple from Switzerland (10 years of heroine and approx. 5 years methadone) and now are on 65 mg meth. per day.
We also use Xanax, the 2 mg pills (half i.e. 1 mg is strong enough though).
Why did you mention that combinig the two is not good?
Hope you have time and feel like giving us an answer, thanx in advance.

Warm greetingsfrom Switzerland

George My cousin died mixing Xanax and methadone, I wouldn't do it!!

ontario_opiophile
10-27-2005, 06:35 AM
I've mixed Ketamine and Valium with Methadone at the same time with no problems. It was pharmaceutical stuff though from a doctor. I've also mixed Dalmane (flurazepam) with Methadone and had no problems. I've mixed Oxy IR's with Dalmane and Lorazepam with no problems either. The only problems I ever had was with Trazodone and Methadone. Some sort of interaction. Trazodone is an anti-depressant with sleeping pill effects, they knock you out fast. I'm not saying it's a good idea to mix any of this stuff cuz it's not. I used low amount of the stuff I wasn't taking full doses of Benzo's with Methadone. I would take maybe 1-3 valium 10mg, and 2-3 Dalmane 15mg pills, and 1-3 lorazepam 1mg i think they were. Don't do what I did, cuz it can effect you in a bad way. I always started slow and took quarter amounts of these drugs in combination with my regular Methadone dose to see if I would react okay to them and I worked my way up in steps slowly so I knew how much to take when i used them. Just be smart with Benzo's. Also about the MMT, in Canada they don't care if you piss dirty for Heroin or Cocaine or whatever. They don't take you off the Methadone. They just punish you by cutting down your take homes.

duke_nemmerle
10-27-2005, 06:54 AM
Flurazepam and Methadone could be okay as long as you're resoponsible, both are long acting so it surely isn't something for a newbie who is gonna redose right away. I always watch out for mixing benzos and opiates

lolleedee
11-01-2005, 03:28 PM
My clinic in New Jersey only required a positive urine for opiates to start the program. I had just gotten out of rehab, was on suboxone, which didn't help me at all( actually,, maybe it would have, but i couldn't have all those pills in my house...I ate them like crazy!!!) Stopped the suboxone, took a few vico's (only about 7 of them) then went to the clinic, turned in a dirty urine and was started on Meth that day! I don't get any kick out of the methadone though. It does keep me from withdrawling but it really doesn't tickle my receptors like pills do!!! I still crave on it...I'm only on 76 mgs. on a split dose due to having some metabolic problems...maybe as my dose goes up, I'll get that wonderful feeling that I'm craving!!!!

poppy
12-09-2005, 08:04 AM
i thought it was hard to get on a methadone programme here in the uk and i am always moaning about how crap my drug worker is and how hard it is to do a clean(heroin free) test once a fortnight. me and my partner pick up our scripts (35mg injectable amps per day and 65ml oral each) twice aweek weds and sat.We have waiting lists but having said that my script was sorted out within a 2 weeks in the beginning and because we haven't managed to stop using has gone up from 30ml each per day to the above dose. I don't get any real sort of buzz out of it but my drug worker says that because i use on top i'm not getting the full benefit of either drug. i have found it very helpful to take my meth early in the day say 6am before i start to rattle because once i'm ill i'm looking for the quick fix that only heroin iv can sort out. it also means i can function like normal people ie work/college etc because i don't need tjo fuck about having to score before i can get on with my day. So if i use it is always in the evening so its a mental craving not a physical craving. some days i'm strong enough to say no somedays i'm not. Also 2 addicts living together makes things hard because when one of us is strong the other is week which causes rows which we then use as an excuse to use. Anyway i seem to have waffled right off the point, going back to meth progs it sounds awful in the states is it better here because we have free health care

poppy
12-09-2005, 08:10 AM
:) My drug worker isn't concerned about my dope usage (should i say weed usage, i keep forgetting that you americans use different words to us in the uk)at least not at the moment maybe because after almost seven years I have yet to get stable on my meth script, but she does moan about the odd positive test for crack. They no longer piss test us, they use a mouth swab which seems impossible to fake and therefore is admissable in court (piss tests aren't). This means that here in the uk they are using DTO's (drug testing order) as an alternative to prison, giving habitual offenders eg shoplifters a chance by pescribing them methadone and testing twice a week making it more or less imposible to use and provide the necessary clean tests.

The the old piss test method was too easy to fake ie. in the privacy of the centre's loo it was simple to use someone else's piss who just takes meth instead of your own, just add a drop of hot water + away u go . Result your script is safe for another month and your drug worker is happy. I should also like to point out that in mine and my partner's experience, if you are legitimately prescribed DF118's your test will come back positive even if you haven't used heroin on top of your script. This in fact caused a massive argument between me and my partner because as he was prescribed DF118's by his GP for pain he effectively had a licence to continue using gear on top of his script because they couldn't tell the difference without spending more money for a more specialised test, when they realised this their answer was to give him an extra 10ml of meth in exchange for him quitting his DF's. As far as I know methadone is not prescribed for pain in the uk just for heroin withdrawal, so we were surprized about this I can remember us laughing + saying 'as if you're going to think right my backs killing I'd best have 10ml of meth!!' but it seems that in america it is prescribed as a pain killer.

Don't worry people I'll quit rambling soon just one more thing to say is what do the rest of you think about folk abusing the methadone maintenance system in the UK when there are massive, continually growing waiting lists full of people who genuinely do want to get off heroin and the vicious circle that goes with it?

SCHTIC
12-02-2007, 04:03 AM
the biggest favor you will ever do for yourself is to stay out of the clinics its really easy to find a dr. to perscribe subutex and some benzo's expensive to get started but hey you dont have to go but once a month and you don't have to worry about getting denied your med's if say you were to burn a drug screen.. im prettty happy after 9 months of subutex but did a lot of damage to my cars family and all sorts of stuff on methadone .it really is something you gotta believe in and be willing to be just normal most of the time though with bupe we do get more drug in our opiate receptors than we would have sober so that certainly cant make you feel worse...hell every once in a while ill cut back for a few days then go bak to my dose and catch pretty good nood for a coulple morning not really high and itchy but super relaxed leand over burning the rug again.

Duckfeet
12-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Good post...but subs don't work for everybody, tho I agree on the docs office...and I'm closing this thread, as the people u were responding to, aren't even around anymore: always need to check, in LH corner, see when it was *posted...* That's why I always go thru *new Posts* at top of page, when looking for posts to respond to...or start my own...as long as I don't do it *too* often....best wishes...

the biggest favor you will ever do for yourself is to stay out of the clinics its really easy to find a dr. to perscribe subutex and some benzo's expensive to get started but hey you dont have to go but once a month and you don't have to worry about getting denied your med's if say you were to burn a drug screen.. im prettty happy after 9 months of subutex but did a lot of damage to my cars family and all sorts of stuff on methadone .it really is something you gotta believe in and be willing to be just normal most of the time though with bupe we do get more drug in our opiate receptors than we would have sober so that certainly cant make you feel worse...hell every once in a while ill cut back for a few days then go bak to my dose and catch pretty good nood for a coulple morning not really high and itchy but super relaxed leand over burning the rug again.