PDA

View Full Version : FAKE Purdue OXY 80's!!!

Frank Zito
03-02-2008, 02:02 AM
My Whole post just effin' disappeared!!! W.T.F.?

Anyways. They are out there. Believe that. I didn't think that I had nothing to worry about since I lived so far away from any major metro area and didn't think that I'd see 'em, ever. Well, I was wrong.

The only way to tell is that the coating comes off like latex house paint, just peels right off. The peeled pill will look normal. They had that waxy, hard, translucent look that a true 80 has, so I figured maybe it was an anomaly that the coating came off like that and I chalked it up to humidity or some shit. It crushed and cooked like normal, but I didn't feel shit. Nothing. At All. Same as the next one I bought. I chalked the first one up to the minute amount of Sub I dosed the day before, but upon doing another two days later and some research on the net, I fully believe as god as my witness, I got two fake 80's with no active ingredient.

Fuck Oxy's especially when I payed 100 for two.

Back on topic though. I know there is mad speculation and rumor regarding this subject, but as someone who has been fucking with Ox since 2000, I know that these were indeed bogue.

Any similar experiences???

Here's a link to a picture of some fakes...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/theleeter/Picture.jpg

Raz
03-02-2008, 02:09 AM
Not askin for specifics but did ya get ripped off by a regular source, or was this a new connect? If this is your DOC you could be in for a lot of this happenin...You know theres scumbags out there just lookin to make a buck by rippin peeps off...

Frank Zito
03-02-2008, 02:23 AM
Some regular shcmoe I know. I doubt he even knew they were fake, actually, I know he doesn't know. I don't think anyone in a hundred mile radius of me would even think that this scenario is even plausible. I do Ox when I can but I usually get my pharms from a reliable source. I won't buy an Ox again even though I know I will be tempted too every time I get the chance. I mean I was dumb enough to rationalize purchasing a second fake.

bluesubaru
03-02-2008, 03:54 AM
there was a DEA bulliten about this...

- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF -

PLACEBO OXYCONTIN TABLETS IN BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement Daytona Beach Crime Laboratory (Daytona Beach, Florida) recently received a large shipment (total net mass 31.6 grams, not counted) of apparent 40 milligram dosage Purdue Oxycontin tablets (photo not taken). The exhibit was submitted by the Brevard County Sheriff's Office (Brevard County is located to the immediate south of Daytona Beach). Analysis of a methanolic extract of two tablets by GC/MS, however, indicated no controlled substances. Subsequent discussions with Purdue confirmed that they produce placebo Oxycontin tablets. This was the first submission of such tablets to the laboratory.

- - - - - - - - - -

purdue makes fake oxycontin for double blind trials for oxy...and apparently they were diverted and made their way on to the street

there are also mimic ones that are fentanyl but are smaller, green, but without coating

as for the coating being like latex and peeling off easy, i've had ones like that which were real...

sexualhealing
03-02-2008, 04:06 AM
ucks ur fakes were blanks....last i heard of fakes was a lab bust putting fent in them...would love those :D

and not to say ur payin too much, but i dont even do the things much and i can get 4 for 100....easy...

going STANDARD street price (not a good friend type deal) is .50 cents a mg....so $40 for an 80

id talk to the source, have him DO ONE IN FRONT OF YOU.....and be like....ya dude u feel someting??

try to get ur money back or have his source reimburss im....doubt itll happen im yayed up and schemeing but i NEVER let someone pull that type of shit to me without saying something to them....its a 50/50 if they make it right...and if they know ur steady money coming in, its worth fixing someway in the long run for them....ie drop ur price on the next xxx drug u get....NOT THE OXYS

or u could always hunt down the bottle they came in...tell him u NEED to see it or ull spread the word not to buy from him....i know i would...even if it takes a few to hunt it down, there should be a legit script being diverted unless stlolen...or fakes....

RobOC
03-02-2008, 04:11 AM
You most likely got one of the bogus 80s made by purdue to be the placebo in clinical trials. I have never seen one myself but I have heard that they are absolutely identical aside from the fact that they contain no oxycodone. A while ago there was a thread on here about these pills. I think it may of even had a link to an article explaining how they were made by purdue, why they were made and whatnot, not to sure though. That sucks that you got ripped off though, at least you can take pride in the fact that, aside from doing one as a test before you bought them, there was no way to tell that they were fake.

SpecialGuy69
03-02-2008, 11:52 AM
what up spin! sucks you got the fakies, but at least they arent common at all.

Like bluesub said, they look to real to be anything BUT the perdue blanks.

Chances are 99% your boy didn't know. Who would expect those to be fake?

Frank Zito
03-02-2008, 11:58 AM
These were def, not placebos in case of a robbery. I actually heard that that it is against the law to manufacture two identical pills with the same imprint. That would be a serious public trust violation if that ever actually got out and what's to stop an unscrupulous pharmacist from scamming with those.

The pills I got were blatant forgeries. No doubt about that. The coating was not right at all. I got them from a younger cat, and like I said, I'm pretty sure He has no idea cause he begged to do the rinse and did, right in front of me. Like I also said, peopel in my general area would not even deem my story plausible as most are pretty unsavvy and isolated.

I researched this a lot on the net and have come to the conclusion that there are several entities manufacturing these for nothing other than pure profit, and to take advantage of the inflated prices of the O.C. market.

strikks
03-02-2008, 12:43 PM
i have gotten real oxys when i was scripted them that peeled off just like that in fact you could peel it off in one piece (each side).....BUT you may have purchased an old one.

my friend GAVE me 50 --80s that were brand name from 1996 (about 3 months ago) and everyone that did some complained. i chalked it up to my huge tolerance. if you did alot of them they took away withdrawl but you didnt get high. i am not saying you didnt get fakes but you never know.

strikks
03-02-2008, 01:49 PM
when they do the placebo tests neither the "good" drug nor the "fake" drug looks like the final finished marketed pill. they usually are blank or a oral liquid. i participated in a trial b4.

Frank Zito
03-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Whut up, "Ay-Yo..."!!?? Yeah, I knew that they were out there but I never thought that they'd actually rear their ugly ass heads where I am currently resting my rig. I'm staying around the area FZ used to blab about all the time. We were in juvie and the clinkity (real prison) together. We've known each other going on almost 20 years. That is Ka - razy baby. As a matter of fact he's playing my Wii as wii speak. He came by and gave me a half grizzle and is going to steal my Tiger Woods for my 360.

Fuck, I can't believe that I am 30, Life comes at you ssooooo fast.

Sorry for being so OT.

Thanks for all of you who is contributing. Man...I'm a teeny bit high.

FZ says "What's Up, " to all and especially Duck and Bron.

Frank Zito did all of my tattoos BTW.

SpecialGuy69
03-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Spin: tell FZ I said whats up.

Yak Bizzz is coming to BALTIMORE in less than 2 weeks. Spin & FZ get your asses to b-more and I'll find the raw! Lets do this!

Then El-P from company flow/def jux in less than 2 months in DC. Ya'll better make it.

SKipper
03-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Interesting stuff

rude
03-04-2008, 05:40 PM
It makes sense that someone would make counterfeit 80's since you could easily sell 100 to someone for a quick 2k. All they have to do is toss someone a real one to try then pull out a bottle of the fake ones that look identical.

Since they run between 40 and 80 bucks, its just like counterfeit bills. No one makes counterfeit $1 bills, just as they wont make counterfeit 7.5 percs. The OC's are so popular all someone needs is to make a quick mold and a metal die press and they are off to the bank. Anyone that works in a machine shop could make a tool to press fake OC's.

Luckily in the area I live the only pills around are from people with scripts(maybe thats not lucky since if no one has a fresh script there are no pills lol), so we would never have that prob. No one here brings 1000 stolen pills into town, but half of the people in my area are on pain killers legally. There are no pain killer dealers so to say, but the people with their scripts just deal them off to keep poverty away.

Now the biggest problem is people trying to lay off crap pills as good ones or as higher dosage. One person sold their Perc 7.5's as 10's for 2 months before someone looked up the inscription. She handed them to people straight out of the bottle and no one bothered to try to read it and just assumed she wouldnt lie about it. It's also so hard to tell the difference between a 7.5 and a 10 if you just snort one, but after a while you know all the hydro and oxyvodone imprints.

SpecialGuy69
03-04-2008, 09:09 PM
rude- it would be hard as hell to make convincing fake OC 80's - they are very distinctive. The reason almost all ecstasy pills are flat (on top and bottom) is because thats how tableting presses work best- You would have to buy a tableting press ($15,000 and up) and have a stamp made without raising any suspicions ($$$) and buy a bunch of pill material/binders, then get some type of coating that is the exact color and texture and doesn't wipe off easy.

Altogether, this would be a pricey business to get into- set up costs create a high barrier to entry, which is good for us. It would probably cost over $50k to get up and running. But once you are set up, it would be cheap. BUT you would end up having no one to sell to, and lose out.

Hopefully, anyone with the $$$ and knowhow to get this going would just make real crank or grow weed instead.

I'm not saying that its impossible and has never been done, just that its not as easy as whipping up a quick batch of 100 for a fast 2 grand.

Nate
03-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Had some fake ocs in my area. They looked almost identical, I only really noticed when I held it up to a real one, and even then it was very minor.

Once you sniffed it though, it was a MIGHTY burn, just terrable, but it took my sick away...so Im not sure what it was, but I definetly didn't buy anymore.

I must say though that I was impressed by the quality of these fakes, they even broke up the same, but just not the same taste.

rude
03-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Had some fake ocs in my area. They looked almost identical, I only really noticed when I held it up to a real one, and even then it was very minor.

Once you sniffed it though, it was a MIGHTY burn, just terrable, but it took my sick away...so Im not sure what it was, but I definetly didn't buy anymore.

I must say though that I was impressed by the quality of these fakes, they even broke up the same, but just not the same taste.

Well I had an experience where i snorted vicoprofens once. OMFG. I didnt realize that ibuprofen would set your nose on fire. I had tears that ran in 1 eye for 15 minutes. I figured that Ibu was just like APAP, but I learned the hard way. I wonder if you actually got something like that with real pain killer but an ibuprofen filler.

NastyN
03-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Has anyone run into these monstrosities on the west coast?? Pray to god they never come my way.

I believe an excellent way to identify these things would be to smoke a small chunk of one. Legit Purdue 80's have a very distinctive flavor and burning signature (the way it burns as it is smoked) that I am certain a fake pill could not replicate.

jdub
03-07-2008, 04:38 PM
^^ Do you ever not smoke your OC's?

NastyN
03-07-2008, 04:43 PM
I rail them about 40% of the time. I agree that smoking is a more wasteful method overall.

jdub
03-07-2008, 04:45 PM
^^ Good. Just checking.

More Feen
03-07-2008, 05:27 PM
I've never tried any type of Oxy, but judging by everything I've heard about them though, they must give one helluva high!

Is the high really that great? Are they really that expensive? Averaging $40 a pill?? That seems an awfully steep price for one single pill. Oxy must produce an incredible euphoria for that price!

Since it seems to be true that Oxy is so good that people will pay $0.50 per mg--oftentimes even more, the incentive to create bogus pills is definately there.

It really would be worthwhile for some douchebags to invest enough time & money to be able to manufacture passable counterfeit Oxy 80's.

They would not be in business for long (once word got out), but if they played their cards properly, and manufactured a shitload of fake pills before selling any; then sold as many as possible in the shortest amound of time, they could turn a hefty profit before fleeing the country for the rest of their lives.

I'm sure there would be many pissed-off people looking for some retribution.

Imagine buying a thousand pills (in good faith), hoping to turn that investment around and making a huge profit--only to find-out that every single pill you bought was shyte.

Imagine how the people you sold these pills to are going to react. They may not kill you, if they believe you were screwed-over too--but they're gonna want their money back.

What a crappy situation dude. That truly sucks.

jdub
03-07-2008, 07:20 PM
^^ I think the OC price is inflated by the media, and by people who won't do H because its "dirty" or "hard drug". That being said, OC is my DOC these days and I will take it @ $30/ pill all day

I like it b/c the H in SF is shyte and fuct my veins w/ a quickness.

bluesubaru
03-07-2008, 07:50 PM
I've never tried any type of Oxy, but judging by everything I've heard about them though, they must give one helluva high!

Is the high really that great? Are they really that expensive? Averaging $40 a pill?? That seems an awfully steep price for one single pill. Oxy must produce an incredible euphoria for that price!

Since it seems to be true that Oxy is so good that people will pay $0.50 per mg--oftentimes even more, the incentive to create bogus pills is definately there.

It really would be worthwhile for some douchebags to invest enough time & money to be able to manufacture passable counterfeit Oxy 80's.

They would not be in business for long (once word got out), but if they played their cards properly, and manufactured a shitload of fake pills before selling any; then sold as many as possible in the shortest amound of time, they could turn a hefty profit before fleeing the country for the rest of their lives.

Imagine buying a thousand pills (in good faith), hoping to turn that investment around and making a huge profit--only to find-out that every single pill you bought was shyte.

Imagine how the people you sold these pills to are going to react. They may not kill you, if they believe you were screwed-over too--but they're gonna want their money back.

oxy price is insane...depending on region/demand+supply $40 falls on the low end of average price, with them reaching $120 for a single 80mg OC in areas like KY

rude
03-08-2008, 12:40 AM

It really has nothing to do with it being 1 pill---an 80mg oxycontin is the same as 8--10mg percodans except the contins are time released. They have no tylenol so they wont damage your liver if you have a large habit. Their euphoria is similar to hydrocodones/lortab/vicodin/percocet/percodan . I'm near kentucky and they only sell for 40-60 for 80mg ones as opposed to 8---10mg percocets selling for 56.00. Now of course the Purdue ones have a little higher value, as they are multipurpose unlike the teva ones. The Teva 40's sell for 20 bucks. No one will pay more because 4--10mg percodans will give you a better buzz than that 40 teva.

And dude not many people would buy 1000 pills at 20 bucks a pop without checking them out lol.

And how is 1 person unless they are a huge dealer going to sell off 100,000 80mg pills that fast to that many people without people finding out. It is not that easy to sell 2 million worth of drugs lmao and then skipping the country.

I'm sorry dude but it seems like you've watched too many movies. Not many of us have 20,000 cash lying around the house for 1000 pills and would just hand it over to some guy we dont know. And the fleeing the country bit??? You are thinking of movies where someone robs the guy of 500k in a drug deal and then the mob boss is chasing him across the country. And the killing you thing too thats not going to happen over a few OC's. Now maybe if you are doing ghetto deals or in downtown philly or something and try to rob someone, but many people here are in medium or small towns where you dont just murder people. Now people do get killed for drugs all the time, but all this other stuff you mention is just a little too Hollywood. That is not real life. Real life for people here is buying 5 or 50 pills, or going out and scoring 100 bucks of something daily. Now there are people here I'm sure who may be big dealers and some people buy several thousand bucks of stuff at a time, but most of the people here's reality is that they have scripts for meds or they score in the 20.00-100.00 per day range.

More Feen
03-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Hey Rude,

You're absolutely right--I don't have much/any first-hand experience with that type of situation and the way drugs are shown being bought & sold on TV & in movies isn't terribly accurate either.

I was and still am shocked at the going price for Oxy. The examples I used in my post reeked of Trainspotting's and Law and Order's, etc..., portrayal of large narcotics deals.

The situations/ examples I mentioned in that post weren't meant to be accurate, or realilstic. I just threw in some numbers to help illustrate my point.

The main point I was trying get at is that the going-rate for Oxy is unbelievably high. A small investment can yield a huge profit--regardless of whether that investiment is in real Oxy's, or equipment needed to fabricate bogus ones.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know if there's any other drug out there that even comes close to Oxy's average price per milligram? I still find this price amazing.

Around where I live, a person can get their month's supply of Oxy and pay just £5 for their co-payment. This is about $10 U.S. ( £1 = $2.01 as of now on Saturday, March 8th 2008).

Let's do the math:

Depending on their prescription, a person might get anywhere from 30-90 pills every month. Let's just take the low-end, and say 30 pills per month (Take 1 pill per day, PRN for Pn).

Bluesubaru says that $40 per (80mg) pill is a bargain in Kentucky, and often goes for $120 (wow!).

Let's split that difference, and call it $80 for 1, 80mg (Purdue) Oxy.

So theoretically, with a doctor's script and a $10 investment (co-pay), a person obtains 30, 80mg oxycontin pills. This person could, potentially, turn around and sell them all for $2,400--that's a profit of 24,000% (I'm nodding right now, my math might be off by a few zeros).

More than likely, this person would not sell all of his nice oxy's; just enough to pay the rent, make a car payment, take a wee bite out of his credit card balance, AND still get buzzed every day.

dan46
03-08-2008, 07:29 PM
There have been fake oxys for years now
My pal in S Am has told me about them as the large cartels down there are pressing them out
with large presses; some are just weakened oxys while others are pure bunk and some others have h and fent in them. NONE of the fakes are supposedly as good as the real oxys he gets with the EX on them. I havent seen any fakes, myself, so I dont know--just know what he tells me.

havok
03-09-2008, 01:10 AM
There have been fake oxys for years now
My pal in S Am has told me about them as the large cartels down there are pressing them out
with large presses; some are just weakened oxys while others are pure bunk and some others have h and fent in them. NONE of the fakes are supposedly as good as the real oxys he gets with the EX on them. I havent seen any fakes, myself, so I dont know--just know what he tells me.

Ya, I am actually surprised that there arent more fake OC's out there being how popular they are. It wouldnt be very hard for a cartel or other organized crime group to make a shitload of fake oc pills. The only thing that might make it somewhat difficult is the coating. However I don't think it would be that hard to pull off.

What they should do is put some fentanyl or other opiate in them instead of oxycodone so then people would think they are real and keep buying them. There actually was someone doing this awhile ago. They were pressing pills with 1.5mg of fentanyl in them that said OC and 80 on each side. I actually got a couple of them, and they got me higher than a normal 80mg OC would. However, they looked nothing like real OC's. They had no coating and were much smaller than a real OC80. They looked like shitty pressed exstacy pills. Obviously fake. Here is a link to the DEA website which has these fentanyl fake OC pills: http://www.dea.gov/programs/forensicsci/microgram/mg0406/mg0406.html

If someone did this same thing, but made the pills look totally real with the coating and everying, I bet most people wouldn't know the difference. You could make soo much money doing this considering fentanyl is very cheap and easy to produce, and OC's are in huge demand and have a limited supply. I can't believe more people haven't tried doing this.

Similar thing happened with quaaludes when they were outlawed. There were a lot of fake ones going around that usually had valium or some other benzo in them instead of the real stuff.

rude- it would be hard as hell to make convincing fake OC 80's - they are very distinctive. The reason almost all ecstasy pills are flat (on top and bottom) is because thats how tableting presses work best- You would have to buy a tableting press ($15,000 and up) and have a stamp made without raising any suspicions ($$$) and buy a bunch of pill material/binders, then get some type of coating that is the exact color and texture and doesn't wipe off easy.

It isn't nearly that expensive. Pill presses can easily make a rounded top like OC's are. The fentanyl OC's I got were rounded on the top. Also, you can get a good pill press for less than $1000. You can even make your own pill press for like $100. All you need is the die that says OC on one side, and 80 on the other, and a big vice that squeezes the powder in between the two sides of the die. Anyone with a CNC machine could easily make a OC pill press. The only hard part is making the coating look convincing.

So theoretically, with a doctor's script and a $10 investment (co-pay), a person obtains 30, 80mg oxycontin pills. This person could, potentially, turn around and sell them all for $2,400--that's a profit of 24,000% (I'm nodding right now, my math might be off by a few zeros).

You are exactly right. People with OxyContin prescriptions can make a TON of money. I know a lady that gets 120 of the 40mg OC's a month for $1.05 copay. She sells half of them for $20 each and is therefore making $1200 off of a $1.05 prescription.

Thank God for heroin. I can get a $20 bag of heroin that is stronger than 4 80mg OC's. A $5 shot of heroin gets me way higher than doing a $40 OC80.

oxycontin
03-09-2008, 01:24 AM
i have a very strong feeling that i have just got a batch of fake 80s. i know that they have oxy in them, but they just are not cutting it, im feeling as if im not getting as high as i should. im comparing to my scripted ones and they are identical to them. im confused.

Papa Verine
03-09-2008, 01:39 AM
Of course there are people producing counterfeit OC's.

As has already been mentioned, the prices people are paying for them in this country are fucking REDICULOUS!!! In China, they will conterfeit anything of value. Anything!!!

OC's are "of value".

We can discuss this and debate this all month but there's no denying that anything of value these days will be counterfieted. It's just the way it goes now...

If anyone's spending time counterfeiting $100 bills they might as well be counterfeiting 80mg OC's. They're easier to duplicate and .... in the long term... Counterfeiter's don't care. They know they're product will eventually be exposed as a fraud but before that happens they profit enormously on them.

Anyone who thinks a pill that can sell for $80 won't be counterfeited in today's world market is extremely naive. They regularly counterfeit things that are less valuable and more difficult to make.... C'mon!!!

underide
03-09-2008, 03:21 AM
i have a very strong feeling that i have just got a batch of fake 80s. i know that they have oxy in them, but they just are not cutting it, im feeling as if im not getting as high as i should. im comparing to my scripted ones and they are identical to them. im confused.

Tolerance??