PDA

View Full Version : Mixing methadone and subutex.

Myth
02-29-2008, 11:28 AM
I am currently prescribed 8mg of subutex daily for my opiate dependency. I came across a good amount of 10mg Methadone. Can I take a couple safely? Will it react with my subutex, or will it not work at all?

I want to get high. That's the bottom line. I've been clean for 3 months, and my fiance left me, I have tons of other problems, and I just want to be high for atleast a fucking minute.

So, how much should I take, if it's safe? Can I snort it (they are the little mali white kind)? Will it effect or interact with my subutex?

I just want to get high for one more time, please help.

nick
02-29-2008, 11:31 AM
The worst case scenario is that you won't feel the 'done.

So,

1.You can keep taking 'done till you break through the subs-which could/will be a waste.

or.

2.Wait for the subs to wear off.

Much luck and sorry about your relationship-it happens to us all.

OxyContinuously
02-29-2008, 11:32 AM
nah, don't take meth with the tex

because 'tex is a partial and meth is a full, agonist, the two will fight for space on the opiate receptor and methadone will LOSE...

plus, if god forbid you had taken the tex maybe a day or two prior, letting it stack in your system, and then you took the meth, you would be launched into WD...not fun at ALL

stick w/ one or the other, but from a "fun" point of view, if that's all you got, then go with the 'done, hands down..save the tex for days when u know you'll be sick

peace

Myth
02-29-2008, 11:47 AM
I've been on subs for 3 months straight, everyday.

So I should probably just say fuck it, get off the subs for a couple days, then take the dones?

What if I snorted the done? Will it have the same effect as snorting my subs? I usually take 4mg in the morning sublingually, and then snort the other 4mg throughout the day.

Myth
02-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Or should I say fuck both of those methods, and just snort 8mg of sub today and call it even? I've already taken 4mg, and ofcourse feel nothing except I'm not sick. I have an endless supply of subs, so that's not something of concern to me.

SpecialGuy69
02-29-2008, 11:55 AM
snort the sub and hope you feel something. maybe take some St. Johns Wort 30 mins before taking your sub dose.

Sniffing methadone hurts like a BASTARD no matter what kind of pills- its the methadone itself that hurts.

If you take the methadone for more than a day, you might have a hard time getting back on the subs - because of its long 1/2 life, methadone==>subutex transitions tend to risk precipitated withdrawls. Your risk would be lower because you would only be on methadone for a short time, but definitely a possibility.

nick
02-29-2008, 11:55 AM
I'd take the 'done orally due to it's excellent bioavailability.

Wether you take the subs or 'done is up to you man.

Much luck.

Myth
02-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks for all the posts; you guys really know what you're talking about.

I decided to say fuck the dones, and just snorted 4mg of sub, and have 8mg more for tonight. I actually get a little high from them if I snort them, and don't swallow the drip, but instead let it sit in my nasal cavity for awhile.

As for the SJW idea, where can I get some, how much should I take, is there any side-effects (I've heard of it being used as an anti-depressant), and does it really "get you high"?

Oh and one last thing. If I quit taking subs for 3 days, would it be safe to take the dones then? Or would I need to wait longer?

SpecialGuy69
02-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks for all the posts; you guys really know what you're talking about.

I decided to say fuck the dones, and just snorted 4mg of sub, and have 8mg more for tonight. I actually get a little high from them if I snort them, and don't swallow the drip, but instead let it sit in my nasal cavity for awhile.

As for the SJW idea, where can I get some, how much should I take, is there any side-effects (I've heard of it being used as an anti-depressant), and does it really "get you high"?

Oh and one last thing. If I quit taking subs for 3 days, would it be safe to take the dones then? Or would I need to wait longer?SJW has been rumored to work synergystically with bupe- to sway the metabolism of bupe towards the more agonist metabolites, thus getting you nicer than normal.

pun1178
02-29-2008, 01:32 PM
I know the feeling buddy Just be safe THe safest thing is like most posted eather wait till the subs wear off or snort the subs and like said "Pray for a buzz"

405FREEWAY
02-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah sniffing dones hurts like a mother fucker!!! I have sniffed all kinds of pills and many other things , too!! and those have got to be the worst. One time i gave my friend a 10mg done, now he likes to sniff things, and i forgot to warn him about the horrible burn. Well he sniffed it, called me an hour later. freaking out, " saying , oww.. i think my nose is gonna fall off, did i OD, it wont stop burning!!!! I just laughed at him, and said dont worry....you did not od and you will be fine eventually...
Okay , thats it... no sniffing m done for me....

Inspektahdek
02-29-2008, 02:28 PM
SJW has been rumored to work synergystically with bupe- to sway the metabolism of bupe towards the more agonist metabolites, thus getting you nicer than normal.

rumoured and tested not proven but people including myself (check my thread in the bupe forum "POSSIBLE HIGH IN BUPE TOLERANT INDIVIDUALS") who have tried it and its the onlything that has increased my bupe feeling, including right now, oh and my eyes get SUPER SUPER SUPER pinned when I combine SJW with bupe, moreso than any other opi, that's semi-proof that it's doing something

pun1178
02-29-2008, 02:32 PM
that brings back some stupid memmories it burns like snorting pepper lol actualy fentora mite be worse omg i thoughtmy nose was gonna melt off lol

Myth
02-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Worst thing I've snorted is the offbrand 40mg OC's, the ones that are bigger than the others, I think they are made by ethex...they'd make me tear up hardcore, lol.

Thanks again guys, I love you all for keeping me safe and giving good advice!

DreamSellerInc
07-14-2008, 08:49 PM
What is Sjw?

roxi*stardust
07-14-2008, 08:57 PM
What is Sjw?

St. John's Wort

It's an herbal product mostly used for it's anti-depressant properties. It worls on Serotonin, they actually warn against taking it with other SSRIs because the combo may cause Serotonin Syndrome. I have not heard of it being used for what they talked about in this thread but someone else might know more about it.

Suboxstitute
07-14-2008, 11:19 PM
St. John's Wort - it's a plant with a little yellow flower (at least I think it's little and yellow). Supposed to help with depression - can be bought at most drugstores (ie Walgreens) and all natural foods/health supplemental stores. Probably more "pure" if you buy at the latter.

MAY also potentate bupe (suboxone, subutex) if taken maybe 30 minutes prior to taking the sub.

Some people SWEAR by it for the anti-depressant properties and were able to avoid or stop anti-depressent drugs by taking it - google it - a few studies have been done but nothing realy conclusive. TONS of info out there about it, mixed opinions.

HTH

Sue

Roxi beat me to it. And you are supposed to stay OUT of the sun if you're taking it. I tried it for depression and it didn't really do anything.