PDA

View Full Version : Pseudoephedrine?

limitless_euphoria
02-24-2008, 03:54 AM
Now, a few years back I remember being able to take a bunch of ephedrine tablets or even pseudoephedrine tablets and get a nice speedy buzz off of them. I've heard there's all this talk about them reforumlating it to Sudafed PE which is useless as a decongestant (they did this to stop home made meth production). Now if I have some tablets that say pseudophedrine hcl (with what would appear to be an expiration date of Feb 2005) is that still the classic pseudoephedrine that will get me high? I figured since you guys are an intelligent bunch you might have the ansewr. Nowadays from what I hear to buy the "good" Sudafed you have to show I.D. and it's behind the pharmacy counter etc. FTR, Sudafed PE is CRAP (not only for trying to get high or make meth, but also for the purpose of actually relieving nasal congestion—from mine and the experience of others).

So what's the deal, hypothetically if I took like 8-10 of the classic red psuedoephedrine pills and maybe mixed it with some caffeine would I get a nice little buzz going? Who, among the intelligent ones here, wants to step up to the plate and field this question?

Levity
02-24-2008, 04:54 AM
Now, a few years back I remember being able to take a bunch of ephedrine tablets or even pseudoephedrine tablets and get a nice speedy buzz off of them. I've heard there's all this talk about them reforumlating it to Sudafed PE which is useless as a decongestant (they did this to stop home made meth production). Now if I have some tablets that say pseudophedrine hcl (with what would appear to be an expiration date of Feb 2005) is that still the classic pseudoephedrine that will get me high? I figured since you guys are an intelligent bunch you might have the ansewr. Nowadays from what I hear to buy the "good" Sudafed you have to show I.D. and it's behind the pharmacy counter etc. FTR, Sudafed PE is CRAP (not only for trying to get high or make meth, but also for the purpose of actually relieving nasal congestion—from mine and the experience of others).

So what's the deal, hypothetically if I took like 8-10 of the classic red psuedoephedrine pills and maybe mixed it with some caffeine would I get a nice little buzz going? Who, among the intelligent ones here, wants to step up to the plate and field this question?

I used to do this when studying and no Adderal was around.
It should get you going.

eveline
02-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Yep, regular Sudafed is still the same stuff. You can actually still get ephedrine (with guaifenesin)--it's behind the counter with the Sudafed and is called Bronkaid or Primatene tablets.

Edit: Oh, for clarification, Sudafed PE is phenylephrine. Why they called it "PE" when "PE" could clearly also stand for "pseudoephedrine", I don't know... but anyway, the new formula is a whole diff. drug, so if yours says "pseudoephedrine" it's the old stuff.

Papa Verine
02-24-2008, 09:29 AM
I remember taking a road-trip with a couple friends when I was younger. We didn't have any real drugs so I stopped at a drug store and bought a big box of Sudafed. Me and a friend proceded to eat them like candy and it turns out we made it A lot further on our trip then we shoul've. We stayed up all night wired, and driving. I got the stimulating effects of the Pseudoephedrine.

Any pills you have that say "Psuedoephedrine Hcl" are the good ole' traditional Sudafeds. The new ones on the shelf are a different drug. You should be able to get wired off what you have. Just take a handful or two...

Papa Verine
02-24-2008, 02:25 PM
OK, this thread gave me an idea.

I woke up today feeling way too sedated. I got 60 K-pins on Thursday and I've been eating them up. Last night I took a few mg's before bed and I just couldn't wake up today, despite having a pot of coffee.

So I see this thread and I remember using Pseudoephedrine as a stimulant years ago. I had about 60 30mg pills lying around and about an hour ago I decided to give em another try. I took 300mg and I have to say they brought me out from the fog. I'm feeling pretty damn good. I have my energy back, my headache went away, and I'm almost tempted to say I feel some comfortable euphoria.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has used this crap recreationally, besides the OP? I pretty much gave up stimulants years ago but I'm enjoying this.

Black_Pony
02-24-2008, 02:32 PM
I've never used it recreationally, but I have spent most of my life getting ear infections and bronchitis. When ever I get the sniffles, I dose the shit to dry me up nice and good. Works damn good.

Anyway, just so u guys know, you can still get real sudafed from behind the pharmacy counter. The deal is you just have to show them ID and sign for it now.

resorcinol
02-24-2008, 02:36 PM
OK, this thread gave me an idea.

I woke up today feeling way too sedated. I got 60 K-pins on Thursday and I've been eating them up. Last night I took a few mg's before bed and I just couldn't wake up today, despite having a pot of coffee.

So I see this thread and I remember using Pseudoephedrine as a stimulant years ago. I had about 60 30mg pills lying around and about an hour ago I decided to give em another try. I took 300mg and I have to say they brought me out from the fog. I'm feeling pretty damn good. I have my energy back, my headache went away, and I'm almost tempted to say I feel some comfortable euphoria.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has used this crap recreationally, besides the OP? I pretty much gave up stimulants years ago but I'm enjoying this.

I have. Lately I'll occasionally pop some with my opiates to counter the heavy sedation that usually comes later in the high.

it's slightly euphoric alone, and with opiates it seems to enhance the buzz.

It doesn't have anywhere near as much effect on the CNS as amphetamine because of pseudoeph's higher polarity but it has its uses. Ephedrine may even be a touch better than pseudoephedrine, it's also avaliable behind the counter.

EDIT: Note: only pseudoephedrine is useful, for both the intended and recreational/schoolwork purposes. Phenylephrine is useless. Gotta ask for the good stuff at the pharmacy counter.

Levity
02-24-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm quite encouraged by this.
I've been feeling really depressed and rundown lately, so I think I'll drop by the pharmacy later and give this a shot.

Wish me luck, and hope my fat ass doesn't have a heart attack (like I almost did two years ago when I was chugging coffee, chewing No-doz, and snorting Adderal during finals week).

resorcinol
02-24-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm on a nice solid dose of pods and a 120 mg extended release tablet of pseudoephedrine right now. It really does prevent heavy sedation from setting in like it usually does after an hour. This lets the euphoria remain the dominant effect for a longer period of time.

I'm gonna start doing this more often with my pods. Pseudoephedrine is pretty cheap.

Papa Verine
02-24-2008, 05:31 PM
It's not an amphetamine. I actually took a nap after doing laundry, washing dishes, feeding cats, playing with my daughter...etc...

But I did get a nice little boost for a couple hours. No crash like you'd get from cocaine or amphetamines... just a nice little boost that beats coffee any day and it was perfect for me today considering how much long-acting benzodiazepines I've been eating.

I guess you could say there's a time and a place for pseudoephedrine.

SpecialGuy69
02-24-2008, 05:44 PM
I keep a box of the red 30mg instant release pseudophederine hcl tablets in my office. On those days where I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open (not usually from nodding, just the opposite, from lack of sleep due to w/d's but anyways, moving along...) I'll eat one or two reds and it will wake me right up, WAY more than coffee or red bull. I'm very sensitive to amphetamine type substances, so my dosages are accordingly low.

Pseudophederine is VERY close to methamphetamine and amphetamine, on a molecular level. Check it out:

Pseudophederine
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/54/Pseudoephedrine_structure.svg/175px-Pseudoephedrine_structure.svg.png
Methamphetamine
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9f/Methamphetamine-2D-skeletal-.svg/200px-Methamphetamine-2D-skeletal-.svg.png
Amphetamine
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/28/Amphetamine-2D-skeletal.svg/220px-Amphetamine-2D-skeletal.svg.png

So you can see why they have similar properties...

bindegal
02-24-2008, 08:24 PM
You can't get ephedrine or pseudoephedrine meds OTC here anymore. So I use the plant stuff Ephedra or Ma Huang, a cup of made from that will wake you up. I only use it when I have the cold, it f'** up my sleep. And you have to be careful how you dose it, my x's, not a big girl but anyway, hands always started shaking when she took the same dose as I did.

The_Tortured_Soul
04-25-2008, 03:09 PM
If I take ten pseudophedrine it will give me a buzz and boost my energy, but does not give me a good high that I am looking for. I value EUPHORIA like a god. If I just get energy withouth euphoria then I might as well just be sober.

Softball
03-11-2009, 09:06 AM
You can't get ephedrine or pseudoephedrine meds OTC here anymore. So I use the plant stuff Ephedra or Ma Huang, a cup of made from that will wake you up. I only use it when I have the cold, it f'** up my sleep. And you have to be careful how you dose it, my x's, not a big girl but anyway, hands always started shaking when she took the same dose as I did.
I've recently started experimenting with Ma Huang. I used to hate the way straight pseudoephedrine made me feel, but the "speed boost" from ephedra is a little more subtle, a little less jittery. Plus, you can pretty much buy giant bags of the stuff unregulated and relatively cheap on the net.

I'm pretty sure that it's tolerance building, but not dependency building.

Spaazkaz
05-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Damn, I bought some a while ago for the same reason but i didn't realize people dosed so high. I thought anything over 100mg was dangerous as hell. Am I thinking ephedrine hcl? does psuedo differ in potency? Anyone know how ephedrine hcl compares to sulphate? I got bronkaid (which REALLY seemed to improve my mood when i had the flu a couple months ago) which is ephedrine sulphate 25mg and guaifenesin 400mg (probably shouldn't take too many of these because of the guaif. right?). Ive also heard from numerous people, that just like anything else it will lose its spark and you will develop a tolerance quickly, and once your tolerance gets up there a little the side effects are pretty intense? any clarity would be much appreciated!
wow, sorry for all the parenthesis (its a bad habit). -Spaz-

DCBA
05-13-2009, 08:58 AM

Actually ephedra plant is better than pseudo-ephedrine, and thats because it has more susbtances with much lookalike profiles.

But ephedrine/pseudo-ephedrine for me brings many physical effects and little CNS effects.

roxi*stardust
05-14-2009, 08:04 AM
I have never heard of people taking such high doses af pseudoephedrine either. I take 30-60mg and can't sleep, jittery, feel shitty. It poses the same risks as other stimulants. If you suffer from heart disease, high blood pressure, or obesity I would highly suggest not taking it in high doses or at all.

Restharrow
05-14-2009, 09:41 AM
I used to enjoy Ephedrine and Psuedo ephedrine. Good stimulants as long as i did not take too many.

In college days, I had a friend who bought "stimulant tablets" from over seas. They contained 25 mg. ephedrine sulfate, 25 mg phenylpropanolamine HCL, 25 mg. Diethylpropion HCL and 25 mg. of caffiene. 1 or 2 of those would keep me awake all night.

After he had a misunderstanding with Customs, he started getting pills without the Diethylpropion (its a C IV drug). The 3-way combo was good, but not the killer speed that contained the Diethylpropion.

Be careful with the Ephedra substances. They can run up BP and heart problems.

Will

ryan
05-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Real sudafed (pseudoephedrine HCL) will definitely give you stimulant effects, and I think works great as a decongestant. However, one day when I was stuffed up and not thinking clearly, I drank a huge late from starbucks and proceeded to eat 3 sudafed. It was a very unpleasant experience...the caffeine mixed with it gave me an extremely bad reaction...VERY jittery, upset stomach, dysphoria -- it almost quadroupled the effects of the caffeine (which i am very sensitive to anyways by itself).

I never knew you could get real ephedrine behind the counter..I'll have to check on that some time.

Restharrow
05-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Real sudafed (pseudoephedrine HCL) will definitely give you stimulant effects, and I think works great as a decongestant. However, one day when I was stuffed up and not thinking clearly, I drank a huge late from starbucks and proceeded to eat 3 sudafed. It was a very unpleasant experience...the caffeine mixed with it gave me an extremely bad reaction...VERY jittery, upset stomach, dysphoria -- it almost quadroupled the effects of the caffeine (which i am very sensitive to anyways by itself).

I never knew you could get real ephedrine behind the counter..I'll have to check on that some time.
In my state, you can buy ephedrine from behind the pharmacy counter without a script, you have to show a photo ID, sign for it, limits on how much can buy, etc.

The experience I get from ephedrine products is very dose dependent. Too much and I feel sick. With the old red pseudofed tabs, 2 of those with a cup of coffee was just right.

Locke
01-16-2010, 10:58 AM
I wanted to bump this thread because with the wave of new members (myself included!) it's important to remember the good 'ol standbys. While not exceptionally euphoric, pseudoephedrine works and its side effects have been studied, unlike mephedrone and the other RCs out there which have been discussed of late. I considered acquiring a few grams of mephedrone... but man. I don't know. I still might. But for now, I'll take a few hundred mgs of pseudoephedrine, drink a cup of coffee, and try to stay awake the rest of the day. Or at least long enough to find something better to do :D

krinkov
01-16-2010, 03:40 PM
~snip~ I've recently started experimenting with Ma Huang. ~snip~

Ma Huang is HUGE!!!!!

(See how many catch that one. LOL!!!)

Anyways, when I live in Michigan, you could still buy ephedrine OTC. Like said by others, all you have to do is sign and show ID. It is sold under the name Bronkaid or something like that. When I was in high school and wasn't getting much sleep, I would pop some of them and be more than able to stay awake and also got a nice buzz. If your girlfriend ran her hand up the hair on the back of your neck, your whole body would tingle. It did the same for her too. It could have been fun except, for me at least, it would fuck with my ability to perform properly and messed up an orgasm. It still worked, but just wasn't as pleasurable.
Also, one year a couple friend of mine and myself decided to drive to Florida for Spring Break. Being some one who didn't want to let others drive my car insisted on driving myself. I popped some ephedrine and was able to drive 26 hours straight to Key West from Michigan. Never fell asleep once. (that I remember. lol!)
Now, I really don't like the stuff anymore. Also, Crystal Meth and Ephedrine seem to be very close in effects to me. I think it's more of just the way my body works. It's not a bad thing though. I don't need a meth habit too.

Krinkov

Morphus
01-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Ma Huang is HUGE!!!!!

(See how many catch that one. LOL!!!)

Anyways, when I live in Michigan, you could still buy ephedrine OTC. Like said by others, all you have to do is sign and show ID. It is sold under the name Bronkaid or something like that. When I was in high school and wasn't getting much sleep, I would pop some of them and be more than able to stay awake and also got a nice buzz. If your girlfriend ran her hand up the hair on the back of your neck, your whole body would tingle. It did the same for her too. It could have been fun except, for me at least, it would fuck with my ability to perform properly and messed up an orgasm. It still worked, but just wasn't as pleasurable.
Also, one year a couple friend of mine and myself decided to drive to Florida for Spring Break. Being some one who didn't want to let others drive my car insisted on driving myself. I popped some ephedrine and was able to drive 26 hours straight to Key West from Michigan. Never fell asleep once. (that I remember. lol!)
Now, I really don't like the stuff anymore. Also, Crystal Meth and Ephedrine seem to be very close in effects to me. I think it's more of just the way my body works. It's not a bad thing though. I don't need a meth habit too.

Krinkov

So how'd that crank you shot a day or two ago work out? Apparently it wasnt that great as you're still comparing it to ephedrine.

port rhombus
01-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Pseudoephedrine has an awful lot of non-CNS effects to be used as a stimulant. Some of the doses discussed above are insane. 300mg?! I'd have a stroke for certain.

50-100mg of ephedrine, on the other hand, works quite well for me. But, I'm probably annoying to be around when I'm on it (more so than usual, even.) Nobody likes a tweaker.

zketrouble
03-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Damn, I bought some a while ago for the same reason but i didn't realize people dosed so high. I thought anything over 100mg was dangerous as hell. Am I thinking ephedrine hcl? does psuedo differ in potency? Anyone know how ephedrine hcl compares to sulphate? I got bronkaid (which REALLY seemed to improve my mood when i had the flu a couple months ago) which is ephedrine sulphate 25mg and guaifenesin 400mg (probably shouldn't take too many of these because of the guaif. right?). Ive also heard from numerous people, that just like anything else it will lose its spark and you will develop a tolerance quickly, and once your tolerance gets up there a little the side effects are pretty intense? any clarity would be much appreciated!
wow, sorry for all the parenthesis (its a bad habit). -Spaz-

My first recreational DRUG experience (not including weed as its a plant, not a drug) was when I was 14 and I drank a bottle of cough syrup with some dextromethorphan HBr and Guaif. I did my research beforehand and read that the guaif crap makes you puke, and I didn't take this fact seriously and prayed to the porcelin god for two hours before finally getting euphoric effects from the DXM. Not sure how bad the stuff is for you, but I learned the hard way that too much makes ya puke.

Thanat0s
03-28-2010, 09:48 AM
worth noting, re: subjective similarity of ephedrine and methamphetamine...

VERY often, esp in the midwest(hometown labs and such)
ephedrine(or the products of an INCOMPLETE meth synthesis) is often sold as speed.

to a not so experienced user the effects of ephed are identical to low quality methamphet,
sometime extracted purified ephed is a better stim than the worst of the methamphet out there...

Papa Verine
03-28-2010, 11:38 AM
worth noting, re: subjective similarity of ephedrine and methamphetamine...

VERY often, esp in the midwest(hometown labs and such)
ephedrine(or the products of an INCOMPLETE meth synthesis) is often sold as speed.

to a not so experienced user the effects of ephed are identical to low quality methamphet,
sometime extracted purified ephed is a better stim than the worst of the methamphet out there...

Hmmm...

I always considered ephedrine much weaker then amphetamine, dextroamphetamine, and comparing it to methamphetamine doesn't seem right at all.

I don't know... I'm not down there where all the crank is going around. I wouldn't know where to get any if I wanted it. It just doesn't seeem right that people are comparing it to ephedrine. Wouldn't there be a big enough difference, that customers attempting to buy meth who are sold ephedrine, would cry "rip-off" and want thier money back?

Thanat0s
03-28-2010, 01:57 PM
the comparison to ephed comes ONLY from very adulterated methamph and some people actually passing off extracted and washed psuedo and ephed as speed out here.

it really does happen,
not too surprising a bunch of speed users would both cut(or mis-produce) real m-amph or simply sell the first precursor usually refined in the meth synth process...

happens a LOT here in oklahoma...

Indy
03-28-2010, 02:01 PM
(not including weed as its a plant, not a drug)

lol

panda
03-29-2010, 04:03 AM
as far as i know, i have NEVER taken sudafed in my life!

i don't think i ever will either, even if i am sick. i would probably have a panic attack, if i took half of one. i hate how my mind works:(.

its funny though, i remember when they started putting them behind the counter and limiting how much you can get. my girls mom used to pop them like crazy, we even asked her why she is taking a cold medicine all the time. she said she always feels like she has a cold and is groggy. little did she know she was basically addicted to speed. she was pretty pissed when they only let her get so many.

i guess it aint a real funny story, o well.:p

devilsdrug
03-29-2010, 11:38 AM
u really want the herbal form