PDA

View Full Version : >>> Baclofen for fun ? <<<

pharmboy
02-21-2008, 01:26 AM
Anyone have any experiance with Baclofen, a rather

strong muscule relaxer? Just wondering if it had any

recreational qualities or if it was anything like Quaaludes

use to be. Me, never had it. But never say never.

If you have any input let me know. Thanks.

JonnyM
02-21-2008, 01:36 AM
Never heard of it but even if it doesn't have any recreational value I would keep it around because according to wikipedia it may help ease opiate withdrawal.

"Use in Addiction & Physical Dependence Baclofen is being researched for use in mitigating the physical side effects of alcohol and opioid withdrawal and possibly benzodiazepine withdrawal and the craving and breakdown in self-control in recovering cocaine addicts. The effect on the former is apparently much like that of clonidine whereas the mechanism in reducing cocaine craving (as seen in self-administration of cocaine in lab aminals &c.) appears to be a newly-discovered pharmacological effect."

NV12
02-21-2008, 07:55 AM
No, not at all. I have tons of bottles of these. They're about as much "fun" as getting your hand stuck in a toaster. Sorry... (all they do is make you sleepy).

Hammilton
02-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Actually, as I recall, they do have abuse potential at really high doses. Once you get up high enough it starts acting like a typical GABAergic, but the doses are pretty massive.

reddragon3668
02-21-2008, 04:40 PM
I took this for some time. They work very well as a muscle relaxant, with allot less sedating qualities as Soma (once you get used to them). They also work well in potentiating opiates.

For some people , it may have some qualities that would help mitigate the effects of withdrawal. But, for me, I can't take them while in withdrawals. They tend to make me more nervous and jittery when in withdrawals, if you can imagine that.

Recreationally, it may work for people not used to the medication for a while. When I first started taking it, I took three (can't remember the strength right now) one night and it knocked me for a loop. We were out of town visiting with in-laws and right after I took it, I drove up to a store to pick up some cigarettes. I remember making it back and pulling into the drive way. Next thing I knew it was an hour and a half later and I had woke up with my head on the steering wheel. My door was open like I had tried to get out, and the key alarm was dinging like crazy. I was mixing it with methadone and that instance reminded me of Valium.

To the OP, if they were free or scripted to me, I'd give it a try. Start slow and be careful. When you first start taking them, they can bite you in the ass before you know it. Have fun!

alowishus
02-21-2008, 04:58 PM
I agree w/ Mr. Dragon, 1st time user get hit hard, kncked me right out, but after a while they lost the effects,
Use w/ strong opi could be a good way to OD if you are new to both the drugs and in way over your head. Not sure but it seems likely enough.

I knew a guy that LOVED these and any other muscle relaxer for that fact, something about being wacked out of it he loved....he OD'd when he took him normal amount and the Doc had Rx'd some vic's for his knee.....he took what the doc said to take 5mg 4 times a day, that plus the other stuff stopped him living.

Alot of that going around lately.

Mallinckrodt
02-21-2008, 06:22 PM
I happened upon a few of these a while ago and when i looked them up, I seem to remember reading that it was mostly for use in MS patients. Is this true? Have people been rx'ed these for general muscle relaxant reasons, ie. in place of Flexeril?

I've just had them sitting here but from the sounds of some of these posts, they may come in handy.

pharmboy
02-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Sounds like there is still a need for real Quaaludes out there.

Robo any ideas on that?:rolleyes:

reddragon3668
02-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Your right, it is mostly used in the treatment of spasticity related to MS. It is really helpful in relieving muscle spasms. That was why I was put on it. And, yes, it can be a substitute for Flexeril or Soma. It actually worked much better than both of those for me.

I happened upon a few of these a while ago and when i looked them up, I seem to remember reading that it was mostly for use in MS patients. Is this true? Have people been rx'ed these for general muscle relaxant reasons, ie. in place of Flexeril?

I've just had them sitting here but from the sounds of some of these posts, they may come in handy.

Chemical_Boy
02-22-2008, 03:01 PM
All I have to say about Baclofen for fun is......... Yuck!

LorTabitha
02-22-2008, 03:55 PM
I was scripted baclofen about 5 years ago. I couldn't feel them at all. It was like taking sugar pills.

Mom
02-22-2008, 04:55 PM
I have been on Baclofen for about seven years. It helps quite a bit with my spasticity/muscle spasms caused by my MS. I have never noticed any "recreational" value to them, however, considering all of the pain meds that I'm on, I'm not sure I would be aware if there were any effects from them besides the curbing of the muscle spasms. One problem I am having with them is that I have reached the maximum oral dose that is safe so even though my body needs an increase in the dose, the only way to accomplish it will be an intrathecal pump, which I'm not sure I'm ready for. The one upside to having the pump implanted would be that I could also get pain meds through it too so it would be another step in helping to control my pain.

I hope this helps to answer some of your questions about Baclofen.

Hugz,
Mom

God_Albino
02-22-2008, 05:30 PM
ive been on 6+ muscle relaxers this year including baclofen, they all feel like benedryl to me, just nasty and poisoned.

one of my friends with back problems likes em, says they give her energy and make her giddy. makes me sick thinking about taking this or flexeril trying to get a recreational dose, ugh