PDA

View Full Version : Snorting Opana...

StrungOutAgain
02-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Alright so I'm wondering if I can snort my 10mg ER Opana? I know I made a thread about being prescribed Opana already but for some reason that one just got ignored like most of my posts so often do (maybe I'm invisible or something but I'll leave that for a different post, time, and not to mention foruim) So anyway as for my tolerance is about 50mg or more hydrocodone CWE of course. I was thinking maybe Snorting half of the 10 or so. Also I need to know if there's any special things I have to do it or can I just crush and snort? Anyway thats all, thank you in advance to the comments on this I'm hopeful to recieve....

LayinLow
02-20-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm sure you can snort it, but that extended release in the pill will probably mess everything up and turn it into gel. Or if it doesn't gel up, you probably are only getting a low % of the drug because the makers of ER opana knew someone would want to do this, and tried making it very hard to make it IR in your nose. But what do i know.

Thebane
02-20-2008, 11:23 AM
I think the bio-availability of oxymorphone from lowest to highest is nasal, oral, plugging, IVing. So if I were you I wouldn't snort it, eat it or plug it. I'm assuming you wouldn't be asking about snorting if you IVed.

I've read this a lot, but have no real experience so you may want to wait until someone actually on opana or with more medical knowledge posts. But I wanted to make sure you know you're not really invisible, so I posted.

reddragon3668
02-20-2008, 12:04 PM
From everything I have been able to gather from forums and such, snorting Opana ER increases the bio-availability to above 40%. From personal experience, I can attest to the fact that it works way better when insufflated. I haven't read anything about people plugging the shit. If anyone's ever tried it, I would like to hear about it.

I've never had the 10's; I take 3 40's a day. The 40's crush up real easy, not quite as fine as a Roxi, but close. I don't even worry about removing the outter coating, it crushes up very easily as well. If you do want to get rid of the coating, the easiest way to do it is to use a very slightly damp paper towel. Be careful not to get it too wet because those pills will gel up real easy. Once/if you get the coating off, use a glass ashtray or a heavy drinking glass to crush it up.

With some help from the board here, I learned that you need to snort it hard enough that you get as much of it as possible onto the mucus membranes. Otherwise, you will notice it gelling up and sliding down the back of your throat.

Opana snorted will give you a speedy feeling closely akin to the feeling of Roxi. There is allot variation in opinion as to its equipotentcy compared to oxycodone. The most consistent estimate that I've found is that its about 3x's as potent as oxy. Comparatively, a 10mg pill would be equal to about 30mg of oxycodone. I would think that you'd be fine snorting the whole pill. But, for safety sake (given that you have a fairly low tolerance), I would go with your first instinct and just do half a pill. You can always adjust up from there.

One more thing: I have noticed that snorting Opana does not seem to affect its time-release properties. I'm not sure how that happens, but I can easily get by with dosing every 10-12 hours or so, making it the best thing since cotton candy! :D

Good luck, have fun, and be safe!

rizzo
02-20-2008, 12:16 PM
is opana the pill that kinda looks like a vitamin,white with red in it?

reddragon3668
02-20-2008, 12:33 PM
They're all the same octagon shape. Different strengths have different colors. The 40's I get are yellow.

is opana the pill that kinda looks like a vitamin,white with red in it?

StrungOutAgain
02-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Thank you reddragon I hoped you'd respond to this cause I know you're on opana. Not sure if anyone else is? I'm very excited and nervous to try this because I've never snorted anything in my whole life. Anyone care to offer any pointers on that one for me? Also about it still lasting the whole 12 hours is it stronger than orally for the whole 12 hours? By the way my pills are octagon and orange reminds me of how bupe looks. Thanks again for your help.

betmylife
02-20-2008, 06:22 PM
I used to snort the 40s when I could get em.....they rule......I use a fine wire strainer to break em down........finer powder, better high IMO......

BML

Andrew T
02-20-2008, 06:33 PM
I used to snort the 40s when I could get em.....they rule......I use a fine wire strainer to break em down........finer powder, better high IMO......

BML

Rather than crush a pill (oxy or opana) I usually "shave" them down. The finer the powder the quicker the pill absorbs. It will also prevent the gell from clumping up in your nasal passages. If you don't have a wire strainer, a water/hose clamp works just fine. Use the back side of the clamp. You can find them in the automotive section of most gas stations.

samsong
02-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Insufflated opana is a lot better than oral, like night and day IMO. I use the 5mg IRs and fucking love them--on the IRs though, the only downside is that the entire pill is about 200mgs with only 5mgs of that being the oxymorphone, so it is a shitload of powder, especially when you want to rail 15-20mgs a sitting. I can only do 2 of the 5mgs at once and then can do another 2 about 30 minutes later and I feel way better than doing a roxi 30. I don't get the typical speedy oxy feeling, more like a very alert, very happy, natural high, like yeah, THIS is how life should be normally. I don't know man, but IMO, it is perhaps as close to being the perfect fucking pill that is made (cept of course al the powder, but that is more of a minor annoyance than anything else). For those that IV, it is an instant love affair (IR version, not sure about ER)