PDA

View Full Version : Bioavailability and ROA

duper
02-08-2008, 05:37 AM
Okay, so I've read that instant release Oxycodone has 100% oral bioavailability. So what would be the advantage of insufflation versus rectal? I mean besides the faster onset since it all gets absorbed anyway. Which ROA has the longer duration? I'd really prefer length of effects over intensity.

SpecialGuy69
02-08-2008, 05:56 AM
only thing that has 100% bioavailability is IV. Oral oxycodone's bioavailability is high and it suits your goals exactly. Eat 'em

RxQueen
02-08-2008, 07:46 AM
i'm not 100% certain, but length of high (from longest to shortest): oral, rectal, snorted, IV. i think that's correct... and yeah, the oral bioavailability of oxy isn't 100%, but it's damn close (somewhere in the 90's i believe). listen to AO, and swallow them suckers!

reddragon3668
02-08-2008, 08:14 AM
AO is right.. swallow the suckers. I've been snorting mine, but its just the ritual. I never really bothered snorting anything until I got put on Opana. It definitely works better snorted. And, it last longer... I don't get that, but it does. Of course, I wish I would have never done it, cause they were working just fine orally. But, leave it to a junkie to fuck things up! LOL

I don't get much these days from Roxi's... so, it doesn't really matter to me if I snort or swallow them. The quantity of pills last longer if I snort them, because I can easily swallow 300mg of oxy, whereas, you can only snort so much powder. So, for me, it makes them a bit more efficient, and helps calm the fiend in me... LOL But, if you get something from them, swallow them. It works much better and last allot longer as RxQ pointed out.

Be safe!

SpecialGuy69
02-08-2008, 08:27 AM
like red said- snorting six 15mg roxis can get pretty cumbersome. If I was tryin to get fucked up, I'd probably swallow half, wait about 15 minutes, then snort the other half. But thats just because I have this thing for sniffing pills. If you dont have that thing, dont get it. The other day, I swallowed six perc 10's and I was shocked to find that I was high for 2.5 hours! Off only 6! W0W. Swallowing works just fine.

Woody Bear
02-21-2008, 12:11 PM
i'm not 100% certain, but length of high (from longest to shortest): oral, rectal, snorted, IV. i think that's correct... and yeah, the oral bio-availability of oxy isn't 100%, but it's damn close (somewhere in the 90's i believe). listen to AO, and swallow them suckers!
Maybe that's right in terms of how long the high lasts. But in terms of bio-availability it goes oral < snorted < rectal < IV. You have far more veins and mucus membrane surface area up your bum then you do in your nose. So plugging beats snorting in terms of efficiency and intensity any day. But when it comes to oxycodone, because it already has such good oral bio-availability there isn't as much of an improvement from more efficient ROA's compared to something like morphine.

wafflehead77
02-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Maybe that's right in terms of how long the high lasts. But in terms of bio-availability it goes oral < snorted < rectal < IV. You have far more veins and mucus membrane surface area up your bum then you do in your nose. So plugging beats snorting in terms of efficiency and intensity any day. But when it comes to oxycodone, because it already has such good oral bio-availability there isn't as much of an improvement from more efficient ROA's compared to something like morphine.

For some drugs this is true, but not oxycodone. Im not sure about oral vs rectal, but oral bioavailability of oxycodone is higher than intranasal.

Nevermind. I didnt read your whole post before responding. My apologies.