PDA

View Full Version : Eliminating track marks

tui
01-19-2008, 03:35 PM
My arms are bad. I haven't used them in a year, but i still have wide thick blue scars that haven't faded at all. I use my wrists now, and those scars are fine, but my inner elbows are screwy from shooting way too much coke.

I reallly don't want to have to wear long-sleeved shirts to work for the rest of my life.

Has anyone heard of cosmetic surgery for track marks?

There's gotta be a way....

t

motts
01-19-2008, 04:32 PM
I use a lot of hemp butter / cocoa butter from "The body shop" with antibiotic cream from CVS or somewhere and I apply after a shower, at least 1-2 weeks after binges. I think it tends to heal faster as well as prevent long time scaring.

As far as your scars I would find a scar creme, or ask a doctor for a good scar cream, with the application of hemp/cocoa butter, but a scar is a scar in all reality, hope this helps.

Saint
01-19-2008, 04:46 PM
I still have trackmarks on the inside of both my elbows and I haven't used in 8 years.. and yes, I always wear long sleevs to work. I hate it because it feels like being punished for eternity, a punishment for something you aren't even doing anymore.

My scars have become whiter with the years but on the left there is a clearly visible little hole (I always stuck my needle in the same spot back then: it was sort of a 'direct highway to my vein' so to speak) and that's there to stay.
The right side is even worse because I had a collapsed vein there once. My skin is quite thin and pale so you can clearly see the collapsed veins running under my skin. I'm ashamed of it and have asked about plastic surgery too but my doc told me that it's almost impossible at that particular spot because you tend to use your arms and bend your elbows all the time so the skin won't heal properly or something like that.
If it were only on one side I would make up some sort of excuse but since it's on both my arms it's pretty obvious.. On the other hand, I have to learn how to live with my scars. I mean, why should I feel guilty and ugly all the time over something I quit doing ages ago?
I'm not doing anything wrong. Naturally I'd rather not want my past to come out but when people ask me why I always wear long sleeves - even in the summer - I just tell them I'm frustrated about my 'chickenfilet' upperarms if I don't know them (and that isn't so far from the truth really), some I do trust so I tell them about my past, some have figured it out for themselves..
I know it's not always nice or beautiful but we have to come to terms with it. Try to be proud of having come this far already.. I consider them a 'sigh of the past' - at times they whisper to me and I try not to listen anymore.. and a scar doesn't make you less of a person, maybe even more.

havok
01-19-2008, 05:01 PM
I have the same problem. I havent injected in my arms in over a year, but I still have dark blue splotches where I used to shoot.

I have come to the conclusion that it is almost like a tattoo, in that the skin is permenatly stained from the black tar heroin I used. I think it is possible that laser tattoo removal might work for removing these scars.

It isn't really scars from the actual needle marks, but more like a bruise that won't go away. I think that it is caused only by black tar heroin, but I could be wrong.

Boudica
01-19-2008, 07:22 PM
No, it ain't just from blk tar, unfortunately. Livin' proof. But if you are willing to go to the "tannery" 2-3 times a week, an put some dark tan on, you will be amazed at how much they become "invisible". There's just that pesky lil problem of having to "tan" for the rest of your life, but in the summertime, it's nice to be able to wear sleeveless clothes.

Also, there is this "wonder makeup" called Dermablend, and I'm telling you that shite works and works well. They've been around for over 40 yrs so that says a lot. Now they also have different forms of their cover product, like in a tube that you can rub on large body parts like a whole arm, whatever, and it covers everything. It stays on too, even thru sweating, and doesn't rub off on your clothes. Expensive, but worth it, and a lil goes a long way.

mollywopped
01-19-2008, 07:47 PM
I have the same problem. I havent injected in my arms in over a year, but I still have dark blue splotches where I used to shoot.

I have come to the conclusion that it is almost like a tattoo, in that the skin is permenatly stained from the black tar heroin I used. I think it is possible that laser tattoo removal might work for removing these scars.

It isn't really scars from the actual needle marks, but more like a bruise that won't go away. I think that it is caused only by black tar heroin, but I could be wrong.

I have the same thing. I went to a dermatologist a while back and he told me that they are iron stains from blood leaking out of the veins. I guess what can happen is you poke so many holes in the vein that after awhile in some spots bits of blood leak out and I guess gets trapped under the skin. It heals, the blood and bruises go away, but the skin is stained from the iron in the blood.

Mine have gotten lighter over the last year because I stopped using my arms for the most part. What that doctor told me makes sense, but I have a feeling like you, that tar has something to do with it.

He told me he could use the laser on them, but get this. He said he would do 2 or 3 spots that were not real visible because there could be 3 possible outcomes; they could get better or go away, they could stay exactly the same or they could get worse. I don't rememebr exactly how much it would have been to do it, but it was something like $200 per session and I would have needed between 5 and 7 sessions. Needless to say, I haven't done it.

I have used Vitamin E oil and scar gel, which is some shit they sell at most pharmacies that is specially made to help fade scars and stretch marks. Both have worked alright on my scars, but nothing except time has helped with those iron spots. But for just plain old scars, I think that the lasers that dermatologists use would work really well to fade them. It is a bit expensive though, especially depending on how many sessions you would need and I don't think most insurance companies will pay for it.

Levity
01-20-2008, 01:49 AM
Vitamin E - like the ones in those gel caps meant to be swallowed - is great for scar reduction.
It really helped the ones I have.

Give it a shot.

tui
01-20-2008, 02:28 AM
Give it a shot.

he he!

Thanks all, some great advice. Anyone ever used rosehip oil? I hear that can work miracles...

t

Tea Time
01-20-2008, 02:59 PM
I hesitated to post this because of how bad it sounds, but my brother (in a particularly drug-addled and desperate state) about five years ago ended up using a very sharp knife to literally cut his tracks off. I am being completely serious here. The cuts were not very deep at all, definitely not life threatening or anything of that nature. And as crazy as his logic was, it was not a suicide attempt. He just was particularly inebriated and tired of having tracks. But believe it or not, now he is left with no visible track marks and about 3 very visible scars and about seven or eight less visible ones. But as Boudica said, tanning helps even these disappear almost magically. He doesn't tan in a tanning bed, but living in Texas is naturally outside year-round. But his cut scars are much easier to explain to just about anybody than tracks, especially the dark blue and purple ones that you guys were talking about. Like I said, I hate to even post this because I'm not recommending it. But I'm just sayin'...:confused-

tui
01-20-2008, 03:19 PM
^^Ha! Don't worry Tea Time, I'm not that desperado yet... yet. Good story though.

Might try fake tan. I'm tanned right now because it's summer here, but the insides of my arms are paler even so.

I used to do tanning beds but apparantly if you do those regularly you're 98% more likely to get skin cancer!! And even if you go once you're 20% more likely. Pretty fucked.

t

Boudica
01-20-2008, 06:02 PM
^^Ha! Don't worry Tea Time, I'm not that desperado yet... yet. Good story though.

Might try fake tan. I'm tanned right now because it's summer here, but the insides of my arms are paler even so.

I used to do tanning beds but apparantly if you do those regularly you're 98% more likely to get skin cancer!! And even if you go once you're 20% more likely. Pretty fucked.

t

This does indeed put one firmly inside the "damned if ya do, damned if ya don't" syndrome. It so sucks. The tan-in-a-bottle idea is definately worth exploring, Tui. Whoever is the first to give it a go, and has some results worth postin' about, do tell, mates.

I'm-Nod-Addicted
01-20-2008, 08:16 PM
I started a similar thread a few weeks ago:

http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=14169

kil092286
01-20-2008, 09:20 PM
I believe someone already said this but vitamin e pills work great ... the gel cap ones, just break it open and rub it on the track marks... also cocoa butter w/ vitamin e works good... and if you need to hide them immediatley I used to use my girlfriends cover up stick, just a little tab in each spot and rub it in and its like magic.

goagirl23
01-20-2008, 10:32 PM
I use Arnica oil during the day and Lavender essential oil at night. I think they work pretty well...

Seedy
01-20-2008, 10:46 PM
I believe someone already said this but vitamin e pills work great ... the gel cap ones, just break it open and rub it on the track marks...

They also work well to get rid of those unsightly bags under your eyes. Great stuff. probably works for wrinkles too...

Boudica
01-20-2008, 11:07 PM
They also work well to get rid of those unsightly bags under your eyes. Great stuff. probably works for wrinkles too...

Well, I certainly don't need them then.

I-Nod-Addicted
Complete Shithead

For some strange reason, I have always found meself attracted to nothing but shitheads.

I'm-Nod-Addicted
01-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Heh, that's funny 'cause I have a thing for Professional Witch/Ancient Warrior Queen/Fighter of Wrong-doings/Wenches.

And look, we both have red hair!
:D

Boudica
01-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Heh, that's funny 'cause I have a thing for Professional Witch/Ancient Warrior Queen/Fighter of Wrong-doings/Wenches.

And look, we both have red hair!
:D

Whoo hoo! The Gods/Goddesses hath spoken, via our similarities and mutual attraction(s)!

The redder, the better...

*I SO appreciate a fella who is attracted to Wenches.

scarlettt
01-22-2008, 01:15 AM
Tui, if you decide to go the fake tan route, Neutrogena and Loreal' make some really good self tanners that are reasonably priced. I've been using both for years... and I think they work just as well as the really expensive ones.

Palmers Cocoa Butter (it contains cocoa butter and vitamin E) and Mederma helps with the appearance of scars. Can be found at any Walgreens or CVS.

Also, there is surgery for scars, called dermabrasion. I think there's others.. not sure what they are.

Don't know how effective this will be for scars, but in case some one comes across this that needs to cover up some bruising in a hurry, a concealer made with a yellow undertone will cancel out the color of bruises. Some make up lines at the mall have these type of concealers, but they can get pricey. Physicians Formula carries it, is affordable, and can be found at most WalGreens or places like that.

I know it sounds weird, "yellow" to neutralize purple/blue and "green" to cancel out redness, but it really does work. The yellow one works wonders on dark eye circles too. That's what it's made for, actually.

underide
01-22-2008, 04:10 AM
For some strange reason, I have always found meself attracted to nothing but shitheads.

Well, as one of my good long time friends (who is actually a girl) used to say:

"Girls like dicks"...

Boudica
01-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Well, as one of my good long time friends (who is actually a girl) used to say:

"Girls like dicks"...

...and wankers and gupshites, oh my.

I don't know HOW many times I've said to meself, "wtf was I THINKING."

mollywopped
01-22-2008, 09:01 PM

You know what works well for bags? Preperation H, the hemmorrhoid cream. I know a guy who used to do a lot of meth so he would stay up for days on end. His wife would always know because of the bags under his eyes, so he strated using prep H on them and she couldn't tell any more. I guess it tightens up the skin for a short time.

Boudica
01-22-2008, 09:38 PM
You know what works well for bags? Preperation H, the hemmorrhoid cream. I know a guy who used to do a lot of meth so he would stay up for days on end. His wife would always know because of the bags under his eyes, so he strated using prep H on them and she couldn't tell any more. I guess it tightens up the skin for a short time.

EWWWWWWWW.

I'm-Nod-Addicted
01-22-2008, 09:45 PM
EWWWWWWWW.

It's not like you have to rub it in your ass before you use it on your face. It's just Hydrocortisone cream or some shit....isn't it?

Boudica
01-22-2008, 09:58 PM
It's not like you have to rub it in your ass before you use it on your face. It's just Hydrocortisone cream or some shit....isn't it?

I know. It's just the feeling I get when I think about it. Creams, ointment, whatever, all are meant to be applied to the skin, no matter where that skin is located on the body. I just sorta cringe when I think of ass-cream on me face. It's a personal issue.

tui
01-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Tui, if you decide to go the fake tan route, Neutrogena and Loreal' make some really good self tanners that are reasonably priced. I've been using both for years... and I think they work just as well as the really expensive ones.

Palmers Cocoa Butter (it contains cocoa butter and vitamin E) and Mederma helps with the appearance of scars. Can be found at any Walgreens or CVS.

Also, there is surgery for scars, called dermabrasion. I think there's others.. not sure what they are.

Don't know how effective this will be for scars, but in case some one comes across this that needs to cover up some bruising in a hurry, a concealer made with a yellow undertone will cancel out the color of bruises. Some make up lines at the mall have these type of concealers, but they can get pricey. Physicians Formula carries it, is affordable, and can be found at most WalGreens or places like that.

I know it sounds weird, "yellow" to neutralize purple/blue and "green" to cancel out redness, but it really does work. The yellow one works wonders on dark eye circles too. That's what it's made for, actually.

Scarlett, great tips! Thanks.

That yellow-undertone concealer totally makes sense, i'll go find myself some and report back.

I know (okay... i'll admit it... i saw on the swan) that they use dermabrasion for great results on burn scars. So it probably would reduce the appearance of tracks pretty well.

I'm starting a new job next week and it's mid summer. i don't want to always be in long-sleeves or sitting with my arms bent. The worst thing is reaching for something in front of a work colleague...

I've been busted by someone at work before when my sleeve rode up. He was very surprised, but luckily a really good guy, so he kept it under his hat.

t

strikks
01-23-2008, 08:00 PM
swim been shootin the blue mscontin(endo) 100mgs and the 200 mg ms for over 2 years swim is very worried about all the crap that is in them but swim has not used his left arm for 13 months and there are blue marks on every vein swim bought that prefer on it is made by the same assholes that make head on that headache crap and it seems to work on the scarring but the tattoo like color has not even faded swim thought it was the blue and green coloring from the pills but the iron from leaking blood makes sense swim gets 2- 200mg mscontin a day but since the shooting began there is no turning back swim would have to eat 6-200mgs aday to even come close to the iv effects swim needs to tell his doctor so he ups swim but is afraid of getting shut off but this has to end swim has not felt any consequnces yet other than the scarring but another year of this and who knows?????? it is bad mmmkkkk drugs r bad mmmkkk??

peace

jerry is my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm-Nod-Addicted
01-23-2008, 08:56 PM
swim been shootin the blue mscontin(endo) 100mgs and the 200 mg ms for over 2 years swim is very worried about all the crap that is in them but swim has not used his left arm for 13 months and there are blue marks on every vein swim bought that prefer on it is made by the same assholes that make head on that headache crap and it seems to work on the scarring but the tattoo like color has not even faded swim thought it was the blue and green coloring from the pills but the iron from leaking blood makes sense swim gets 2- 200mg mscontin a day but since the shooting began there is no turning back swim would have to eat 6-200mgs aday to even come close to the iv effects swim needs to tell his doctor so he ups swim but is afraid of getting shut off but this has to end swim has not felt any consequnces yet other than the scarring but another year of this and who knows?????? it is bad mmmkkkk drugs r bad mmmkkk??

peace

Are you related to 'Chicago' by any chance? :p

tui
01-24-2008, 03:43 AM

peace

DON'T tell your doc you're been shooting it!!!!!

t

oxydose
01-28-2008, 11:06 AM
No, it ain't just from blk tar, unfortunately. Livin' proof. But if you are willing to go to the "tannery" 2-3 times a week, an put some dark tan on, you will be amazed at how much they become "invisible". There's just that pesky lil problem of having to "tan" for the rest of your life, but in the summertime, it's nice to be able to wear sleeveless clothes.

Also, there is this "wonder makeup" called Dermablend, and I'm telling you that shite works and works well. They've been around for over 40 yrs so that says a lot. Now they also have different forms of their cover product, like in a tube that you can rub on large body parts like a whole arm, whatever, and it covers everything. It stays on too, even thru sweating, and doesn't rub off on your clothes. Expensive, but worth it, and a lil goes a long way.

u know that sounds like a awesome idea, i got bad tracks that dont seem to ever get better, on both inner elbows, and up the side of one forarm very badly, ima give this a try, seems to make sence that the darker color of my tracks would be very less noticable with a deep tan.. thanks...

and whomever said its like a punishment is so right, I feel horrible having to wear a long sleeve in the summer, it sucks fucking ass...

edit; hey scarlette how long does that self tanning stuff last, and does it look right? id mostly just be interested in using it just on my lower arms, may sound dumb but fuck it, its better than being hot as fuck all the time in the summer. Do you think I could mimic the results im looking for by doing it like this?...

scarlettt
01-28-2008, 03:42 PM
edit; hey scarlette how long does that self tanning stuff last, and does it look right? id mostly just be interested in using it just on my lower arms, may sound dumb but fuck it, its better than being hot as fuck all the time in the summer. Do you think I could mimic the results im looking for by doing it like this?...

The thing about self tanners is that they fade according to how fast your skin sheds.
That's what happening when it starts to get that "spotty" look after several days (or longer, depends on the person). Gross, I know, but what you need to do is exfoliate your arms before putting it on... and when it starts to look blotchy.. then it's time to exfoliate again. This will take care of it.

Also, i would be sure to get a lite or medium self tanner if your just doing the bottom of your arms. Be sure not to get Dark. The tanner will blend better w/ the rest of your arms if it's medium or lite.

*If you aren't sure what exfoliating is.. shoot me a pm and I'll explain a simple way to do it.:)