PDA

View Full Version : Tramadol Withdrawal?

I-Nod
01-10-2008, 03:51 AM
I've been clean (<-for lack of a better word) for 5 or 6 wks now, and ran into some Tramadols recently. After taking 100mg, I actually felt pretty damned good, surprisingly.

I'd been rx'd these before, but w/ all the OC's, Kadians, Opanas, Pods (and anything else that wasn't bolted down) I was putting in me, I never got even a slight effect from them. Now I'm finding them to be pleasantly nice.

Now I'm wondering a couple things... has anyone here experienced WD's from Tram's? And if so, how bad were they? (Is there a comparison to another opiate, for example?)

I'd hate to keep eating these things then come to find out the WD's are worse than OC's or something! Shit... if I have to kick again so soon, I might as well cave in and get something good. :D

havok
01-10-2008, 04:20 AM
There is withdrawals from tramadol just like any other opiate. You can't get high without paying a price. The withdrawals all depend on how much you take. Basically, the higher you get, the worse the withdrawals will be when you come down. A shitload of tramadol will give you worse withdrawals than a small amount of oxycodone. In general though, tramadol has less withdrawals than oxycodone or morphine.

underide
01-10-2008, 04:38 AM
From what i heard tram withdrawals could be just as bad or sometimes even worse.
i could be wrong here though, and have never had any personal experience with tram.

I also heard that some people are much more prone to get a very shitty withdrawal from them, and seem to be generally more sensitive to it's effects, but i suppose that could be said about just about any other opie.
whatever it is though, i presume the wd's won't be fun, and like you say - if you're going to get re-addicted, might as well have some (better) fun along the way, if you have such an option

havok
01-10-2008, 04:59 AM
From what i heard tram withdrawals could be just as bad or sometimes even worse

Ya, like I said, if you take enough tramadols, you will have just as bad withdrawals as any other opiate. Withdrawals depend more on how much you take rather than which particular type of opiate you are taking.

I imagine if you take a huge amount of tramadol every day for a year, you will have just as bad withdrawals as if you were quiting heroin.

irish
01-10-2008, 06:20 AM
I have read that withdrawal from tramadol can actually be worse than regular opiates. I think this is because it also acts like an anti-depressant and adds the kind of withdrawal you can get from drugs like paxil.

axe
01-10-2008, 06:31 AM
Tramadol wds can be virtually eliminated if one takes enough loperamide.
Without it, the wds can be hellish.

axe

resorcinol
01-10-2008, 07:47 AM
I have read that withdrawal from tramadol can actually be worse than regular opiates. I think this is because it also acts like an anti-depressant and adds the kind of withdrawal you can get from drugs like paxil.

Yep tramadol w/d is like mild codeine like opioid w/d with SNRI w/d added on (brain zaps, lethargy, dizziness, etc). So it can feel pretty nasty.

CIIORNOTHING
01-10-2008, 07:59 AM
The worst anxiety I ever had in my life was coming off a tramadol binge. I took about 15 100mg tablets a day for about a week, and the just cold stopped. (i didnt think they had WD issues) The sweats and chills and stomach problems werent as bad as opies, but the goddamn anxiety and "jump out of your skin" feeling was worse than anything I ever experienced. I thought I was going out of my mind. Couldnt lay still for three seconds. Totally freaked out for over 24 hours.

They arent hardly worth it to me now expect to stay out of opie withdrawl until I get something else.

I-Nod
01-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Wow, thanks a lot guys... that's what I was afraid of, but needed some reassuring confirmation from some Opio-warriors. :D

I'm not against paying the piper (in the form of WDs)... but if I'm going to buy the ticket, wish it didn't have to be at KiddieLand.

On the bright side: I must've gotten everything out of my system for the most part (including the dreaded, long lasting Pod-a-done :p ) I had eaten 200mg before w/ out even a glimmer of an effect on me. So that's a bonus.

Thanks again for the quick replies.... much appreciated all!!

EDIT: Whoa... just seen your posts resorcinol and CII... and ironically that's pretty depressing. CII, I'm w/ you... I can't stand that 'crawling outta your skin'/ anxiety feeling either. I hate it most of all. I constantly kick my legs cause my stomach feels like it wants to come out my ass or something. Hard to explain, but damn it sucks. Again, thank ya kindly... saving me from a little bit of unworthy hell :D Damn it tho... that's all my Dr will Rx me :(

CIIORNOTHING
01-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Wow, thanks a lot guys... that's what I was afraid of, but needed some reassuring confirmation from some Opio-warriors. :D

I'm not against paying the piper (in the form of WDs)... but if I'm going to buy the ticket, wish it didn't have to be at KiddieLand.

On the bright side: I must've gotten everything out of my system for the most part (including the dreaded, long lasting Pod-a-done :p ) I had eaten 200mg before w/ out even a glimmer of an effect on me. So that's a bonus.

Thanks again for the quick replies.... much appreciated all!!

EDIT: Whoa... just seen your posts resorcinol and CII... and ironically that's pretty depressing. CII, I'm w/ you... I can't stand that 'crawling outta your skin'/ anxiety feeling either. I hate it most of all. I constantly kick my legs cause my stomach feels like it wants to come out my ass or something. Hard to explain, but damn it sucks. Again, thank ya kindly... saving me from a little bit of unworthy hell :D Damn it tho... that's all my Dr will Rx me :(

You should be ok taking them, its better than nada. Just taper down at the end if you can, and dont eat so many of them as I did a day. Its pointless anyway I think. I could only get so high with them no matter how many I ate...too many and you just start feeling like shit. I did anyway, everyone is differnt though.

slugbone
01-10-2008, 09:02 AM
yeah i've been taking tramadol for almost 3 years now, and the withdrawls suck - the best part is they are easy to wean off if you start droppping your dose by 25 mg every other day or so, if you know you are low and can't get a refill

but i have had the ol restless legs, and what i like to call "head creeps", plus aches and etc...when w/d

ZodiacKiller
01-10-2008, 11:00 AM
I agree with the above posters and will add my 2 cents worth: at the beginning of my opiate journey/nightmare, I was Rx'd Trams for my carpal-tunnel and tried to use them for getting high and for WD---and neither worked. I find this drug to be very weird. It almost gave me the precipitated WD feeling ala taking Sub too soon after a full-agonist. I know folks who enjoy 'em, but I avoid them like the plague.

ZK

SurfRat
01-10-2008, 11:25 AM
The worst anxiety I ever had in my life was coming off a tramadol binge. I took about 15 100mg tablets a day for about a week, and the just cold stopped. (i didnt think they had WD issues) The sweats and chills and stomach problems werent as bad as opies, but the goddamn anxiety and "jump out of your skin" feeling was worse than anything I ever experienced. I thought I was going out of my mind. Couldnt lay still for three seconds. Totally freaked out for over 24 hours.

They arent hardly worth it to me now expect to stay out of opie withdrawl until I get something else.

That's a huge amount. From all the stuff I read, I thought it was real easy to get seizures if you went over 300mg or in a short amount of time, like in one dose or even in a twenty four hour period. But I guess that varies too.

I like them at around 300mg but only take them every few days or so.

Nate
01-10-2008, 11:26 AM
GoR should be able to give us some good insight on w/d from massive amounts of trams.

CIIORNOTHING
01-10-2008, 12:01 PM
That's a huge amount. From all the stuff I read, I thought it was real easy to get seizures if you went over 300mg or in a short amount of time, like in one dose or even in a twenty four hour period. But I guess that varies too.

I like them at around 300mg but only take them every few days or so.

Yeah, I didnt know that then. It was my first time taking them. I was angling for some painkillers, and he handed me a script for some NSAID and I had a fit. So he comes back in the room and tosses me this plastic bag and said here, these are some samples of a new drug we got that is as strong as morphine but not addicting. Turns out, that bag was not one sample, there was like 10 smaller bags inside the big bag so he gave me like over 100 pills. Being the opie head I was I just started popping and waiting for effect. I got up to about 10-15 a day until they were gone. And when they were gone, I thought I was freaking dying. It sucked huge.

GoddessofRATs
01-10-2008, 12:45 PM
YES, I've suffered Tramadol w/d a few times and it isn't fun! Coming off of Meth was easier. It's horrible, RLS, Sweating, Anxiety, Insomnia, The Runs, Shaking, Itching, Runny Nose ALL OF IT!

But, like with anything it depends on how much you take and how often you take it.

GOR

I-Nod
01-10-2008, 01:13 PM
YES, I've suffered Tramadol w/d a few times and it isn't fun! Coming off of Meth was easier. It's horrible, RLS, Sweating, Anxiety, Insomnia, The Runs, Shaking, Itching, Runny Nose ALL OF IT!

But, like with anything it depends on how much you take and how often you take it.

GOR

There you are! :)

How long do they last for you, GoR? I'm seriously thinking about putting my nose to the grindstone and jumping through all the hoops for my Dr... and hopefully work my way up. And if I have to, I'll eat Tram's for a year (along w/ pods, of course...)

But so far, these are giving me a nice speediness... which I haven't had ANY kind of energy at all for the last 6wks. If I could only bottle my kids energy....

GoddessofRATs
01-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Yea, that's the effect i liked from them at first- The speediness. But, that went away with time. I don't enjoy them as much as i used to but they work good for w/d and they give me energy. Trams are all i have today plus the Xanax script that is being called in for me today.

They work good as a potentiator for pods as I've said many times. Occasionally I'll get a great high from Trams alone but not that often.

And yes i have taken up to 11 Trams at a time. This was when it was my DOC and my tolerance went up so high. Never had a seizure but that doesn't mean i won't ever or you won't. What they say is, if you've had a seizure before than you are more prone to have a seizure from Trams.

GOR

resorcinol
01-10-2008, 02:31 PM
I agree with the above posters and will add my 2 cents worth: at the beginning of my opiate journey/nightmare, I was Rx'd Trams for my carpal-tunnel and tried to use them for getting high and for WD---and neither worked. I find this drug to be very weird. It almost gave me the precipitated WD feeling ala taking Sub too soon after a full-agonist. I know folks who enjoy 'em, but I avoid them like the plague.

ZK

That's probably because it inhibits the reuptake of norepinephrine, so it basically has the opposite effect of clonidine, which reduces norepinephrine release.

Just my best guess for ya :)

EleusisII
01-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Tramadol WDs might be worse than opie withdrawals. Tramadol is a fucked up drug. Affects the seretonin system as well, which might be why the WDs reminds some people of withdrawing from effexor.

Saint
01-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Eleussis II: Could it possibly be any worse than methadone withdrawals? I remember kicking methadone in Bolivia some years ago and I flushed about a 1000 done-tablets through the toilet before entering Peru. I thought I would make it on 10 mgs of methadone a day but boy was I wrong.. But somehow I got my hands on tramadol and it worked miracles: 50 to 100 mgs made me feel so much better. I felt great.

Anyway, once again I'm fed up with methadone and its side-effects but my doc doesn't want to switch me to another opiate but she does to tramadol (ultram).
But if kicking that is as bad as kicking methadone I might as well skip that idea... What do you think?

By the way: effexor didn't work for me but tramadol did..?

CIIORNOTHING
01-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Eleussis II: Could it possibly be any worse than methadone withdrawals? I remember kicking methadone in Bolivia some years ago and I flushed about a 1000 done-tablets through the toilet before entering Peru. I thought I would make it on 10 mgs of methadone a day but boy was I wrong.. But somehow I got my hands on tramadol and it worked miracles: 50 to 100 mgs made me feel so much better. I felt great.

Anyway, once again I'm fed up with methadone and its side-effects but my doc doesn't want to switch me to another opiate but she does to tramadol (ultram).
But if kicking that is as bad as kicking methadone I might as well skip that idea... What do you think?

By the way: effexor didn't work for me but tramadol did..?

I have heard that done WD's are the worst because they are so damned long. I dont have personal experince there and Im glad, but I have seen friends go through hell for months trying to get back to normal, whatever that is.

And the tramadol is good to hold off withdrawls. It no doubt works for that. To me thats about all they are good for.

The trams have a mild NSSRI effect, not as strong as the Effexor or Cymbalta. I have seen my wife get deathly sick (Serotonin Syndrome) from taking Tramadols with her Cymbalta. That is too much NSSRI effect. She turned green, puked for three hours and felt like death. She doesnt mix them anymore :)

Saint
01-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the input. I DO have experience with done WD-s... a lot.. and can't seem to make it off of them because I'm simply too sick for too long (six months to a year) so I was thinking of tramadol instead of methadone since I merely use methadone for pain and am sick of its side-effects. But I'd probably need to use tramadol for life as well. Don't know how dangerous that is, if possible even...

I-Nod
01-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the input. I DO have experience with done WD-s... a lot.. and can't seem to make it off of them because I'm simply too sick for too long (six months to a year) so I was thinking of tramadol instead of methadone since I merely use methadone for pain and am sick of its side-effects. But I'd probably need to use tramadol for life as well. Don't know how dangerous that is, if possible even...

I can fully understand why you don't want to kick 'done... w/ WD's that long, damn.

Not long ago I had a pretty big pod habit, and although the kick isn't as bad as 'done... it's pretty far up there on the "shittiest WD's" list.

I, in essense, did the exact same thing you're describing... I got off of the pods and switched to OC's and Morphine. My 1st pod WD lasted for a month. Well... the restless legs, "crawling out of your skin", and interrupted sleep stuff lasted that long. So I definitely did not want to do that again.

My plan was to take the OC's and Morphine for as long as the pod WD's would normally last... (for instance if I only took them 2 wks, then kick, I would feel 4 or 5 days of the OC detox then 2 more wks of the lingering pod detox. At least this was my theory.)

So I was on the OC's for a couple months (just to be safe, hehe :D) and when I kicked it was relatively easy. 3 days of hell, 4th day felt crappy, day 5 I was exhilarated that I felt half human... and survived.

It basically worked out pretty much as planned and I would definitely do it this way again if I have the option/ resources. Sorry to ramble but wanted to share an "experience report" w/ ya since are situations are pretty close. Take care, man, and wish you all the best in your upcoming situation!!

Saint
01-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Thanks man. I also think that using another DOC in between - preferably with a short halflife - can make the ultimate WD-s more tolerable.
But would it be possible to taper methadone to say 20 mgs and then switch to tramadol? I haven't got a clue if this can be done.
I have a lot of experience when it comes to methadone, heroine or even opium but since I'm from Europe they normally put you on methadone or sometimes subs (those didn't work for me either) and are reluctant to give you anything else (I asked my doc for fent, no way I can get that!!).

The reason I'm asking is because - like I said - a long time ago I used 100 mg of tramadol in South America for a while and didn't feel too bad when stopping it.. Has anyone else ever switched from methadone to tramadol/ultram here?
And to stay on topic: how bad are tramadol WD's (compared to methadone WD-s or other opies, I mean, ofcourse that all depends on the person, duration of opiate-use, age etc. but there must be some comparison possible).

tptptp
01-11-2008, 05:01 PM
I've been clean (<-for lack of a better word) for 5 or 6 wks now, and ran into some Tramadols recently. After taking 100mg, I actually felt pretty damned good, surprisingly.

I'd been rx'd these before, but w/ all the OC's, Kadians, Opanas, Pods (and anything else that wasn't bolted down) I was putting in me, I never got even a slight effect from them. Now I'm finding them to be pleasantly nice.

Now I'm wondering a couple things... has anyone here experienced WD's from Tram's? And if so, how bad were they? (Is there a comparison to another opiate, for example?)

I'd hate to keep eating these things then come to find out the WD's are worse than OC's or something! Shit... if I have to kick again so soon, I might as well cave in and get something good. :D

I read a report of a woiman who worked in a rehab center a while back. Unscientific of course but she claimed off of her OBSERVATION that 100mg of tramadol seemed to be about the same amount of detox as 10mg of morphine, oral I believe. Of course observation and feeling is quite different. That seems like a decent ballpark figure though.

That's the same rate as codeine to morphine though and codeine I would imagine is stronger than tramadol for most, factoring out ceiling effect of codeine.

Tramadol is a weird drug...as ones tolerance doesn't always seem to have the same effect when it comes to tramadol. Some don't like it either.

It has a weird chemical-like feeling to it for my friend. When he had hardly any tolerance it felt pretty good, in a different way. But after getting a bit of tolerance it only helped with WD. The WD from tramadol is nothing compared to harder stuff though.

It's good for stepping down.

GoddessofRATs
01-11-2008, 05:04 PM
For me Teamadol is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay stronger than Codeine, WAY stronger. I've never really felt anything from Codeine.

GOR

Ludakris
01-11-2008, 05:14 PM
For me Teamadol is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay stronger than Codeine, WAY stronger. I've never really felt anything from Codeine.

GOR

I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with you here, I've been doing some recent "self testing" as I've been out of my DOC for too long and have a stash to T3's and Trams. Seems like Codeine just makes me itchy, I get no real high off of it (though it does help a little tiny bit with pain and 'sickness'). But the Trams seem to at least give some sort of high and helps with pain a bit more...though can cause some anxiety issues, I guess that's all subjective though

Saint
01-11-2008, 05:17 PM
I couldn't agree more. In fact: I tried the same thing with codeine as I did with tramadol (switching to codeine from about 10 mgs of methadone) but didn't feel a thing while with tramadol I remember that I was feeling quite good, even energised and sort of happy shortly after taking only 50 mgs of tram.
And I had been feeling totally miserable only an hour before that on a very low dose of done... so that's why I'm so interested in the switch from done to tramadol. Tramadol seems to work better for me somehow. Only downside is that I can't get my hands on it right now and I'd need to taper my methadone anyway since I don't want to take a high dose of tram (heard of the seizure-risks etc...)

Anyone knows if tramadol is available over the counter in South America or other parts of the world?

I-Nod
01-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Tramadol is a weird drug...as ones tolerance doesn't always seem to have the same effect when it comes to tramadol. Some don't like it either.

Hey, thanks a lot for the info, tp.

I have to agree... Tramadol is definitely a weird drug! 4 or 5 months ago I was Rx'd it, and it sat on my dresser... until I ordered my pods too late and started minor WD's. I felt NO relief from it whatsoever... in fact I'd forgotten I had taken any at all shortly after.

Then last week I grab the same bottle and pop 3 and I'm blown away at how much better I felt. Granted, ANYTHING is better than the hum-drum of no opiates... but still, I'm perplexed. :)

Saint: I'm sorry, I totally forgot you're from Europe and didn't realize you don't have as many Rx options. But your plan sounds pretty good, man! My way of thinking - I'd rather go through wicked WD's for a week, than half-assed WD's for 2 mths. But so far, Tram-WD's sounds much, much better than 'dones. Wish you luck, my friend... truly feel for you!

GoddessofRATs
01-11-2008, 05:27 PM
It may not be over the counter there but i think all you'd have to do is ask the pharmacist for some and he'd just sell you some like over in Mexico. In Mexico they'll hand you Trams no problem, un like Vicodin which they usually go back and fourth with you saying they can't give it to you.. but when you give the right price they go into the back and come out with some Vics LOL. Tramadol shouldn't be any problem getting in other countries like South America. I actually think Tramadol IS over the counter in some countries. Heck Valium is over the counter in Iraq~

GOR

Saint
01-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Thanks I-nod and GOR. I'm going to try and find out if a done-to-tram switch is possible in the future(have to taper first..). And yes, I'm from Europe, so things are different here.
I'm always a bit surprised to read about things like Dillies, PODS and poppy-tea etc. since no-one uses that sort of thing here! It's just methadone, subs and plain old heroine.. In fact, I don't even know for sure what PODS are... seeds is my guess.. That goes to show how different things are in different parts of the world but that makes Opiophile all the more interesting...

Well, I'm off to bed (yes, bedtime is different in Europe too..) but would be interested in reading more posts on this thread tomorrow.
Good night all..

GoddessofRATs
01-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Pods are the dried pod of an Opium plant. Seeds are what is inside the pod/plant. Pod tea and Poppy Seed Tea are two different things, they're like sisters though LOL

GOR

tptptp
01-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Yeah, but like I was saying not considering the ceiling effect. Codeine tops off at about 400mg which converts to about 40mg morphine in the liver, so if you don't feel 40mgs of morphine then you wont feel codeine.

Tramadol wont work for some people with no tolerance and rocks some people with a killer tolerance. Some people strongly dislike it too. It's a very weird drug.

I brought up codeine because that womans observation of tramadol being about 1/10 of morphine is the exact conversion that codeine is.

Ya'll are right though now looking back. I meant to say tramadol is stronger than codeine, then again it's not quite the same as a regular opiate. It's synthetic properties definitely translate into its feeling.

GoddessofRATs
01-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Yea, Tramadol doesn't give the classic 'Opiate high', that's why a lot of people don't like it. When they take it they're expecting it to feel like an opiate. It's a totally different type of high, it's a speedy high. It gives you energy and a feeling of well being but you won't get high like Oxy or Morphine. It's hard to explain if one's never tried it.

I think a lot of people don't give Tramadol a chance. I think some people take and since they don't feel that classic opiate high they say that "This shit sucks" but if they gave it another try and kept in mind that YOU WON'T get an opiate high they may like it more via understanding the difference.

GOR

axe
01-11-2008, 09:50 PM
You stated it perfectly, GOR.
It may be a "weird" drug but I wouldn't be without it.

axe

Saint
01-12-2008, 05:06 AM
Pods are the dried pod of an Opium plant. Seeds are what is inside the pod/plant. Pod tea and Poppy Seed Tea are two different things, they're like sisters though LOL

GOR

Thanks for improving my opiate-knowledge GOR ;-) Maybe I should try them myself once..

eerased
01-12-2008, 12:08 PM
I can only speak from my personal trial with them.
I was coming off of 80mgs of methadone that I had been getting at the clinic.(my first time on MMT) I was on for about 6-8 months and I was going INSANE... It was my first experience with methadone and the w/ds from it. I went to the ER and did my usual toothache dance just so I could get some sleep and they gave me 30 trams. Believe it or not about 20 minutes after I took only 3 of them my w/ds were completely gone. I stretched those 30 pills out longer than anything ever but they majorly helped with the methadone w/d..

Sense I've got them a couple of times and I really enjoy the speedy high. As for w/ds from them I have no personal experience but reading on other boards about this topic it seems they are hell!

I forgot I wanted to add to Saint I bet you can kick methadone with Trams by that I mean if you could get ahold of enough trams you can just stop taking the methadone and take enough trams that the w/ds from the methadone are not there or in my case completely gone. Now in replacing the methadone with the trams you will (IT WILL TAKE A LITTLE TIME) essentially just be replacing one addiction for the other however if the time comes you run out of trams the w/d would not be near as long as the methadone! I have w'drew from oxy,hydro, and methadone and methadone by far beats any other opy w/d. And it seems like it's never ending! For months. So in conclusion I bet you could switch from methadone to trams fairly easy, I know what you mean about the side effects not to mention if you ever do want to catch a buzz you cant with all that methadone.. (not talking about Valium)

Do you think you will try it?

Saint
01-12-2008, 02:13 PM
I can only speak from my personal trial with them.
I was coming off of 80mgs of methadone that I had been getting at the clinic.(my first time on MMT) I was on for about 6-8 months and I was going INSANE... It was my first experience with methadone and the w/ds from it. I went to the ER and did my usual toothache dance just so I could get some sleep and they gave me 30 trams. Believe it or not about 20 minutes after I took only 3 of them my w/ds were completely gone. I stretched those 30 pills out longer than anything ever but they majorly helped with the methadone w/d..

Sense I've got them a couple of times and I really enjoy the speedy high. As for w/ds from them I have no personal experience but reading on other boards about this topic it seems they are hell!

I forgot I wanted to add to Saint I bet you can kick methadone with Trams by that I mean if you could get ahold of enough trams you can just stop taking the methadone and take enough trams that the w/ds from the methadone are not there or in my case completely gone. Now in replacing the methadone with the trams you will (IT WILL TAKE A LITTLE TIME) essentially just be replacing one addiction for the other however if the time comes you run out of trams the w/d would not be near as long as the methadone! I have w'drew from oxy,hydro, and methadone and methadone by far beats any other opy w/d. And it seems like it's never ending! For months. So in conclusion I bet you could switch from methadone to trams fairly easy, I know what you mean about the side effects not to mention if you ever do want to catch a buzz you cant with all that methadone.. (not talking about Valium)

Do you think you will try it?

Hi Eerased. Thank you so much for the reply. I started a thread http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=14307 about switching from methadone to tramadol because I didn't want to 'hijack' this thread. But you already gave some answers. Maybe you could tell me (there) how much methadone you were on when you felt relieve from the tramadol?

Vico-Dan
01-13-2008, 01:40 AM
Tramadol is easy to get online and is inexpensive as well.

It's also good to have around as "insurance" but other then that, I really don't care much for it although it has saved my ass a few times.

I-Nod
01-30-2008, 11:56 AM
Well, I thought I'd update this thread real quick.

About 3 weeks ago, I had a 60 count 50mg bottle of Trams and took two the first day. I felt GREAT after such a long time w/ out being high. I took two at a time, every 4 hrs or so at first... I was kinda worried about the seizures and shit.

After about 4 days I realized I'd be safe at higher dosages... either that or I was just willing to risk it. So I took 4 at a time every 3-4 hrs. By week 2 I couldn't feel anything unless I took 7 or 8. Some elf gave me their script of 180 50mg's... (they had a 3 mths script.) I was amazed how quickly the dosages raised in such a short amount of time.

I basically went through all 240 Trams in less than 3 wks. (Like any TRUE addict would :D) So this morning I took my last 4... I figured I'd update now, then again in a week after I go through the WD's. I only took 3 yesterday morning and was ok until this morning... so that kinda got my hopes up for an easy kick. Sounds weird using "kick" and "Tramadol" in the same sentence. I always figured they were a little better than a Flintstone vitamin... from my last experience. Welp, we'll see... update in a week. :mad::(:o:p Crossin' mah fangers!!

EleusisII
01-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Watch out for tramadol withdrawal though. They can be some trĂ*cky shit, unlike what you might believe. Plenty of people have fallen into that thread.

Trouble is, tramadol also fucks with your seretoninsystem, not just the opiate receptors. Basically you can risk going through two types of wds at the same time.

Raz
01-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Why do they work on some people and not others.When i was rx tram from my surgeon,he didnt know my drug history, i was a major chaser at the time as well as the methadone.But they didnt do anything for me and i took handfulls....
I am beginning to wonder if the combination of pain, herion, methadone was the reason they didnt do anything.And thinkin about it, at that time a gram of smack in the eyeball wouldnt of touched me...Guess i was probably too out there for them to do anything...Raz

EleusisII
01-30-2008, 12:24 PM
There are some useless bitch-ass doctors out there, I've had them a couple of times, who actually consider tramadol to be a narcotic.

(In some countries it's listed in the same category as morphine and friends)

I've noticed that they usually act as pompous and selfimportant, as someone who just gave you permission to take their firstborn daughters virginity when they write the script, implore on you that "This... Is... A.... Very... Stong---- Narcotic! ONLY take it when needed!"

And all the time, you sit there and nod gravely and play along, even though you feel like smacking them with their scriptpad and say: "What are you talking about you silly goose?!? It's just tramadol! This shit is over the counter is some countries!"

GoddessofRATs
01-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Take it from me Tramadol w/d is hell, complete HELL!!! I've been though it probably 6-8 times. IT's not fun. And it actually can be dangerous.

The w/d from Tramadol was worse than the Hydro w/d i went thought once. Hydro w/d was a walk in the park compared to Tramadol w/d. At least for me it was.

Good luck. I hope it isn't as severe as it was for me.

GOR

Saint
01-30-2008, 01:58 PM
GOR: is it worse than methadone withdrawals?
And what kind of WD-s are you talking about: a slow taper (from tramadol) and/or WD-s from how much tramadol: 300 mgs or 400 mgs or more? Doesn't the amount make a difference?

As you know I want to try and use tramadol to taper of last 20 mgs of methadone but your post is scaring me again..

resorcinol
01-30-2008, 03:11 PM
It may not be over the counter there but i think all you'd have to do is ask the pharmacist for some and he'd just sell you some like over in Mexico. In Mexico they'll hand you Trams no problem, un like Vicodin which they usually go back and fourth with you saying they can't give it to you.. but when you give the right price they go into the back and come out with some Vics LOL. Tramadol shouldn't be any problem getting in other countries like South America. I actually think Tramadol IS over the counter in some countries. Heck Valium is over the counter in Iraq~

GOR

LOL, so with a lil cash bribing, you can still get vics? I still like hydro. Not that I'd be able to go to mexico anyway.

I'd wager anyone could still get high on hydro (no rush though even IV) if they took enough. There's no ceiling, so even somebody with a 200 mg oxy tolerance should be able to get off on 400 mg hydro.