PDA

View Full Version : Extended Release Xanax

HotCoffee
12-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Hey guys.

I have six 1mg extended release alprazolam pills. The question is, if i crush em up, will I end up with more than 6mgs?
I dont really understand how the extended release works and dont really want to overdose thinking Im taking 6mgs when in reality im taking way more than that.

Thank you.

Pandora
12-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Umm...no you'll just have 6 milligrams. Any ER pill contains the milligrams listed and the goodies are released over time if taken as prescribed. If you crush them, you mostly defeat the time release so all of the drug is released into your system at once versus over time.

HotCoffee
12-28-2007, 02:19 PM
thanks for clearing that up.

xecutrex
12-28-2007, 06:47 PM
ive taken over 20 mgs of extended release xanax before with no effect. IMO their total shit. Ive even tryed crushing and using lemon juice/let it sit under my toung with absolutly NO effects.

mikells43
12-28-2007, 11:26 PM
yea if u defeat teh time coating it will just hit u all at once. xanax er was pfizer's last shot at making mass money off of alaz. they put out the bars and then the er's if im right, after the generics were made they relased the bars then the er's for the one last shot at making money form alaz. just thought id put that out. and please dont take 20mg of alaz at once unless u want to be intubated.

melancholy
12-28-2007, 11:34 PM
ive taken over 20 mgs of extended release xanax before with no effect. IMO their total shit. Ive even tryed crushing and using lemon juice/let it sit under my toung with absolutly NO effects.

Thats insane, are you sure the pills weren't bunk? Seems like 20mg would surely put you on your ass if not in your grave.

SurfRat
12-28-2007, 11:46 PM
I is my understanding you need to take a very large dose before you risk OD on most benzos although Xanax is more toxic than most benzos.
What you get will most likely be amnesia and other unpleasant side effects without feeling any better than if you had taken a much smaller dose.
Tolerance also plays a factor.
Of course if you mix a large dose of any benzo with an opiate you could very well check out permanently.
And yeh, the Pharmaceutical companies will often release the "ER" version when the patent on their original "IR" brand version is reaching expiration...

xecutrex
12-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Thats insane, are you sure the pills weren't bunk? Seems like 20mg would surely put you on your ass if not in your grave.

Its always possible they are bunk. but they were perscribed by a doctor and picked up at a pharmacy. Maybe it has to do with the manufacturer. Ive heard of others complain about getting high on the xanax xr pills too though...

irish
12-29-2007, 12:06 AM
Maybe they have finally come up with a time-release mechanism that is nearly tamper-proof. That's a scary thought.:(

mikells43
12-29-2007, 02:15 AM
lol yea i agree about that right above me. they thought they finally had it licked with opana-er but who would have known if u let it sit on the table for 12 hours in some acid thats like ur stomach u can break the er. i dont kno how exactly that works but i have heard it works like that sorta plus more detal.

HotCoffee
12-29-2007, 04:33 AM
yea if u defeat teh time coating it will just hit u all at once. xanax er was pfizer's last shot at making mass money off of alaz. they put out the bars and then the er's if im right, after the generics were made they relased the bars then the er's for the one last shot at making money form alaz. just thought id put that out. and please dont take 20mg of alaz at once unless u want to be intubated.

yeah thats exactly what i got, tafil by pfizer. i havent tried them yet but will report back when i do.

also, do any of you guys have problems eating your pills without realizing it?
i do and it blows. every time i take benzos i wake up a few hours later and my precious stash is almost gone. It worries me because i end up taking a lot.
The other night i took 4.5mg of xanax but when i woke up i realized i took 4mg more while drugged. Is there a way to avoid this?

RxQueen
12-29-2007, 06:13 AM
hahah...that's a common problem w/ benzos. the only way i could avoid taking more afterwards was to hide them, or better yet, have someone else hide them till the next day. hope you have someone you can trust to stash 'em for you. otherwise you'll probably soon find out about that other side effect of time travel.... eat a bunch of benzos, eat a few more, all memory banks wipe out, and you wake up missing 2-3 days of your life. (be prepared to hear about the stupid things you did).

Levity
12-29-2007, 02:54 PM
hahah...that's a common problem w/ benzos. the only way i could avoid taking more afterwards was to hide them, or better yet, have someone else hide them till the next day. hope you have someone you can trust to stash 'em for you. otherwise you'll probably soon find out about that other side effect of time travel.... eat a bunch of benzos, eat a few more, all memory banks wipe out, and you wake up missing 2-3 days of your life. (be prepared to hear about the stupid things you did).

That happened to me last night...
8mg Xanax
6 mg Kpin

When I came to I was downtown in Greektown with two black dudes I don't know and my weedman eating a Gyro. I asked what we did and they all laughed, then said, "No felonies, don't worry cracka."

Fucking Benzos.

GOLD N DIEMONDS
12-29-2007, 03:02 PM
That happened to me last night...
8mg Xanax
6 mg Kpin

When I came to I was downtown in Greektown with two black dudes I don't know and my weedman eating a Gyro. I asked what we did and they all laughed, then said, "No felonies, don't worry cracka."

Fucking Benzos.

Hey Levity, I am so glad you are back posting - YOU ALWAYS CRACK ME UP,CRACKA :D

Levity
12-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Hey Levity, I am so glad you are back posting - YOU ALWAYS CRACK ME UP,CRACKA :D

I do my best my friend.
Apparently they thought I was funny too.
The best part of the night... When we got back to the black dude's place (on 35th and King where being White is akin to being a Martian), someone asked, "Who's the white boy."

I responded with, "LaVince," one of the black guys, "won me in a bet. I'm gonna be his offical heroin tester. You know... Quality control."

They called me Joker till I left around 8 this morning.

Good times. Dangerous times. Good nonetheless.

mikells43
12-29-2007, 08:53 PM
the only way to stop from taking more in a benzo blackout is to not take so many that you go in the benzo blackout lol. thats what i learned. but i dont take them anymore anyhow

Chicago
12-29-2007, 11:34 PM
This is true i all so thought the xanax er if crushed would hit you all at once but when my Dr. told me instead of taking the bars which alot more addicting says Dr. Told me if i want to take xanax er, I can take them alot more time threw out the day if having a panic attack. So I called the pharmicia & they told me the price woooweeeeeee it is expensive:confused:.
Anyway found out they are no where near as poteint as reg xanax even if crushed or however done, just like the klonopin waffers, supposedly if you having a panic attack put wafer in mouth dissolves in 30secs taste good to, but still had way better results w/the reg 2mg tabs putting under my tougne.

PoppyHeadStoner
12-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Maybe they have finally come up with a time-release mechanism that is nearly tamper-proof. That's a scary thought.:(

:Deven with the time release you could just eat a bunch of time release xannies and be fucked up for extra long... :D:D

Levity
12-30-2007, 01:01 AM
This is true i all so thought the xanax er if crushed would hit you all at once but when my Dr. told me instead of taking the bars which alot more addicting says Dr. Told me if i want to take xanax er, I can take them alot more time threw out the day if having a panic attack. So I called the pharmicia & they told me the price woooweeeeeee it is expensive:confused:.
Anyway found out they are no where near as poteint as reg xanax even if crushed or however done, just like the klonopin waffers, supposedly if you having a panic attack put wafer in mouth dissolves in 30secs taste good to, but still had way better results w/the reg 2mg tabs putting under my tougne.

I love the taste of Kpins...
I let two disolve under my tougne and snort tw more/
It's like eating/smekking really good mint extract.

HotCoffee
12-30-2007, 01:04 AM
i really doubt thell be able to make an ER pill that cant be beaten. i still haven tried them, too buey with the reguarl xanax to care. guess ill save them for atime of need.

while we-re on the subject, are there any fun things to do while on xanax. im on 5mgs now, i feel great bu aloo sleepy. help!

should i boos ti with ativan? how much?

xecutrex
12-30-2007, 02:15 AM
are there any fun things to do while on xanax?

Yes.

And hurry the fuck up and take those xr's, im curious to see if it will work for you. lol

mikells43
12-30-2007, 02:41 PM
i used to like to eat itialian ices and other frozen treats on benzos. they tasted so good, esp ritas ita. ice black cherry

JayTrizzle
12-31-2007, 12:33 AM
Here's your answer: First, your doctor is either fucking retarded, or a fucking scum sucking parasite who has a marketing deal with pharmaceutical company that puts that shit out. I was on 3mg Xanax ER's twice per day, and I went into benzo blackout CONSTANTLY, to the point that i chewed up three of them, drank 6 beers, and ended up eating almost 20mg. I woke up in my parent's bed two hours away, after which I learned that I went completely insane, cut myself with a butcher knife, wrote KILL ME on the bathroom door in my own blood, chased my fiancee around the apartment with said knife, beat the shit out HER parents bathroom door, and told my parents that I was going to go on a killing spree in which I planned to kill every child in Kansas City. I don't remember ANYTHING. Stay away from the ER's, man, bars are by far better for you. If you must take them, don't try to blow them they taste like ass and burn. Just chew like 4 of them up. And slap your doctor, less addicting that's fucking retarded. They relase over a period of I think 8 hours, so basically if you do the math, all your doing is taking Xanax ALL DAY LONG as opposed to just taking it when you need to get some sleep or when you're flipping out. I hate, actually i think it's called Xnax XR, anyway I fucking hate it and I'll never take them again. HOWEVER, they are GREAT GREAT GREAT for long coke binges and for taking exceedingly large doses of acid.

Pandora
12-31-2007, 01:31 AM
Whoa dude. Stay away from the benzos haha.

HotCoffee
12-31-2007, 12:29 PM
:Deven with the time release you could just eat a bunch of time release xannies and be fucked up for extra long... :D:D

yes, YES. sounds good.
though the last time i was on xanax(see my previous post) i passed out for like 14 hours and woke up with a shaved chest. oh lol.
according to my calculations i took 8mgs that night. sigh, i really need to hide the pills since i have no one to hold em for me.

mikell, will stock up on iced goodies then, thanks for the advice.

Jaytrizzle, i was never prescribed with ER. you sound dangerous on benzos lol.

JayTrizzle
01-03-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm fine on bars, that's the point I'm trying to make, lol. That, and I had a really bad problem with alcoholosim, I only drink beer now (except for occasions like new years, I ended up drinking two bottle of jaeger, man i was toast), occasionally, maybe three or four per night MAX, and I'm down to only taking one bar per day, unless I'm bored. It's really subjective, just be safe, and be exceedingly careful with those extended release xanax. I'm telling you, just make them script you two bars per day.

Balousch
01-04-2008, 12:06 AM
they thought they finally had it licked with opana-er but who would have known if u let it sit on the table for 12 hours in some acid thats like ur stomach u can break the er. i don't know how exactly that works but i have heard it works like that sorta plus more detal.

This works for almost any time-released pill there is, including xanax XR. Most people don't realize (because benzo's don't create that much of a high anyways) that even crushing xanax XR's they definitely are still time released to some extent. This is one of the only methods I know how to actually 100% defeat the time-released problem. Orange juice works the best.

Another tip that is vaguely related to the topic: Adderall XR (the capsules with beads in them) have a specific time-release mechanism that is extremely complex (just crushing the beads doesn't do anything to the time release [I think the amphetamine molecules are bound to a form of plastic that is eaten away slowly by your stomach acid thus just crushing the beads wont do anything to it - you must break that molecular bond between the plastic / amphetamine by letting an acid eat at it for 8-12hrs]). This is true for some new medications too these days (I think opana ER as well, but haven't heard for certain).

HotCoffee
01-14-2008, 12:15 AM
k so i finally tried them.
took 3mg and feeling nothing an hour later too another 3mg.
its been an hour since the last dosage and i feel jack shit. these pills blow, fucking pfizer.