PDA

View Full Version : How do I i.v. a fentanyl patch?

pjdorman
12-26-2007, 08:03 PM
I have been using dilaudids & ir morphine. the dr. gave me some 50 mcg fentanyl patches. i have read that you could soak the gel & in the morning you would have powder. i am wondering what to soak it in, how to get the gel out, & how much powder could i safely use?

fenster
12-26-2007, 09:11 PM
dont be a fucking idiot.

Nate
12-26-2007, 09:39 PM
dont shoot that shit :cool:

jackjohnson
12-26-2007, 09:54 PM
instead of risking an OD with IV, why not just smoke the shit or put the patch on and heat it??

havok
12-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Arent you guys helpful.

If you squeeze all the gel out of the patch onto a plate, and let it sit for a few hours, the gel will evaporate. You will be left with a white crystalline powder that you can scrape off the plate.

You can then place this powder on a screen and smoke it out of any kind of pipe.

As far as IV goes, I think the fentanyl is in base form, so in order to get it to dissolve in water, you would need to mix it with something like citric acid aka lemon juice (similar to injecting crack which is not recommended). I have never tried injecting the fentanyl powder, but I imagine it would work.

fenster
12-26-2007, 10:21 PM
As far as IV goes, I think the fentanyl is in base form, so in order to get it to dissolve in water, you would need to mix it with something like citric acid aka lemon juice (similar to injecting crack which is not recommended). I have never tried injecting the fentanyl powder, but I imagine it would work.its not in free base form. its in the form of fentanyl citrate- which is an acidic salt. The problem is there is alcohol, gel, adhesive, and other inactives that will wreck your veins and possibly cause an aneurism or something equally horrific. Also, its very difficult to measure your dose. Even the smallest patch contains 2.5mg of fent- enough to kill even an opiate-tolerant person.

That is why I (and others) said dont be a fucking retard. If you IV this shit, you will either:
-overdose and die
-overdose and live but feel like shit
-do too little and not feel anything (but still risk major damage to your circulatory system)

oh and even if you dry out the gel it doesnt form powder- its a kind of plastic flakey shit, and it does not dissolve cleanly with water.

The people who do know how to properly extract pure fent from gel do not share that info because it requires a microbalance scale, skill, and self restraint. Posting this on an open forum would be asking for OD's.

Also, smoking it is AWESOME and relatively safe

havok
12-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Ya, all I know is that the dryed fentanyl crystals that you get from the gel don't really dissolve in water. I thought this might be because they are not in salt form. I have injected 1.5mg of fentanyl (when those fake OCs were going around that were really fentanyl) and got a nice buzz but no where close to overdosing.

pjdorman
12-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Thank you. i probably should just wear the patch, although it is itchy & needs a lot of tape after a shower.;)
& i just am always looking for that rush. but i don't want to die yet, self-induced.
i really don't feel much of anything with the patch on but i guess the purpose is to help my back pain. & it does. also smoking pot helps too.

havok
12-26-2007, 10:54 PM
If you want a rush, try smoking the dryed fentanyl gel. I am confident it will send you to opioheaven.

Papa Verine
12-27-2007, 12:24 AM
If you want a rush, try smoking the dryed fentanyl gel. I am confident it will send you to opioheaven.

I like smoking it too. I agree... it's probably the best way to deal with those gel patches and get high off them. Wearing it the way it is inteded to be delivered only gives you very little fent contiuously so there's no real high. Smoking dried gel will get you a nice high!

pjdorman
12-27-2007, 02:32 AM
Thank you again. i will try smoking it in the morning. I just scrape the gel & leave it overnight?:)

havok
12-27-2007, 06:07 AM
Yep, just cut a small hole in the patch and squeeze the gel out onto a plate. Wait until the gel is completely evaporated and completely dry. Then scrape the remaining powder off the plate and place a very small amount on a screen in a pipe. Make sure to use a fine screen or the powder will get sucked through. Then be prepared for the best rush there is without using a needle.

fenster
12-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Ya, all I know is that the dryed fentanyl crystals that you get from the gel don't really dissolve in water. I thought this might be because they are not in salt form. I have injected 1.5mg of fentanyl (when those fake OCs were going around that were really fentanyl) and got a nice buzz but no where close to overdosing.fent from patches is fentanyl citrate. This is the citric acid salt of fentanyl. The non-water dissolving thing is because of all the other crap in the gel, fent cit is water soluble. I'd assume you could put the dried gel in water basified to pH 10-11 with lye to yeild the freebase fent and eat up all the gel and shit.

I wonder if this would work, and if smoking the freebase fent would be any stronger than the salt. The reason people smoke freebase cocaine is because the vaporization point is considerably lower than cocaine hcl. The vaporization point of cocaine hcl is very close to the temperature at which the chemical breaks down- you have to get it so hot to smoke it that it breaks down and becomes less potent. I'm reasonably sure this is a phenomenon unique to cocaine- or at least not necessary with other chems.

Robojunkie?

OxyContinuously
12-27-2007, 09:54 AM
the prob. w/ drying out the gel and trying to IV it is that the companies are wise to this idea....that's why they made the fentanyl w/ some shit called "hydroxyl-cellulose" which makes it an effective emulsion for transdermal use, but, the problem is that if u inject that, ur looking for trouble...

i'm sure you could dissolve it and re-crystallize the fent. out of some sort of organic solvent, but why waste the time/effort/risk ur health, when eating it, or smoking as others have suggested, are not only safer than IV, but just as "fulfilling," so to speak.

PS--> even if u were somehow successful in getting rid of the binders and isolating fentanyl citrate, have fun trying to dissolve that in water for your shot. Fentanyl has a very very poor solubility in water...something like 40:1 if I remember the ratios correctly, so point is don't waste ur time.

Inspektahdek
12-27-2007, 05:51 PM
the answer is you don't

robojunkie
12-28-2007, 04:40 AM
the prob. w/ drying out the gel and trying to IV it is that the companies are wise to this idea....that's why they made the fentanyl w/ some shit called "hydroxyl-cellulose" which makes it an effective emulsion for transdermal use, but, the problem is that if u inject that, ur looking for trouble...

i'm sure you could dissolve it and re-crystallize the fent. out of some sort of organic solvent, but why waste the time/effort/risk ur health, when eating it, or smoking as others have suggested, are not only safer than IV, but just as "fulfilling," so to speak.

PS--> even if u were somehow successful in getting rid of the binders and isolating fentanyl citrate, have fun trying to dissolve that in water for your shot. Fentanyl has a very very poor solubility in water...something like 40:1 if I remember the ratios correctly, so point is don't waste ur time.

As another chem guy I'm sure you'll get this: yes, 1:1 fentanyl citrate (the type in most formulations) does have solubility profile around that number. However, if one measures carefully the monosodium salt of fentanyl citrate (non-chems: citric acid is a "triprotic" acid, it has three H's that are acidic) so since sodium salts of acids are virtually always more water soluble, this formula, fent citrate plus a molar equivalent of bicarbonate, is far more soluble. I cannot quote numbers, but the ease with which the sodium goes into aqueous solution essentially forces the "counterion" in, which in this case is the fentanyl citrate anion. Or if you want to be technical its the citrate dianion, which leaves the poor little fentanyl(ium)?? cation to do the same. I also imagine if one were extremely precise and made a disodium salt, and tracked pH, (after all citrate is usually used as a buffer for pH's 6-8 if I recall correctly) one could make an extremely soluble form.

OxyContinuously
12-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Hey, RJ, long time no talk!

Good to see you, and good one w/ the sodium salts.

But I'm not gonna lie, my favorite new word for today, and maybe ever, is "Fentanylium":D:D

OneHundred80s
12-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Smoke it my fellow Minnesotan.

HistoryofMadness
12-29-2007, 09:44 PM
man i just chewed the shit and that worked wonders. fuck shooting that shit. it aint really euphoric, as such, anyway.

now, if you get the medically prepared IV shit the by all means, but rigging that gel shit no matter what is just not that great of an idea.

Inspektahdek
12-30-2007, 10:30 AM
man i just chewed the shit and that worked wonders. fuck shooting that shit. it aint really euphoric, as such, anyway.

now, if you get the medically prepared IV shit the by all means, but rigging that gel shit no matter what is just not that great of an idea.

yes unless you're being operated on or medically supervised via anaesthesia, etc. then don't do it AK via yourself ::: righto?

20Dollarholla
12-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Whenever I shoot them I squeeze a blob of gel out on a spoon and mix it with water ( its hard to mix) to the point where I dont really have a gel anymore and the liquid is thin enough to squirt outta your rig. Always check to see if it all shoots out first by shooting it back into the spoon. After your confident that it all shoots out without any cloggin then its mixed enough and ready to go.

But it seems like I have been wasting a lot of fentanyl if the water soloubility is 40:1.

Floating
12-30-2007, 02:25 PM
20D, I have had a friend who did this a few times, obviously not doing the proper extraction have heart failure on his fourth day of at home IV fenting. Please do not kill yourself you have some funny posts....

wintergone
01-09-2008, 02:24 AM
Okay I shouldn't be doing this and well maybe i won't............hmmm......w.e you are adults and can make intelligent choices.

The reason I am is because of all the retarded responses to people asking how to I.V. fent patches. To get the Fentanyl out of the gel in the sandoz or duragesic patches squeeze a very small portion of the gel into a spoon. Then draw up snall amount off distilled vinegar(yeah like you use for cooking). Vinegar is acidic so you use a small amount and swirl the gel around the vinegar for a few seconds. The Fentanyl now is in the vinegar. It immediately goes from the gel to the vinegar. The only reason i say a small amount of vinegar is because you dont need much to entirely soak the fent gel and too much vinegar will burn somewhat when you inject it.

Now draw up water and squirt it into the spoon to dilute the vinegar. The gel should stay in gel form, you dont want that crap in your veins. You can just use a cotton to draw up the solution and inject. The more dilutes the vinegar the less chance you have of having it burn. Done right it won't burn at all.

Here is the catch. You CAN VERY EASILY OVERDOSE WITH I.V. FENTANYL. Please don't mess around with shooting fentayl. Even at the hospital the dose is so small it is amazing. I know someone, erhhm, who has shot up over 50 of these patches and this is the only way to shoot them. The vinegar draws all of the fentayl out of the gel so you have to be careful at first and just use a amount like the size of a rice krispie at first. And I have, my friend has woken up with the needle still in his arm many, many times. Fentanyl is extremely powerful and I can gaurentee that someone who isn't extremely experienced or just doesn't care that much about life will read this post and end up waking up in a field of poppies with the sun on his/her face and God sitting next them. Serious that stuff is in an entire league of its own and make H or "anything" else on this planet seem like tylenol, no joke. Stay safe please, but at least now maybe there won't be all those retarted replies from people who have no effing clue what they are talking about when someone asks a legit question and can't get a straight answer.:) Peace......:)

born2lose
01-09-2008, 12:52 PM
people were probly giving "retarted" answers bc they DIDN'T want to be responsible for an OD or ODs
personally, i am intrigued, but care too much about life to try IVing fent. besides, smoking fent is a great way to use the patches anyways...

irish
01-09-2008, 01:00 PM
I don't think that telling someone that iv'ing fentanyl is incredibly dangerous/stupid is a "retarded" answer. It's honest if anything.

sidman
01-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Somewhere in the vast amounts of forums on this site, I shared about how I shot a Fent patch.
I woke up on the floor with the needle still in my arm and a bruise on my cheek from when I must have hit the floor. I'm very lucky to be here.
Eat or Smoke the patch man.
Thats good enough.

Princess
01-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Somewhere in the vast amounts of forums on this site, I shared about how I shot a Fent patch.
I woke up on the floor with the needle still in my arm and a bruise on my cheek from when I must have hit the floor. I'm very lucky to be here.
Eat or Smoke the patch man.
Thats good enough.

I Agree....
TAKE THIS ADVICE

About 4 years using fent....

IV'd ONCE
Smoked often (um, daily when obtained)
Worn with heat frequently
Chewed used patches daily

Took one try.. never do it again. I don't make the same mistake twice.

Nate
01-11-2008, 12:27 PM
people were probly giving "retarted" answers bc they DIDN'T want to be responsible for an OD or ODs
personally, i am intrigued, but care too much about life to try IVing fent. besides, smoking fent is a great way to use the patches anyways...

This post is retarted.

Our advice is the truth, and far from retarted. If someone wants to shoot up a fent patch by all means do it, I don't care, but it's nothing less then completely and utterly Stupid. Why not play some russian roulette while your at it, cause shooting fent is just as dangerous.

SpecialGuy69
01-11-2008, 04:04 PM
is it WORSE to NOT tell people a safe-ish way to do it, and let them just experiment on their own?

BBgunnedTheEagle
01-12-2008, 05:15 PM
SWIM just acquired a SANDOZ 10mg 100mcg/h patch for 30 bones. Swim was wondering, as a person with a moderate tolerance, how many smokable doses do you think swim could get out of this amazingly dangerous thin piece of love?

SWIM has a similar habit as the poster of this thread and just acquired 5 dilly 8mgs too for 16 a piece, Swim also has some of those orange gelly morphines - but has found the elite way to use them, simply heat the water to a boil, insert crushed orange powder, heat again and pull it up before it cools at all, wallah.

Tolerance mild to moderate in comparison to most of our users.

SWIMS guessing around 10 sessions? At 1mg per session swim just took a random guess.

What do you think professors?

BB

soulman
01-12-2008, 10:32 PM
yeah i know a fair amount of friends who have shot fent patches and at least 2 who thought they didn't do enough and woke up(thank God) in the ER! however if someone asks a question about prep, we might as well give them the answer with a warning, beacuse odds are if they are gonna do it, they will whether they are told the right way or they have to experiment on their own. all my friends have said they used either vinegar or absolut vodka, both work fairly well according to them, but most said they would not do it again. one of these friends is an RN who used to do it at work on her break, she had to give herself small doses of narcan more than once!!! the last time she didn't get to the narcan quick enough and her boss saw her almost fall out, needless to say she was fired on the spot, but her boss was cool enough to make up a bullshit reason so she didn't lose her career forever. all in all i like to eat the gel and smoke the remains after i eat the bulk, i can get my script for 125s redone anytime my doc said, but with no insurance the cheapest pharmacy around my area charges almost 400 bux for a box of ten! (plus the smack here is lovely and cheap);)
peace
-soulman

20Dollarholla
01-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Ok I see now, and am kicking myself for all the patches I wasted just using water. I didnt know how insoluable Fent is in water until now. There arent too many guides out there telling people how to bang the Fent. Oh well now I know, I have to admit that I always wondered why I would shoot a whole 100 and not get off like I should have, I always thought it was the methadone 'blocking' the fent. It turns out I was just preping wrong.

So let me get this straight I add say 30-40 units of vinegar to the lil blob of fent on my spoon and mix it around. This extracts the Fent from the gel into the vinegar. Now I add water too if I like, I am used to shooting straight vinegar because I shoot crack sometimes. Now this is where I get confused, you say that the gel stays in gel form, but when I mixed just water and gel to shoot they always mixed together. Do I just filter with a cotton to keep the gel out or just swirl the vinegar around the gel until I feel satisfied that the fent has transfered to the vinegar then pour off the vinegar into another spoon, then dilute and draw it up.

What if one were to use the method I used and use vinegar instead of water and shoot gel and all? I know that it cant be good to shoot the gel mix, but I dont understand how to get the vinegar out of the gel. Help please.

Also would this work with the Mylan's. Maybe cut off a strip of the patch and soak in a feww cc's of vinegar, then shoot that. I know some adhesive would be in the soloution and it may not be 100% safe since the adhesive, but would it work. Would I need to heat the strip of the patch and vinegar in the microwave to speed up the extraction?

Okay I shouldn't be doing this and well maybe i won't............hmmm......w.e you are adults and can make intelligent choices.

The reason I am is because of all the retarded responses to people asking how to I.V. fent patches. To get the Fentanyl out of the gel in the sandoz or duragesic patches squeeze a very small portion of the gel into a spoon. Then draw up snall amount off distilled vinegar(yeah like you use for cooking). Vinegar is acidic so you use a small amount and swirl the gel around the vinegar for a few seconds. The Fentanyl now is in the vinegar. It immediately goes from the gel to the vinegar. The only reason i say a small amount of vinegar is because you dont need much to entirely soak the fent gel and too much vinegar will burn somewhat when you inject it.

Now draw up water and squirt it into the spoon to dilute the vinegar. The gel should stay in gel form, you dont want that crap in your veins. You can just use a cotton to draw up the solution and inject. The more dilutes the vinegar the less chance you have of having it burn. Done right it won't burn at all.

Here is the catch. You CAN VERY EASILY OVERDOSE WITH I.V. FENTANYL. Please don't mess around with shooting fentayl. Even at the hospital the dose is so small it is amazing. I know someone, erhhm, who has shot up over 50 of these patches and this is the only way to shoot them. The vinegar draws all of the fentayl out of the gel so you have to be careful at first and just use a amount like the size of a rice krispie at first. And I have, my friend has woken up with the needle still in his arm many, many times. Fentanyl is extremely powerful and I can gaurentee that someone who isn't extremely experienced or just doesn't care that much about life will read this post and end up waking up in a field of poppies with the sun on his/her face and God sitting next them. Serious that stuff is in an entire league of its own and make H or "anything" else on this planet seem like tylenol, no joke. Stay safe please, but at least now maybe there won't be all those retarted replies from people who have no effing clue what they are talking about when someone asks a legit question and can't get a straight answer.:) Peace......:)

Princess
01-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Ok I see now, and am kicking myself for all the patches I wasted just using water. I didnt know how insoluable Fent is in water until now. There arent too many guides out there telling people how to bang the Fent. Oh well now I know, I have to admit that I always wondered why I would shoot a whole 100 and not get off like I should have, I always thought it was the methadone 'blocking' the fent. It turns out I was just preping wrong.

So let me get this straight I add say 30-40 units of vinegar to the lil blob of fent on my spoon and mix it around. This extracts the Fent from the gel into the vinegar. Now I add water too if I like, I am used to shooting straight vinegar because I shoot crack sometimes. Now this is where I get confused, you say that the gel stays in gel form, but when I mixed just water and gel to shoot they always mixed together. Do I just filter with a cotton to keep the gel out or just swirl the vinegar around the gel until I feel satisfied that the fent has transfered to the vinegar then pour off the vinegar into another spoon, then dilute and draw it up.

What if one were to use the method I used and use vinegar instead of water and shoot gel and all? I know that it cant be good to shoot the gel mix, but I dont understand how to get the vinegar out of the gel. Help please.

Also would this work with the Mylan's. Maybe cut off a strip of the patch and soak in a feww cc's of vinegar, then shoot that. I know some adhesive would be in the soloution and it may not be 100% safe since the adhesive, but would it work. Would I need to heat the strip of the patch and vinegar in the microwave to speed up the extraction?

There aren't too many guides explaining how to bang fent because its just too risky. Very dangerous. I, personally, wouldn't do it. You don't want to shoot the gel. The way you mentioned above would work (drawing with cotton), but since you've only been trying with water and not getting much results....be VERY VERY careful doing it this way. I wouldn't do it at all.

As far as the mylans, they have some funky shit in those, I wouldn't mess with them in that way. Better to extract & smoke.

20Dollarholla
01-17-2008, 08:18 AM
Yeah I feel ya, and last time I had some patches they were the Mylans and to my suprise they turned out to be pretty damn good folding the back on themselves so both sides are sticky and putting them under my tounge. That was the one and only time I have felt that hey were as enjoyable as Actiqs are. Now knowing I was only getting 1/40th of the fent in them, I dont think I will be doing that with vinegar although it still is good to know how. I guess I am pretty lucky that I have never thought of using vinegar, since thats how I break down crack to shoot when the coke sucks. I just shot them like others were doing it. It makes perfect sense now, but I think its a safe assumption that I wouldnt be here typing now if I had put some thought into how to do it, scary thought.

I gotta admit I always wondered why I could get rocked off of three 1600mcg suckers, but when I would shoot a 50 with water it wouldnt do much . Looking back I should have kown something wasnt right sice three 1600mcg is 4.8mg of fent and the suckers got me high but the patches wouldnt do it the way i was shootin. I thought my methadone dose was blocking them. What a waste of perfectly good patches, I wish I could time travel to retrieve them.

There aren't too many guides explaining how to bang fent because its just too risky. Very dangerous. I, personally, wouldn't do it. You don't want to shoot the gel. The way you mentioned above would work (drawing with cotton), but since you've only been trying with water and not getting much results....be VERY VERY careful doing it this way. I wouldn't do it at all.

As far as the mylans, they have some funky shit in those, I wouldn't mess with them in that way. Better to extract & smoke.

Princess
01-17-2008, 09:20 AM
*snip*
Looking back I should have kown something wasnt right sice three 1600mcg is 4.8mg of fent and the suckers got me high but the patches wouldnt do it the way i was shootin. I thought my methadone dose was blocking them. What a waste of perfectly good patches, I wish I could time travel to retrieve them.

You work on that time travel thing and I'll gladly go back with ya and work on those Mylans! :)

itsnotahabbit
01-17-2008, 06:19 PM

i used to inject about 50mcg at a time by using 1cc of water, some heat and WITHOUT a filter, suck the fent up and away we go.

SpecialGuy69
01-17-2008, 06:28 PM
i used to inject about 50mcg at a time by using 1cc of water, some heat and WITHOUT a filter, suck the fent up and away we go.how could you possibly know it was 50mcg? The way you say it, sounds like it was weighed out on a scale or something, but thats not possible, even if you did have a $20,000 scale that could weigh to the millionth of a gram because we don't know how much fent is in each mg of gel.

Think about this: Take a gram. Divide it into one hundred thousand parts. Take half of one part. Thats a dose of fent.

20Dollarholla
01-19-2008, 07:18 AM
Deal, we will get the shit that everyone here has wasted at one time or another and be stocked for a while, LOL.

All those shots of H i missed when I first started to IV would be a nice find as well. No one ever taught me to shoot, I was given a clean needle once and told how to prep and had to figure the rest out on my own, I wish I never figured it out.

You work on that time travel thing and I'll gladly go back with ya and work on those Mylans! :)

SuperJunky
01-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Think about this: Take a gram. Divide it into one hundred thousand parts. Take half of one part. Thats a dose of fent.

This isn't exactly accurate, a fairly tolerant H user can get away w/ a 3mg hit, maybe a little higher. This might work out for some one w/ no tolerance at all, but how many people get high off a standard medical dose of morphine? Medical Equivalency (sp?) charts arn't always right, and most of us arn't looking for the minimal dose effective in killing pain.

I've never done this, but a long while back I beleive Ike said that he would dump the gel out onto a plate, soak it in vodka (everclear would probably be better), get rid of the gel, evaporate off the alcohol and enjoy. I don't think Ike ever IV'd anything, he was smoking or insufulating, said that this worked, but keep in mind this is a hack process suggested by one junky, stored in anothers mind for a couple years and then regurgitated here...

All this doesn't mean you should try to IV fent, the only thing that could make it safer would be to get a ridiculouse habit. Try getting a 5 or 10 gram a day heroin habit, then start slow and work your way up.