PDA

View Full Version : Codeine 30mg

lunchbox
12-23-2007, 03:36 PM
I got my hands on a bunch of codeine 30mg pills i don't have much experience with the codeine pill i've only ever had the 5s and not enough to get me high

are these any good? and how much do they usually go for

lunchbox
12-23-2007, 04:57 PM
i parachuted 3 --> 90mg and barely feel anything ddin't think they were any good :/

edit: 2 30mg parachutes and 30ml hydromet later + 1 30mg insuflated now i feel something

eh that was 210mg opiate to feel something codeine sucks bawls

irish
12-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Codeine generally isn't any good except maybe for withdrawal. I could take your whole supply and feel hardly anything. What do you usually take?

roxi*stardust
12-23-2007, 05:34 PM
I got my hands on a bunch of codeine 30mg pills i don't have much experience with the codeine pill i've only ever had the 5s and not enough to get me high

are these any good? and how much do they usually go for
That all depends what you have there. Normally Codeine is dispensed in the phosphate salt, usually combined with APAP, ASA, or something else. There are Codeine Hydrochloride tablets that are CIIs. I have never tried them but I heard they work much better than the phosphate salt and they aren't combined with anything. Still won't get you too high if you have a lrge tolerance but at least you won't have all the APAP to deal with if they are plain.

irish
12-23-2007, 05:38 PM
I have had 3omg codeine phosphate, but I am in Canada.

roxi*stardust
12-23-2007, 05:41 PM
I have had 3omg codeine phosphate, but I am in Canada.
Right that is what is in Tylenol 3's and cough meds.

irish
12-23-2007, 05:43 PM
You can also get pure codeine tabs, which is what I had.

lunchbox
12-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Codeine generally isn't any good except maybe for withdrawal. I could take your whole supply and feel hardly anything. What do you usually take?

i'm on 50-80mg OCs daily but I prefer good H. my car is in the shop right now so it's almost impossible for me to go and get either, haven't had a car for a couple weeks and it's another week before i get it back so i gotta settle for what i got

the Codeine pills I have right now are the CIII 30/300

roxi*stardust
12-23-2007, 05:49 PM
You can also get pure codeine tabs, which is what I had.
That's right, you are in Canada. Here in the US any codeine that isn't combined with something else is CII.

wafflehead77
12-23-2007, 07:01 PM
That all depends what you have there. Normally Codeine is dispensed in the phosphate salt, usually combined with APAP, ASA, or something else. There are Codeine Hydrochloride tablets that are CIIs. I have never tried them but I heard they work much better than the phosphate salt and they aren't combined with anything. Still won't get you too high if you have a lrge tolerance but at least you won't have all the APAP to deal with if they are plain.

I thought we had the sulfate, as well as phosphate. Didnt know we had hcl in the US

GoddessofRATs
12-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Codeine does nothing for me. Wish it did because they're so easy to get. Like the other poster said, i could take all your supply and feel nothing.

But hey, it's better than nothing i suppose. If you get some enjoyment out of it, well than HURRAY!!! Enjoy!

GOR

Seedy
12-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Codiene's a strange one, I'd say take about 7 (210mg) any more and (for me) that's where the itch starts. I have a pod tolerance but for some reason sometimes codeine will do the trick... dunno why.

mikells43
12-23-2007, 10:31 PM
codine is shit. i dont kno why its not otc. ud od on apap before u got anything off of codine. save it for when u have nothing.

roxi*stardust
12-24-2007, 11:07 AM
I thought we had the sulfate, as well as phosphate. Didnt know we had hcl in the US
You know what your right it is Sulfate. It was thinking of Morphine HCL. The Codeine is a Sulfate salt. Been too long since I have been in a pharmacy. I quit almost a year ago.

Dr. Oxy
12-28-2007, 10:39 AM
Drink White grapefruit juice 30 minutes before you use the pills. Trust me on this, without it, I couldn't feel 6 tylenol 4's. But when I used the juice I could feel a mild buzz off 1 T4.

Seedy
12-28-2007, 02:43 PM
^^ I've read that WGFJ actually stops codiene metabolising to morphine.

limitless_euphoria
12-28-2007, 04:26 PM
i'm on 50-80mg OCs daily but I prefer good H. my car is in the shop right now so it's almost impossible for me to go and get either, haven't had a car for a couple weeks and it's another week before i get it back so i gotta settle for what i got

the Codeine pills I have right now are the CIII 30/300

Ok, according to the narcotic converter site people frequently post 1 mg of OC = 10 mg of codeine.

http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.cgi

Therefore, without taking into account crosstolerance, 500 mg of codeine = 50 mg of oxycodone. Assuming even if the crosstolerance were 50% you would still require 250 mg of codeine to equal the 50 mg of OC. Now I think you see the problem!

(inaudible screams)
12-28-2007, 07:39 PM
I will add my vote for codeine being shit. Just the other day I took 4 Tylenol 4s (60mg codeine) and I didn't feel a thing. My tolerance is very large, so it probably helped with some w/ds but I got no buzz from it.

On a related note I also had a 10 unit shot of Demerol which also did absolutely nothing.

irish
12-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Tylenol #4 has 60mg of codeine.

Dr. Oxy
12-29-2007, 01:00 PM
^^ I've read that WGFJ actually stops codiene metabolising to morphine.

Theres a article on erowid saying that it inhibits the the enzyme that metabolizes codeine into the useless norcodeine, so more of it turns into morphine, and this has been my experience with it. I've tried without WGFJ and with, and its much better with.

Levity
12-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Isn't there a cap on how much codiene can be metabolized at one time? Like 170mgs? Or am I thinking of something else?

irish
12-29-2007, 01:37 PM
I don't know about a metabolism cap, since you can od on it. There is a cap for analgesia of about 60mg.

Dr. Oxy
12-29-2007, 01:41 PM
I don't know about a metabolism cap, since you can od on it. There is a cap for analgesia of about 60mg.

Not 60 irish, the commonly cited figure is 400mgs for analgesic effect. After that it supposedly has no effect on pain. But I dont know about the high, maybe more gets you higher.

irish
12-29-2007, 01:46 PM
I could have sworn that I read 60 somewhere, oh well, thanks for the correction. Isn't 400 the ld50?

Levity
12-29-2007, 01:59 PM
I could have sworn that I read 60 somewhere, oh well, thanks for the correction. Isn't 400 the ld50?

I've read 60 as well...
Fuck it, I do do codiene, so I don't care...

Hello my lil line of Oxy.
Come here you.

Seedy
12-29-2007, 05:07 PM
I think 400mg is the point codeine will start to become toxic. One time I swiped 8 codeine pills thinking I'd be taking 240mgs, my optimum dose at the time, they were actually 60mg pills. 480mgs sure didn't kill me but damn that was a nasty itch. That'll teach me for nicking my flatmate's migraine pills...

...It didn't of course :rolleyes:

underide
12-29-2007, 05:33 PM
^^ i think the 400 mg is the 'supposed' ceiling for codeine, meaning that going roughly anywhere above it will not produce any more therapeutic/pleasurable effects.

More than a few people seem to be calling bullshit on that theory though, saying that (in their case at least) taking much more than that will in fact produce even better effects.
Nobody knows for sure i guess.
Codeine never did all that much for me either, but that's probably because i started off fucking with much stronger opiates before i even tried it.

Dr. Oxy
12-29-2007, 10:27 PM

No one T4 has 60 mgs in it. 400 is not the ld50.

and seedy, And it itches cause codeine is itchy, not cause you were getting toxic

Ale
12-31-2007, 12:55 AM
Theres a article on erowid saying that it inhibits the the enzyme that metabolizes codeine into the useless norcodeine, so more of it turns into morphine, and this has been my experience with it. I've tried without WGFJ and with, and its much better with.
Just a curiosity:.."how much WGFJ did you drink?".I mean: ..like a glassful of juice..or..more like..a whole 1L bottle?

Levity
12-31-2007, 08:59 AM
Just a curiosity:.."how much WGFJ did you drink?".I mean: ..like a glassful of juice..or..more like..a whole 1L bottle?

About thirty minutes before dosing, I'll have like eight ounces, usually with a shot (one and a half ounces) of 100 proof vodka.

Then I'll usully have another one with the actual meds.

Ale
12-31-2007, 07:17 PM
About thirty minutes before dosing, I'll have like eight ounces, usually with a shot (one and a half ounces) of 100 proof vodka.

Then I'll usully have another one with the actual meds.
I assume 8 ounces are somewhere around 1/4 of a liter..aren't they?

Dr. Oxy
01-01-2008, 05:58 PM

No a glass of it. regular 8 ounces(usually one normal sized cup). It usually hangs around till the next day too, the enzymes stay inhibited for like 24 hours almost.

OPI+
01-13-2008, 07:40 AM
I remember that ld50 for codeine is 800mg´s, and some sources say that 360mg is the ceiling for 24h. Cause liver wont produce the entzyme that metabolizes codeine to morphine. But I dont agree with ceiling and ld50. I´ve seen SWIMs friend eatin 80x30mg codeine pills, those had 200mg ibuprofen in each and offcourse he have big tolerance.

They are brand name ardinex and im sure they werent counterfakes. We don´t have that problem in where I live.

Personally I´ve taken (accidentally offcourse) 450mg perduretas (50mg codeine each) dissolved in water and 5cl alcohol. With almost without tolerance it got me high. And I have started my opiate use with H about ten yrs ago(and offcourse i´ve fitted that crime). So im not opiate naive. And BTW, that white grapefruit thing really works. And fresh fruits are better than 100% juice.

P.S. Sorry for the bad english.

Jacok
01-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Goddamn people, you're telling so much shit :/

Can't you just read anything about codeine metabolism? Dammit...

1. Codeine ld50 is far more than 800 mg. I know several people, who takes up to 1,2 g of codeine phospate. My biggest was 640 mg. Of course, first time it should not be taken more than 150-300 mg.
2. It is belived, that first and sometimes second time with codeine gives nothing.
3. Codeine is metabolised (is that the word?) in liver by enzyme known as CYP2D6, but codeine is also that enzyme inhibitor, so you have to take all dose at once ! It is metabolised into morphine (about 10 up to 20 % of it).
4. Some people belive that white grapefruit makes it better. It is not prooved, that grapefruit itself results in producing more CYP2D6 (it is sure, that it does it with other enzymes)
5. As says pt 3., you should not take codeine sonner than few hours after a meal - cause it will not be fully metabolised (it soaks into what we have eaten and so on).
6. You cannot take codeine iv. The histamin reaction is not nice! (Yet some people do, but they takes a lot of antyhistamin meds before)
7. Alcohol makes sedation bigger.
8. It is itchy because of histamin reaction, take some meds before (hydroxyzynium as i remember(not sure), or other for example Aviomarin)

underide
01-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Goddamn people, you're telling so much shit :/

Can't you just read anything about codeine metabolism? Dammit...

1. Codeine ld50 is far more than 800 mg. I know several people, who takes up to 1,2 g of codeine phospate. My biggest was 640 mg. Of course, first time it should not be taken more than 150-300 mg.
2. It is belived, that first and sometimes second time with codeine gives nothing.
3. Codeine is metabolised (is that the word?) in liver by enzyme known as CYP2D6, but codeine is also that enzyme inhibitor, so you have to take all dose at once ! It is metabolised into morphine (about 10 up to 20 % of it).
4. Some people belive that white grapefruit makes it better. It is not prooved, that grapefruit itself results in producing more CYP2D6 (it is sure, that it does it with other enzymes)
5. As says pt 3., you should not take codeine sonner than few hours after a meal - cause it will not be fully metabolised (it soaks into what we have eaten and so on).
6. You cannot take codeine iv. The histamin reaction is not nice! (Yet some people do, but they takes a lot of antyhistamin meds before)
7. Alcohol makes sedation bigger.
8. It is itchy because of histamin reaction, take some meds before (hydroxyzynium as i remember(not sure), or other for example Aviomarin)

:confused::confused::confused: wtf?

I don't remember anyone in this thread talking about injecting codeine.
yes, most of us know not to iv it. ( i just went through it roughly again)

Also most of us have an idea of how it is metabolized.

Why are you saying that we are 'telling you shit' here? i did not notice anyone do that in this thread at least.
Could you provide an example of what you mean by that maybe??

Jacok
01-14-2008, 02:05 PM
:confused::confused::confused: wtf?

1. I don't remember anyone in this thread talking about injecting codeine.
yes, most of us know not to iv it. ( i just went through it roughly again)

2. Also most of us have an idea of how it is metabolized.

3. Why are you saying that we are 'telling you shit' here? i did not notice anyone do that in this thread at least.
Could you provide an example of what you mean by that maybe??

hey people, no offence at all, just

Ad 1. - ld50 you was writing on the first page- it is for injecting, but into , dammit, don't know the word, on your back though, I just don't know why it came to my mind... :confused:

Ad 2. that's great, really. So my words was not for you (and that rest), sorry if you find yourself offended (so as the rest)

Ad 3. well, things like "i took 60 mg, doesn't work at all," - Is it supposed to work? ...

or "I think 400mg is the point codeine will start to become toxic. "

well, you probably know what's i'm up to. Codeine is nice /med/, but if u want to feel it, u have to know a bit, and listening to people telling that it doesn't work (mostly becausse of their own ignorance) makes me write things like that. I didn't meant of course ALL these posts

So ok, i haven't read all the posts as carefully as i should, MAE CULPA, my fault, i won't do it again :(, but

Wasn't I right? Even a bit?

underide
01-14-2008, 11:38 PM
So ok, i haven't read all the posts as carefully as i should, MAE CULPA, my fault, i won't do it again :(, but

Wasn't I right? Even a bit?

Well you certainly know your 'shit' (no pun intended)

Also i wasn't personally offended either, i just remember following this thread a while ago, and it sorta died.
Now you bump it and say we are all talking shit here, so i was just curious.

My apologies if my tone was a little condescending there.

Na Zdrowie! :)

P.S - your English is very good by the way!