PDA

View Full Version : smoking loperamide

Paregoric Kid
01-30-2006, 08:51 AM
on bluelight there was a new thread where someone said they extracted loperamide with gasoline and smoked it and said it produced effects. I wonder if it's real, placebo, or if he's just one of the lucky few that can get effects from loperamide.
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=239949

exitwound
01-30-2006, 05:05 PM
heh....extracted with.....

GASOLINE?!

As soon as I read that I was thinking "okay, this has to be bullshit." No offense to you in the least, but this sounds not only dangerous and poisonous but almost *intentionally* stupid....

Paradoxycle closed the thread saying "Jesus christ! This is completely unsafe. Talk about harm reduction.."

I used to be a pretty big fish on Bluelight way back before I had chronic pain. I still to this day wish I could get back in touch with PhreeX and the old ODU crew. They had such amazing connections before opiates were so central to my quality of life. I regret not keeping up with them. That said, these days BL has lost a lot of its "elite" cliques and seems to have fallen to more typical harm-reduction fare along with the recreational stoners, the PLUR types and the dumb-ass darwin award kiddies.....

Tea Time
01-30-2006, 05:37 PM
My first thought was "are you kidding me?" My next question is, where did he possibly get the idea that extracting with gasoline and smoking would work? I just hope there wern't a bunch of kids reading bluelight when that was posted. I could see that going very badly...

Paregoric Kid
01-30-2006, 05:44 PM
I wasn't suggesting people should actually go do that and extract it with gasoline like that person did. that is a really stupid idea. just thought it was a pretty bizarre report of someone trying to get high off immodium lol
it might have really worked for him though, not that the gasoline thing did anything to the loperamide, but that some people can actually get effects from loperamide like some studies have shown.

mkchll
01-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Hea PG, I'm a little behind on things. Is there any studdies showing that Loperamide crosses the BBB in people or first hand reports? If so, do you have any links? This was going on over at the Porg for a while but if I remember correctly no one was succesful. Thanks.

jacky
01-30-2006, 06:35 PM
gasoline no........ though some people huff what would amount to far larger amounts of gasoline just standing at the pump than what would amount to a very small amount of this "solvent" ending up in the final smokable product.still I would stay the hell away from gasoline and use some other solvent, perhaps it would be possible in a butane extraction device?

I am not sure about the loperamide pills binding agents and fillers reacting with ether or even ethanol very well, but it is possible that a simple extract could be done with either of those two on 20-100 milligrams worth of loperamide and the resulting equivalent mass of binders and fillers perhaps reduced from the mix. this could then be seperated -perhaps by keeping in a refrigerator and then evaporated on a glass dish.

I would soak the pills at first in water to reduce any coloring agents on the immediate outside, any loss of loperamide would be little compared to the benefit of getting rid of any gummy coloring agents.

doing this isnt illegal, and niether is smoking loperamide I geuss, but labeling this a legal high wouldnt be a good idea.

at least one report about snorting loperamide warned of severe nasal pain and inflammation when the product was insuffilated.

hovadagod
01-30-2006, 06:47 PM
I think that finding a way to help it across the BBB should come before mothods to extract it from its fillers.

Paregoric Kid
01-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Hea PG, I'm a little behind on things. Is there any studdies showing that Loperamide crosses the BBB in people or first hand reports? If so, do you have any links? This was going on over at the Porg for a while but if I remember correctly no one was succesful. Thanks.
in children loperamide can enter the brain because their BBB isn't fully developed.

also check this out
Abuse potential of loperamide
by
Jaffe JH, Kanzler M, Green J
Clin Pharmacol Ther 1980 Dec; 28(6):812-9
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=7438696&dopt=Abstract

hovadagod
01-30-2006, 07:33 PM
One time I took about 5 loperamides. Took a long time to kick in so I decided to craft while waiting and went to the flower store. By the time I had the flowers, I almost didn't want them anymore b/c the loperamide really did help with the cravings. I think that trace amounts get into the CNS via the brain or the spinal chord. Just not a significant amount. Anything that is compared with codeine is a waste of time unless you know your chemistry.

Oh yea...I took them for WD's.

mkchll
01-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks PG. Interesting.. 60mg's is a large dose too. I think the imodium pills are just 2mg's. So 30 pills. Has anyone here tried it in that high of a dose. I posted a link in the Pharmaceutical forum for pure Loperamide sold by the gram.

hovadagod
01-31-2006, 02:21 AM
never took so much. But if you look at the overdose symptems and cure (naloxone), they suggest that it actually does cross the BBB. Respiratory depression etc. I don't know what the deal is with that stuff.

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/ben/cmccnsa/2002/00000002/00000003/art00007

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8647944&dopt=Citation

bogumil
01-31-2006, 04:56 AM
On a medical board some children-medic wrote that from his experience, loperamide has relatively strong effects on small children ... that is CNS effects ... Maybe the bbb of this children is a little different from that of grown ups?

There are some interesting things going on arouind loperamide btw, I realized.

- the source for pure powder
- the fact that nano particles can transport it over the bbb
- someone states that he had effects from smoking it

Sounds good...

Tea Time
01-31-2006, 10:50 AM
Something struck me as funny about the article that paregoric kid posted. At the very end of the article it said:

It was concluded that in its present form, i.e., capsules containing loperamide mixed with magnesium stearate, loperamide poses little threat of potential abuse.

This made me think...will loperamide cross the BBB without the magnesium stearate present? I went and looked on a generic package of immodium and sure enough it had magnesium stearate listed as an ingredient. I think that there might be something to that statement. Later,

TT

Paregoric Kid
01-31-2006, 01:32 PM
yeah someone on bluelight made a post about magnesium stearate making it less abusable.

stvip
01-31-2006, 01:49 PM
yeah someone on bluelight made a post about magnesium stearate making it less abusable.

For this and the other forementioned topics, see the following discussion:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=217933

exitwound
01-31-2006, 01:51 PM
i have a hard time believing that it's that simple.....

bogumil
01-31-2006, 03:56 PM
Im with exitwound on this. Although I heard that some medicamentations for bone deseases are useless when taken with high amounts of magnesium, the magnesiumstearate in pills is a ) very few and b ) it is a very common ingredient to make a pill a pill, so it would be more "luck", if the removal would improve the effect ...
More interesting is the stuff from the articles, that quidine together with loperamide makes lopi cross the bbb. Also Another medicamentation, the name is in the posts, makes the lopi definately cross the bbb, they even warned about abuse ... Maybe smoking even does something to the drug. But magnesiumstearate ... Would be great, but I fear its too simple to be true.

Tea Time
01-31-2006, 04:07 PM
I am sure that you guys are right. That would be too simple otherwise. I just thought that it seemed strange how that article said that "as long as it is packaged in its present form with the magnesium stearate that abuse potential seemed very low." Why wouldn't they just say that loperamide has low potential for abuse?