PDA

View Full Version : make a bump go away faster

mkultra
12-03-2007, 10:58 PM
hey my gf has a miss on her arm from a morphine shot and was wondering if there is anything she can do to make it go away faster than just waiting maybe hot water or pressure, i think when i take lots of hot showers my misses go away faster but was wondering if anyone has ideas to make them heal quicker?

underide
12-04-2007, 12:55 AM
only time, exercise and maybe a gentle massage (not 100% sure about this last one).
the theory behind the exercise is that it may increase bloodflow to the affected areas, at least that was advised to me at the needle exchange.
I think mostly you just have to wait it out and use a different site

riotgrrrl
12-04-2007, 12:57 AM
MY SO is a RN...hot n cold may help but she says time is all that helps

Myth
12-04-2007, 11:59 AM
The way I always used to make them go away was to wash it with rubbing alcohol, and then wear long sleeves for a few days to not let people notice.

bmoreblaster
12-04-2007, 12:34 PM
i dont understand how people get the huge bumps from missing. i mean i miss all the time and get little blisters but never had a whole shot in there. at least for me it really burns when its not in the vein so i know to quit. Just curious is this just me or do others not really feel it when they r not in the vein

I'm-Nod-Addicted
12-04-2007, 01:36 PM
I usually rub the fuck out of the area as soon as it happens.

mkultra
12-04-2007, 06:16 PM
i dont understand how people get the huge bumps from missing. i mean i miss all the time and get little blisters but never had a whole shot in there. at least for me it really burns when its not in the vein so i know to quit. Just curious is this just me or do others not really feel it when they r not in the vein
well initally i get liek a little blister, when i miss i usually only miss less than 1/4 of a shot, but the blister usually goes red and grows larger than a quarter after, sometimes stays a little blister only then goes away that day. the bad misses happen when i'm rushing or nervous like when someones pounding on the bathroom door at subway or something :)

Myth
12-04-2007, 06:59 PM
When you miss the vein, when you're shooting morph, it has a tendancy to make a small bump on your arm.

Synack
12-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Cut it off! ...

otherwise, time, heat, compression..

jonny-5
12-04-2007, 10:19 PM
benadryl couldnt hurt, i take it when i get those red blotchy things...but when i miss and get a bump it usually goes away by morning.

HappinessIsaWarmGun
12-09-2007, 01:56 PM
I usually rub the fuck out of the area as soon as it happens.

That helps really. Also get some vein cream from your local needle exchange. It has an anti Biotic in it that helps. For us any misses clear up faster using that. Rubbing under hot water and having a hot cloth over miss helps. Keep movement on miss by rubbing.

20Dollarholla
12-17-2007, 06:59 AM
I usually use a hot compress( a clean hot washcloth) as soon as I miss. Then I take a very hot shower a couple times that day and by the next day its gone.

starglazer33
12-17-2007, 07:43 AM
neosporin 'pain relief' the white cream is the best i swear by it. i tended to miss a bunch cuz i get the shakes. also if you can elevate the arm if you can. but yeah neosporin really helps the healling process. good luck. hope this helps

havok
12-17-2007, 07:48 AM
I usually use a hot compress( a clean hot washcloth) as soon as I miss. Then I take a very hot shower a couple times that day and by the next day its gone.

Ya I agree. I soak a wash cloth in very hot water and press it on the area where the miss is. This has helped me prevent abcesses many times. It works well.

20Dollarholla
12-18-2007, 01:13 PM

Once I was shooting d-amp in a 3cc rig and I'd register and go to run it and relize I slipped out and missed a lil, then register again and the same thing would happen, I ended up missing most of a 3cc shot. At first it was huge, like I had a golfball under the skin in my wrist, but I pushed on it and rubbed it and to my suprise it went away before night. The bruise however was there for weeks, LOL. I dont try and fuck with that vein anymore, and stick to the big veins in the crooks of my arms, there are 2-3 nice ones in each arm.