PDA

View Full Version : Good Oral or Insuff Morphine IR Dose

Inspektahdek
11-16-2007, 02:31 PM
For some of the heads here with some tolerance in their belts, what's a good dose for oral morphine or even snorting, last time I tried IVing they were 10s and it was a bitch because it took wayyy too many shots and these are 15s, what's a good oral or snorting dose and does anyone do this regularly and do u like it? It's been a while, I know jersey_emt can chime in but anyone else as well? Thanks

Brony
11-16-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm Rx'ed around 240mg a day of morph, and if I take a 100mg of morph (a controlled release pill) it gets me feeling good.

Of course, a morph high is a lot different from oxy or fent, IMO. Some people like it and some don't.

From what I've read, a general conversion factor is that oxy is *about* 1.5 times more potent than morph.

Hope this gives you some ideas, Herr 'Dek.

Inspektahdek
11-16-2007, 03:45 PM
vielen danke meine freund herr bron, SWIM is getting 150 15s later, how do they make u feel in comparison, it's been a while for me; Sie sprechen sehr gutes Deutsches kürzlich

Inspektahdek
11-16-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm Rx'ed around 240mg a day of morph, and if I take a 100mg of morph (a controlled release pill) it gets me feeling good.

Of course, a morph high is a lot different from oxy or fent, IMO. Some people like it and some don't.

From what I've read, a general conversion factor is that oxy is *about* 1.5 times more potent than morph.

Hope this gives you some ideas, Herr 'Dek.

I understand the high is different can u help elaborate for me, it's just been so long, do u like it pretty well? 100mg controlled has u feeling nice? wow, what's your oxy tolerance, etc. or other DOC that I could compare to? And what is your ROA? or preferred? Also out of curiousity what mg and dosage like bid tid are u RXd, just curious. :)

Brony
11-16-2007, 05:04 PM
I understand the high is different can u help elaborate for me, it's just been so long, do u like it pretty well? 100mg controlled has u feeling nice? wow, what's your oxy tolerance, etc. or other DOC that I could compare to? And what is your ROA? or preferred? Also out of curiousity what mg and dosage like bid tid are u RXd, just curious. :)

I personally enjoy the morphine high. It's much more sedating that oxycodone. Around 80mg of oxycodone (immediate release) gets me feeling good–not floored and worthless–but feeling real good.

My ROA is oral for pain control. When I want to get fucked up I plug. I make a morphine enema. As for the dosage, I originally was on tid dosing, then switched to qid. With MS Contin that gave me the best pain control.

I use Roxicodone q4h prn for breakthrough pain.

And thanks about my german abilities. I used to speak it on a daily basis, but over the past few years I've used it less frequently.

Inspektahdek
11-16-2007, 05:14 PM
I personally enjoy the morphine high. It's much more sedating that oxycodone. Around 80mg of oxycodone (immediate release) gets me feeling good–not floored and worthless–but feeling real good.

My ROA is oral for pain control. When I want to get fucked up I plug. I make a morphine enema. As for the dosage, I originally was on tid dosing, then switched to qid. With MS Contin that gave me the best pain control.

I use Roxicodone q4h prn for breakthrough pain.

And thanks about my german abilities. I used to speak it on a daily basis, but over the past few years I've used it less frequently.

nice nice, I plug too, about what doses do u plug in morphine? I have a similar but a little larger tolerance than yours, SWIM is picking up IRs as well. What dose gives you the feeling good or even floored feeling when plugging or even oral? You answered all my questions except for dose amount thanks man. About the Deutsche, u have to keep using it or you start losing it, I know that for a fact because I travel alot and I come back and my accent is fucked when I go to bavaria or nord deutscheland, etc.

Brony
11-16-2007, 07:32 PM
nice nice, I plug too, about what doses do u plug in morphine? I have a similar but a little larger tolerance than yours, SWIM is picking up IRs as well. What dose gives you the feeling good or even floored feeling when plugging or even oral? You answered all my questions except for dose amount thanks man. About the Deutsche, u have to keep using it or you start losing it, I know that for a fact because I travel alot and I come back and my accent is fucked when I go to bavaria or nord deutscheland, etc.

If I wanna get fucked when I do morphine I'll do around 150mg oral. For plugging I'll do approx. 130mg.

It's something you'll have to play around with. I've intentionally tried to do less of my stuff for "fun" (and hence lower my tolerance) because my doc said if I want more pain relief, I'll have to go on methadone or fentanyl, and I DO NOT want to go on 'done, and I'm not sure if I want to wear a patch and suck on lollipops (even though Actiq is fun shit).

And you're right about losing it if you don't use it. I find myself looking in the dictionary more and more to translate words I once had memorized.

I gotta get back over to Europe. A holiday in Der Schweiz sounds really good. Grindelwald perhaps...

Inspektahdek
11-16-2007, 09:39 PM
ah yes and this time of the year in the streets/straße (strausses) the gluhwein is magnificient at this time (hot wine served in the street in the holidays) keeps you warm and drunk :D

im enjoying the oral morphine quite nicely, more than I thought I would have, thx for your input

update: *I'm taking caffeine supplements in pill form to keep myself from nodding to oblivion, this stuff is quite sedating, reminding me of fent in it's sedative actions, it's quite nice indeed

om on fent 75s and wish I could get on done' actually gonna see if I can because it's' so fucking widely available and easily scripted, I think done' would def help my addiction prob better than me using bupe as a chip device from bouncing back from binging to not binging

Inspektahdek
11-16-2007, 09:44 PM
question brony: I know you're rx'd morph, and u said about 240 a day, what part is IR and what is ER and how many and what doses are u taking and for what diagnosis or problem if you don't mind me asking, I'll tell u mine but I think everybody knows what's wrong with me

peace

Brony
11-16-2007, 10:07 PM
question brony: I know you're rx'd morph, and u said about 240 a day, what part is IR and what is ER and how many and what doses are u taking and for what diagnosis or problem if you don't mind me asking, I'll tell u mine but I think everybody knows what's wrong with me

peace

As for the morphine, all of it is CR. I use oxycodone for BT pain (15mg Roxicodone x 2) about 3-4 times a day.

All my stuff is for back problems. My diagnosis is I'm fucked. Actually, Ankylosing Spondylosis (google it).

Inspektahdek
11-16-2007, 10:40 PM
As for the morphine, all of it is CR. I use oxycodone for BT pain (15mg Roxicodone x 2) about 3-4 times a day.

All my stuff is for back problems. My diagnosis is I'm fucked. Actually, Ankylosing Spondylosis (google it).

And do you actually take the morph CR, wait u said u plugged so obviously u make it IR I'm assuming, no?

Do you ever get a high from a high CR dose without crushing or IRing it? I know that sounded odd

Brony
11-16-2007, 10:48 PM
And do you actually take the morph CR, wait u said u plugged so obviously u make it IR I'm assuming, no?

Do you ever get a high from a high CR dose without crushing or IRing it? I know that sounded odd

No I take my medication the way I'm supposed to (orally). I only occasionally plug.

And no, I don't get a high from a large CR dose without "modifying" the time release.

Inspektahdek
11-17-2007, 03:10 AM
I ate them throughought the night and at the end of the night and in the early morning I had a dumb idea of plugging a rather large amount and became and am still very sedated and opiated it's pretty intense, I've slapped myself a few times, good thing I had a drunk friend call me when I first did it from waHOLY FUCK ME, I gtg these nods are scaring me I just came from oxy speediness to morphine super sedation and im having some crazy shit going on during the nods, holy fuck

Brony
11-17-2007, 01:32 PM
I ate them throughought the night and at the end of the night and in the early morning I had a dumb idea of plugging a rather large amount and became and am still very sedated and opiated it's pretty intense, I've slapped myself a few times, good thing I had a drunk friend call me when I first did it from waHOLY FUCK ME, I gtg these nods are scaring me I just came from oxy speediness to morphine super sedation and im having some crazy shit going on during the nods, holy fuck

I told you the morph high is quite different from oxy...

Inspektahdek
11-17-2007, 02:23 PM
I told you the morph high is quite different from oxy...

yea it had just been a long time, I did alot and I was very sedated, but it was fun and euphoric

jersey_emt
11-17-2007, 03:41 PM
I am prescribed 270mg of morphine daily. Three 60mg MS-Contins for around-the-clock pain control, and three 30mg MSIR's for breakthrough pain (15-30mg as needed, up to 90mg / day).

Because I don't use all of the MSIR's prescribed to me for pain control (on good days, I don't need any MSIR at all or only 30mg, and on really good days, sometimes even just two MS-Contins are enough -- but those days are extremely rare), I have extras that I put aside for recreational use.

I have a moderate tolerance, and a normal recreational dose for me is anywhere from 150mg - 300mg. 210 or 240mg is my most common dose and gets me feeling quite nice for 3 hours or so.

Inspektahdek
11-18-2007, 06:08 PM
I am prescribed 270mg of morphine daily. Three 60mg MS-Contins for around-the-clock pain control, and three 30mg MSIR's for breakthrough pain (15-30mg as needed, up to 90mg / day).

Because I don't use all of the MSIR's prescribed to me for pain control (on good days, I don't need any MSIR at all or only 30mg, and on really good days, sometimes even just two MS-Contins are enough -- but those days are extremely rare), I have extras that I put aside for recreational use.

I have a moderate tolerance, and a normal recreational dose for me is anywhere from 150mg - 300mg. 210 or 240mg is my most common dose and gets me feeling quite nice for 3 hours or so.

thanks jersey, I knew you'd chime in this thread sometime

Inspektahdek
11-18-2007, 06:14 PM

yea MScontins, I haven't tried in years, but I remember they were great for pain, just not great for recreation. I had them in the states years and years ago, I think I snorted most of em. I sold alot of them as OCs I know that's horrible but I was a little younger and more of a dick.

You're an EMT/paramedic right? Don't you work in an ambulance? If so, being a morphine recreational user, doesn't all that morphine in the truck tempt u daily? How often is the/are the drug supplies checked in the truck?

resorcinol
11-19-2007, 10:28 PM
yea MScontins, I haven't tried in years, but I remember they were great for pain, just not great for recreation. I had them in the states years and years ago, I think I snorted most of em. I sold alot of them as OCs I know that's horrible but I was a little younger and more of a dick.

You're an EMT/paramedic right? Don't you work in an ambulance? If so, being a morphine recreational user, doesn't all that morphine in the truck tempt u daily? How often is the/are the drug supplies checked in the truck?

You just reminded me of something funny. When I was reading pet sematary louis creed (the main char is a doc) says he has morphine in his bag, and at the end of the book he ends up rekilling his son with the morph (in the movie, the cat too).

I was thinking how if I was him I woulda shot myself up first then did the dirty deed on the cat and kid. Fuck, if I was in his situation I woulda been shootin that supply up nonstop. Shows you how junkies react to certain triggers even in everyday reading/media.

I'm high so this is kinda ramble maybe

Inspektahdek
11-23-2007, 04:06 PM
You just reminded me of something funny. When I was reading pet sematary louis creed (the main char is a doc) says he has morphine in his bag, and at the end of the book he ends up rekilling his son with the morph (in the movie, the cat too).

I was thinking how if I was him I woulda shot myself up first then did the dirty deed on the cat and kid. Fuck, if I was in his situation I woulda been shootin that supply up nonstop. Shows you how junkies react to certain triggers even in everyday reading/media.

I'm high so this is kinda ramble maybe

perhaps?

20Dollarholla
12-07-2007, 08:48 AM
I really like the morphine high, but I like the sedating highs more than any other type of high. I still get that instant excitement which gives me a whole lot of energy for the first hour... then the nodd hits and I'm in heaven. I think Morohine is the best of both worlds ( at least for me) it gives the instant feeling good enough to get things done and be social for a few hours, then the sedation kicks in and its a great nod.

Inspektadek, dont snort the morphine, the Bioavailability of oral morphine is 30% and the Bioavailability of insufflated morphine is 20%. So in essence your getting less of the drug if you snort it.

There is something called chitosin that when mixed with the morphine you are gooin to snort raise the bioavailability to 60% insuffalated, but you HAVE to have the Chitosin, and I have no clue where to buy it.

Plugging should be your best method of administration. The bioavailability of plugging morphine is around 75%-80%.

C-Wop
12-10-2007, 01:18 AM
from my experiences intranasal morphine was only about half as strong as intranasal oxy. I usually would rail 2 80 OC's (got too expensive, on the H now), so when I got some MS Contins on one rare occasion (had used before, so I wasnt just guessing on dose), I railed 300mg and got exactly what I expected,

rachamim18
12-10-2007, 07:55 AM
Forgive me if it has been discussed but the bioavailibility of morphine is dismal, but can be made conducive to insufflation. The key is to adjust the pH of the substance so that it is more absorbable. This will also allow "plugging" of it as well.

One promising way, one that will soon yield morphine inhalers, is by compounding morphine with Chitosan. Chitosan is made from alkaline hydrolysis (deacetylation) of Chitin, the component that makes some shrimp shells red. If compounded correctly, it will give you a bioavailiblity of above 80%, as high as 90!

pH can be adjusted with more accessible substances as well.

Ah, I do see 2 posts up that20dolla mentions Chitosan. He is right also on the figures for oral and insufflated bio. Anyway, the key is the pH.

Inspektahdek
12-12-2007, 07:32 PM
I need a new oral syringe, I broke my other one, I know I know, it wasn't in my ass, I assure you! it was taking the end piece and stretching to far which caused on the caps that holds the plunge in place to fall into the sink, fuck

shouldn't be a hassle the apotheke gives them out for free! I just have to be not lazy enough to by there tomorrow. There's also a killer doner and baguette stand right next to it, mmmmm yea i'll prob be making it there tomorrow

collegekid
12-13-2007, 03:35 PM
In regards to the use of Chitosan, I have found a product at my local health food store that contain Chitosan w/ Glucomannan. Might this be an appropriate product to take in conjunction with my morphine?

And is one to simply take it orally?

samsong
12-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Vitamin Shoppe has a few Chitosan products as well without it being mixed with anything else. So how do we go about prepping the morphine with this--just add the powders together?

Inspektahdek
12-14-2007, 02:27 PM
I just got 400 15IRs today, I'm having mixed results when doing them rectal nowadays, prob because I'm constipated, if I eat them it takes ALOT!

jersey_emt
12-14-2007, 06:25 PM
I just got 400 15IRs today, I'm having mixed results when doing them rectal nowadays, prob because I'm constipated, if I eat them it takes ALOT!

Four hundred pills? Damn.

tch2296
12-14-2007, 07:40 PM
After dosing like 15 mg of bupe I waited a day (a little less) and snorted 40 mg of Morphine Instant-Release Tablets. It felt like about 5 mg of Morphine...I was stupid not to wait.

roxi*stardust
12-14-2007, 08:29 PM
After dosing like 15 mg of bupe I waited a day (a little less) and snorted 40 mg of Morphine Instant-Release Tablets. It felt like about 5 mg of Morphine...I was stupid not to wait.

I don't know how your tolerance is but since you are on 15mg of Bupe (BTW how do you get a dose of 15mg of bupe?) I would imagine that it is fairly decent. Considering this, 40mg of oral or nasal morphine really isn't that good of a dose. Shit can anyone even feel 5mg of morphine taken orally or nasally? This might not be exact equivalent according to a narcotic doasge convertor but IMO 40mg of morphine equals about 10 to 12.5mg of oxycodone. 40mg of oral morphine is equal to about 7 mg of IV morphine (about 17.5%), nasally to availablity is much better. Also just for the record, 40mg of oral morphine is equal to 0.3mg of IV bupe

Inspektahdek
12-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Four hundred pills? Damn.

yeah, and almost literally free! Well, extremely cheap no less. Does anyone have experience eating or using oxy and morphine together? IS that a decent combo or will it negate it some? My oxy tolerance right now is ridiculous after a 2 week binge and no matter how much oxy I do, the high fades fast and I'm thinking I should start using this morphine more.

irish
12-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Are you doing ok Dek? Did you get your meds? I'm glad to hear that you got your hands on some dope, I hope it lasts and you don't get sick. Wish I had 400 morphine pills!:D

jersey_emt
12-15-2007, 03:42 PM
yeah, and almost literally free! Well, extremely cheap no less. Does anyone have experience eating or using oxy and morphine together? IS that a decent combo or will it negate it some? My oxy tolerance right now is ridiculous after a 2 week binge and no matter how much oxy I do, the high fades fast and I'm thinking I should start using this morphine more.

My doc just switched me to 30mg Roxi's for my breakthrough pain, so my current script is now 60mg MS-Contin 3x day an d 30mg oxycodone as needed for breakthrough pain, up to 3x daily (I get 90 pills of each for 30 days). So I'll have some report of that mixture soon :)

Inspektahdek
12-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Are you doing ok Dek? Did you get your meds? I'm glad to hear that you got your hands on some dope, I hope it lasts and you don't get sick. Wish I had 400 morphine pills!:D

yea I'm fine hopefully tomorrow should straighten everything out after the results come out because I heard one of my docs say something like I can't give u anything until the report comes back. I'm leaving to go vacation in the States on Tuesday so they wouldn't just cut me off cold would they? I was trying to get methadone and only my real doctor can make the switch but she won't be there next week, the PA is supposed to do my backup and she can only refill what I usually get she can only refill, no changes if all goes well. What do u think will happen? I'm really afraid of going from a very cold to warm environment and then start withdrawing on vacation, I'd prob want to cry then :(

irish
12-16-2007, 03:53 PM
I really hope that they hook you up. Doctors have to learn that they are responsible for supplying their patients with meds that are addictive and keeping that supply constant. It does more harm than good to keep taking people off and on these meds. Best of luck man.

mikells43
12-16-2007, 08:10 PM
morph was my fav high of all of them. once i was working in an abulance. and i was eating lortabs all day due to a burn i had them(was nice when i could get high on lortabs), i stole a guys 30mg morphs the green funky waxy ones and cut them into 4's, i took a whole pill all day and damn all fuzzy and tired and feeling great. i loved that, it was nice when i could do that with such a small tollerence.

Inspektahdek
12-17-2007, 11:51 AM
morph was my fav high of all of them. once i was working in an abulance. and i was eating lortabs all day due to a burn i had them(was nice when i could get high on lortabs), i stole a guys 30mg morphs the green funky waxy ones and cut them into 4's, i took a whole pill all day and damn all fuzzy and tired and feeling great. i loved that, it was nice when i could do that with such a small tollerence.

same here, all morphine really does for me now is keep me in check