PDA

View Full Version : can't get high from Oxy

bluide*devil
11-05-2007, 01:50 AM
hi,

i've posted about this experience in replies to other threads, but never on its own.

i don't get 'high' any more from Oxy... or Percs/Vics... anything. the euphoria is totally gone, no matter how much i take.

has anyone been at this point before? do i just need a long break from it to reset my brain or something? it is SO fucking frustrating. i used to LOVE getting high, but it just doesn't work anymore. FUCK!

i've only been taking opies for about 3 years. usually it was one week on/one week off. then my connections became more stable and it became almost every day (3 times a day) use.

i try to take breaks, but that only lasts 3 or 4 days at the most, and it's not long enough for my brain to get back to normal (so i can get HIGH again!) Grrrrr...!

what should i do? i miss it so much. :(

LorTabitha
11-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Try kratom to "detox" from the opies for a couple weeks, then go back and forth between the two. Just my $.02.

roxi*stardust
11-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Try a taper with Suboxone for 4-6 weeks.

bluide*devil
11-05-2007, 01:12 PM
thanks for the replies LorTabitha and Roxi...

i don't have any Kratom, so i don't think i'll be doing that. but i do have plenty of Suboxone. but not taking Oxy for 4-6 weeks is like asking me not to breathe. i know that it needs to be done, but it's been more than 3 years since i've gone that long. actually, it's never been more than 5 or 6 days without opies in that whole 3 years.

when i found Oxy, it was my dream come true. i could not believe how i felt. i wanted to feel like that 24/7/365. (remember when you FIRST tried it?) i can't imagine not ever feeling that way again.

i did see your replies, but i also wanted to know if this has happened to you/anyone else. it would be nice to know that if i take a long enough break, all will be back to 'normal'. :rolleyes:

thanks.

Dr. Oxy
11-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Happens to all of us. As of now there is no chemical way to reset tolerance. Lots of research is being done on the subject, since opiate tolerance is viewed as a perfect model of neuronal remodeling in the brain. There are some vague articles out there that say taking 0.1mg of naltrexone 3 times a day can help lower the amount of opiates you need to use, but its all very vague. DXM may help as it is a CYP2D6 substrate. Right now the only way to go is to take a break of all opiate substances, probably even suboxone, as its still an agonist. Or start a taper down to where your dose is very low, then use bigger doses and you'll probably get high again. Longterm opiate use changes your brain and your neurons permanently. Its inevitable for now.

bluide*devil
11-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Happens to all of us. As of now there is no chemical way to reset tolerance. Lots of research is being done on the subject, since opiate tolerance is viewed as a perfect model of neuronal remodeling in the brain. There are some vague articles out there that say taking 0.1mg of naltrexone 3 times a day can help lower the amount of opiates you need to use, but its all very vague. DXM may help as it is a CYP2D6 substrate. Right now the only way to go is to take a break of all opiate substances, probably even suboxone, as its still an agonist. Or start a taper down to where your dose is very low, then use bigger doses and you'll probably get high again. Longterm opiate use changes your brain and your neurons permanently. Its inevitable for now.

yes, but from what i understand, tolerance means that you need to take more to get the same feelings that you had before. that's the problem, when i take more, i just get tired, very heavy, etc. there is basically no 'pleasure' in it at all. and i'm not talking about a huge tolerance, either. when this started happening, i was using about 30mg Oxy to get off. it's not like i was doing 200mg and then tried 300mg and didn't get anything. i just thought that i had a long way to go as far as tolerance was concerned. but now it's just 'over' - and my tolerance was only 40mg!

what really sucks is that i have many people calling me to ask if i want it. of course i want it!! but it won't do anything for me and will just be a let-down and a huge waste of money.

and if 'longterm opiate use changes your brain and your neurons permanently', why would taking a break make a difference? know what i mean?

Slippin|Fallen
11-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Try a taper with Suboxone for 4-6 weeks.

I agree. I hit the using just to stay well stage. No more euphoria, just nodding if I used enough.
Now I acquired 3 subs, I snort approx 2mgs and that usually did me well before, so hopefully it will again.
Oh and hopefully 3 subs is enough. Always make sure you keep these guys on hand for when your trying to come off for a break.

Dr. Oxy
11-05-2007, 03:06 PM
yes, but from what i understand, tolerance means that you need to take more to get the same feelings that you had before. that's the problem, when i take more, i just get tired, very heavy, etc. there is basically no 'pleasure' in it at all. and i'm not talking about a huge tolerance, either. when this started happening, i was using about 30mg Oxy to get off. it's not like i was doing 200mg and then tried 300mg and didn't get anything. i just thought that i had a long way to go as far as tolerance was concerned. but now it's just 'over' - and my tolerance was only 40mg!

what really sucks is that i have many people calling me to ask if i want it. of course i want it!! but it won't do anything for me and will just be a let-down and a huge waste of money.

and if 'longterm opiate use changes your brain and your neurons permanently', why would taking a break make a difference? know what i mean?

Well your brain trys to repair itself, and it does, but ever notice how when you start using after a break, you often jump right back to your previous tolerance in just a few days? The repair takes a lot longer than the actual damage. We dont know what remains longterm or what can be reversed by abstaining, because no one has done a longterm study like over 30-40 years of opiate use.

As for your use not working i'm stumped, it could be pyschological. Are you expecting to much from the high, are you thinking about it as you wait, and overstressing waiting for that good feeling? Maybe thats affecting it, the mind is a powerful tool. I myself have noticed that when taking ym medicine as prescribed, the euphoria wil go away and only the pain relief stays.

If oxys aren't cutting it for you, you may have to make the jump to a stronger opiate, like dilaudid,oxymorphone, or maybe try something else for a while like some hydro for a couple of weeks. Every opiate affects the receptors differently, the mu, kappa and delta types. Some favor one or more heavily.

Also what other pharmecuticals are you on? Something may be blocking the oxy.

Inspektahdek
11-05-2007, 07:40 PM
yea u def need like a week break, try to chip with something that will just "hold u over" nothing to get a buzz just rid w/ds and then oxy will work again, I was at a point once I was blowing 200mg oxy at a time to feel anything so trust me I know. And even now my oxy level is atleast 150mg at a time so breaks are def good, especially if u do it dailiy than a 4-6 day break with something very small like codeine or even immodium will have that magic back..

peace bro

rachamim18
11-06-2007, 01:33 AM
"There is no way to reset tolerance (sic).": Actually there is. The d-isomer of methadone has proven itself to compeltely negate tolerance and physical habituation when taken in conjunction with morphine

JonnyM
11-06-2007, 01:36 AM
i don't have any Kratom, so i don't think i'll be doing that. but i do have plenty of Suboxone. but not taking Oxy for 4-6 weeks is like asking me not to breathe. i know that it needs to be done, but it's been more than 3 years since i've gone that long. actually, it's never been more than 5 or 6 days without opies in that whole 3 years.

It's all about will power... f you want to get the buzz back you know what ya gotta do.

Dr. Oxy
11-06-2007, 01:43 AM
"There is no way to reset tolerance (sic).": Actually there is. The d-isomer of methadone has proven itself to compeltely negate tolerance and physical habituation when taken in conjunction with morphine

So has Proglumide(CCK inhibitor) as well as any number of NMDA antagonists, there are many pieces to this puzzle, and I dont like how you generalize everything, or think the answer has already been found.

JonnyM
11-06-2007, 01:46 AM

I disagree.... Myself and many others I have known have had there tolerance reduced by not using for extended periods of time. If what you say is true how come so many heroin addicts OD when they stop using and start again at the same dose?

roxi*stardust
11-06-2007, 07:30 AM
If you take a break with Subs for several weeks you might not be down to zero tolerance but you will "feel" the oxy again. Trust me, been there.

bluide*devil
11-06-2007, 11:40 AM
thanks everyone for the replies... the consensus is 'take a break', and i knew that was the answer. unfortunately, willpower is not nearly as easy to come by as Oxy... :rolleyes:

i have plenty of Suboxone, but i have been taking about 3-4mgs a day for the past 3 days. i know that i should take as little as possible (and i'm sure i could get away with taking 1mg and be fine) but i do get a little buzz from the Subs and with a xanax, it makes for a pretty relaxing night. (yes, i am fully aware of the half-life of bupe, and possible interaction with xanax... thanks.) ;)

i'll taper down to 1mg or less on the sub and see if i can make it two weeks. god i hope this works!!!

roxi*stardust
11-06-2007, 12:19 PM
thanks everyone for the replies... the consensus is 'take a break', and i knew that was the answer. unfortunately, willpower is not nearly as easy to come by as Oxy... :rolleyes:

i have plenty of Suboxone, but i have been taking about 3-4mgs a day for the past 3 days. i know that i should take as little as possible (and i'm sure i could get away with taking 1mg and be fine) but i do get a little buzz from the Subs and with a xanax, it makes for a pretty relaxing night. (yes, i am fully aware of the half-life of bupe, and possible interaction with xanax... thanks.) ;)

i'll taper down to 1mg or less on the sub and see if i can make it two weeks. god i hope this works!!!
Good luck with your "break". Look what you have to look foward to; in a few weeks your oxy will work better for you and you may not have to take as much. I agree with you that oxy is easier to find than willpower, I have the same problem but this time I'm sticky to my guns. I am wasting too much money trying to make it between RXs when I can take the Subs and feel pretty much good with the excpetion of my pain. I use IBU 800s and Valium and it at least tones the pain down to a yell rather than a scream at the top of your lungs, lol. Well keep it up.

bluide*devil
11-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Good luck with your "break".

i just blew my break 15 minutes ago. :D

i do feel a little something. maybe i'll complete the whole 2 weeks next time. :rolleyes:

thanks.

Pandora
11-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Wait, you're on 30 mgs of oxy a day and you're taking 3-4 mg of sub per day? I'm surprised you're feeling anything, suboxone usually blocks it for the first 24 hours depending on how much you've taken, and even after 24 hours really tones down the high in my opinion.

bluide*devil
11-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Wait, you're on 30 mgs of oxy a day and you're taking 3-4 mg of sub per day? I'm surprised you're feeling anything, suboxone usually blocks it for the first 24 hours depending on how much you've taken, and even after 24 hours really tones down the high in my opinion.

you are sort-of correct. i took a 3-day break from Oxy with Suboxone and resumed Oxy on the 4th day.

my normal dose is 40mg Oxy. for the last 3 days (not today) i had taken ~3 or 4mg of Suboxone per day. but i did not take the 3-4mg's all at once. it was throughout the day, each day.

i guess it works differently for different people. i find that under 4mg's of Sub i can still 'feel' the Oxy. it's not the 'high' i want, but i still feel it.

when i first heard about Bupe (Suboxone), i thought that any amount would totally block all other opiates. but that is not at all true.

(inaudible screams)
11-07-2007, 12:59 AM
Not getting high anymore is part of the game.........

I no longer get high from oxy...If I took 7 80s at once I could feel a slight high, but I would feel more sleepy.

For me I can only get the high once a day. So if I take some in the morning, anything I take after that initial high is not going to give me any rush....it will just make me sleepy.

Tolerance tolerance tolerance. I recently took 20 80s in one day :( such a waste of money and medicine. I am now way low on my meds and not due for a refill any time soon. Time to take a break.

bluide*devil
11-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Not getting high anymore is part of the game.........

I no longer get high from oxy...If I took 7 80s at once I could feel a slight high, but I would feel more sleepy.

For me I can only get the high once a day. So if I take some in the morning, anything I take after that initial high is not going to give me any rush....it will just make me sleepy.

Tolerance tolerance tolerance. I recently took 20 80s in one day :( such a waste of money and medicine. I am now way low on my meds and not due for a refill any time soon. Time to take a break.

well, i'm sorry to hear that Oxy doesn't work for you any more. but i'm glad to hear that i'm not the only one that has this problem. misery loves company... ;)

looks like both of us need a break. the problem is that Oxy is constantly around me and i find it hard to 'just say no' even though i know it won't do anything for me except drain my wallet and make me frustrated.

i saw a show on crystal meth the other night and they were showing how the brain's dopamine receptors actually seal themselves off from the constant overstimulation of meth. this keeps the meth from further stimulating them, but also stops the 'normal' recognition of dopamine, preventing any kind of happiness - a state known as 'anhedonia'. i wonder if this is what happens with opiates, but to a lesser extent. crystal meth is scary shit and is one thing that i would never ever even consider doing.

Dr. Oxy
11-07-2007, 02:59 PM
well, i'm sorry to hear that Oxy doesn't work for you any more. but i'm glad to hear that i'm not the only one that has this problem. misery loves company... ;)

looks like both of us need a break. the problem is that Oxy is constantly around me and i find it hard to 'just say no' even though i know it won't do anything for me except drain my wallet and make me frustrated.

i saw a show on crystal meth the other night and they were showing how the brain's dopamine receptors actually seal themselves off from the constant overstimulation of meth. this keeps the meth from further stimulating them, but also stops the 'normal' recognition of dopamine, preventing any kind of happiness - a state known as 'anhedonia'. i wonder if this is what happens with opiates, but to a lesser extent. crystal meth is scary shit and is one thing that i would never ever even consider doing.

Opiates attach to opiate receptors, which cause the dopamine neurotransmitters to release dopamine(which makes you happy). After time the neurons develop many new dendrites(branches) that are NMDA receptors; these make the neurons extra-sensitive, which makes pain feel worse. NMDA antagonists like dextromethorphan(Cough syrup) can block these extra NMDA dendrites that develop, allowing the neuron to function properly, and the pain decreases. Also with concommitant opiate use, the levels of CCK(I forget what this stands for) increase. Certain CCK blockers like Proglumide(Not manufactured anymore, but used to be used to treat ulcers), can block tolerance developing in rats. There are also a dense clutser of cannaboid receptors on all neurons, which helps explain why marijuana has some effect on pain, and may poteniate opiates.

As you can see pain signals ar very very complicated. Theres the actual pain. Then how your brain recognizes the pain. Sometimes even if the underlying pain is treated(surgery, pyshical therapy), the neurons become so sensitive after months of pain signals, that the pain continues. And most likely this is a fraction of why pain actually occurs. Now you can ask why pain exists to begin with. The reason is because pain is good. There are people born with a gene defect that makes them feel no pain. These people will go through life, bumping into things, and getting hit, and will feel nothing, but eventually there body will succumb to the internal injuries.

The current debate is whether the medication gets less effective as time goes on, or whether the neurons become extra sensitized, and so you "feel" the pain more.

Ludakris
11-08-2007, 09:55 AM
^^^

question since we're somewhat on the subject...I've heard a lot concerning DXM potentiating opies. The problem is, I've seen a lot of confiliction as to whether the DXM needs to be taken before, or after the DOC. (also, my understanding is only theraputic dosages of DXM potentiate).

bluide*devil
11-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Opiates attach to opiate receptors, which cause the dopamine neurotransmitters to release dopamine(which makes you happy)... [snip]

yes, i know all that. but my question was not about the 'pain' aspect of opiates, but of dopamine receptors sealing themselves off from dopamine similar to the effects of methamphetamine. the reason for the blissful state after taking opiates is due to the flood of dopamine that opiates set off (same with cocaine, meth and cigarettes for that matter).

my question is: is the reason that people don't get 'high' any more from ANY amount of Oxy because the dopamine receptors have 'sealed' themselves off from further (over)stimulation (to an extent) and the flood of dopamine is 'there' but simply not 'recognized' by the dopamine receptors (or only partially recognized).

this could also explain the depression associated with withdrawal. i know that it is commonly attributed to lack of endorphins, but i can't help think that it is all connected somehow, and that lack of endorphins is not the ONLY reason for the depression.

the layman's answer to this is 'it's tolerance'. but the answer i'm looking for is much deeper. ;)

Inspektahdek
11-08-2007, 01:58 PM
If you take a break with Subs for several weeks you might not be down to zero tolerance but you will "feel" the oxy again. Trust me, been there.

and I second this, I just picked up 60 subs so I can bring that fent tolerance monster off my back, he's rather large

Crow
11-08-2007, 03:29 PM
hi,
i don't get 'high' any more from Oxy... or Percs/Vics... anything. the euphoria is totally gone, no matter how much i take.

has anyone been at this point before?

Nope, in fact most people's tolerances go down the more opiates they do. Pain pills are like weed, they are reverse tolerance! You must be some kind of human anomaly or something.

Not. We all wish, though. Sorry about the sarcasm, happens to us all honey. Welcome to the cold, hard grip of addiction. Enjoy your stay, be safe. Your best bet would be a break (four or five days minimum) and get rid of any opiates in your system. Get the monkey off your back and you'll enjoy it more, I promise.

Dr. Oxy
11-08-2007, 05:36 PM
^^^

question since we're somewhat on the subject...I've heard a lot concerning DXM potentiating opies. The problem is, I've seen a lot of confiliction as to whether the DXM needs to be taken before, or after the DOC. (also, my understanding is only theraputic dosages of DXM potentiate).

I would do it before Luda, when you're taking your tagamet or w/e, like 30 minutes prior to dosing. The robotussin cough gels work well for this, they're single ingredient DXM 15mgs.

bluide*devil
11-09-2007, 05:32 AM
Nope, in fact most people's tolerances go down the more opiates they do. Pain pills are like weed, they are reverse tolerance! You must be some kind of human anomaly or something.

Not. We all wish, though. Sorry about the sarcasm, happens to us all honey. Welcome to the cold, hard grip of addiction. Enjoy your stay, be safe. Your best bet would be a break (four or five days minimum) and get rid of any opiates in your system. Get the monkey off your back and you'll enjoy it more, I promise.

LOL. I started reading this and was like WHAAAA???!! ;)

my opiate use started about 3 years ago (sorry if i'm repeating myself) and i was in heaven with 2.5mgs of Oxy (yes, half a perc!). over a two year period, my tolerance grew to about 15-20mg to feel nice. i should also mention that because of the availability (or lack thereof), i was on a 1 week on/1 week off schedule, so i had a nice built-in break every other week, whether i liked it or not.

but for the last year, when supply has been rather good (no break, using every day) the euphoria just totally went away - and i mean TOTALLY. i can remember what euphoria felt like, but it is ever-elusive, no matter what amount of opies i take. i always thought that 'tolerance' meant that you had to take more of your DOC to get the same feeling, but even when i take A LOT more, i don't get that feeling AT ALL! :(

i just took an OC80 and it was almost a complete waste. i just thought that it took longer than 2 or 3 years to lose the euphoric aspect. guess i was wrong...

"Pamela, I am not attracted to you any more!!"
NOT! :D

sphiral
11-09-2007, 09:14 AM
yea - I can finally post. Sorry, long time lurker, joined months ago...posts just now working. Anyway, I have the exact same problem. Oxy does nothing for me - will not even nock a normal headache back...and I have tried mountains of it at once (like 25+ 30mg Roxis). Anyway, I have taken breaks, and alternated with Actiq...doesn't matter - Oxy will never work for me again - unless some super cure for tolerance is created. A few things I wanted to say to bluide*devil: (http://forum.opiophile.org/member.php?u=4559)

(1) I don't think a break will work for you either - I think you need another DOC. Although, in my case, Actiq will kill a headache (almost every time), but nothing recreational - ever.

(2) If your supply is constant (as is mine, as a CP patient), you will not get any recreational use out of it. Basically, as long as you have it in your system, taking more wont help much. Now, like (inaudible screams) said, taken once a day there is a chance, but with half-life's and all, unless you are in acute withdrawal, I doubt it will do much good. I used to wait until I was sweating profusely, and then Oxy *might* help with pain/fun to do.

(3) I have *considered* inj Oxy / H for this very reason. I would be curious if there are others that got nothing from Oxy, but found H / inj to help with this problem, or are we just screwed for life?

(4) I have naltrexone to play with in tiny amounts to remove tolerance. Never done more than a sliver, as my fear of withdrawals is higher than just about anything else. I know there are a few on this forum that have had great success with this - I think in a nasal sprayer if memory serves.

Anyway, wanted to say hi - I'm new, long time lurker, and BD, you are not alone, as I have the same issue. Hope I didn't highjack the thread or anything. Good luck.

sphiral

Inspektahdek
11-09-2007, 12:53 PM
yea - I can finally post. Sorry, long time lurker, joined months ago...posts just now working. Anyway, I have the exact same problem. Oxy does nothing for me - will not even nock a normal headache back...and I have tried mountains of it at once (like 25+ 30mg Roxis). Anyway, I have taken breaks, and alternated with Actiq...doesn't matter - Oxy will never work for me again - unless some super cure for tolerance is created. A few things I wanted to say to bluide*devil: (http://forum.opiophile.org/member.php?u=4559)

(1) I don't think a break will work for you either - I think you need another DOC. Although, in my case, Actiq will kill a headache (almost every time), but nothing recreational - ever.

(2) If your supply is constant (as is mine, as a CP patient), you will not get any recreational use out of it. Basically, as long as you have it in your system, taking more wont help much. Now, like (inaudible screams) said, taken once a day there is a chance, but with half-life's and all, unless you are in acute withdrawal, I doubt it will do much good. I used to wait until I was sweating profusely, and then Oxy *might* help with pain/fun to do.

(3) I have *considered* inj Oxy / H for this very reason. I would be curious if there are others that got nothing from Oxy, but found H / inj to help with this problem, or are we just screwed for life?

(4) I have naltrexone to play with in tiny amounts to remove tolerance. Never done more than a sliver, as my fear of withdrawals is higher than just about anything else. I know there are a few on this forum that have had great success with this - I think in a nasal sprayer if memory serves.

Anyway, wanted to say hi - I'm new, long time lurker, and BD, you are not alone, as I have the same issue. Hope I didn't highjack the thread or anything. Good luck.

sphiral

oxy does and will always work for me but fent def made my oxy tolerance skyrocket for sure

oh and welcome to the site sphiral, check your email/pm

bluide*devil
11-10-2007, 03:11 AM

sphiral

hi sphrial,

everything you say is extremely scary to me because i just can't imagine never feeling that wonderful feeling again. it has been so long since i was actually 'euphoric'. but i remember it so well. and that makes it so hard just to function. i keep trying and trying, but it just doesn't work.

i haven't been able to take a break for more than 5 or 6 days, and that's using Subs, so i guess i'm not even *really* taking a break when i do that.

if tolerance (or whatever makes people not get high anymore) exists, then why are all the people on this site still into opiates? that's what i don't understand. i see all these posts in all the different forums, and it seems to me that people are still getting high from their DOC. why is it, that *i* am not getting high? surely, some of these people have been on opiates longer and at higher dosages than me.

i guess i should ask, who still gets the warm-fuzzy-internal-hug-brain-massage-not-a-care-in-the-world euphoria from opies, how long have you been using, does the euphoria sometimes go away and a break brings it back? i'm curious to know.

maybe there's something wrong with me. a friend of mine has been taking Vic's steady for years and years, and HE still gets high. i am actually depressed (but not taking anything for it) so maybe that has something to do with it. maybe the chemicals in my brain do not allow Oxy to do its thing.

well, i just ran out of Oxy tonight, so maybe that 2-week break will happen. :rolleyes:

jonny-5
11-10-2007, 03:16 AM
the thing is, we build a tolerance to the euphoria much quicker than to the sedation. thats why when you take a whole bunch you just get tired. you may be at a point where the amount you would need to get euphoric would kill you. the only way to fix it like everyone else is saying is to take a break for a few weeks. im at pretty much the same point with heroin, i do huge amounts and only get a little euphoria, so im planning on taking a break. it wont be easy, but its what has to be done. you have suboxone so after the first two days you wont be feeling like shit anymore. good luck.

resorcinol
11-10-2007, 04:32 AM
I'm experiencing sort of the same thing with my pods, bluide.

When i first dosed pods i took 2 tbsp grounds and I was in ecstasy, I felt so good, everything felt so warm and happy, negativity faded into the background. I was extremely high and euphoric.

Now 8-10 tbsp (about a half cup or a lil more) just gets me quite sedated with mild noticeable euphoria but NOTHING like the first 20 or so times. I've gotten so upset about it that I wanted to punch my computer or something. Once I tooks nearly a full cup of grounds and just got extremely nauseous and heavily sedated and nodded, but still only mild-moderate euphoria... no ecstasy like at first.

Yeah, it sucks major that toler to euphoria builds the fastest of all. I hate it.

bluide*devil
11-11-2007, 01:12 AM
the thing is, we build a tolerance to the euphoria much quicker than to the sedation. [snip] you have suboxone so after the first two days you wont be feeling like shit anymore. good luck.

hey jonny-5, good luck with your break. somehow i think yours will be much harder than mine...

and actually, i won't feel any w/d. i dose the subs just as soon as i feel w/d coming on (usually the next morning). i haven't actually had to go thru w/d for a while now. Subs are nice to have! ;)

I'm experiencing sort of the same thing with my pods, bluide.

When i first dosed pods i took 2 tbsp grounds and I was in ecstasy, I felt so good, everything felt so warm and happy, negativity faded into the background. I was extremely high and euphoric.

Now 8-10 tbsp (about a half cup or a lil more) just gets me quite sedated with mild noticeable euphoria but NOTHING like the first 20 or so times. I've gotten so upset about it that I wanted to punch my computer or something. Once I tooks nearly a full cup of grounds and just got extremely nauseous and heavily sedated and nodded, but still only mild-moderate euphoria... no ecstasy like at first.

Yeah, it sucks major that toler to euphoria builds the fastest of all. I hate it.

hey resorcinol,

did you eat/drink the grounds straight/with grapefruit juice? it sounds like you didn' t make PT. just curious.

i never got euphoria from pods, and i was getting good pods, too. i guess everyone is different...

resorcinol
11-11-2007, 10:47 AM
hey resorcinol,

did you eat/drink the grounds straight/with grapefruit juice? it sounds like you didn' t make PT. just curious.

i never got euphoria from pods, and i was getting good pods, too. i guess everyone is different...

I eat grounds most of the time. Occasionally I drink the tea when I don't feel like slugging down a shitload of those nasty grounds.

When I first did pods I got euphoria on par with oxy... not now. I doubt even oxy would do it though.

sphiral
11-11-2007, 10:56 AM
sorry bluide, but I still don't think a break will help. As was said, even a long break (read years) can take days to resume same dosage and effects. I don't think we are diff from the others, as I know I still take my meds daily, even knowing at best I will just feel better, but have little or no fun at all. It is the addiction, or fear of withdrawal that drives us one and all.

I know Oxy tolerance can build faster than almost anything else. But again, even nick (i think - still trying to remember all the names) claimed that pure heroin maintenance was only fun for 5 minutes, 3 times a day - so I still believe that if you have a constant supply, the fun is completely gone. Your body has to have nothing to almost nothing in it to enjoy a dose, at least mine does.

I have considered inj for this very reason, but as was said above, even that looses its appeal after some time. Honestly, the only thing that I think has a chance is lowering tolerance with proglumide or naltrexone (sp?). I have read real reports of this working. Hell, I even found a pharmacist and doctor willing to try it on me - just cant seem to order proglumide in the states any more - naltrexone I have, just afraid to take enough to make a difference - but I believe it CAN work well.

Anyway, I wish you luck, and hope we both find the fun / pain relief that we miss so much.

sphiral

handsome rob
11-11-2007, 02:07 PM
I had the same problem, doing a 10 mg-20 mg at first would get be blasted and my tolerance grew but I still felt the euphoria. After about 2 years my tolerance was about 160 mg to feel euphoria and it seemed to suddenly stop. I remember not feeling euphoria for the first time so I took small breaks a 1-2 days and I would feel it a little, only for a couple weeks mind you. My tolerance grew to 4-5 80's a day "chasin' Jason". I just couldn't get that feeling back. I still felt a rush of energy and a sort of fulfillment every time I used but nothing seemed to get me back there. After maintaining with about 2 80's a day for another year I went to the needle. I banged 40 mg on my first go and it all came back, for about half an hour (as opposed to multiple hours). I was hooked on the needle for about 6 months doing a full 80 in a shot and finally went to H. After that I went to the Done clinic, Suboxone not being successful for me (not enough self control). I have been on Done for just over a year and am tapering off. It's hard to get off of but it works, plus it blocks other opies (on doses over approximately 25-35 mg. I was on 100 mg and have gone down to 48 mg. I am curious how an OC would feel after I'm off the Done. By the why, I DO NOT RECOMMEND SHOOTING DOPE! It is very addictive and dangerous for many reasons. Plus, once you go to the needle you don't want to go back. Question, does anyone know if Methadone maintenance/long term detox helps repair receptors?
Take care.-H.R.

tonyk
11-11-2007, 04:40 PM
<snip>Sometimes even if the underlying pain is treated(surgery, pyshical therapy), the neurons become so sensitive after months of pain signals, that the pain continues.<snip>.

Do you think this is why people that have had a chronically painfull extremity surgically removed...still feel the "ghost" pain on the extremity??? I have encountered this phenomenon many times transporting patients. Just curious of your opinion.

tonyk
11-11-2007, 10:47 PM
hi,

i've posted about this experience in replies to other threads, but never on its own.

has anyone been at this point before? do i just need a long break from it to reset my brain or something? it is SO fucking frustrating. i used to LOVE getting high, but it just doesn't work anymore. FUCK!

i've only been taking opies for about 3 years. usually it was one week on/one week off. then my connections became more stable and it became almost every day (3 times a day) use.

i try to take breaks, but that only lasts 3 or 4 days at the most, and it's not long enough for my brain to get back to normal (so i can get HIGH again!) Grrrrr...!

Well, I have been using opiates for 30 yrs and I still get high from some of them... The main thing for me is that I use alcohol to potentiate! No where on this forum does anyone mention drinking along with the opiates. For me that is a must! I admit that I no longer get much of anything from vics. Believe it or not I prefer Darvocets over Vicodins! But only when I mix with alcohol. For me that is the key! I can take 2 Darvo's and drink 2 beers and an hour and a half later repeat... and another repeat in 1 1/2 hr. and DAMN! I am high as a kite! And I can repeat this over and over and over every day as I have been doing for a long, long time! So an evening(starting at around 4pm) of 6 Darvos and 4 to 6 beers will keep me happy for the whole night til I go to bed around 12. BUT, one without the other just doesn't do it, not the same. So my question for you, Blu, is do you drink? If not maybe you should consider??? Atleast try it. You might like it!!! :)

bluide*devil
11-12-2007, 01:14 AM
sorry bluide, but I still don't think a break will help. As was said, even a long break (read years) can take days to resume same dosage and effects. I don't think we are diff from the others, as I know I still take my meds daily, even knowing at best I will just feel better, but have little or no fun at all. It is the addiction, or fear of withdrawal that drives us one and all.

I know Oxy tolerance can build faster than almost anything else. But again, even nick (i think - still trying to remember all the names) claimed that pure heroin maintenance was only fun for 5 minutes, 3 times a day - so I still believe that if you have a constant supply, the fun is completely gone. Your body has to have nothing to almost nothing in it to enjoy a dose, at least mine does.

I have considered inj for this very reason, but as was said above, even that looses its appeal after some time. Honestly, the only thing that I think has a chance is lowering tolerance with proglumide or naltrexone (sp?). I have read real reports of this working. Hell, I even found a pharmacist and doctor willing to try it on me - just cant seem to order proglumide in the states any more - naltrexone I have, just afraid to take enough to make a difference - but I believe it CAN work well.

Anyway, I wish you luck, and hope we both find the fun / pain relief that we miss so much.

sphiral

that is NOT the answer i want to hear. :rolleyes:

some other experienced folks here think that a break will work, so i am going to try it. maybe it will work, maybe it won't... but i've GOT to TRY, godammit! :D

i understand that daily use would quickly put me back to my previous tolerance in no time. if the euphoria *does* return, maybe i won't ruin it for myself this time. i just know that i had at least 2 years of blissful non-caring, and i need to non-care blissfully again, even if it's a once a month treat.

i have also read about proglumide and naltrexone stopping/slowing down/reversing tolerance. i've read the same about DXM as well. unfortunately, i have no idea where one would find proglumide, or nlatrexone for that matter. DXM is readily available. maybe i'll read up on that.

as i mentioned above, i have Suboxone, so i do not fear withdrawals at all. i can't remember the last time i had to suffer through it, thank god.

if i were you, i would taper down on the meds, get some Suboxone, taper down with that, and then try the naltrexone. i am curious to know if it really works.

bluide*devil
11-12-2007, 01:18 AM
So my question for you, Blu, is do you drink? If not maybe you should consider??? Atleast try it. You might like it!!! :)

no, i don't drink. i hate the 'being drunk' feeling, acting like an asshole (no offense ;) ), and then the hangover.

but yes, i have tried it before, and i really just prefer opies/weed. when i started taking opies, i completely quit drinking because i had found 'my thing'. :rolleyes:

sphiral
11-12-2007, 01:24 AM
Hey tonyk, your right alcohol does potentiate, but the tylenol in the darvs also makes your liver work over time. I used to take barbs + tylenol (premixed, forget the name of 'em) before going out to drink to prevent the headache I would inevitably get. Didn't realize that if you mix alcohol with even one tylenol is bad. Not saying I didn't do it, nor that you or bluide should'nt, just that I have had doctors tell me that that is a fast lane to killing the old liver.

I have tried countless potentiators (so far, phenergan works best for me)...including alcohol, but it has been a loooong time since I have consumed enough alcohol to truly do any good, def worth a shot. Although, I would prob be just as happy with a few benzos rather than liquor, safer and just as effective, although I am sure not as fun.

So bluide, I'm with tonyk, you ever drink trying to make the old meds work better?

Coldshakekid
11-12-2007, 08:49 AM
3 days is the "shortest opinionated"amount of time you will need to stay clean in order to "Get High"
You will get high only the 1st time/day.
If you continue to use the 2nd and 3rd day,you will only get tired and minimally euphoriated.
This is the case for most long term addicts.
The fun ends fast.
And it becomes a chase of "staying straight"meaning not getting sick.

Even if your straight a year.Then start using regularly.Youll be lucky if the euphoria lasts a week.
Once your in your in.Eventually youll find stronger stuff that will keep you in the state you enjoy untill your body builds a wicked immune system to that,then its the next stronger thing.

Eventually you end up shooting H , 10yrs of hell flys bye.
One day you will come out of the shower ,all the cover up"makeup" on your tracks all wash off and you see the hideous scars all at once and wonder how the hell did you let it come to this? Youll shrug your shoulders,hook up your set and act as if its all ok.AND you know its not.

The trick/key is....You cant stay high all the time.
Everyday use is n/g

Unfortunatly..most of us are obsessive

No one wants to feel that "next day"sluggish, crash,drag your ass around feeling.So we let 1 day turn into 2 then 3.......

Am I rambling?Anyway..

Even after 1 yr,Your tolerance will shoot back to its highest point in your life in less than 1 month of regular use .Most cases much much faster. Dabblers dont apply for the most part.

The subs is something Im not familiar with.
Is it like bupremorphine?or buprenex?

Jonnyonthespot
11-12-2007, 09:00 AM
3 days is the "shortest opinionated"amount of time you will need to stay clean in order to "Get High"
You will get high only the 1st time/day.
If you continue to use the 2nd and 3rd day,you will only get tired and minimally euphoriated.
This is the case for most long term addicts.
The fun ends fast.
And it becomes a chase of "staying straight"meaning not getting sick.

Even if your straight a year.Then start using regularly.Youll be lucky if the euphoria lasts a week.
Once your in your in.Eventually youll find stronger stuff that will keep you in the state you enjoy untill your body builds a wicked immune system to that,then its the next stronger thing.

Eventually you end up shooting H , 10yrs of hell flys bye.
One day you will come out of the shower ,all the cover up"makeup" on your tracks all wash off and you see the hideous scars all at once and wonder how the hell did you let it come to this? Youll shrug your shoulders,hook up your set and act as if its all ok.AND you know its not.

Everyday use is n/g

Unfortunatly..most of us are obsessive

No one wants to feel that "next day"sluggish, crash,drag your ass around feeling.So we let 1 day turn into 2 then 3.......

Am I rambling?Anyway..

Even after 1 yr,Your tolerance will shoot back to its highest point in your life in less than 1 month of regular use .Most cases much much faster. Dabblers dont apply for the most part.

Well put, I'm in the same situation, 4 yrs, started off with vics, the perc's, now the oxy just makes me tired. What's werid is if I switch back to a bunch of weaker (7.5's) Vics I get that nice feeling again. Right now I happen to have 10mg Percs and they were amazing when I first got them last month, but now I'm up to 7 a day and don't feel a think other than avoiding W/D. Wish I could get subs to help...

bluide*devil
11-13-2007, 01:55 AM
Everyday use is n/g

don't i know it. i just need to know that i can have that back once in a while. right now i'm afraid that it will NEVER come back.

yes. 'Subs' is brand-name Suboxone (or Subutex or Buprenex) which is bupreNorphine. i've never had Buprenex or Subutex, but i know that Suboxone is buprenorphine mixed at a 4:1 ratio with naloxone (to discourage shooting it). Suboxone is also flavored (lemon/lime - but colored orange). Subutex doesn't contain the naloxone or the lemon/lime flavor, it's just straight Bupe. it is a frikkin LIFE-SAVER, let me tell you. you should get some and stock up. you can read all about it in the Buprenorphine forum.

Well put, I'm in the same situation, 4 yrs, started off with vics, the perc's, now the oxy just makes me tired. What's werid is if I switch back to a bunch of weaker (7.5's) Vics I get that nice feeling again. Right now I happen to have 10mg Percs and they were amazing when I first got them last month, but now I'm up to 7 a day and don't feel a think other than avoiding W/D. Wish I could get subs to help...

haha, i actually TURNED DOWN Percs the other day! they weren't going to do anything for me, so...

if your gonna w/d from Percs, just get some pods/seeds to hold you over until you re-up on the Percs. (unless you want to quit for good, then i wouldn't do the pod/seed thing). but PT and PST last a pretty long time, so it should minimize w/d (as long as you don't keep drinking it)! ;)

bluide*devil
11-14-2007, 08:54 AM
ok, today is my first day without opies of any kind... i was on bupe for the last 3 days (8mg 1st day, 4mg second day, 1mg 3rd day) and have not had any today. no benzos either. i took the 1mg yesterday at 2pm, so by the time i was ready for bed, i couldn't sleep. i've been up for over 36 hours straight at this point (i know people go thru worse than me... ) and i have just slight chills. my brain is saying 'just take 1mg of bupe' but i know that will just extend things.

my last Oxy dose was Sat night, so not *this* coming Saturday but the Sat after will be 2 weeks clean (minus 3 days on bupe). of course my mind is already telling me that i should just go get some Oxy right now and try it and it will work! but i know better... :rolleyes:

it is very strange to not be high on something. and to think that 3 years ago, i lived an opie-free life and opiates never even entered my mind (double entendre).

wish me luck. i will try not to disappoint this time. ;)

the next best thing to *having* opiates is reading about opiates. :o

tonyk
11-15-2007, 12:25 AM
Bluide*devil, Well, I wish you all the will power in the world! Know you will need it. Don't fucking give in! You are the one in control! YOU control your mind and not the other way around!
Be strong and maintain, man. You CAN do it, just keep yourself thinking that way. You will be so proud of yourself for winning in this situation! It IS worth it. I know. Don't know what else to tell ya, man. Tonyk

mkultra
11-15-2007, 05:29 AM
To get my tolerance back down, I switch between oxy, morphine and hydro for 3-4 days each.

I find by the time i come around back to the next thing, its working better again, ymmv.

hi,

evanjr2000
11-16-2007, 04:45 PM
hi,

I have read about a drug called proglumide that supposedly can halt and even reduce tolerance...I'm having the same problem and am going to ask for a script for this to go along with my oxy's next monday, I'll let you know how it goes

sphiral
11-17-2007, 12:22 AM
hey evanjr2000: I have read similar reports about proglumide (and naltrexone in minute dosages). The problem is that proglumide is not currently available in the US. I even found a pharmacist willing to order it and a doctor to write script), but the pharmacist was not able to find anywhere in the US to order, nor anywhere outside willing to ship. If you do find a source, please let us know as there are many, many of us with similar tolerance problems.

bluide*devil
01-25-2008, 03:55 AM
I CAN GET HIGH AGAIN!!! YEAAAAAAAAH!!! :D

i had to take a semi-forced 3-week break (all my connects dried up) and i was on Suboxone for most of the 3-week period. probably averaging 4mg a day, sometimes 6mg. i had really given up on trying to find any Oxy because 1. i wouldn't get high anyway, 2. there was nothing around, and 3. i must have built up a pretty good level of bupe after 3 weeks of daily ingestion, so it would probably block anything i took.

so i get a call one day and someone has something (80s). i took 1/2 of one and i was FLYING!! thank god! i thought it was gone forever.

so i had 13 80's and i said 'hey, you've been off of these for 3 weeks. now that you have it under control, make these 13 last a good long time. only take them on the weekends. nah, every 4 days. that way you can really enjoy it...'

they were gone in 6 days on the non-stop Oxy train. :rolleyes:

allover
01-25-2008, 10:57 AM
hi,

has anyone been at this point before?

Yes. This is when I moved on to heroin.

(inaudible screams)
01-25-2008, 11:09 AM
I just took my first 4mg ever of subutex. I am taking a semi forced break from the OC. I buy them 100 at a time and go through them in less than a week, so I definitely need to stop for a while.

I took 4mg in the way home from the pharm...my prescription says 1/2 to 1 tablet every 6 to 8 hours. I dunno if thats normal or because the doc though I had a serious habit.

GoddessofRATs
01-25-2008, 12:49 PM
The only time this ever happen to me was with Vics. I can barely feel them now. But, thankfully i can still feel oxy but that's because i only do oxy like 7 days a month, the 7 days after my refill than it's back to pods and Trams usually. So my oxy tolerance drops. But, it sure feels good when i start taking it again, like today, I'll have my roxi's in a few hours wooo hoo.

Well, i guess taking a brake is the only thing you can do, use the subs. There really isn't any way to reset your brain but you can take a break.

Good luck to you, i know it sucks.

GOR

rude
01-26-2008, 10:31 PM
This just happened to me. I was cool with my 60mg of hydrocodone a day until the dilaudid fairy came and I did 40 8's over a 10 day period. Then the hydros stopped working :/ Now im afraid that if i try to cold turkey off that im going to get sick. Im already getting that runny nose every morning before I take some pills.

pharmboy
01-27-2008, 01:58 AM
Could someone be doseing you up with Naltrexone

without you knowing it ? Maybe the parents or a

nonapproving boyfriend ? .:confused-

bluide*devil
01-29-2008, 05:52 AM

tried that (snorting). didn't work. and to be honest, i'm glad it didn't work.

I took 4mg in the way home from the pharm...my prescription says 1/2 to 1 tablet every 6 to 8 hours. I dunno if thats normal or because the doc though I had a serious habit.

that sounds normal for someone with a large habit. the Suboxone effects max out at 24-32mg per day, so 1 tablet every6 to 8 hours would be 24-32mgs. i would suggest to you that you take the very least amount that you can to feel comfortable. you will learn that will Suboxone 'less is more'. ;)

This just happened to me. I was cool with my 60mg of hydrocodone a day until the dilaudid fairy came and I did 40 8's over a 10 day period. Then the hydros stopped working :/ Now im afraid that if i try to cold turkey off that im going to get sick. Im already getting that runny nose every morning before I take some pills.

Hydrocodone is a pretty weak opioid, especially compared to Dilaudid/Hydromorphone (which is 10x stronger than Oxycodone). if you were taking 60mg of Hydrocodone for any length of time, you would certainly get sick from stopping abruptly - with or without your 10-day bender on the Dilaudid. since the Dilaudid is so much stronger than the Hydrocodone (and you were taking it daily for more than a week), it does not surprise me at all that the Hydrocodone is no longer working for you. however, Hydrocodone should be enough to keep you out of w/d's from the Dilaudid, and then you'll just have to taper down on the Hydrocodone. after that, give your brain a week or two to recover (no opiates). you may find that Hydrocodone will work its magic again. but for most of us here, Hydrocodone is almost useless for recreation, but might work for helping w/d's from a stronger opiate. if you can get your hands on some Suboxone, it would be worth your while, especially when w/d starts to rear its ugly head.

Could someone be doseing you up with Naltrexone

without you knowing it ? Maybe the parents or a

nonapproving boyfriend ? .:confused-

nope, not possible. parents live in another state and i'm a guy, so i don't have to worry about the non-approving boyfriend. but my non-approving girlfriend wouldn't know naltrexone from baking soda. ;)

rude
02-02-2008, 03:24 AM
A friend had some suboxone but i was afraid to take it because i had read here it would shoot you straight into withdrawals if you were on opiates when you took it. Will it actually take you out of withdrawals since its not a real opiate???? Or will it just prolong the inevitible like everything else.

And your advice to take a week or 2 off is easier said than done. Its been a long time since that has happened.

I went to Vegas a few weeks ago and I was scared shitless because i didnt know anyone there. I ate a done right before i got on the plane and I was too scared to try to bring anything on the plane because of security. The 1 in 1000 chance of getting strip searched was not worth the risk in my business. After about 36 hours from eating that done i had one of the worst sleep nights of my life. I got up feeling like shit and did 2 shots of whiskey. Luckily a friend knew someone out there and they got me some black tar. I had no rig or anything so I ate little pieces of it for the next 4 days and I made it back alive :)

Hmm did I even have a point to this post? Well if nothing else I feel damn good right now :)

RobOC
02-02-2008, 05:56 AM

Amen to that bro.
I have a horrible story about when the oxy stopped working. I was scripted fent patches for two months and like a junkie I smoked them all while only wearing a few like i was supposed to. I ended up complaining about a few issues I was having with the patch and before I could say anything my doc mentioned Oxycontin. I had been after a OC scrip for a couple years and until this point had no luck. Anyway, he wrote for 80mh three times a day. I was so excited when I was leaving that office! I went to the nearest pharmacy, filled the script, and proceeded directly home with the biggest shit eating grim anyone has ever seen plastered across my grill. When I got home I only had a few minutes before my girlfriend got home so I crushed up what must of been about 10 in a glass baking pan and started snorting. I snorted almost all that I had set out and ended up puking because of the amount of powder I had sucked up my schnoz and did not get high. I got I think three more scrips before I went to detox and my doc ended up being the lead addiction med. specialist of the detox I checked into. Anyways, from the time I got that script until I checked myself into detox I did not get high off any of my oxy. I tried, but again, the closest I could get was waiting until I was sick and then getting well. I haven't done an oxy since then. I guess that's because ever since then there has always been H around which I find to be much more economical.