PDA

View Full Version : saline vs water

detropiate
10-27-2007, 08:17 PM
Does anyone know if there are any direct benefits to shooting up with sterile saline solution as opposed to, say, bottled water? I've been using sterile saline solution since I began shooting up (contact solution containing ONLY saline solution). My line of reasoning was since pharmaceutical injectables are prepared with saline why not recreational injectables? However a lot of people I associate with use water (tap or bottled, one kid even used detroit puddle water :confused:).

pharmboy
10-27-2007, 09:03 PM
I think your fine. Beats the hell out of puddle water.

ANd of course the operative word there is STERILE.

KEEP IT STERILE. A little salt wont hurt and might

help? Dont know about that one. But keep it STERILE !

Now if only the dope you were shootin were sterile.

havok
10-28-2007, 12:59 AM
Ya, I would be alot more concerned about how sterile the drugs you're shooting are, not the water. I think bottled water is more than good enough.

CSiiSEQ
10-28-2007, 03:07 AM
It depends on the volume of the solutions you are injecting. If it is small volumes, it isn't likely to make a huge difference. If it is larger volumes or smaller, but more frequent injections it can make a difference. Plain water is not the same ionic strength or osmolarity as your body. Injecting straight water causes red blood cells to break open because of this.

Dr. Oxy
10-28-2007, 07:29 AM
Read the ingredients of the contact solution, they're not only salt and water. They contain certain chemicals to kill bacteria, and other things that normally settle on contact lenses. Thats the purpose of the solution, to kill bacteria, fungus, and keep your contacts moist.

pharmboy
10-28-2007, 08:02 AM
I think your best bet would be to get a bottle

of pure USP water for injection ( might need a

perscripion though ) second best 0.9% USP sodium

chloride solution for irrigation. Shouldnt need

a script for that one.

IceCold
10-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Read the ingredients of the contact solution, they're not only salt and water. They contain certain chemicals to kill bacteria, and other things that normally settle on contact lenses. Thats the purpose of the solution, to kill bacteria, fungus, and keep your contacts moist.

He said CONTAINS ONLY SALINE SOLUTION smartass.

but you are right most contact solution does contain things like that.

nick
10-28-2007, 03:44 PM
We don't use saline here,we use amps of distilled water.

turdkenedy
10-28-2007, 05:01 PM
It depends on the volume of the solutions you are injecting. If it is small volumes, it isn't likely to make a huge difference. If it is larger volumes or smaller, but more frequent injections it can make a difference. Plain water is not the same ionic strength or osmolarity as your body. Injecting straight water causes red blood cells to break open because of this.

dis ***** knows his osmo-regulatory shit

id say normal water is fine. the thing about saline solutions is how do you know that it has the same salt molarity as your blood?

Lil_Miss_Brownstone
10-28-2007, 05:24 PM
hey there fellow detroiter...

most everyone i know uses bottled water, the sport-bottle kind where you can use the little clear cap to mix your shot up. but i use tap water sometimes at home, and i have used melted snow, rain that fell on my car, and i have seen someone use flat mountain dew before. I use the sterile water from the needle exchange in other cities, but if there is an exchange in the D no one i know uses it cuz rigs are so easy to buy here.

Brony
10-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Ya, I would be alot more concerned about how sterile the drugs you're shooting are, not the water. I think bottled water is more than good enough.

If you have the opportunity to use STERILE saline, why not? Just makes sense.

He didn't say CONTACT LENS saline, Dr. Oxy. He said sterile saline.

jonny-5
10-28-2007, 06:19 PM
my shit boils before i draw it up so its sterile in the sense that there are no germs or viruses unless there are any that can live above 212 degrees F. my understanding is there arent.

phrozen
10-28-2007, 06:55 PM

Spot on.

If you insist on shootin' saline, make sure it's the right ratio, which was noted above. As for where to get it? Use a product called "Simply saline"(or somethint to that effect). It comes in a spray bottle, it's sterile, contains no additives or preservatives, and is the proper ratio. If you're in the US, you should be able to find it at any of the major pharmacy chains such as CVS and Rite-Aid.