PDA

View Full Version : IV'n AMBI'S AND LUNESTA'S

Zoops
12-22-2005, 07:31 PM
Just to let yall know what I be up to the lass cuppel daes, I be shootin up 9mg of lunesta (3 X 3mg tablets) and 20mg ambien (2X 10mg tablets).

These two drugs break down really good. Grind into a powder, put into a large cooker. I use a stainless steel 2 tsp size measuring spoon. You need a 3ml size hypo, though. Don't try this with a little tiny insulin syringe. Put 2 and 1/2 ml of water over the powder, stir with the rubber plunger from inside the syringe. Heat over gas stove until the point of almost boiling is reached. Stir a little more with the rubber plunger from inside the hypo. Then, loosly roll up a small ball of cotton, from the tip of a 'Q-tip'.

These large syringes have a GREAT feature - you can twist off the needle on the end. With the needle off, you can draw the solution out of the cooker through the cotton really well. If not, you can just do it over again.

When the hype's full, put the needle back on and find a vein. Bang. Nice heavy barbiturate-quaalude like hit.

Dee
12-23-2005, 06:25 AM
Hi Zoop:
What is that syringe called?
I've been trying to IV oxy, but can't draw it up in a U-100 insulin syringe.
(Need a buzz!) Thanks:rolleyes: -Dee
PS: In my county I can buy U-i00's w/o a prescription. Can I assume that would be true of this larger one?

Zoops
12-23-2005, 10:05 AM
Hey, Dee:

That syringe is a "BD" brand 3 milliliter sized or 3 cc sized syringe. Just tell the pharmacist that you have to give your cat (or dog) vitamin injections for a few days, once a day. The stuff has to be injected subcutaneously (under the skin), the vitamins, I mean, for your cat or dog (that's what you tell the druggist). Ask for either "3 ml" or "3 milliliter" or "3 cc" syringe (they are all the same). Make sure you look at what gauge needle is on the thing, and if any at all. Some of the syringes don't have a needle on them and you have to buy the needle separately. It just screws onto the tip of the syringe, and comes off too. It's awesome for cooking up pills, b/c you don't have to put the needle onto the hype until you're ready to shoot. And it's bigger (3 times bigger) than a 1cc insulin syringe.

As for the needle gauge you want, get at least 21 gauge, or higher. Anything below 21 gauge is gonna be really fucking wide. Hurts to use fat-ass needles, and they leave big tracks too. Also, you bleed like hell when you pull it out of the vein.

so, get at least 21 gauge or higher needle size and ask for 3cc syringe, BD brand, it's for vitamin injections for you poor cancer stricken cat.

Good luck, glad I can spread the knowledge.

Oh, and if you don't need a 'scrip for insulin syringes, you shouldn't need one for these either. Some pharmacists are dicks about selling syringes like those 3cc ones I am telling you about, they might say they want you to show them the vitamin injection stuff you have to give your pet. I have never had this problem, and you most likely won't either if you don't have trouble buying the insulin needles.

Dee
12-24-2005, 08:08 AM
Hey Zoop:
My dog & I thank you!
I'll go needle shopping today- Merry Christmas!
It would be nice if I could just get the damn OC's to dissolve in water.
I've tried citric acid, heating the spoon (should it be a full boil?), and shaking vigorously.
Any ideas?
Thanks- Dee

SomniGod
12-24-2005, 09:15 AM
Hey Zoop:
My dog & I thank you!
I'll go needle shopping today- Merry Christmas!
It would be nice if I could just get the damn OC's to dissolve in water.
I've tried citric acid, heating the spoon (should it be a full boil?), and shaking vigorously.
Any ideas?
Thanks- Dee

there are many threads relating to this exact subject... search here and porg.

~S~

skeletontea
12-25-2005, 02:19 AM
Just to let yall know what I be up to the lass cuppel daes, I be shootin up 9mg of lunesta (3 X 3mg tablets) and 20mg ambien (2X 10mg tablets).

Wow, never heard of someone iv'ing those. Need to get to sleep, but don't want to wait? Lunesta's decent for me as a sleep aid only. 20mg of ambien however fucks me up almost exactly like datura. The main difference is that my speech isn't quite as impeded.

Zoops
12-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Skeleton - I agree, Ambien's are better. Have you seen that commercial on TV for Lunesta? It comes on with a title that says "A Bedtiime Story." Some 30-ish sorta attractive chick is there in bed, dressed in her jammies, and she cant sleep, and then the friendly little blue and green butterfly comes through her bedroom window and makes her go to sleep. Wouldn't it funny iif the commercial showed her cooking up 3 tablets of lunesta and bangin 'em, then passing out with blood running down her arm?

Hah! I am mentally ill, I think.

Anyway, yeah, 20mg of ambien IV is a REAL TRIP. No lie, main.

skeletontea
12-25-2005, 01:09 PM
You're not mentally ill, I've thought much stranger things.

Did you see the first Lunesta ads? They were teasers for the product. It would show that monstrous butterfly flapping its wings above a somnulent town. I thought it was going to be a new Godzilla vs. Mothra movie, untill the announcer stated that "A new sleep aid is coming." And they never said what that new sleep aid was in the first commercial or two. For a week or so they were trying to build suspense for the public as to what this new "miracle pill" might be (at this point you had to assume it was a pill, and not a giant green ethereal butterfly you had to swallow, though I would be intrigued by the surealism of such a treatment.)

It's sort of a pet peeve of mine that pharmacutical companies are able to run ads which say "Are you ever unhappy? Then you have a disease that only we can help you with. Ask, nay, demand that your doctor give you a prescription for our pills!" (they never quite say it like this, but this is the message that they are trying to (and do) get accross.) It should be a doctor recommending pharmacological treament, not you, with some help from your television. And say what you want about the ads for depression, SAD, and anxiety, at least they told you what they were (in a sense.) Lunesta actually tried to boost prescriptions by word of mouth and create suspense about a product which wasn't even identified in the first week of airing its commercials.

When I was a little kid, D.A.R.E. representatives told me that drug dealers were sometimes called pushers, because they try repeatedly to push their product on you, I never found that to be the case. I always wondered where these "pushers" were. Finally we actually see the people we were warned about, and on the TV no less. It turns out they're advertising firms, pharmaceutical companies, and even the trusted family physician.

absurdchess
12-25-2005, 02:24 PM

These two drugs break down really good. Grind into a powder, put into a large cooker. I use a stainless steel 2 tsp size measuring spoon. You need a 3ml size hypo, though. Don't try this with a little tiny insulin syringe. Put 2 and 1/2 ml of water over the powder, stir with the rubber plunger from inside the syringe. Heat over gas stove until the point of almost boiling is reached. Stir a little more with the rubber plunger from inside the hypo. Then, loosly roll up a small ball of cotton, from the tip of a 'Q-tip'.

These large syringes have a GREAT feature - you can twist off the needle on the end. With the needle off, you can draw the solution out of the cooker through the cotton really well. If not, you can just do it over again.

When the hype's full, put the needle back on and find a vein. Bang. Nice heavy barbiturate-quaalude like hit.

absurdchess
12-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Ambien makes me do things I cannot remember. I eat, walk, play chess, fall down, all with vague memory...but I still win the chess games...go figure...just don't drive after taking any of these drugs...please stay home, or have a designated, sober driver...you might have an accident...THANKS in advance for your due caution.

absurdchess
12-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Ambien should be in a class all of it's own. It makes me dream, but not get a good nights sleep. Be careful what you say;choose your company wisely.

Zoops
12-26-2005, 07:01 AM
Skeleton - you write very well. Ever done it for a living? Hmm. It DID look like a new Godzilla vs. Mothra movie coming out. And also, you're right about those drug companies and their TV commercials being the real pushers. You know what, the suggestion that most of those commercials give, to "ask your doctor about ___" really works. I went to a doc a few weeks ago and said, "how about that new sleeping pill called sonata" and he immediately wrote up a script for 90 of them, and gave me a handful of samples! Sleeping pills are the easiest controlled substances to get by far.

Mr. Absurd: you are totally right to say "be careful out there" It's funny that drugs like ambien and all those benzo's that totally cause the blackest of blackouts are only C-IV while the narcotics are in C-III and C-II, higher schedules. I have NEVER had a blackout from any kind of opiate drug.

Ambien, it seems, is the new quaalude.

skeletontea
12-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Skeleton - you write very well. Ever done it for a living?

No, I've never written professionally, though I did take a writing class in college several years ago. I'm majoring in graphic design, and took Writing 115 as an elective.

While I've constantly struggled to compete on the level of my peers in graphic design (spending up to twice as much time as they have working on a project) the writing class was a breeze. Words seemed to flow directly from my fingers with nary a thought. I'd spend perhaps one or two hours a week doing assignments for my writing class, and I actually did quite well, receiving one of the two A+'s I've earned in all my time at college (a grade I've never gotten for a design course). On the last day my writing class met, the instructor pulled me aside and told me to wait until the other students had left. Once the others were gone she told me that I was a "really great writer," and to "keep it up." While her accolades were quite uplifting for me, there was also a part of me that was absolutely crestfallen, as I'd spent so much time on Graphic Design, and could not switch majors at that point.

I just finished the last class needed for my degree, which was not a design class. At this point I haven't done any sort of graphic design in several months, and I can feel my skills slipping away. I'm very much at a loss as of what to do at this point. I don't want to turn my back on graphic design, but I know that I am not the accomplished designer that I once was, so I really don't know what to do.

Though people tend to thoroughly enjoy my journalistic style of writing, my personal writing has been compared to that of William S. Burroughs, H.P. Lovecraft, and Hunter S. Thompson, but with a more comprehensive grasp of the English language. (When these comparisons were made of me, I'd never read Thompson's writing, but it certainly drew my curiosity, and he is now one of my favorite writers. Burroughs had been an influence on me since early high school, and last year I began reading Lovecraft.) Unfortunately, I've not had time for writing, or photography (both fields in which I was at the very top of my class according to my instructors), because I have been so busy with graphic design (a field in which I was competent, but I feel that is no longer the case). Graphic Design has, in a way, ruined my life.

absurdchess
12-26-2005, 02:05 PM
Ambien is like truth serum. I have said things, fixed things and gotten lost in my own bedroom...I prefer a shot of burbon and a walk around the block.

absurdchess
12-26-2005, 02:07 PM
you do write well...please don't burn out

absurdchess
12-26-2005, 02:09 PM
Ha, ha you're going to say too much on Ambien. Please be careful how you use the stuff and who you talk to...especially someone in authority, you girfriend or wife...Ambien is the new truth serum...

Zoops
12-26-2005, 03:37 PM
Absurdchess, you can put all your comments in one post, you know. I just though that I'd mention that. Don't take it the wrong way, it's just a trivial matter of forum ettiquite.

But ANYWAY, you're quite right about ambien. Recently , about 6 weeks ago, I fixed a door and then the next day I saw the repair and didn't remember doing it, but I figured I was the only one who could've done it.

Skeleton, don't despair, there's got to be some types of career that combine writing and also design elements. Maybe you could work as a advertising copy writer, also giving creative input in the graphic elements of advertising. Big $$$ there. Could buy a lotta ___ and ___ and ___. There's other stuff too, I'm sure, that you'd be qualified to do.

poppy
12-26-2005, 06:01 PM
"It's sort of a pet peeve of mine that pharmacutical companies are able to run ads" Skeleton, Don't wish to appear thick but am I understanding you right, ie. that in the US these drug companies are able to advertise 'prescription only' drugs, and that you then toddle off to the doc's and request whatever new 'miracle drug' you've seen advertised , cos here in the UK only over the counter drugs are advertised (although more and more drugs that used to be prescription only are now available over the counter) Laters Poppyx

skeletontea
12-26-2005, 08:42 PM
"It's sort of a pet peeve of mine that pharmacutical companies are able to run ads" Skeleton, Don't wish to appear thick but am I understanding you right, ie. that in the US these drug companies are able to advertise 'prescription only' drugs, and that you then toddle off to the doc's and request whatever new 'miracle drug' you've seen advertised , cos here in the UK only over the counter drugs are advertised (although more and more drugs that used to be prescription only are now available over the counter) Laters Poppyx
You're not being "thick" at all. Last I knew, America is one of two countries in the world who are allowed to advertise prescription drugs on television, the other being New Zealand (though there was a great deal of public outcry in NZ about the whole issue, and there was an attempt to ban the direct to consumer advertising of scripts. I'm not aware of the outcome, so North America may be the only country which still retains this practice.)

As to requesting whatever drug you wish, many doctors still adhere to the Hippocratic Oath, however it is not entirely uncommon for some doctors to get little "bonuses" from Pharmaceutical Corps. for prescribing (and over-prescribing) their brands.

Zoops
12-27-2005, 04:07 AM
Oh, man, yeah. It's actually good news for "people like us," because it makes it easier to get docs to write for the advertised drugs. At least that's been my experience for obtaining sedative/hypnotic drugs.

The holy trinity of non-benzo-benzo's, zolpidem, zaleplon and zopiclone, are all advertised pretty regularly on American TV, so when you go to a doc's office and complain of insomnia, the first thing that comes to mind for the MD is one of these drugs, under the brand name ambien, sonata or lunesta, respectively. Especially if you say, "a few years ago, I had some insomnia and was prescribed ___ (fill in the blank with one of the three previously mentioned) and it worked beautifully." The doctor will write a scrip' for you. The last time i did this, I got a 90 sonatas, with a refill and three boxes of samples of sonata. The drug reps do their part brainwashing the doctors into prescribing drugs too, giving them lots of samples and telling them, "our drug is the best."

katomic
12-31-2005, 02:56 AM
hay zoop im thinking of trying the same kind of thing but with xanax and ambiein (sp?) what you recon?

iv never shot I.V tho or anything thats not from an amp, will the needle exchange needles do? and what about the fillers in the tabs do they get caught in the filter?
thanks

Zoops
12-31-2005, 07:02 PM
Xanax is not going to work. The drug is not water soluble enough to dissolve. Ambien works quite well, though. The drug is in a salt form (zolpidem tartrate), so it's water soluble. Cook it a little bit, though.

I didn't know that you could get ambien outside the U.S. you're outside the U.S., right?

As far as needle exchange needles, I wouldn't try breaking down ambiens with anything smaller than a 2ml (or 2 cc) -sized needle. You need a little bit more water than with H.

The ambien tablets I get are coated with a white film, which doesn't dissolve in water, so I just crush the tablets, put the powder in the cooker and heat, then use a ball of cotton from a Q-tip to filter with one of those detacheable needle-3ml sized syringes. The needle gets put onto the syringe after filtering.

I don't think it'll work very well without the type of syring I'm talking about. Those little insulin syringes don't work for much besides H and C.

good luck happy new year

paperrabbit
01-01-2006, 03:20 PM
oops, double post

paperrabbit
01-01-2006, 03:21 PM
yes, you can get ambien outside of the U.S., it is off patent in many countries so it is available in generic form (therefore much cheaper). I haven't compared (though i imagine them to be similar) but may have to soon with my loss of health insurance and my continuing insomnia (and even WITH health insurance the price of the new sedative-hypnotics were ridiculous)

i never would have thought of banging them, though i am always a little sketched at banging most pills, but thanks for the info:)

Zoops
01-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Ahhh, bangged ten more ambi's last night. That bupe doctor is a friggin' dope pusher, man!

Blackout for about 4 hours.

katomic
01-05-2006, 05:25 AM
xanax came in the post for xmas :) same with clonazepam which i find shit, get nothing from 3mg i thort .5mg was like 10mg of diazapam? but not for me.
Im just comming up on 10mg of ambian oraly very empyty tummy was snorting it along with the clonazepam last night it felt a little k like but i think the clonazepam was not letting me see all the zoldapam same now

iv only got 10mg of xanax left anyone know a strong dose with out blacking out? 4-5mg?