PDA

View Full Version : IM Injections

EleusisII
10-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Suppose someone got a hold of some pharm grade morphine in ampules. What would be the easiest way to IM it for a newbie? Is there a guide anywhere?

jab
10-05-2007, 11:03 PM
There is not much to an IM shot. You want a "fleshy" part of the body, like the hip, and you go straight in and inject slow.

I know you said it's pharm grade, but be carefull.

But if your putting the needle in anyway, why not IV, that way you get the rush.

Either way, take it easy, and be safe.

Synack
10-06-2007, 10:19 PM
I'd say go for the ass, that's where I get them in the hospital... just a couple of inches in I think.. Candy or Roxi(or one of the other nurses, Ginger if shes around) would know more...

RxQueen
10-07-2007, 05:21 AM
i'm fairly sure that you'll need a needle that's at least an inch and a half long. any shorter a spike and you'll just be skin-popping it. if you've got a needle exchange nearby, ask them if they have points made for IM'ing. as for where to put it, go for a large muscle, like the top of your thigh (a couple inches above the knee), or your butt (pretend each cheek is split into quarters, and shoot it into the upper outer quarter, near your hip). inject slower than you would IV, so the muscle tissue has time to absorb the fluid. then just massage the muscle for a bit when you're done, to help stimulate the blood flow there and help absorption.

btw, i'm not a medical professional... but i think the info is accurate. maybe one of our nurses will be by soon to confirm or correct this.

good luck & enjoy safely!

pharmboy
10-07-2007, 08:54 AM
Hope this helps. Wipe with alcohol or betadine, and massage afterwards.

EleusisII
10-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks guys!

Went to the ER last night, and the ****ing nurse must have done something wrong. It hurt like high hell, and I couldn't sit down for a couple of hours afterwards...

Since I always get my shots in the ass, I've never seen them do it, so how far do I need to go in? Do I use a special needle, and where can you get it?

I assume this method is a lot safer than IV shots?

Duckfeet
10-07-2007, 01:04 PM
No, a lot of people think this, but it's more because the associate IV use with *JUNKIES* and they think IMing will slow that down, but once you're used to using a spike, it's inevitable that eventually one goes for the main line. It might be easier on the veins themselves, of course, but IMing actually is worse in the sense it is more conducive to infections. Just about every harm reduction booklet handed out states this, and particularly with stuff that is *not* designed for IV use: pills we've crushed up, and the nasty Mexican excuse for heroin: Tar, both are better of IVed, that they are IMed, again, for infection purposes.

And tho u certainly don't get the rush, u still can o.d. by IMing, and I think it's more dangerous in this area too, because, like methadone, it slows things down, and people have a tendency to do *more* when they dont feel it right away, and sometimes, when it does finally come on, it's too late.

The only people who occasionally IM, and I sympathize with them, are people like me, who's veins are just so shot, they have no choice at times. My girl had this problem, and would occasionally have to IM dilaudid pills she had crushed up, and of course, occasionally had infections...nasty shit....

and BTW, those who IM, thinking they are "putting off" or avoiding altogether, becoming addicted to Heroin and such, forget it...it's too late....

<snip>
I assume this method is a lot safer than IV shots?

noahzark
10-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Suppose someone got a hold of some pharm grade morphine in ampules. What would be the easiest way to IM it for a newbie? Is there a guide anywhere?

When I started out here I had those ampules. I IM and IV them all. I would never recommend IMing anything except this. You can get infection and always leads to problems.

See:

http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?p=72595&highlight=noahzark#post72595

go half way down the page

jonny-5
10-07-2007, 07:13 PM
No, a lot of people think this, but it's more because the associate IV use with *JUNKIES* and they think IMing will slow that down, but once you're used to using a spike, it's inevitable that eventually one goes for the main line. It might be easier on the veins themselves, of course, but IMing actually is worse in the sense it is more conducive to infections. Just about every harm reduction booklet handed out states this, and particularly with stuff that is *not* designed for IV use: pills we've crushed up, and the nasty Mexican excuse for heroin: Tar, both are better of IVed, that they are IMed, again, for infection purposes.

And tho u certainly don't get the rush, u still can o.d. by IMing, and I think it's more dangerous in this area too, because, like methadone, it slows things down, and people have a tendency to do *more* when they dont feel it right away, and sometimes, when it does finally come on, it's too late.

The only people who occasionally IM, and I sympathize with them, are people like me, who's veins are just so shot, they have no choice at times. My girl had this problem, and would occasionally have to IM dilaudid pills she had crushed up, and of course, occasionally had infections...nasty shit....

and BTW, those who IM, thinking they are "putting off" or avoiding altogether, becoming addicted to Heroin and such, forget it...it's too late....

i love your posts cause they often mean i dont have to type anything.