View Full Version : Heroin Slang Directory

Moonrock
09-28-2007, 06:32 AM
I think you folks will like this

http://parentingteens.about.com/cs/herpes/l/blsldicher.htm

Enjoy

southernbelle
09-28-2007, 06:55 AM
OMFG!!! Where do they *get* these? And some of them were wrong....

SHELLEY
09-28-2007, 01:06 PM
OMFG!!! Where do they *get* these? And some of them were wrong....

maybe wrong where you live
but yeah, some of them were wrong where i live at least

southernbelle
09-28-2007, 02:37 PM
No, I meant the ones like parachute. That's a roa, not a term for dope.

rachamim18
09-28-2007, 05:21 PM
I always like how they use NYC stamp names as slang for heroin itself. Imagine going to a stangr city and asking for "Turbo," etc. I also like articles always talking about heron being so pure that you can insufflate (snort) it. Never say any so impure you could not do it...

Z-man
09-28-2007, 05:45 PM
I always like how they use NYC stamp names as slang for heroin itself. Imagine going to a stangr city and asking for "Turbo," etc. I also like articles always talking about heron being so pure that you can insufflate (snort) it. Never say any so impure you could not do it...

Oh, I have. Back before the NYC scene really took off they used to sell something called "scramble" which was not a brand name but a description. The stuff was so heavily cut that when people would talk about really good pure H they would say something like, "It can take a 30", meaning it could be cut THIRTY FUCKING TIMES TO ONE!!! The usual procedure for scramble was to make it 60% quinine, 30% mannitol, and if you were extremely lucky most of the rest might be heroin. The shear volume needed to get high, not to mention all that quinine, made scramble almost impossible to snort. It could be done if you were absolutely desperate, but it hurt like hell, took forever, and really ruined your nostrils. Scramble all but disappeared in Southern CT in the mid 80's, replaced by much tinier but far more potent bags from NYC, bags with names like Checkmate, Obsession, and especially Blue Thunder. Once ubiquitous, scramble dope just couldn't compete against that kind of quality, and suddenly you never saw it being sold anymore. And thank god for that, it was truly awful stuff.

Synack
09-28-2007, 06:29 PM
kinda reminds me of that thread where they were calling it twinky winky or something fucked up like that...

my lung is making some weird gargling sounds...might be time for another xray...

Lil_Miss_Brownstone
09-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey, I use all those terms!

"hey paper boy, I need a Z of Pangonadalot. Don't give me no lemonade. I need that reindeer dust and that weasel dust to make a sandwich. I fired the ack ack gun a few times but it's getting to be evening."

Lil_Miss_Brownstone
09-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Oh, I have. Back before the NYC scene really took off they used to sell something called "scramble" which was not a brand name but a description. The stuff was so heavily cut that when people would talk about really good pure H they would say something like, "It can take a 30", meaning it could be cut THIRTY FUCKING TIMES TO ONE!!! The usual procedure for scramble was to make it 60% quinine, 30% mannitol, and if you were extremely lucky most of the rest might be heroin. The shear volume needed to get high, not to mention all that quinine, made scramble almost impossible to snort. It could be done if you were absolutely desperate, but it hurt like hell, took forever, and really ruined your nostrils. Scramble all but disappeared in Southern CT in the mid 80's, replaced by much tinier but far more potent bags from NYC, bags with names like Checkmate, Obsession, and especially Blue Thunder. Once ubiquitous, scramble dope just couldn't compete against that kind of quality, and suddenly you never saw it being sold anymore. And thank god for that, it was truly awful stuff.

I was just down in Baltimore last week and most of what you can get down there is scramble. It really is awful shit. I've heard they used to have it up here back in the day, they called it "mix jive".

OpiatedSoul
09-28-2007, 08:54 PM
I saw this on that sight,

Chicken shit habit: small heroin habit, usually not addicted

lol since when does that ever happen?

CSiiSEQ
09-28-2007, 09:21 PM
I was just down in Baltimore last week and most of what you can get down there is scramble. It really is awful shit. I've heard they used to have it up here back in the day, they called it "mix jive".

Then you were just on the wrong side of town and didn't find the right boys. You CAN find good scramble if you have someone who deals with it daily. I don't bother personally, the other side of town is raw and much easier to find better stuff.

rachamim18
09-29-2007, 07:46 AM
ZMan: "Scramble" was coined by Nicky Barnes. When he began selling "Quarter Bags" he used the term as a marketing tool to differentiate between Qurters which he called "Raw," and the nickels his other spots sold, "Scramble." It caught on fast.

The biggest whack I ever hear df was a 14, not a 30 (but of course anythign is possible, just uo to the one doing the adulterating). They would take one gram, put a 14 gram mix of lactose:quineine (80:20 almost always) and make it into 15 bundles cut. Even if heroin is less than 1 percent you can insufflate it. They used to "Slap it with Bonita." Bonita being a Spanish trade name for lactose that was sold in bdegas back then.

As the other poster said, in B-more they still draw a distinction between "Scramble" and "Raw"so the phrasing survived even if Barnes became a snitch and sank into relative obscurity.

Z-man
09-29-2007, 12:33 PM
ZMan: "Scramble" was coined by Nicky Barnes. When he began selling "Quarter Bags" he used the term as a marketing tool to differentiate between Qurters which he called "Raw," and the nickels his other spots sold, "Scramble." It caught on fast.

The biggest whack I ever hear df was a 14, not a 30 (but of course anythign is possible, just uo to the one doing the adulterating). They would take one gram, put a 14 gram mix of lactose:quineine (80:20 almost always) and make it into 15 bundles cut. Even if heroin is less than 1 percent you can insufflate it. They used to "Slap it with Bonita." Bonita being a Spanish trade name for lactose that was sold in bdegas back then.

As the other poster said, in B-more they still draw a distinction between "Scramble" and "Raw"so the phrasing survived even if Barnes became a snitch and sank into relative obscurity.

Interesting. Yeah, I'm familiar with the terms raw, scramble, and quarter bags, but I never knew they originated with Barnes. As for the exact make up of scramble, I think in my post I got the mannitol/quinine ratio reversed, the correct recipe was approximately 60% mannitol (and yes sometimes they used lactose instead) and 30% quinine. The "it can take a 30" quote was representative of a typical boast regarding purity, usually the actual cut would probably be closer to the 14 you mention, however I did once personally watch some folks cutting a batch and they put a 20 on it, so 30 is not out of the question. For that matter I remember hearing about stuff so good it could take a 40, but this was probably your typical street rumor bullshit. I think you may be wrong about "bonita", though, as far as I can recall from my coke dealing days bonita was always a spanish term for mannitol, which I think was sold under that name as a baby laxative.

rachamim18
09-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Nope. Bonita was a specific brand. I used to but it in bodegas. I do know, because one poster at least has mentioned it in the past, that some people did apply it to mannitol. Mannitol was really used for coke most of the time (along with "inositol") so it is probably that people just see an inert white powder (neither manitol nor inositol are really inert although in the psychoactive sense they certainly are), and right there the term fits.

I would love to find soem heroin that would take a 40. Hell, I would just love to find some heroin now. Morphine is a drag, especially when I have no choice but to take it orally. Anyway...

phrozen
09-30-2007, 04:53 PM
Hey Rach, I know you mentioned this before, probably on BL... But, who came up with the glassine bag/stamp packaging/marketing idea? I think you might have said it was either Lucas or Barnes, and I know both used brands, especially Lucas with "Blue Magic." Also, when did the glassine/stamp first pop up?

Thanks.

rachamim18
10-02-2007, 05:46 AM
Hey Phrozen... was Lucas who came up with brandmaes. Glassines apperared in the late 60s, 1st as nickles: Glassine filled up to second fold, inserted into 2nd empty glassine, both folded over and taped. Most heroin then was sold in 2 and 3 dollar US capsules, "deuces" and "tres."

Barnes came up with Quarter bags an innovation that only lasted for a couple of years.