PDA

View Full Version : Promethazine Vials

xecutrex
09-01-2007, 05:59 PM
I just got 4 vials of some promethazine 25mg/mL. Ive never IVed anything before and was wondering if it would be ok to just shoot it in my muscles somewhere? And if so how deep into the muscle should I go?

(Im not doing this right now, just want some info on it so I can use it for withdraws or potentiation)

Somanax
09-01-2007, 08:20 PM
That is phenergan

do not IV this it is

an anti nauseant

and rough on the

vien's without a

dilutuent do not

ask how I know

xecutrex
09-01-2007, 08:56 PM
That is phenergan

do not IV this it is

an anti nauseant

and rough on the

vien's without a

dilutuent do not

ask how I know

Yes I know Its phenergan. And it is in a vial because it is meant to be IVed. Came from a hospital and thats how they use it, to IV.

Anyways, does anyone know how deep to stick the needle in my muscle if I want to do an IM shot. Im thinking that it doesnt really matter how deep but I just want to be 100% positive before I do it.

Also since the vial is 25mg/mL how many mgs are there total in the vial? Is it safe to just shoot the whole vial?

Somanax
09-02-2007, 12:32 AM
glad you know

so IV it

xecutrex
09-02-2007, 12:44 AM
glad you know

so IV it

Anyways, does anyone know how deep to stick the needle in my muscle if I want to do an IM shot. Im thinking that it doesnt really matter how deep but I just want to be 100% positive before I do it.

Synack
09-02-2007, 04:05 AM
I'd say it really depends on where you're injecting at...which site? the ROA has been established :)

Somanax
09-02-2007, 05:29 AM
one and a half inch

miniimum but WHO

ASKED ME ??????????

IN THE THIGH?????????

flipside
09-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Yes I know Its phenergan. And it is in a vial because it is meant to be IVed. Came from a hospital and thats how they use it, to IV.

Also since the vial is 25mg/mL how many mgs are there total in the vial? Is it safe to just shoot the whole vial?

In the name of harm reduction..um how many mls in in the vial..TOTAL.? Not how many mgs/ml..how many ML's TOTAL.?

That's the ony way anyone can give you the conversion to dose.

FYI a "standard" dose of IV Phenergan is anywhere from 12-25mg's. so No do not inject the whole vial unless its only a 1ML TOTAL volume...which I doubt,,unless it's a single use ampule.

If your looking at this for a recreational use..forget it.

And Somonax is 100% correct..you need at least a 1 1/2 inch long needle (Even if you are thin)..so if you have insulin, tb needles.don't use them. You won't get into the muscle.

The thigh or upper arm are correct sites for IM injections , stay away from your butt, unless you know where to go, you could hit your sciatic nerve..not fun.

Hammilton
09-02-2007, 11:53 AM
ass injections are always super duper painful, ime. I would take anything over an ass shot.

And just because it's meant for use with a needle doesn't mean it's intended for IV use. Just by the way you described it, it didn't sound like there was a real indication it was for IV (but maybe there is and I just misunderstood).

Do you have allergies? I've never heard of anyone wanting to use promethazine on purpose???

I know there're a lot of blacks out there are confused about what the enjoyable ingredient in Promethazine W/ Codeine Cough Syrups used to make "Lean" is. Promethazine is not a recreational drug in any sense- it adds to the sedation of the Codeine, but it is *not* recreational on its own.

I've actually seen and heard people arguing about whether codeine ONLY cough syrups can be used to make true "Lean" or if only the cod+promethazine can be the real thing.

Promethazine is a decent potentiator, but I find the whole argument amusing, and a little sad.

xecutrex
09-05-2007, 08:38 PM
In the name of harm reduction..um how many mls in in the vial..TOTAL.? Not how many mgs/ml..how many ML's TOTAL.? FYI a "standard" dose of IV Phenergan is anywhere from 12-25mg's. so No do not inject the whole vial unless its only a 1ML TOTAL volume...which I doubt,,unless it's a single use ampule.

If your looking at this for a recreational use..forget it.

you need at least a 1 1/2 inch long needle (Even if you are thin)..so if you have insulin, tb needles.don't use them. You won't get into the muscle.

Well the ampul says in blue:

Promethazine HCI Injection, USP
25mg/mL
1 mL DOSETTE Ampul

So I guess its just a single dose ampul like you said and only has 1 mL total volume with 25mgs total. (It deffinatly looks like it has more than just 1 mL though, kind of weird).

And on the needle aspect im fine, I have some needles that are big enough. Is it absolutly necessary to have to stick the needle in 1 1/2 inches though? Cant I just stick it in my arm like a 1/2 inch and shoot it (skin popping I think its called)? Ive never injected anything before so it kind of freaks me out to have to stick the needle the 1 1/2 inches since its so deep.

As for the recreational use part:

(Im not doing this right now, just want some info on it so I can use it for withdraws or potentiation)

And just because it's meant for use with a needle doesn't mean it's intended for IV use. Just by the way you described it, it didn't sound like there was a real indication it was for IV (but maybe there is and I just misunderstood).

Do you have allergies? I've never heard of anyone wanting to use promethazine on purpose???
I know there're a lot of blacks out there are confused about what the enjoyable ingredient in Promethazine W/ Codeine Cough Syrups used to make "Lean" is. Promethazine is not a recreational drug in any sense- it adds to the sedation of the Codeine, but it is *not* recreational on its own.
I've actually seen and heard people arguing about whether codeine ONLY cough syrups can be used to make true "Lean" or if only the cod+promethazine can be the real thing.
Promethazine is a decent potentiator, but I find the whole argument amusing, and a little sad.

Well, a nurse freind of mine brought me these promethazine vials/some clean needles from the hospital she works at last time I was in withdrawls. She was planning on IV'ing it for me but I ended up not doing it and instead just took the vials and saved them. She's a nurse like I said and was either planning on IVing them or IM'ing them, I mean what else would she do with it? You say "just because it's meant for use with a needle doesnt mean its intended for IV", can you explain to me what else she would do with it besides IV/IM? (she certainly wasnt going to stick it up my butt)

Also reguarding the rest of your post:

Black_Pony
09-05-2007, 10:08 PM
I had no idea prometh was a potentiator. Shows what I know *shrug*. I always just though it was some relatively inert shit you had to stomach while getting your codeine dose, like Hammy says, drinking that 'lean.'

Anyway, whenever I'm done digging for a vein and I finally decide to give up, I'll muscle my shot right in the tricep (the rope-looking part on the outside of the horseshoe to be precise). And that is with an insulin rig less that 1/2" long. The BD shorts, that is.

Is that fucked up? I never showed up for class the day they explained IMing at Junky 101. The tricep area seems lean enough that 1/2" gets below the subcutaneous and into the muscle, my ass is pretty fat so I'd expect to be using a longer rig if I wanted to hit the glute (ass)...

Dr. Oxy
09-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Promethazine is a Antihistamine, and an Antiemisis drug, in the old days it was known as the sailors standby, because it was routinley taken for motion sickness. I was prescribed it when i had a stomach infection and was throwing up, to help me keep food down, worked like a charm.

According to wiki it also allows lower doses of opiates to be used and achieve similar results as a higher dose would normally achieve, but i dont condone citing wiki as a good source of any information.....you never know whos editing it.I myself have edited wiki's many times, to correct mistakes in terminology, routes of action, and so forth....so you never know