PDA

View Full Version : Anything to do about pinned eyes?

chopstix
08-27-2007, 03:19 PM
I know this is a long shot. I'm in the process of getting off the shit and making progress but somedays I use usually due to insomnia or the need to be really on the ball for work (or both) but my SO is NOT ok with me using H (in spite of her little hydro addiction).

Anything I can do to lighten up the pinned eyes besides LSD or Mushrooms? I think those would just add to the problem.. The first thing she does when she comes home is check my eyes. I know they make eye drops that dilate pupils, what is that stuff and is there anything else out there? I've used micrograms of bup with success but I don't have anymore. This sucks because shes worried sick and she doesn't understand that at this point I really have no choice on some days, I'd lose clients and a lot of money and cause more damage than I already have - I can't fix broken computers and networks and deal with stressed out people when I'm sick, just can't do it..

Any ideas? Half a gram of caffeine or maybe a fatty rail? I'm at a loss here..

slugbone
08-27-2007, 03:24 PM
thats a tough one my man. beyond pot or the drops you get at the optometrist. you could probably hook up some funky colored contacts or the ones with tinting. unless you go with the ol' soft lighting trick, if she brings you close to a stronger light source or whatever you can say the bright lite caused it

Thebane
08-27-2007, 03:32 PM
I only tried this when I just used kratom (which also causes pinned pupils) so I really have no idea if it would work but maybe someone who has done it with stronger opiates has also noticed it. Using a teapsoon of DXM (which supposedly potentiates and according to 1 study, when used with some other drug, reduces tolerance) when I took my kratom made my pupils huge until the kratom kicked in and they'd be about normal size. They didn't respond to light whatsoever but hopefully your SO wouldn't notice if your pupils looked the same in the dark or broad daylight, she's probably just looking for pinned. Again I don't know if this works with H, or if it would require so much DXM you'd trip, or if you have a history of DXM and are sensitive.

chopstix
08-27-2007, 03:54 PM
I thought DXM potentiated opiates - wouldn't that just make my eyes pin harder? I just read on wikipedia that cocaine eye drops will do it (!!) and also ephedrine. Not a big fan of either of those but cola eye drops are possible, I'd worry about the cutting agents though.. They used to sell Mua Huang at an herbal shop a few blocks from here, not sure if they still do but that's the plant that they get ephedrine from, at least one of them..

Wikipedia is amazing, "mydriatic or mydriasis" are the technical terms and there is a fair amount of information. Apparently some anti-histamines can have a "mydriatic" effect, I have some more reading to do..

Thebane
08-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Well to be honest I have no idea what makes someones eyes pin. I'm assuming its something about opiates not just depressants, so if you took an opiate and then added something like alcohol or DXM it wouldn't make your eyes any worse.

But speaking from experience DXM, even in recommended doses, makes your pupils dilate. Its not on wikipedia anymore but if you google it some govt. sites say the same thing.

This may not help you (if you need info right now) but next time I get pods I'll take DXM and see if it helps with the pinning effect or if it looks like I'd trip first. (of course pods may not be the same as heroin because of the other alkaloids in pods but I assume it would be since they usually pin my eyes)

Of course DXM may end up helping me with no tolerance but it might not apply to someone with a large H habit.

Basically I'm not much help now but I'll be glad to tell you if DXM helps me later in the week when I get pods. I'll be going to classes anyway so I should probably try to find something that helps with my conspicuous

Somanax
08-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Sunglasse's nuff said

chopstix
08-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Sunglasse's nuff said

Literally "laughed out loud."

I've lived with this woman for 8 years, she's an ex-junky and I'm on her shitlist. She walks in the door and stares at me until she's convinced my eyes aren't pinned. Sunglasses ain't gonna cut it bro - she'd walk right up to me and take them off.

Thanks though..
:)

WarmCyanide
08-27-2007, 05:33 PM
no good solution for this. topical tropicamide may work (four to six hours) or atropine (a day or so)
or call marilyn manson

chopstix
08-27-2007, 05:38 PM
no good solution for this. topical tropicamide may work (four to six hours) or atropine (a day or so)
or call marilyn manson

I think he uses contacts and speed.

Those compounds were mentioned in some of what I read, can you buy them OTC?

WarmCyanide
08-27-2007, 05:41 PM
I think he uses contacts and speed.

can you buy them OTC?
yes

chopstix
08-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Tropicamide sounds good although I think I've had that stuff, it makes your eyes HUGE and makes the user extremely sensitive to light, might be too much unless it's possible to dose to a moderate effect.

Surprisingly, 100mg (I weigh ~180lbs) diphenhydramine did the trick. Not sure if it'll work if you're completely blasted but it definitely knocked my pupils back into shape 6 hours after a decent hit. About 3hrs after the benadryl, I did another medium sized blast and I'm still not pinned, I took another (different) antihistamine anyway..

What I read said antihistamines in general have this effect so I used diphenhydramine because I knew I could handle a big dose - 100mg is kind of a lot although some people take a lot more.. Apparently the mechanism is relaxation of smooth muscle and pupils fall into that category..

Not something I plan on doing everyday but definitely a good thing to know..

WarmCyanide
08-27-2007, 08:36 PM
but does the benadryl mess you up as far as making a synergistic mess outta the whole ordeal or no??

Get-High
08-28-2007, 01:20 AM
Why the fuck would you let some chick take off your glasses to look at your eyes because SHEs and ex junky. Sack up and tell her to fuck off. So long as you aren't itching or nodding it isn't any of her damn business how your pupils look. Instead of tryin all this complicated shit, just buck up and assert yourself, you are in the right.

On a side note, I read somewhere that doctors often abuse demerol because it doesn't cause your pupils to pin. The downside? Demoral sucks, I hate shooting it and all it does is make me tired and go to sleep, but not in the good way.

Wait is she still using hydro? I dont get that part.

chopstix
08-28-2007, 05:40 AM
Why the fuck would you let some chick take off your glasses to look at your eyes because SHEs and ex junky. Sack up and tell her to fuck off. So long as you aren't itching or nodding it isn't any of her damn business how your pupils look. Instead of tryin all this complicated shit, just buck up and assert yourself, you are in the right.

I don't need to sack up for shit, I asked for advice about my eyes, not my relationship. She ain't just "some chick" and it is her business because I live in her apartment. If you don't have anything pertinent to add besides hearsay on fucking "demerol" then fuck off and go check yourself and your fucking lippy attitude, you're out of line.

Benadryl is not complicated, get a clue or a PDR or something..

--------

WC: the benadryl worked like a charm, I did one more bump (3rd since the 100mg) and I think the dope started to override it but it had been a few hours since the initial 100mg and I could have taken more diphenhydramine. All the lights were out at that point so I didn't bother, she couldn't see my eyes anymore. No noteworthy potentiation (although I do sometimes get it w/ benadryl for itchiness), at least as far as my eyes were concerned. It definitely worked..

WarmCyanide
08-28-2007, 07:00 PM
WC: the benadryl worked like a charm,

i cant argue with results! glad you found a solution:D

dirtdog
08-28-2007, 08:20 PM
hm
youre screwed there buddy
no hiding pinned eyes
its either real pinned
or too big
heh heh
best bet?
quit

chopstix
08-28-2007, 08:31 PM
hm
youre screwed there buddy
no hiding pinned eyes
its either real pinned
or too big
heh heh
best bet?
quit

You must have missed the part where I said the Benadryl worked...

And I quit all the time..:)

WarmCyanide
08-29-2007, 06:39 PM
I don't need to sack up for shit, I asked for advice about my eyes, not my relationship...

i think "get-high" was telling you some good advice based upon information you volunteered in your

first post. if it's a stipulation that you cant live with her when your high, yeah thats between you two and it's none of our beeswax. but you posted that a female you live with checks your pupils so you can live with her. why mention it if thats of no consequence. you flamed the fuck outta some cat that was tryin to give you advice.

i respectfully say that we're tryin to help dude so dont flame the advice (even if it is unhelpful).

dirtdog
08-29-2007, 10:13 PM
You must have missed the part where I said the Benadryl worked...

And I quit all the time..:)

doesnt benadryl put you to sleep?
thats what i take at night for sleep...

um...

yeah....

no worries, I "quit" all the time too

and dude.... this is exactly the reason why I dont want a BF/Hubby. Fuck...
I wanna do my own thing, when I want and how I want.
My dogs keep me company and they keep their mouths shut.

chopstix
08-30-2007, 01:56 AM
doesnt benadryl put you to sleep?

Not as well as the Heroin does! That's kinda the idea, I wish benadryl was enough to knock me out..

Yeah, the relationship is a tough subject. I'll spare you the details.. Truth is though I'm happier when not strung out, just highly susceptible to brief fits of "fuck it, I want to feel ok (or ok++) today and get some work done and sleep good tonight" and she takes it as a personal attack and another lie when it really isn't about her..

I am tired of the dope and the life though, it's just hard to quit and I live in a place that's *very* easy to score..

i think "get-high" was telling you some good advice based upon information you volunteered

That's "good advice?" Do you treat women like that? Maybe I should back-hand her while I'm at it?? I treat her as a peer and she fucking deserves it, just like you do. She's human, she's concerned and she doesn't want me shooting dope in her house, she'll have 10 years clean in November and she sunk lower in 5 years than most people on this board will ever see, including kicking methadone on a concrete floor and doing 18months for crimes few people would have the sack to pull off. That's reasonable and I sure as hell will not tell her to "fuck off" when she asks me if I've done any heroin today. I'm quite lucky to know this woman as I do, which neither you nor bonehead does so keep the relationship advice to yourself.

A stand by my assertion that I asked for input on what to do about my eyes (and solved it), the relationship advice was entirely unsolicited, obnoxious and out of line. No disrepect to anyone in this thread except the guy who assumed my girlfriend is just "some chick" and that she should "fuck off."

JonnyM
08-30-2007, 02:50 AM
That's "good advice?" Do you treat women like that? Maybe I should back-hand her while I'm at it?? I treat her as a peer and she fucking deserves it, just like you do. She's human, she's concerned and she doesn't want me shooting dope in her house, she'll have 10 years clean in November and she sunk lower in 5 years than most people on this board will ever see, including kicking methadone on a concrete floor and doing 18months for crimes few people would have the sack to pull off. That's reasonable and I sure as hell will not tell her to "fuck off" when she asks me if I've done any heroin today. I'm quite lucky to know this woman as I do, which neither you nor bonehead does so keep the relationship advice to yourself.

A stand by my assertion that I asked for input on what to do about my eyes (and solved it), the relationship advice was entirely unsolicited, obnoxious and out of line. No disrepect to anyone in this thread except the guy who assumed my girlfriend is just "some chick" and that she should "fuck off."

What did you expect when you added that piece of info in there? This is a message board and as such people are going to give you advice whether its what you were looking for or not. The guy was just giving his thoughts on the subject you didnt need to flame him when he could of just as easily been ignored, Im not trying to give you shit but relax bro. As for advice I remembered reading a story on errowid where a guy had a trick to making his pupils steady I know you already found benadryl but this is interesting all the same.

before I fixed the dilaudid, though, I need to take one precaution: I use a little trick to make sure that my pupils don't contract after my shot, since my wife knows this symptom, and she and I don't entirely agree on the role of drugs in a life well-lived. So, in an effort to keep my activities from becoming unnecessarily obvious, I take some sterile eyewash, which I had previously prepared by cold extracting into it about 1g of dried Datura Stramonium leaves (followed by careful filtering!). I put one drop in each eye, and then I can do whatever I like, confidant that my pupils will stay large and fixed for at least 12 hours. It took a little playing to get this mix right

chopstix
08-30-2007, 03:31 AM
I was merely explaining the circumstances. I challenge anyone to point out the slightest hint of advice solicitation regarding my relationship..

I also challenge anyone to point out a logical, rational solution (to the unsolicited relationship advice) in the first paragraph of the wife beater's post. He fucking deserved to be flamed. He does not have enough information to pass judgment nor advice on how to talk to my girl (who would have hit him with a large frying pan for talking that kinda shit) and then pwnd him with a 130+ IQ and a vocabulary that makes lawyers look like chumps, he should have kept his "mouth" shut and kept the post to the demerol info.

It was unsolicited, none of his business and he was out of line. Overall the thread was informative and this tangential bullshit is a trivial joke.

'Nuff said, goin' to bed..

peace.