PDA

View Full Version : Hydrocodone and Cigarettes?

Mild_Man
11-24-2005, 04:21 PM
This is probably a dumb question but I'm just curious. Will smoking cigarettes during or before, like during the day, taking hydrocodone decrease it's effects, increase, or do nothing? I know they are totally different things but it seemed like one day after I had a few cigarettes and I took hydro later that I didn't feel as euphoric even though I had waited I believe over a week from taking the hydros last time.

Paregoric Kid
11-24-2005, 07:48 PM
nicotine induces liver enzymes which might metabolize more of the hydrocodone faster to hydromorphone. it does the opposite of what cimetidine does.

Mild_Man
11-24-2005, 07:53 PM
nicotine induces liver enzymes which might metabolize more of the hydrocodone faster to hydromorphone. it does the opposite of what cimetidine does.

Yeah, isn't that what you want though since it will get into your system faster and give you a better high? I've heard with hydrocodone and codeine you shouldn't slow down the liver enzymes since you'll have less hydromorphone but then I hear other people who say you should drink grape juice and whatnot. :confused:

Paregoric Kid
11-25-2005, 03:32 AM
I guess it depends what you want out of it you are also getting some other metabolites some stronger than and weaker than hydrocodone, besides hydrmorphone, hydrocodone also metabolizes into: Norcodeine, 6-beta-hydrocodol, 6-alpha-hydrocodol, 6-beta-hydromorphol, 6-alpha-hydromorphol

Mild_Man
11-25-2005, 11:24 AM
I guess it depends what you want out of it you are also getting some other metabolites some stronger than and weaker than hydrocodone, besides hydrmorphone, hydrocodone also metabolizes into: Norcodeine, 6-beta-hydrocodol, 6-alpha-hydrocodol, 6-beta-hydromorphol, 6-alpha-hydromorphol

Well, I mean it's going to metabolize into all of those possibly anyways so the nicotine will only metabolize it faster into the system so you'll have more in you system at one time right? Also, not sure if this would work but if one would drink grapefruit juice after waiting for the hydrocodone to metabolize would that lengthen effects?

-Thanks for any answers

Paregoric Kid
11-26-2005, 01:28 AM
err I got norcodeine from a pdf I read but every other text says norhydrocodone which would be much different from norcodeine. "12% of a single hydrocodone dose is excreted as unchanged hydrocodone, 5% as norhydrocodone, 4% as conjugated hydromorphone, 3% as 6-hydrocodol, and 0.1% as conjugated 6-hydromorphol"
I'm not sure exactly how much of an effect the nicotine will have or which drug it will help metabolize more of. I am reading more on nicotine as an enzyme inducer so if I read anything relevant I will add it.