PDA

View Full Version : What exactly causes 'track marks'?

Synack
08-15-2007, 08:23 PM
See the title :)

Is it just the shit in the pills (fillers) scarring the inside of your viens?

youwonhundred
08-15-2007, 08:26 PM
See the title :)

Is it just the shit in the pills (fillers) scarring the inside of your viens?

Maybe I'm wrong here, but as far as I know, sticking a bit of metal into your flesh repeatedly is going to eventually lead to the buildup of scar tissue. In that sense, tracks are just like any other scar, you know?

is_today_monday
08-16-2007, 01:27 AM
Maybe I'm wrong here, but as far as I know, sticking a bit of metal into your flesh repeatedly is going to eventually lead to the buildup of scar tissue. In that sense, tracks are just like any other scar, you know?

I don't think you're wrong at all. Piercing the skin with anything, even a sharp needle, causes trauma to the surrounding tissues. Do it often enough, in the same area/s, you'll end up with scarring, under the skin, and outside (the part you see as track marks)

CSiiSEQ
08-16-2007, 02:13 AM
The "track" look, sometimes looks like a long-line scar is from sticking the same vein all along its length (to avoid going in through the same wound, but still enable access to the same vein).

Synack
08-16-2007, 10:35 PM
The "track" look, sometimes looks like a long-line scar is from sticking the same vein all along its length (to avoid going in through the same wound, but still enable access to the same vein).

ah, alright... just wanted to know...

pharmboy
08-17-2007, 12:05 AM
I think the "track" look is from impurities in the
Whatever. Shoot meth and you'll have nasty tracks
because meth is baisiclly one big impurity but as
long as heroin is distilled and all the cut and
other shit is cleaned out it should'nt leave any
more of a track than the very small scar from the
neddle puncture. Heroin needs to be PH adjusted also
because the chemists that make the shit leave to much
acid in it most of the time.(that vinagar smell) Acid
will make tracks worse also.

RxQueen
08-17-2007, 12:49 AM
I think the "track" look is from impurities in the
Whatever. Shoot meth and you'll have nasty tracks
because meth is baisiclly one big impurity but as
long as heroin is distilled and all the cut and
other shit is cleaned out it should'nt leave any
more of a track than the very small scar from the
neddle puncture. Heroin needs to be PH adjusted also
because the chemists that make the shit leave to much
acid in it most of the time.(that vinagar smell) Acid
will make tracks worse also.

no, the tracks are more from the repetitive "injury." sure, maybe nasty cuts might make them worse, but if ya poke yourself enough times (even with a fresh clean needle with nothing but sterile water in it), you're gonna get scars. most of my permanent, obvious trackmarks were caused by IV coke runs. the stuff was VERY pure. but when i shoot coke, i'm pretty much prepping the next hit within 5 minutes of shooting the last one. in other words, overuse of the few veins i have left with no time for them to heal. it's what causes the scarring.

Synack
08-18-2007, 11:13 PM
well, I'd like to head to the local Nx and shoot a bit of this opana and see how I do..

08-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Yeah, coke did the worst cosmetic and physical damage to my veins.

Sitar
08-19-2007, 12:16 AM
I absolutely hate how movies and television depict track marks. Maybe it's just because they want it to show up on film really clearly, but they always depict track marks as a series of huge red dots going up the entire length of a vein. It looks really stupid and phony and absolutely nothing like the real thing.

In real life, the punctures are quite tiny, and most people only use the same couple inches of a vein, not up and down the whole thing. But I don't have to tell you guys that.

Somanax
08-19-2007, 01:20 AM
WEll in my limited experience junkie's cause tracks cause they just happen to be where the dope goe's

Moonrock
08-19-2007, 01:48 AM

Hence, Trainspotting :D

Sitar
08-19-2007, 12:36 PM
I thought that the film Trainspotting was named after the term because it means to obsess over something. I don't think it has anything to do with track marks. Perhaps it's a double meaning, though.

dirtdog
08-19-2007, 07:00 PM
keep sticking a piece of metal in your arm
over and over
and just see what happens ;)
oh yeah
dont forget to miss and fuck up your veins
and there ya go
track marks and collasped veins
joy joy :p

candy
08-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Track marks are caused by repeated puncturing of the skin. While drugs like meth and coke may seem to cause darker marks, it may be due to the fact that it will cause veins to collapse at a faster rate and thus causing more scarring.

Rotate your sites from one arm to another. If your going to IV, get aqauinted with switching from one arm to another.

Using a dull needle is the big offender of those ugly black track marks.
Even after a few injections, you are dulling the needle. It is best to only use the needle once, but for the sake of reality, try only using it a few times.
And when you are injecting, don't just pull out the needle because you don't see the flash of blood right away. Sometimes pulling back just a hair will get you that flow you want. Make sure your using the beveled side up and don't go digging.
Use a tourniquet, warm those veins up with a hot shower, some weights daily to increase muscle mass which will bring those veins to the surface....Especially with us gals.
And lots and lots of water everyday.
Dehydration is going to keep those veins in hiding. So stay hydrated!
And invest in some arnica cream or gel. This prevents bruising or helps to decrease the bruising and scarring.
Even rubbing your arms with cocoa butter lotion a few times daily will work. Palmer's works really well!

Hope that helps some!

Synack
08-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Track marks are caused by repeated puncturing of the skin. While drugs like meth and coke may seem to cause darker marks, it may be due to the fact that it will cause veins to collapse at a faster rate and thus causing more scarring.

Rotate your sites from one arm to another. If your going to IV, get aqauinted with switching from one arm to another.

Using a dull needle is the big offender of those ugly black track marks.
Even after a few injections, you are dulling the needle. It is best to only use the needle once, but for the sake of reality, try only using it a few times.
And when you are injecting, don't just pull out the needle because you don't see the flash of blood right away. Sometimes pulling back just a hair will get you that flow you want. Make sure your using the beveled side up and don't go digging.
Use a tourniquet, warm those veins up with a hot shower, some weights daily to increase muscle mass which will bring those veins to the surface....Especially with us gals.
And lots and lots of water everyday.
Dehydration is going to keep those veins in hiding. So stay hydrated!
And invest in some arnica cream or gel. This prevents bruising or helps to decrease the bruising and scarring.
Even rubbing your arms with cocoa butter lotion a few times daily will work. Palmer's works really well!

Hope that helps some!
Thanks Candy for the info, Glad to see you're back!

nick
08-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Sorry man,but this might be one of the dumbest questions ever asked here.

Oh and tracks are caused by the track mark fairy.So,don't forget to leave a works under you pillow.

Please excuse the sarcasm..........I'm a very bitter human being.

GOLD N DIEMONDS
08-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Hey I wouldn't call you bitter.
Sarcastic but funny, funny works for me

Synack
08-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Sorry man,but this might be one of the dumbest questions ever asked here.

Oh and tracks are caused by the track mark fairy.So,don't forget to leave a works under you pillow.

Please excuse the sarcasm..........I'm a very bitter human being.

haha, no worries - I'm just wondering if it's the puncture of the skin or the vein or if it's scarring inside the vein itself..

AWOL
08-24-2007, 09:37 PM
What exactly causes 'track marks'? I think it's the needle or sumthin

betmylife
08-27-2007, 03:16 PM
I thought that the film Trainspotting was named after the term because it means to obsess over something. I don't think it has anything to do with track marks. Perhaps it's a double meaning, though.

correct, its someone who obsesses over useless information, like in trainspotting its sean connery and james bond...........

GOLD N DIEMONDS
08-27-2007, 04:09 PM
TRAINSPOTTING is actually a hobby of sorts in the U.K. Where the spotters sit around train station and have endless books on what number train the saw and at what time. Like #321 pull in at 4:30 at such location. They collect and share/compare this info with fellow train spotters. I suppose the ultimate goal would be to "spot" every train in U.K. Kind of like bird watching with spotting a very rare bird(train) is a real treat.
Yea, I can see the above definition applied in a broader sense, but there is a real past time called trainspotting, rates up there with 'paint dry watching'

by the way, James Bond info is never useless

WarmCyanide
08-27-2007, 06:50 PM
i've never used IV drugs. when i get a IV catheter in my arm at the hospital or get a blood test, there is never a scar. my guess is dull needle, repeated sticking or the wind direction