PDA

View Full Version : Phenobarbital

opi8fiend
07-31-2007, 12:52 AM
SWIM's friend just acquired a HUGE, and i mean HUGE ass bottle of 50mg phenos......They are bluish green with a split in the center and no inscribings or anything....Just wondering if anyone else here has dabbled with this pill in particular, hell even this chemical and if its worth even giving a go? BTW, I found NOTHING about it on the net....hah

Somanax
07-31-2007, 12:56 AM
For siezure's and if you want to decrease your bar tab

they potentiate the FUCK out of ETOH

Hiram
08-07-2007, 05:33 PM
SWIM's friend just acquired a HUGE, and i mean HUGE ass bottle of 50mg phenos......They are bluish green with a split in the center and no inscribings or anything....Just wondering if anyone else here has dabbled with this pill in particular, hell even this chemical and if its worth even giving a go? BTW, I found NOTHING about it on the net....hah

I've eaten a few. Pretty much just knocked me out. Not much in the way of euphoria for me personally. They serve their purpose if you need to sleep. They can have some serious WD's if you do get to the point of getting dependent on them because they have a seriously long half-life.

ProdigalSon
08-07-2007, 05:52 PM

You beat me too it sum bitch:D

When he capitalized the Fuck in " They potentiate the FUCK out of ETOH", he wasnt FUCKING lying

RxQueen
08-07-2007, 09:48 PM

we really gotta work on the way you sugar-coat the stuff you say, somanax! :D

i'm with somanax on this'n.... he speaks pure truth up there.

they're also good for giving to anyone who needs an emergency landing off a bad trip. no euphoria.

jonny-5
08-07-2007, 09:52 PM
the first time i ever went to detox they made me take it cause i somehow tested positive for benzos even though i hadnt been taking em. i had no anxiety the whole time and slept like a champ. then the next time i went to the same detox they didnt give it to me and i was going crazy with anxiety and couldnt sleep worth shit. theyre good for kicking, thats for sure. send some my way! (joking, obviously)

ProdigalSon
08-07-2007, 10:03 PM
[sarcasm]
they're also good for giving to anyone who needs an emergency landing off a bad trip. no euphoria.

Asshole question coming up: Why? I took them and dilantin for seizures and was always under the impression that it was a barbituate and that meant flat out FUCKED UP.

Iam just curious to what you mean as I have a few left and know some people that need the "landing" from bad trips more often than not

RxQueen
08-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Asshole question coming up: Why? I took them and dilantin for seizures and was always under the impression that it was a barbituate and that meant flat out FUCKED UP.

Iam just curious to what you mean as I have a few left and know some people that need the "landing" from bad trips more often than not

not an asshole question at all, bro. i just meant that when someone's trip has gone bad & needs to end, that usually a good dose of phenobarb will knock 'em out so they can sleep it off. and if it's someone like us (with tolerances that make knocking us out require the use of a baseball bat), at least the heavy sedation effect of phenobarb makes a bad trip less psychotic and easier to get through.

Duckfeet
08-07-2007, 10:47 PM
I remember that too, RXQUEEN. Back in old LSD days, it was considered a good "downer" to give people having bad trips...and some of the "People's clinics" said that, at least one in Gainesville FL, but all them "...als" were like that, some just lasted longer than others: Seconal, Tuinal, Nembutal, Phenobarbital. Bikers used to like them too: "Reds, man!" the street name for seconal, and until qualudes and sopors came out, the main downers around...

Last time I saw them was when my dog started getting siezures from heartworm, in South Louisiana, and the vet prescribed me phenobarbital until the poor bastard got run over, when they completed highway 90 (for you coonasses out there ;-) )

ProdigalSon
08-07-2007, 11:01 PM
not an asshole question at all, bro. i just meant that when someone's trip has gone bad & needs to end, that usually a good dose of phenobarb will knock 'em out so they can sleep it off. and if it's someone like us (with tolerances that make knocking us out require the use of a baseball bat), at least the heavy sedation effect of phenobarb makes a bad trip less psychotic and easier to get through.

Gotcha!

jonny-5
08-07-2007, 11:11 PM
I remember that too, RXQUEEN. Back in old LSD days, it was considered a good "downer" to give people having bad trips...and some of the "People's clinics" said that, at least one in Gainesville FL, but all them "...als" were like that, some just lasted longer than others: Seconal, Tuinal, Nembutal, Phenobarbital. Bikers used to like them too: "Reds, man!" the street name for seconal, and until qualudes and sopors came out, the main downers around...

ya, all the old timers in rehab would talk about reds, blues, all that good stuff. they made me really feel like i missed out. i wished i could get my hands on some tuinal or seconal. then again they never had the pleasure of some really good extacy. red ladies were SOOOO fucking good. mix in some ketamine and its better than heroin. until the next day that is. thats when the heroin comes in handy...thats actually how my opiate habit started now that i think of it.

opi8fiend
08-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Ya, i ended up snorting two at once to see if ANYTHING happened, and sure enough, nothing....So i decided to add some beer to the cocktail later that night and needless to say i was FUCK, so i guess as far as the phenobarb alone as a rec. drug, I'd say its bunk....but man if i could get my hands on some of the good barbs....that'd be heaven...

Hammilton
08-08-2007, 12:02 AM
why is this is R/Cs?

opi8fiend
08-08-2007, 12:04 AM
My bad, i probably posted it in the wrong area

SurfRat
08-08-2007, 12:13 AM
I started finding out about Tuinal and Seconal right about the time they were getting really hard to get.
Tuinal, Seconal, and Pentobarbitol all have the short half life and I thought Tuinals were most excellent.
I used to confuse Pentobarbitol with Phenobarbitol but they are different. The main difference is Phenobarbitol just makes you tired and sleepy (and Pentobarbitol gives you a fair amount of euphoria.) I knew someone a while back who obtained a fair amount of the Phenobarbitol, took a couple and then spent the next six years trying to figure out what to do with the other three or four hundred pills. Still don't know.

Duckfeet
08-08-2007, 02:17 AM
Yeah, the whole world kind of changed. Once they cracked down on DUI's the world of the downer partyer kind of ended. Bikers loved reds--seconals--but in those days, cops never gave out DUI's, particularly not on a motorcycle...it just wasn't done, so if u were weaving and slurring yer words...no big deal...now, shit, they'll get u for stumbling in public and talking too loud.

There were guys used to *love* those suckers...eat some reds, go get a pitcher of beer, get in a fight, get knocked down...you *always* got bruised up bad, and u could never remember what the fuck happened...good times! You just had to remember to call the bar the next day, see what u'd done...or roll over, see if yer old lady is still talking to u! Downers! Good old days!!! I remember once on Tuinal and Preludin, I dropped my bike, and it was spinning in the middle of the road--S.U. carburator would keep running--and I was so wasted, was trying to pick it up, cuz I knew if I could just get going, I would be all right, once I got some *speed* underneath me!!! I always had a ratchet lid suicide clutch tho, which was the real suicide clutch where u had to hold the foot clutch down while u popped it in gear....ah youth...fucking glad I don't remember too much of it... :-(

Somanax
08-08-2007, 02:44 AM
Oh ,Duck I remember,kinda.

B I 62'S WITH THE candy coat

Lemmon 714's and not knowing

what you did.B.I.62's kept us

going. All I remember is ........

trouble capital T. lucky we are

alive survival, is not gaurunteed.

Tip one for the lost :(

Duckfeet
08-08-2007, 02:55 AM
Yeah, I knew I'd run across somebody who remembered those BI62's--they sure make this modern day meth seem like ground up chalk. That stuff was nice. And went right along w/the tuinals a friend of mine's mom got. I knew some biker who had BI62 tattooed on his arm: I'm no kind of speed freak...but I always made exception for preludins. Used to be we'd get'em in drugstores....yep...good shit...a hassle to fix, all kinds of prep work, but what a rush....

Oh ,Duck I remember,kinda.

B I 62'S WITH THE candy coat

Lemmon 714's and not knowing

what you did.B.I.62's kept us

going. All I remember is ........

trouble capital T. lucky we are

alive survival, is not gaurunteed.

Tip one for the lost :(

moviebuff927
08-08-2007, 07:02 AM
God I loved Seconal...they had me so fucked up and they would bring you down from the highest upper high. It didn't matter how much coke/meth/speed you ended up doing...they would bring you right down.

Drinking with barbs? Oh man, I was never that suicidal. Hell, barbs were dangerous enough by themselves, I never thought about adding alcohol to the equation! (Well, it crossed my mind but luckily I was smart enough to know that that was a bad idea!)

In the UK they still prescribe Seconal and Tuinal pretty regularly. And Amytal as well. All Tuinal is is 50mg of Seconal and 50mg of Amytal. Remember: Reds were Seconal, Blues were Amytal, and the blue and reds were Tuinal...pretty simple, right?

I'd love to see them use barbs again. Although I agree benzos are a hell of a lot safer, they just don't compare to barbs in euphoria. Barbs are very dangerous, though. VERY dangerous...

- m o v i e b u f f

mrklean
08-16-2007, 02:22 PM
I haven't had a ton of experience with the classic shorter acting barbs but I definately know the pheno. I for one will never use pheno to come down from a trip again. Pheno takes way too long to work and then lasts way too long. I once woke up on a plane to the stewardess and captain poking me and someone asking "Is he alive?" We were landed and much to my surprise everyone else was already long gone off the plane. I didn't even know what state I was in let alone what airport. All I remember were some very beautiful patterns floating by my eyes I don't think I have ever been tripping harder than this unfortunately, I dont remember much of it.

Phenobarbital will make you act like a real idiot for extended periods of time. I think that some of those people who are hospitalized "retards" aren't really that retarded they are just so fucked up on phenobarbital inorder to keep staff from having to deal with seizures that they seem like they are totally "retarded". Phenobarbital will make you act exactly like you are mentally "retarded" for so long that people forget that you aren't. I used ""s because I don't really like that word but couldn't think of a better one and this is how people described myself when under the influence.

pharmboy
08-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Yea I heard Steven Tyler of Arrowsmith use to sew
a bunch of Tuinal and Amytal into that scarf he
would always wear so in the middle of a concert
he'd just pop one out and off we go.

(inaudible screams)
08-16-2007, 04:05 PM
My dog was prescribed pheno for seizures. There was a huge bottle, so I took a few samples. I never really felt that great from them. I am not a fan of benzos either. I like my opies.