PDA

View Full Version : ABG 60's ?

covv799ss
08-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Does anyone know the best way to defeat the time release on a generic MS CONTIN (Watson)? They look like the OC's that you can simply crush, but I'd hate to waste some in ignorance. I did a search but nothing came up...are these a new generic or something? The bottle said "Morphine Sulfate CR 60 mg"

Oh yeah, and I'm not slamming these...which apparently is kind of a waste, but hey, they were only $5 a pill...

edit: Sorry this has probably been answered a billion times, I did a search but nothing came up...seems a lot of the posts have disappeared..

moviebuff927
08-07-2007, 12:36 PM
YES...

I had the same problem. I was used to the Ethex brand of generic MS Contin when my pharmacy switched to Watson (ABG).

The secret is to crisp them. Take the coating off, put them on a spoon over a candle or flame, and turn them over and over until they break apart. They will begin to sorta "melt" and then start to carmelize. DON'T burn them, just toast them enough where they are caramel colored and then take them off of the spoon onto a piece of paper so they can cool. Then crush up the "tar" for lack of a better word and throw in your water. Completely defeats them. When I tried them the way I used to cook my Ethex brands, they just gelled up and would not draw.

It takes a bit of practice, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to do it everytime with no worries!

- m o v i e b u f f

youwonhundred
08-07-2007, 12:54 PM
oh man.... glad to know that, i wasted several this month when i got the new ones. my pharmacy apparently switched also.. bastards.

Azrael
08-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Does anyone know the best way to defeat the time release on a generic MS CONTIN (Watson)? They look like the OC's that you can simply crush, but I'd hate to waste some in ignorance. I did a search but nothing came up...are these a new generic or something? The bottle said "Morphine Sulfate CR 60 mg"

Oh yeah, and I'm not slamming these...which apparently is kind of a waste, but hey, they were only $5 a pill...

edit: Sorry this has probably been answered a billion times, I did a search but nothing came up...seems a lot of the posts have disappeared..

Crisping is unnecessary unless you plan to inject the morphine. For non-injection purposes I've never found a morphine pill that did not work using this very simple method:

Remove coating if there is one
Crush the pill into powder
put into a coffee cup and add a cup of boiling water
After this part I usually use tea bags or some fresh squeezed grapefruit.

So to recap: powder + 3-9 oz. of boiling water will destroy and time-release mechanism for morphine pills.

This is obviously for oral use but you can use 3cc's of hot water and suck it into a 5cc syringe without a needle and it will work fine for rectal use as well.

moviebuff927
09-24-2007, 02:28 AM
Crisping is unnecessary unless you plan to inject the morphine. For non-injection purposes I've never found a morphine pill that did not work using this very simple method:

Remove coating if there is one
Crush the pill into powder
put into a coffee cup and add a cup of boiling water
After this part I usually use tea bags or some fresh squeezed grapefruit.

So to recap: powder + 3-9 oz. of boiling water will destroy and time-release mechanism for morphine pills.

This is obviously for oral use but you can use 3cc's of hot water and suck it into a 5cc syringe without a needle and it will work fine for rectal use as well.

THAT WILL ONLY WORK FOR CERTAIN BRANDS!!! NOT ALL OF THEM!

I know this post is old but I was going over my old posts and trying to correct a few...The technique described by Azrael will work for Mallinckrodts and Ethexs but NOT Watsons and a few others.